Barclays Reviews

Barclay Review

I have used Barclays saving accounts for years now. I was looking to open saving account at bank with higher interest rate compare to others, and I chose Barclays for it. They offer low fee services with higher interest rate for saving account, and since it is lacking physical branches, which means no ATM and actual place to withdraw cash from account, it makes little easier to keep my money in safe spot. I don't have deep experience with their customer service, but one time I had issue with online banking, and I had to make a phone call to their customer service, they were really helpful, and everything was solved very quickly. I am not planning to open any other saving account or CDs, but if I do have plan, I will probably consider Barclays for it.

Amazing Interest Rates

Barclays offers unheard of interest rates for their online savings accounts. There are no fees or annual charges. The rates often best traditional investment vehicles which do not have the flexibility of withdrawing your funds at any time. The only negative to this account is that is can take 5 business days to complete monetary transfers, so if you would ever need your money faster than that, this may not be the best fit for you.

Always Good

Posted by: wendicrane | Mar 4, 2018

I've had a Barclay's Savings Acct. for 5 or more years and have nothing but good things to say about my experience. I enjoy their 1% interest rate which is not easy to find among other banks. I find using their web and mobile sites very easy to use. Their money transfer time has greatly improved over the last couple years and I usually receive it as quickly as 1-2 days! I've never dealt with their customer service, but it seems they would be helpful based on their website and it appears easy to get in touch with them. The only negative I see is that there are no Barclay's ATM machines (that I know of) in NYC and there is also no branch you can visit here in the city. I had once wanted to make a large deposit in person, but it was not possible. I instead had to deposit it first into my Chase Checking account and then transfer it over. It was a bit inconvenient, but nothing too bad.

As a customer of Barclays bank, I'm not completely thrilled, but I'm satisfied nevertheless. I have a savings account, used primarily to store money I receive from my main job for direct deposit. I chose this bank originally because a long time ago my Mother used to work for them as her first job, and its always a bit of nostalgia for her whenever I receive a form with their letterhead in the mail. I've also been meaning to look into their travel perks, gaining points from a debit card and so forth, but so far haven't gotten around to it. As a bank, its about the same as any other bank. A good web system, quick direct deposit transactions and a cute newsletter sent out through the email. I don't have anything terrible to say about it. There is apparently a scandal going on somehow I read about in the Wall Street Journal, but that hasn't stopped me from banking there (yet).

My experiences with Barclays

About 10 years ago I had a bank account with Barclays. I really enjoyed banking with them. The reason I switched banks was because where I live there are no Barclays locations so it made it very difficult to handle my financial transactions. I think they are a good organization and I recommend them.

This Bank Has The Worst Website

I have been having trouble logging into my account for the past few days and their customer support hasnt been any help. I had this same problem a few months ago and after over 10 calls to their customer support someone was able to fix the problem. Today they gave me the same stupid reason as before saying they are upgrading their system. I have online accounts with american express and synhrony and never had any problems with them. Stay away from this bank unless you like wasting your time talking to them to make a transaction

Barclay's Dream Account

I learned about Barclay's from one of my Facebook Groups. I wanted a savings account with more than the standard interest rate and that gave incentives sometimes. People were saying that the Dream Account from Barclays had no fees, allowed for monthly deposits of $1000, and at times they would match what was put in at an interest rate of 1.5 percent. I was intrawled at the prospect. The process to open the account was simple. The even have security or rather maintenance procedures to ensure that your contact information is up to date. The annual verification process makes me feel like my money is secure even if It's stored through an online account. This account has really helped to keep me focused as I am allowed to name my account with the purpose of what I am saving for. I call it my Dream House Fund.

Barclays savings review

Posted by: Konatell | Feb 6, 2018

Barclays has really competitive interest rates. it's a good place to park money at since there are no atm's available. Account is super easy to set up. They have decent online banking so I can check on my savings and do any banking I need to do. That means it's not a big deal to not have a bank branch to enter.

Barclays Bank - Best Value there is

Posted by: Aineryma | Feb 6, 2018

I have been using Barclays Bank as my main savings and CD account service for about 5 years now. I actually have 3 separate accounts with them. Two of them are savings and the other is a CD. The reason I use Barclays as my main Savings account is because of their high 1.3% interest rate. This is much higher than what the conventional banks offer. I also have a CD which has a 2.25% interest rate for a 60-month plan. Again, this is much higher than most competitors. They can offer these rates because of their low overhead since they operate largely online. I haven't had any issues with them being online-only since they are great about answering questions on the phone and through online Chat. I even got my fiancee to move all of her accounts to Barclays. As long as they can keep offering high rates, I will continue to be a loyal customer.

Barclay's Online Saving's Account Review

My experience with having an Barclay's Online Saving's account has so far been fantastic. I've had this account for about 2 years because I wanted to have the money that I save, make me some money. At first, I looked at other online saving's bank's but I didn't like them at all, although I did open an account with American Express Savings which is fantastic as well. After about a month later, I was searching the net and found about the Barclay's Online Saving's Account. Once I saw the interest rate, I was highly motivated to open an account and I must say, it was the best decision that I have taken for my finances. Ever since I opened it, I've had no problems whatsoever depositing money into the account or withdrawing, which takes about 2 day's to get into your checking account. The website is very easy to maneuver to deposit or withdraw and the customer service is superb. I highly recommend trying out the service. You won't regret it.

as expected nothing but internet use for me

Posted by: Graphicem | Jan 13, 2018

So far so good--Barclays has met my expectations and made it easy for me to transfer money online (only) to and from a couple of other institutions (savings and checking accounts). The online savings account has decent interest rates that have almost been equal to CD rates in other places. I get a monthly summary email with my savings interest which lets me see how much money gets added to my savings account regularly. I also have a few CD's with Barclays which I was able to transfer funds from my Barclays savings account without issue--the CD rates have been competitive with any of the other online banks. The summary of all my accounts in one place make it easy to see what CD's are coming due and I can choose what I want to do with the distributions (deposit into my savings account, or deposit into the CD). When a CD comes to term I can choose to renew at current rate (which I can see) or just deposit into my savings account.

A pleasure

Posted by: Feragorma | Jan 13, 2018

I have a savings account through Barclay's. I love having them as my online bank. They have a great rate and do well for people who travel. Barclay's online banking is a pleasure from beginning to end. The user interface is beautifully designed and intuitive. The app is equally pleasurable to use. The fees are reasonable, and certainly a concern for a person of means such as myself, or for anyone who is, shall we say, comfortable.

Great So Far

Posted by: EricJ | Jan 12, 2018

Have been a customer of Barclays for a few years with CDs and a savings account. I tend to have about 15 or so online banks I deal with and this one has been less hassle than many of the others and their website is much easier than some to deal with if you want to make changes such as a beneficiary change, opening more CDs etc.

I don't often speak to customer service but the few times I have they have been helpful and taken care of my questions.

I plan to open another CD and possibly more in the future if their rates stay near the top as they have.

No Longer Offers Accounts For Minors

Posted by: intdem2 | Jan 12, 2018

So as of June 6, 2016 they no longer accounts for minors. If you had them before you can keep them, but if you had dream accounts they are stuck at the rate they had before which is the low rate of 1.20%

I called customer service and they basically advised me to move those accounts to another bank that offers minor accounts.

Excellent Bank when it comes to saving money

Posted by: Faritinac | Jan 5, 2018

So recently I have been saving up money for a new home. In doing so, I like to maximize my earnings, making sure that where my money is held is earning as much as possible. I then found Barclays. Wow. My brick and mortar bank was earning me .01% interest rate. Seriously? As soon as I moved my money over to Barclays, I was earning 1.25% on my money. This may not seem like a lot, but when your goal is to keep money liquid so you can have it the next day if need be, a saving account was the way to go in my mind. I know compared to stock returns, it isn't much, but I like the safety of knowing that my money will never decrease in value. The website is very clean and easy to use. Everything you would want to see on a single page is right there for you and leaves you feeling secure about your choice to use them. Best yet? They always increase the interest rate to fluctuate with prime which a lot of banks don't do. Overall, very satisfied with my bank.

Just another bank.

Posted by: Funnywinn | Jan 4, 2018

Barclays is just another bank. I have yet to encounter a bank or financial institution that really makes me think "that is a good bank." every experience is the same. fees are too high and customer service doesn't seem to be from a person on this continent. mobile app isn't great and they really don't have any products or promotions that i am interested in.

Very Poor Service

Posted by: KatWas | Jan 4, 2018

I opened a Barclays student account recently to save money while I was in graduate school. During this time, I had $1200 stolen from my account by a fradulent Airline Company which stole my debit card and credit card information. Barclay's was very slow to respond to the issue and also the customer service representative appeared suspicious of me - I had to call and email multiple times to get any updates and it took months to resolve this issue. Barclay's was very unclear with their policies and neglected to tell me that I had a 15 dollar overdraft. They also took a sizeable chunk of money each time I made an international transfer. Furthermore, its extremely difficult to use their website to check my online savings account - each time I log into a different computer I have to go through a long process in order to verify myself, then enter multiple passwords which are all hard to remember.

Not very pleased

Posted by: GoofyGiga | Dec 27, 2017

I have used Barclay checking and savings for about a year now. I think that their website is fantastic and I really enjoy the ease of the site. To be honest, that is as far as my compliments go. I have not enjoyed the customer service as far as friendliness and ease go. It takes a long time to get someone on the phone and when I do I don't get the welcoming experience I am used to with other banks. My biggest complaint is that I cannot do enough online. You are not able to dispute online or do a lot of normal things without having to call. I don't have a Barclay that I can actually get into obviously so everything I do seems to have to be online. It takes a very long time and I feel like my urgency does not matter.

US Banks just don't compare

I recently moved to the US after a job transfer. I was struggling to find a banking institution that took customer services seriously, where I was not just a number. I was also looking for data protection and other account security services that seemed to be a privilege, not a right in the US economy. I was excited to see that my old UK bank, Barclays, now had US services. I transferred all my employment deposits and daily banking dealings to Barclays from another large US bank that I was dealing with. I have never looked back. With Barclays I have never had any banking errors or deposit "mistakes". I was initially worried about the service only being online, but I have not been disappointed. I receive a more personalized service than when I used to walk into my old local US bank branch. Everything with the services are seems very user friendly, customer supportive, and streamlined.

Savings Account

I had a savings account with Barclays for a few years and really enjoyed how easy it was to maintain. The institution was up front about any fees that I needed to pay and the parameters of the account. It was very easily to navigate their electronic content and to figure out how to do the different things I needed to do (like deposits and transfers). When I needed to close my account, it was incredibly simple to do online and I did not feel like I needed to jump through any hoops to get it done. I believe I also talked to customer service and they were helpful as well. I would definitely recommend banking with them to my friends and family.

Great Interest Rates

I opened a savings account with Barclays online about 2 years ago in order to get the best interest rate possible. At the time I opened it, it was about 1.10% and has gone up to 1.30% since, which is great. When you set up your Barclays online savings account, which is all done online, it enables you to link it with another external account. I linked my Barclays savings with my checking account and set up an automatic monthly draft to savings, which has worked out good. You get notifications when the draft takes place, which makes it easy to track. Also, it's very easy to transfer money back and forth. There have been times I've wanted to move more money to savings, which is easy, and other times I've needed to transfer money from my Barclays savings to my linked checking account - the transfer is simple to complete and probably depending on your bank, it's decently fast, usually posting within 1-2 business days, so you have to plan ahead a little. I've never needed to contact customer service because everything I need to do can be accomplished online, on my own. What I would really like to have is an app on my smartphone so I can manage my savings account without having to login via a browser, but last I checked, nothing was available like that for Barclays savings. Overall I'm really happy with Barclays Savings online, I've recommended it to a few people now because of it's simplicity and competitive interest rates.

Barclay's Dream Account

About a year ago, I opened a Barclay's Dream Account to start saving for a house. It is a higher than average interest rate online saving account. The account also doesn't have any maintenance fees. The process was fairly easy. I provided the requested information and verified my identity and in a day or two was able to start saving. The max you can deposit into the account any given month is $1000. The account also has incentives sometimes where they bank will match what you put in. You can even name your account so that you are constantly reminded of your goal. The customer service is top notch. I remember forgetting my password and having to call. The associate was prompt and professional. Overall, I really enjoy this saving account and because it is online and not attached with my regular savings I am less likely to make withdrawals. Also the extra money because of interest is phenomenal.

No fees and you have my vote

Posted by: Baueruser | Dec 11, 2017

I was tempted to go with Barclay's because I prefer to have banks that are close and I can actually go see in person. I still went with them however due to their great reviews online. I could not find a better rate on a savings account. I am also always very pleased whenever I have to deal with customer service. The representatives always go out of their way to make sure that my needs are met. I have never had an issue with being charged a maintenance fee which is very important to me since I have had a substantial amount of issues in the past with that at other banks. I plan on banking with them for a while as long as these things do not change.

Five stars for Barclays online savings account

Posted by: 2cuteRay | Dec 8, 2017

In a time where interest rates for consumer products remain low, I was so happy to find the savings account from Barclays, which offers a higher rate alongside the convenience of online banking. While the 1.3% rate is by no means mind-blowing, compared to other offerings in the space--including credit unions--it is definitely more generous. In addition, their tools are appealing and easy-to-use; when opening the account I was able to use the savings planning tool to set goals which therefore informed my eventual automatic transfers and allows me to track progress. While I did have some initial hesitation about using an online-only bank based outside of the United States, I did call the customer service line ahead of making the account and the representative was very patient and helpful in answering my questions and assuaging my doubts. All in all, it has ended up being a nice, easy accompaniment to my other account and savings instruments.

Posted by: Lantron | Dec 4, 2017

I needed a bank that I could use to savings. My Associated Bank account at home just didn't give me the interest rate that I wanted. So I started looking online. I chose Barclays. Barclays is a wonderful place to put your money. I can actually see a few dollars coming in due to an savings interest rate of 1.3%. Additionally, there was no minimum deposit. Depositing money is not complicated, as it is initiated from the Barclay's account. I am very happy with the Barclays account, not only for its simplicity but for its interest rate. Then it gives me all information I need, such as dates, amounts and any other money related information. I am very happy with Barclays.

Amazing Online Savings Account

My experience with Barclays bank was positive. I have a savings account with Barclays and its 1.30% APY is awesome compared to my alternative savings account with Ally (1.25% APY). I have been an account holder for just over a year and have picked up a routine to transfer $100 into my savings account every Friday on my Macbook Pro laptop. I personally have never had any issues with Barclays to ever feel the need to call customer service. My experience has constantly been effortless and jubilant as my money continues to grow. I would definitely recommend anyone to open a Barclays Savings account an take full advantage of its offerings. There literally aren't that many banks that offers such a high savings yield and zero need for customer service advice.

Barclays Banking is the Best

Barclays is an excellent banking services provider. They're website makes it easy to manage my accounts. They're fees are lower than other banking services. They're interest rates on savings and CD accounts are competitive. I recommend Barclays to any person looking to open a savings account. I recommend Barclay's to anyone shopping for a place to put their money in a CD account. If you have a question, Barclays is there to help with friendly customer service representatives. Barclays website is full of financial tools and calculators to help you make a well informed decision about your financial strategy. Barclays is not a newcomer in the financial services market. They have a long history of excellence and a reputation that lets you be confident that you are getting a good deal and will be treated professionally. If you want to open an account just visit their website. Browse through their site and pick the options that best fit your needs.

My bank

I always banked locally at traditional brick and mortar banks.,it was my hometown and was very convenient. Iv been told that banking online is safe and secure and very competitive. I I I I started to look into it. I did some research and finally decided to try out Barclays online banking. Was I ever surprised at how convenient it was. The ease of setting up my account was incredible. The customer service was top notch and the fees and rates were better than competitive. I highly recommend Barclay online banking to anyone who is considering changing to online banking

Get the most bang for your savings buck

My experience with the online banking institution is mostly positive and satisfactory. The online savings account which I opened with the bank provides me with a high yield account which rivals many other banks and exceeds most, is very easy to use and user friendly. The only caveat that I do have and the only issue which I seem to have come across so far, is that what the website says in terms of next steps to take, is not reflected on what happens. For example, once I opened my account and added an external bank to perform transfers, it kept saying waiting to be validated but it never happened. I ended up having to call customer service which had to make the change manually for anything to happen. Other than this issue, I had an exact same thing happen on a second transfer but I was able to go about it myself to amend the issue. I would say that the website is pretty lackluster and is pretty straightforward, but it does get the job done. The best part of the savings account is the high yield and depending on the account you open, they give you a certain bonus on consecutively saving your money with them, so that is a good thing. I would highly recommend the online banking account for anyone looking to save more and get a high yield savings account for themselves or their family.

Fantastic 1.30% Savings Yield!

I have been banking with Barclays for some time now - what first attracted me was their low 1.15% savings APY, which has since grown to 1.30%. This is higher than any other banking institution that I have researched. Instead of taking their customers' cash and investing it into profits for the company, Barclays is instead giving that yield back to the customer. There have been few cases where I needed to contact their online or voice support team, and each time my issue(s) was resolved without further delay. The bank has a friendly staff who are genuinely interested in saving for the customer. I expect that with the growth of APY in most banks recently, Barclays will continue to increase theirs in an act of support and love for their customers.

A great bank for a great customer!

I use this bank all the time for my financial needs. They are very customer oriented and friendly when i need them. Their website is very easy to use and fast to navigate. I have a savings account that i use to save my money up and they tend to it the best way that they know how. I always have fast access to my money and can get a hold of someone at the bank anytime day or night. They treat me like royalty in their business. I really like the fact that they can tell when i need something and get it to me right way. They are they best banking institution i can find in this day and age of mass production and mediocre customer service. I use their savings account that gets me s high yield on my deposits. It is the only sure fire way that i know of to build my savings.

Great Savings Account

Two years ago I was trying to decide what to do with a decent amount of money. I wanted more growth than a savings account but still wanted a liquid asset. After some research I found that the Barclays Online Savings account met the bill pretty well. I started at 1% interest with them which was already unheard of, and in the two years since I have had my account open the interest rate has jumped twice. The website is intuitive and works well. My only criticism is that there is no mobile app, other than that I am extremely happy with this account.

A good bank with decent savings rate

I really like barclays for my banking needs. They were offering 1% interest on their accounts when other banks were just offering 0.10-0.25%. I really love their customer service too. I have been locked out of my account because i switched email accounts and forgot to update my email. I forgot the password and since i didnt have the same email address I had to call. I was able to sort my account in pretty fast with the helpful people. I didnt have to have to be bothered with updating everything and giving a dna sample. Fast and easy. I really love this bank and overall hope to keep things going for a long time. The other awesome thing is their mobile app. It is very simple to use and overall a good design. The fees are great since they dont have stupid min amount to keep the account free like a lot of banks do. I really like that to the point I do recommend people deal with this bank. While there isnt a branch near me the phone support is the best.

I like Barclays

I have had a good experiences with Barclay. The online experience is always simple and easy. Customer service works well. In a case where I lost my card and when their was fraud I received notification from the immediately and were very good at sending me a new card as soon as possible. I feel this institution is reputable and reliable. I would recommend anyone use this bank for any future needs. They have great rates for their savings account. Overall, great experience good customer service, friendly staff members, and easy use of their systems.

Excellent bank with Competitive rates

Posted by: Canedyne | Nov 9, 2017

So I chose Barclays when I found out that I could be getting significantly more per month out of my savings account. I typically only keep a small emergency fund in my Chase account because if I need it that day, I can access it in cash. That would be the only downside to an online only bank in my opinion. I opened up my Barclays account about a year back and have never looked back. I use them mostly for their savings accounts as the interface is clean and its just a very trustworthy experience. Their rates are usually the most competitive and always change with the market and recently, its been going up and up! My past online bank, Capital One, never changed their interest rates. So overall, the experience I have had with Barclays has been amazing so far.

Great savings opportunity

Barclays online banking provides a good place for me to save for something I need. I feel their rates are higher than other banks and gives incentives to continue saving. I do not like their web page though as it sometimes feels lackluster and things which should be finalized end up not. Overall a good place to save and put your money. There were times when I received a notification in my email to take the next steps to finalize an addition of external accounts but no where on the website was there a place to do so nor was there any further pront to continue to finalize anything. I even called customer services to fix it which they said they promptly did but it still did not show up on the website. Still recommend it for their higher rate.

Banking online with Barclays

I have had my account for about a year with Barclays Bank and have been nothing but pleased. I set up my account with no issues and was able to connect it with other banks that I use. I can easily deposit money via ACH into the account and transfer it out. The interest rate is 1.2% which to me is good for a savings account on an online bank. I use this bank for my side hustle money and the money is in my account within a day after it was sent. The only thing I wish it had was an app so I can deposit checks.
I have not had to do any interactions with employees at the bank, which actually makes me very happy.

Barclays Online Banking

I moved my savings to Barclays bank after having it sit with Chase bank earning 0.01%. Since this basically gives you just $0.01 in interest every month, I decided to find something better. I found Barclays online and it offered an interest rate that was 100x what Chase was offering. There were no fees associated with changing over and setup was a breeze. I just had to provide my personal information and I linked it to my Chase account so that I could electronically transfer the money over to Barclays. I am so glad that I set up this account. Unfortunately, they only offer savings accounts/CDs. I had to keep my checking account with Chase for day to day transactions but it's great to actually earn interest on my money.

Great Online Bank

Barclays has been a great online bank. I prefer their rates as opposed to other banks. They provide exception 24 hour support and they stay on top of everything. The one downside is that it is online and can make withdrawals and deposits a little bit more difficult. To deposit cash I usually have to go to a family member and swap them cash for a check to deposit it. Check deposits are extremely easy and quick. However any excess cash I typically hold onto.

Not bad but would still go local if possible.

This is one of the banks that when everything is working fine then it is a really good solution. Thought there rates were very competitive but if there is a problem then it becomes a big problem. I had two issues one where I had lost one of my cards and it took 60 minutes to get everything taken care of over the phone as oppose to my local bank where I walked in and 5 minutes later it was taken care of. Also I had an issue with someone trying to use my information to get money and that ended up being a 2 week process of getting this all cleared up. My biggest complaint with that is they don't know me so you have to jump through hoops to prove who you are as opposed to my local bank where everyone knows you by your face and it would have been handled so much quicker. In the future I might just use this for savings or cd's.

Great bank with a good return than standard banks

This is a UK based multinational bank that has a great reputation. The bank has a higher than average interest rate compared to other banks and has great customer service. It has a 24/7 online access to your bank account and easy online transfers to other banks as well. It has a great feature if you have a savings goal and will explain what you will need to meet those goals. Also there are no hidden fees, monthly maintenance fees, and no minimum balance to open an account. The interface and ease of use is what makes this bank great to use. For more experienced savers, you can open a dream account, as they offer bonuses on interest earned for continually making contributions to your savings. This is one of the better banks out there compared to others, as they offer better savings opportunities.

Barclay's is dependable but needs improvement.

I've been with Barclay's for quite a few years now and I continue because of their great APR savings account which require no monthly fee's and no minimum balance to sign up. I started with them because of those aspects and those have continued so if you're looking for a great bank with a good APR it should definitely be an option. Those were the good to great things about Barclay now onto the bad! Their customer service is severely lacking which seems to be the norm with a lot of banks these days. I've contacted and didn't even receive a reply in some cases even if it was a general inquiry. At certain stages in the last few years it takes quite a while to even get a response in both phone and email. I've also had a few problems with their web experiences as sometimes the site has problems but that's not really an issue. Overall they offer a great savings account and it's truly worth it if you don't mind mediocre customer service.

Great Savings Account with no fuss!

I was looking for a bank that could provide me with a higher interest rate on my savings account. I was referred to Barclays by someone on a financial forum I use. At the time Barclay's was offering a 1% interest rate on savings accounts and they charge no fees. What really sealed the deal for me was the fact that they did not have a high account minimum like so many other financial institutions. I have an auto deposit monthly into my account on a date I specified. Recently Barclay's increased their interest to 1.2%. What's not to like about that? This is the highest interest rate I have been able to find for a liquid account. My only critique is I wish their web address was a littler simpler. I find myself trying to log into their card account all the time and it's a little frustrating.

Great Customer Service Experience

Posted by: tonicherry | Oct 2, 2017

About a year ago I started a new job and was having a ton of trouble setting up my direct deposit for my paycheck. I had talked to the finance person in the office I worked in and she consistently told me that I had to have been doing something incorrect on the online set up and was entering incorrect information, because there was no reason I should have been having issues. I called the customer service number for Barclays and spent about 30 minutes on the phone with a man (I do not remember his name) who talked me through the whole process so that my check could be deposited. It was a relatively simple fix, I was just having a lot of trouble and had been further confused by repeated unsuccessful attempts. Had this customer service rep not been so patient, I probably would have given up on the direct deposit altogether.

Barclays is exceptional

Posted by: ebonyperry | Oct 1, 2017

I have always banked locally near where I live. It was convenient and usually the fees were competitive. As the fees increased I began to think about banking online. I've heard and read about it and had found some interesting facts. I was skiddish at first because I always banked in person. Having done some homework I finally decided to try banking online with Barclays. I started with my personal checking that I pay my bills with and I was so pleased I switched my savings account over also. The customer service was great and I received all the help I needed. I am now going to set up a college fund for my grandchildren and I am looking at CDs next. I highly recommend Barclay for online banking

Excellent Savings Account Location

About two years ago I began looking for somewhere to park a reasonable amount of money. It was large enough that I wanted to see more of a return than a traditional savings account, yet I still wanted it to be liquid. After some research I came across Barclays Online Savings accounts. They offer several versions, I went with the most traditional savings account. It has been excellent so far, I was able to link it online with my regular checking/savings account bank and transfer money back and forth very easily. The best part about this bank is that it has increased my interest level two times in only two years to a whopping 1.2%. This is unheard of for a savings account and has allowed me to gain a fairly large return in a small time with Barclays. Would definitely recommend this banking location.

Barclays Savings Account Experience

I opened a savings account with Barclays Bank about six to seven months ago. I was looking to open an account just to be able to put a little money away each month. I did a search online and found some good reviews on Barclays. I also saw that they have one of the highest interest rates for a free, no minimum savings account. I was a little weary of having to sign up online and never being able to go to a bank in case I had any problems. These reservations were unfounded. Sign up was quick and easy and I was able to start putting a little money in the account right away. I had a couple of question after opening the account about interest rates and monthly statements. I emailed my questions to the address listed and got a clear response very quickly. The experience is great so far.

Barclays Online Banking

I began banking with Barclays shortly after I graduated high school. I became aware of Barclays through a friend who had been using their banking service, so she then suggested it to me so I thought I would give it a try. Overall, I am satisfied with their service. I have not ran into many, if any, hiccups that I would not have encountered if I had been banking with any other financial institution. The product that I am most satisfied with is their online banking service. The online banking service provides me with a convenience that is not often brought to you by lesser known banks. I can check my account balances from my phone and even monitor what transaction I have had approved or are still outstanding. This gives me a quick and easy way to look at my current assets if I choose to decide to invest money or spend on a treat for myself.

Barclays - Great Customer Service

I have banked with Barclay's for almost a decade now. Overall, I have been very pleased with the products and services I have received from Barclay's, both in a branch and online. I currently have a personal checking and savings accounts, and a business checking account. I have ultimately stayed with Barclay's over the years due to their customer service. People are always very courteous in the branches, and I always feel very welcome. Specifically, I have been the victim of fraud a couple times since joining Barclays. It's a horrible experience, but each time, Barclay's has made it tolerable. Bankers have sat down with me and gone through months of purchases just to make sure there weren't any other charges I was over looking. Then they put the money from the fraudulent charges right back in my account, the same day. I didn't have to wait for their investigation to get my money back. I felt that they were dedicated to me. I would recommend them to anyone to bank with.

Great Bank For Your Goals

I have had great experience banking with Barclays. My checking account is very easy to use, my checks are affordable and I can always contact a customer service representative when necessary. My debit card has been accepted both domestically and internationally.
In the past I have had fraudulent transactions that have occurred on my debit card. The fraud department promptly stopped my card, reached out to me directly, and advised of the next steps. My card was replaced quickly and I was not responsible for the charges. I appreciated the bank's attention to detail in protecting my assets. I would recommend this bank to anyone looking for an institution who values their clients.

Excellent Online only Savings

Posted by: Formania | Sep 23, 2017

I have used the Barclay's Online Savings account for about two years now. I was researching the best savings account and decided on this one to park a fairly large amount of money that I still wanted easy access too. Linking the Barclays account with my usual savings/checking bank accounts was all online and worked like a breeze. The best part about this place is that in the two years since I have had an account they have increased interest rates two times! I am now collecting a whopping 1.2% interest on my savings account which is unheard of in the brick and mortar banking world. I am a huge fan of this savings account!

Barclays had me at no fees

My old bank decided to pull a bait and switch move on me by introducing monthly fees about a year after I opened an account with them so I decided to switch to Barclays and its a decision I don't regret one bit. I'm happy that I have no minimums imposed on me and I'm especially happy that my account doesn't incur any fees if I don't maintain a certain minimum - that's a huge pet peeve of mine and lucky for me, something I don't ever have to worry about when it comes to Barclays!!

For Bank Of This Size - Horrible Customer Service

Posted by: aka13 | Sep 14, 2017

This was classic 'how to lose your customer 101' experience. I had Barclays Savings account for a bit more than 3 years now. On Monday I tried to log into my account to transfer additional funds from my external checking accounts. When I clicked on "transfer funds" the system kicked me out and despite my attempts to relog-in, it kept saying I enter incorrect information and ultimately blocked my account. I called their 800 number and asked what was happening. A rep could not explain what was the reason and also said there were no reports of technical issues. She unblocked my account and so on the next log in I created a new password and also updated security questions while I was at it. Logged-in I tried again to transfer money and the same story happened - I was kicked out. No error messages, nothing - just back to the log in page. The system let me to log-in on a 3d attempt, but I could not do anything once in besides looking at the balance - otherwise it kept kicking me out. I decided to change the password one more time, as clearly I was freaking out by that point that the account has been somehow compromised. The system would not even let me do that!
So after an hour or so of attempts to do something, I called the customer service again. I explained everything that happened and the rep offered to re-set my password. I told him I don't need that but I want some assurance that my account has not been hacked and the money is not on its way somewhere offshore. He said he cannot do that. When I asked if I can put a temp freeze on any funds transfer from the account he said he cannot do that either. Ok, then I said I want to transfer the entire balance to my checking account asap and he said I should do it online. Yet again I had to explain that the system would not let me do it and kicks me out. Then he said the only solution is to notify a technical support team. BUT there is no time frame with which they will respond. I had a significant amount there so I was very nervous since it seemed I could not do anything to get my money! I then asked to talk to a manager since the entire experience had been more than surreal and I was concerned about my money. The guy said there was no managers on duty. I could not believe that and asked again - he responded that he swears no one is available. It is Barclays for god's sake! I asked again - then he started to tell me a story how everyone is assisting with the Hurricane Irma response. I could not believe my ears! The only thing he said he can do it to take a message and a manager will get back to me in 24-48 hours! I was at a nervous breakdown by that point since the account had more than 4 years of my savings in it!
After the call I tried to see if I can send an email to customer support - nope, no such option for any Barclays US business, as you can find quickly online. I tried to call again - just to get a voicemail that offices are now closed.
Finally, after a dozen of log-ins from all browsers and computers I could get a hold of I managed to initiate the transfer of my entire balance. It has been 72 hours and I have not heard a thing from either customer service, technical team or the mysterious manager. I still cannot believe the entire experience, since I always thought Barclays is a trusted name and a seasoned bank. But if you cannot get me my money or at least show that you do care about the issue and work on resolving it asap, especially when it gets to the point of questioning the safety of my funds - you will not have me as a customer. I now transferred the money to an account with a higher yield at a bank that has phone, chat and email support, so at least the story ended well for me.

Barclays Savings Account

Posted by: Melodomed | Sep 3, 2017

I wanted an online savings account that provided both a high savings rate and a good overall experience. I was referred to Barclays through a friend and I have not been disappointed. With their current 1.20% interest on savings it is one of the best available anywhere. Another big perk is the fact that I did not need a minimum to start and it doesn't require a monthly minimum deposit which is exactly what I needed. The process took 10 minutes to open the account and about 3 days for the accounts to be verified. Since then I have set up multiple automatic deposit accounts and have let them sit. Finally, the best perk of all is that with Barclays being a European based company and I live in the United States the only way I can access these accounts is through the internet, which helps me actually save money instead of taking it out from a local ATM.

My review of Barclays bank

I have a savings and a checking account with Barclays. While not living in NYC, I decided to go to grad school here in NYC so when I moved I decided to get a local bank (although there are tons of banks in NY).

One area that I like with Barclays online banking is that of the online CD's. I can put my money into a CD all online without having to go into the bank. That is a nice feature because with my old bank back in Alabama, I would have to go physically go in the bank and say I wanted to transfer money into a CD. Then I would have to wait, meet with someone, confirm what I wanted to do, sign some papers, then drive home. The entire process would take maybe 2 hours. Now, I can literally go on my phone on their app, spend maybe 30 seconds and have my money in a short term CD.

There are no fees associated with CD's, but the reason I gave 3 stars is due to the fees associated with obtaining personal checks. Back in Alabama everyone writes personal checks, but I guess in NY it isn't as common.

Banking with Barclays

The point of me banking with an online only bank is to limit my access to the funds and to reduce the liquidity of my funds. Barclays is a UK based bank and they have certain banking solutions they offer to people in the US. Three of which are online savings, CD, and investment accounts. I have all three services. I chose Barclays because they have higher interest rates for their CDs and Savings Accounts. The interest is paid monthly. I get paid from my employer every other week and I transfer about 20 percent of my pay into my Barclays' Saving account. It take about three business days for the funds to show up in the Barclays' Savings Account. My CD is in a year term with a higher interest rate than most US based banks and every year it comes due, I take half of what is in my savings add it up to the CD and roll it over for another 12 month term. I have only called Barclay's one time since I opened my accounts in 2012 and that was because I locked myself out of my account. They asked a series of questions and the customer service was quite excellent. which I am thankful for, because at that moment I was assured my accounts are in good hands.

Best Mobile/Web Interface for a Bank

From a bank perspective, Barclays is a good, solid bank. There is nothing flashy about the products offered, but the fees and associated costs are standard across the board and fair in comparison to the other competitors/big banks. However, the real benefit is their web interface and apps which make the experience that much better. I have both my checking and savings with Barclays and always enjoy checking in because I find their web-based products easy and, actually, fun to use. This really goes a long way to making for an enjoyable experience, particularly, as a young person who is sometimes a little hesitant to face my finances head-on.

Convenient Savings Account with Great Customer Service and Nice APY

I have had a savings account with Barclays for over three years. Withdrawing money is both fast and easy and the APY is much higher than my primary bank. I have only had to call customer service once when I locked myself out of the account but the wait time was really short and the associate was very polite and helpful. I would highly recommend this savings account.

Barclays online banking

Barclay's offers a very good rate for their savings account. The sign up was very simple, and it linked very easily to my daily banking account (with Bank of America). Everything was automated, and I did not need to interact personally with human staff. The base interest is very clear; however, they offer a bonus interest for which the conditions are a bit opaque. I was a bit confused about the exact rate that the bonus offered as well as the savings or deposit conditions that would grant me the bonus.

Great Online Savings Account with SOLID Interest Rate

I've been very pleased with my experience using Barclay's. Obviously, they have many locations in the UK, but they've opened up online accounts to US citizens. I haven't been disappointed. I've gotten great customer service. I've called frequently to adjust the amounts of the monthly deposits that I've been able to set up using they online system, which is quite convenient. I once called to set up an additional account, which was a smooth and seamless process. I waited on hold for maybe less than 2 minutes, and the process was very quick and easy. My deposits process quickly from my checking account, and there are great rewards for depositing consistently into your account. Again, I would highly recommend this online savings account to anyone, especially someone who is looking for a savings account with a good interest rate with easy access to their funds when they need it.

Easy Online Savings with Barclays

I applied for a Barclays Online Savings in December 2015, because I wanted an easy, accessible account that would require little maintenance on my behalf. After doing some research and finding out that Barclays savings offered 1.00% interest, better than most other banks were offering, and it seemed to be low maintenance in style, and I think at the time it had a low deposit minimum, maybe $100.00. Since then I've deposited $50 to $200.00 monthly, and I can make up to 6 withdrawals a month, and I've had no problems. I have honestly never had to contact customer service in any capacity with this bank, and this is a first for me. There are no hidden fees, and it think its near impossible to overdraft this type of account because they block you if you try to go over your withdrawal limit. Overall, my experience with Barclays Online Savings has been very positive and I see myself having this account for a very long time.

A great bank to do business with!!

I have a savings account with this bank and they rank pretty high compared to other banks I have dealt with. The customer service is very helpful. I had a problem with a deposit one time and I did not realize it at first. The deposit amount was not correct. As soon as I found out, I called and they handled it immediately. There was no waiting a couple of days it was done right then and there. You do not have long wait times either when you call the customer service line. I like the fact that there was no minimum amount for the opening deposit. That sets them aside from most banks. I will be with Barclays for a long time to come. I would also recommend them to all my friends and family.

Great Savings

We have several different accounts with Barclays and have used them for nearly eight years. We have been very pleased with our savings account. They have been upfront with us from the beginning and there are no hidden fees, minimum limits, or service charges on our account. It is very easy to deposit money into the account with their great automatic deposit plan. The interest rate has been consistent throughout the entire time we've had our savings account with them.We just sit back and watch it grow each month. We are very happy with the great customer service, and online banking services. We have easy access to our account, any time we want to do any kind of online banking, or actually talk to a representative, it is very convenient for us. I would highly recommend Barclays if you are in search of a great traditional savings plan.

Barclays dream account is great way to save for future and unforeseen circumstances!!

We love our Barclays dream account. We had been searching for somewhere to put some money away for potential emergencies, yet have a decent interest rate. It is easy to get at if we need to, yet has awesome benefits in the form of bonuses if left untouched. It was definitely better than what our local bank could offer in their savings account. Customer service is great and the online banking is super easy to use. We couldn't ask for better all around service. We looked all over for the best option and felt that this savings account offered by Barclays is the best around. Honestly, we couldn't find any thing better, and we looked for quite awhile before making our decision. We highly recommend it! If you are looking for a great way to save with great benefits and awesome customer service, look no further! We love our Barclays account!

Barclay's makes it easy to save

I opened a Barclay's savings account over a year ago. I actually opened a savings account called the Dream Account, because it has a great savings rate. The rate right now is at 1.05% APY. It's the highest I have ever seen with a bank. With this Dream Account, there additional ways to earn interest as well. To earn this bonus interest, you have to make monthly consecutive deposits for 6 months. They will give you a bonus interest of 2.5% on the interest earned during those 6 months. On top of that, you can earn an additional bonus if you do not make withdrawals for 6 consecutive months. They will give you another 2.5% bonus on the interest earned during those 6 months as well. So this system encourages you to save. It has helped me add to my savings, because I want to earn the bonuses. It's like getting free money. The only drawback with this account is that there is a maximum monthly deposit of $1000. I have never tried to deposit an amount over $1000, so I don't know what happens if you try to deposit over the max. But, to overcome that, Barclay's allows you to open 3 Dream Accounts. So you could put away $3000 a month by splitting it among the 3 accounts. The bank also has a regular savings account with no maximum deposit limit. The rate is a little lower, but still high compared to other banks. Right now it's at 1.00% APY. They also offer CD's as well. But I really like the Dream Account. It makes savings easy, and it encourages me to save. Because of the rates and additional bonuses, my savings account continues to grow, and that makes me a very happy customer.

Great Interest Rates for a Hands-Off Savings Account

Barclay's offers incredibly competitive savings account rates for their online accounts in the US, over 1% APY, which is much higher than any brick and mortar bank. So far I have had no problems, and have gained more interest in a year than I ever could at a traditional bank. If I did need to get in touch with someone over a complicated problem, I think it wouldn't be the smoothest experience, but overall I am happy since the account I have with Barclay's is very "hands off."

Barclays Review

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my experience with Barclay's Banking. I love the 1% APY on savings, it makes the account worth it. I have never had any problems with my account and have never needed to contact customer service. The online banking website is easy to use and very user friendly. I can easily view my account and see my funds. Deposits and withdraws are easy. Sometimes they aren't the fastest but I have never had instant transfers of funds at any bank. My only complaint is that the mobile portal isn't the best. I still haven't been able to figure out how to use it properly and just end up using the website for checking my accounts and dealing with funds instead. Overall, I would recommend Barclay's because of the 1% APY. If you can deal with slower transfers and a lacking mobile portal then it is logistically worth it to bank here.

Banking with Barclays

I have a checking account with Barclays for past 5 years and have been very pleased with the service. The terms and conditions were made simple and easy to understand while opening the account. Barclays was also kind enough to waive a late charge as a courtesy adjustment when I was late for a payment. Their customer care is also well attended and person calling has to spend less time on automated voice and can speak with a real person soon. Barclays also offered customized products based on my balance which aligned with my needs and gave good returns.

Reliable customer service

I really enjoy banking with Barclays because the customer representatives there give us the best experience compared to other banking institutions. I have a savings account with them and there was a couple times where I had some issues accessing my account online. The people working there were able to help me resolve this in a matter of minutes. For example one time I was locked out of my account and I called Barclays for assistance. They were able to tell me quickly that there were multiple attempts of incorrect password use online so they temporarily disabled my account. The interest rates there also seem to be more competing to bigger banks like wellsfargo and Bank of America.

Experience with Barclay US

I used to have an online savings account with Barclays a few years ago. The whole process of obtaining the account was very easy because it was done electronically. I wanted an online savings account with a higher interest rate because the local branches like Chase and Bank of America all have very low interest rates on savings accounts. I already had a Barclays credit card so I decided to open up a savings account with them. The process was very easy and the rates were much higher. I also considered Discover Bank but wanted to stay within the Barclays family of products. The website is very easy to use and it was easy for me to transfer money from/to other external accounts if I wanted to withdrawal money. I eventually closed the account because I was not using it and held very little balance. I moved all of my savings to a CD with a higher rate at a different bank.

Barclays Dream Account Benefits

Posted by: sofiakirk | May 19, 2017

My girlfriend and I opened a Barclays Dream Account in our mid-20's because the interest rates were fantastic. We had no prior experience with Barclays, and we shopped around extensively before determining that the Dream Account was the best way to grow our savings with absolutely no risk of losing our initial investment. Barclays customer service was fantastic, and our account was ready to go in minutes. Their online platform is incredibly easy to use, and we were able to totally automate our savings in no time using their convenient online transfer options. Thanks to Barclays, we were able to grow our savings substantially over the next couple of years, and we began saving and investing more aggressively. I would highly recommend the Barclays Dream Account to anyone who wants to safely and securely grow their wealth.

Great for an online account

I have an online savings account with Barclays. I've been with them for about 4 years and I can confidently say "so far so great." I originally opened the account because they were running a promotional APR interest rate. And even though the rate has gone down in recent years, I have stayed with them. Their login is simple, and you can customize it with pictures so you know you're in the right account. I customized my login with travel pictures to remind myself what I'm saving for. Customer service is exactly as you expect it. I have only had to contact them once In my 4 years, but they responded back promptly and answered the question. I think they are a great option for a savings account. You can link to any other bank, and have you money within 3 business days. I am very happy with them and plan to be with them for the forseeable future.

Barclays Bank - Good Option

I was a little hesitant to venture into the world of online banks, but with some of the recent issues in the news related to physical banks, I started to ease my apprehension. Since signing on with Barclays, I have been very pleased with the customer service and online options/app. It's user friendly and if I do have any issues, their customer service is high quality and features representatives who know what they are doing and can answer questions quickly. That's huge in this disconnected world full of automated machines looking to save money. The fees are sometimes a little burdensome, but nothing too bad compared to a brick and mortar bank. Overall, I have been pleased with this foray into online banking and think Barclays has hit it out of the park with their ventures. If you are tired of the old brick and mortar, I would absolutely give them a try.

Barclays is a good deal

I currently have an online savings account with Barclays bank. They have the lowest insufficient funds fee that I can find, and also %1 APY on savings. The best option I could find!

Online Banking

I recently started looking into online banking opportunities. I read a lot of reviews and liked the idea of the convenience online banking is. I had several credit cards and some offered personal checking,savings,CDs,iras as well as other offers. I decided to try out personal checking. I moved my personal checking account and savings account to Barclays Bank. They offered very competitive rates and fees and a lot of other services. Now that I've been using it for months now I couldn't be happier. The convenience is great and customer service has been outstanding. I ordered all my checks online and had some questions about some offers and the customer service department hooked me up with an expert who gave me very professional and outstanding advice. I am going to be looking into college accounts for my grandchildren. I highly recommend Barclays Bank to anyone in need.

Savings account for child

I opened an online savings account at Barclay's for my child, because it was a very easy to do. They also had the best rates offered at the time I was doing was research. I opened a dream account. It's a savings account that provides an extra bonus of interest for every 6 consecutive months when I place a monthly deposit, and then there is an additional bonus of interest for every 6 consecutive months if I do not take out a withdrawal. It's very easy to take advantage of those bonuses. I have an auto transfer occur every month from my bank account into his account, and I never plan to withdraw his money. It's a perfect account to have for a child. Since it was so easy, I also opened an additional savings account for me as well. The only issue with having this online account is not having instant access to your money. They don't provide debit cards. So I would have to initiate a transfer from Barclay's into my other non online bank, and I believe it could be a few days for the transfer to go through. However, it's not a big deal. It is a savings account, so only money I don't plan to use would go into it. Their rates beats any non online bank.

Barclays Reasonable Overall, Low Fees and Friendly User Interface

Posted by: marianyu | Mar 16, 2017

I began banking with Barclays as my primary savings account provider in 2014. I have been satisfied ever since. External accounts are fairly easy to add and set up. I have set up recurring ACH transfers from my external checking account to my Barclays savings accounts and they always transfer by the next business day, which is much better than the 5-7 business day estimate for most banks. There are no fees that I am aware of and I have never been charged a fee. The interest rate on the online savings accounts varies by account from 1-1.05%, which, in this economic environment, beats out many competitors. I have earned interest that I would not have otherwise if I had banked with competitors. I have been satisfied with the little communication required to set up the account and I have had no adverse issues dealing with routine maintenance of the accounts.

Great rates! Poor customer service.

Barclays are definitely competitive in their rates which is very useful, the website is easy to navigate and easy to understand which is definitely a plus as some banking sites can have so many sublinks and tabs that can get confusing or trying to find the log on page but not with Barclays. The transactions are quick and instant which is very welcomed and nice to have. My only big concern is their customer service sometimes it's very hard to get a reply in a timely fashion which is weird as they are a historic banking company you would think they would be on the ball in that regard but I've called and emailed a couple of times for somewhat trivial and legitimate matters and they have taken extremely long to get back to me. All in all I'm satisfied with Barclays as everything has pretty smooth in which I'm glad I don't have to go to their customer service page often. I would recommend them as their rates are very good and competitive and their website is a breeze to use.

Banking with Barclays

I opened a savings account with Barclays because their interest rate was a little better than the rate my traditional bank offered and their monthly service fees are lower than my traditional banks. Their customer service was very prompt when answering questions and it was very easy to start an account with them. The main down side I have to banking with Barclays is that they do not have traditional branches. If I have cash or a check I want to deposit there is no conveniently located branch or ATM that I can go to. I have to send it in. This inconvenience made me much less likely to send in cash and limited the total amount I had in my savings. Barclays is perfectly suited to handle online transfers of funds but tangible cash and checks take too long to be a viable option for me.

Not for the Little Guy

I was highly disappointed with this bank. The fees were higher than I'd seen with other institutions, for one thing. My main problem with Barclays was that they wouldn't cash even small checks if I didn't have enough money in my checking account to cover them if they bounced. Other banks I'd dealt with typically allowed me to do so on smaller amounts, like under $500. Barclays wouldn't even allow that for checks of $30. Seems to me this bank is more suited to wealthier people. In addition, I typically had to wait in line for long periods of time. Often the waits seemed long because people in front of me had problems with fees they'd been charged and didn't expect or think they deserved. At other times, tellers took a lot of time trying to sell customers on other bank services.

Savings: They Hold Your Money For More Than 10 Days!

I have been a customer for years, and I have never had this issue with them before.

I have a savings account on which I make regular deposit. I recently made a deposit of 15k. After 5 days of my funds to be on hold (funds taken from my checking bank account from another bank right away), I contacted customer services. No reply. The next day I contacted them again, no reply. I eventually sent 8 emails and finally got a generic reply: Funds are held minimum 5 days and more than 10 days if we need to verify the funds. However my account was plenty verified! And yet, my funds are still on hold.

I will cancel this account for 100% lack of support and more importantly I can't trust that I will be able to retrieve my funds, even after 8 emails.

Banking with Barclays

For the most part, I haven't had any problems with my Barclays savings account. It was pretty easy to set up and link my other checking accounts to it. It pays a higher interest rate than a savings account at my brick and mortar bank. If I had to complain about anything, it is that they don't have a mobile app (or at least they didn't at the time I opened the account). That would make things so much more convenient!

Great Customer Service

This past year, my debit card expired and I was overseas. Although I was away, I depended on my bank account for financial needs and especially my visa debit card was an irreplaceable part of it since I would use it on ATMs for money withdrawal. So when the card was expired, I went on Barclays Bank website and contacted customer service through chat. The chat agent was very friendly and immediately asked me how I wanted to be helped. I told her I was overseas and my card was expiring that month. She said that wasn't a problem, she just needed my current address so that she can place an order for me for a new card. I gave her all the details and she confirmed she'd placed an order for a new card and she told it wouldn't take more than a week for it to arrive. That sounded too good to be true but it ended up being actually true. In 5 days from the time I chatted with the bank's agent, my card had arrived. So I really can't recommend Barclays enough in terms of customer service.

My first savings account: Barclays Online Banking

Posted by: reednunez | Jan 17, 2017

I found Barclays in an online article, listed as offering the savings account with the absolute best interest rate of any available in 2015. I quickly decided to open an account with them as I endeavored to build my savings. I'm a young college student, so this was my first time having a real savings account. I wanted to get as much as I could out of my relatively small income (I have a few part-time jobs) and I am pleased to say that the Barclays Online Savings Account's high interest rate absolutely empowered me to do so. As for the other aspects of the site, those were perfectly satisfactory as well. The interface is modern, visually appealing and intuitive, and it's relatively simple so that all possible actions--transferring money, account settings--are easy to find. I cannot speak to the quality of Barclays' customer service, never having needed to contact them, although I think that fact in itself speaks to the website's ease of use. All in all, I'm very pleased with Barclays and intend to continue banking with them for as long as their interest rate remains highly competitive.

Quality Bank for those looking online

Posted by: PJCt | Jan 16, 2017

Was never a huge fan of the brick and mortar bank and it was more a hassle than anything to have to go there. When I heard about the spread of online banks, I took a look around and decided with Barclays due to my past experience with their credit card being positive.

Overall, I'm happy with the experience. Their user face is a bit bland and no frills and their app could be better, but overall the service is excellent and fees are low, which is the most important thing. Additionally, another key factor is customer service and I have to say I am happy with Barclays. Definitely some improvements that can be made, but, aside from Discover, Barclays has been the most positive customer service I've had with a financial institution. I hope they keep improving, but the current quality is more than sufficient.

If you're looking for simple, low-fee banking, Barclays should definitely be an option.

Low Maintainance just like me.

Posted by: KimS | Jan 13, 2017

I am originally from the UK and had been banking with Barclays for many years. My company sent me on assignment to the US initially for just a couple months' that was over a year ago and I'm still here! It was becoming a hassle not having a local bank account, and so when it came time for me to sign up for one here in the US, I opted to go with a brand I know, Barclays. I was happy to find out that just like in the UK, Barclays offers really high savings rates (comparatively). I don't mind that it is only an online bank (I had gotten used to not going into a branch for assistance) because their customer service is still pretty helpful. I do expect that I will be sent on another assignment soon, and I think Barclays is working out great with the high level of interest and the low level of monthly fees, the fees are far lower than the domestic local banks I had considered. For my particular needs, Barclays works ideally.

Barclays - Feels like home

Posted by: Kimmerly | Jan 12, 2017

I am originally from the UK and had been banking with Barclays for many years. My company sent me on assignment to the US initially for just a couple months that was over a year ago and I'm still here! It was becoming a hassle not having a local bank account, and so when it came time for me to sign up for one here in the US, I opted to go with a brand I know, Barclays. I was happy to find out that just like in the UK, Barclays offers really high savings rates (comparatively). I don't mind that it is only an online bank (I had gotten used to not going into a branch for assistance) because their customer service is still pretty helpful. I do expect that I will be sent on another assignment soon, and I think Barclays is working out great with the high level of interest and the low level of monthly fees are far lower than the domestic local banks I had considered. For my particular needs, Barclays works ideally.

On-Line Banking Made Easy

Posted by: JCKyle | Jan 12, 2017

For many years, all we had were the standard "brick and mortar" type banks. With the profound impact of the internet, it is now easy to avoid long lines, inconvenient hours and mediocre customer service. My acquaintance with Barclays began when I participated in a qualifier tournament for the U.S. Open, several years ago. As part of the "swag" bag of gifts received was a brochure for Barclays. Due to my association with the PGA, and participation in the tournament, I was offered a gift card for joining. While the gift came in handy, the experience has been superb. I can use the mobile app for deposits, access their site for easy transfers from one account to another, and can use almost any ATM to make deposits or get cash. The site is secure, compatible with my own security software and customer service is always just a "chat" away, anytime of the day or night. For my banking needs, this was the best decision I ever made.

Barclays Savings

Posted by: Hoplite | Jan 2, 2017

I have been using a Barclays savings and dream account for the last 4 months. The Interest rate is higher than most certificate of deposit options available now. They have been easy to transfer money into and out of without any issues. There are several downsides as, in the U.S., we are only able to have savings accounts with Barclays so you will need more than one bank to utilize a checking account. Barclays also doesn't have an app for mobile devices so it is somewhat inconvenient if you primarily check your accounts from your phone.

Barclays Bank Dream Savings Account

Posted by: blbanker53 | Jan 1, 2017

Great online bank with one of the highest yields and no fees. This is the main reason for maintaining a Barclays Dream Account. However, the lack of a mobile app is disappointing. The online website isn't the greatest either. I have rarely needed to use customer service, but it doesn't seem as accessible as other major US banks. The monthly deposit limit is different. I am not aware of banks that do not want more money deposited. But, with my limited financial resources, this is often not an issue. If anything, it gives me a monthly target goal to reach, so I like it. Also, the bonus interest paid every six months for no withdrawals and always making a deposit each month is added incentive to use this account as a vehicle for stashing savings and never taking out any money. Overall, the great yield on the account makes this worth keeping long term to build up my emergency fund

Barclay's Online Dream Account great for kids

Posted by: Jacmori | Dec 30, 2016

I was looking online to open a bank account for my baby, and I found this one. It was easy to open a joint account online, and no minimum deposit was required. I decided to open the Dream Account because it rewards you if you make 6 months of consecutive deposits, and then there is an additional reward if you do not make any withdrawals for 6 consecutive months. So I just have my local bank transfer money into this account every month. Which is very simple, and it can all be done online. Another reason I decided to open an online account with them is that they have one of the highest savings rates in the industry. Since it was so simple to do, I decided to to open an additional savings for myself and transfer all my savings from local bank into this new online account, and I also opened a couple CD accounts, since the rates are higher than most. It was all very simple to do and only took a few minutes. Every time you make a transaction, you get notified by email so you always know whats going on. One thing that some people may not appreciate is that you won't have quick access to your money, if you need it for an emergency. There is no debit card and money has to be transferred to your local bank account which can take a couple days. But, that all can be avoided just by not putting your emergency funds into this online account.

As far as online banking goes, Barclays does some things right, needs work in other areas.

For the most part Barclay's is on par with my expectations and so long as everything goes smoothly I doubt you'll have a problem. However, when an issue does arise, I hope your experience will be better than mine. After noticing an erroneous amount showing as a deduction in our account with little recollection for withdrawing that amount, I called customer service to find out what it was. In the course of the conversation, I was told it was a bank fee, an error in the system, I must have taken it out, and "I don't know." The matter was eventually resolved, but not until several days and several long phone calls had passed. Up until that point, I was a completely satisfied customer, but their customer care team left little to be satisfied about at the time. We closed our account not too long down the road after the incident.

Worse Bank Ever

Tried to open a large CD. Online application was denied. No reason why Called customer service. They requested copy of my social security card, drivers license and a bank statement with my name on it. I sent all this in. After two weeks, I called and they told me they need a bank statement more recent than the sept 2016 statement I sent in. I told them they are ridiculous and I would take my business elsewhere.

Be Careful

Barclays online process is not upfront. The setup process does not have backup to allow customer to confirm new account setup worked properly. They say a test deposit will be made but instead the bank just takes money from the account before person has chance to review and confirm, etc. this process needs to have a couple of steps so a person understands the accounts setup worked properly and can ensure funds are in proper place. Beware because if they take your money they will not give it back for 5 days. Argument is they don't actually have money yet from bank but want to pay you interest faster. What about a method that I can be confident in and in control. A simple slip up on touchscreen could cost someone a ton of money. For example maybe you accidentally tapped I. An extra zero and transfer 1000000 rather than 10000. You can't get a correction for 5 Days. Yikes! They need to be especially careful with first time customers so all goes smoothly. Customer service people are pleasant but I hate the Nothing we can do excuse because there is always something a business can do. They just choose NOT to do it.

Website And System Needs Improvements

Posted by: Saver1 | Sep 29, 2016

Barclays saving is a good online bank. Their website needs improvements though. Emails to customers about transfers/deposits being posted and completed are being sent out days before it actually happens. Customer service confirmed this is happening. When a new customer links an external account, it takes a couple days for the test deposits to show up which is normal. However, an email is immediately sent out about test deposits already sent and to go ahead and verify it. Also, when a deposit into Barclays is made, an email is being sent out saying that it has been posted and completed. I called and it will take 8 more days for this to complete. Why are emails being sent out beforehand with the incorrect info?
This is resulting in confusion and misplaced trust in their system. Even more unnecessary calls to customer service will go out, increasing costs and more wasted time.
Website quality assurance should be a priority. There is no mobile app which is a real bummer because it would be easier to use than the mobile website, which is not very user friendly.

I like that they have no hidden fees and their dream account is nice to have. Hoping for their website, email improvements.

Barclays Review

Posted by: Khyati | Sep 28, 2016

I opened Barclays savings account about 7 months ago. The online sign up process took less than 15 minutes. I loved how it let me choose the name for what purpose this savings will be e.g. House, Student loans etc. It was easy enough to link this account to my salary account for automatic monthly deposits concurrent to my salary days. Also, currently Barclays has the highest interest rate of 1.05% APY. If you are doing deposits every month for 6 months and don't withdraw your money in those 6 months, Barclays gives you extra interest on the interest you accrued on all the interest. The only draw back is, this account only lets you put maximum $1000 per month. But overall I love the features, how easy to operate this account and of course the highest interest rates. I haven't used their app though so cant say much about it.

Great rates for secure CDs

I had been saving a great amount of money from my paychecks in order to put a down payment for a condo that I wanted. I started noticing however that no matter how much money I had in my savings account it would just sit there barely earning any interest which did not seem fare to me especially knowing how the banks use the money available. I started shopping for Certificate of Deposit accounts around my city but none of them seem to be a good fit either because of the lower rates or because I just did not trust bank performance. A friend of mine told me he had done business with Barclays and that it was a great bank. I decided to check it out and yes just like my friend said great rates. It was a little difficult getting thru the application process as I had to give and send a lot of information. However this made me trust them in how secure things were at the bank. After about 3 years it was time for my CD to finish the term and I was immediately contacted by one of their bankers showing me the options that I had to either retrieve my money or to continue with a different account. It was great to have someone call me as this made my experience very personal and it showed that they cared about my money and how much it could grow. Needless to say I would be happy to do business with Barclays again.

No Complaints at All

I've had a high yield savings account with Barclays for a number of years and have had no problems whatsoever. Their online banking platform is easy and intuitive. I can move money in and out of the account with no problems. They are available 24/7 if I ever have any issues or questions. Issue free banking - what else could I ask for?

A great international bank

I am originally from the UK. All my life, growing up in England, I was familiar with Barclays. It is one of the most popular banks in England, and very well respected. It was where I opened my very first bank account at the age of 14. Thus, when I moved to the USA, I was happy to find that Barclays was in service here as well. I felt somehow that they were more trusted. Barclays is a name that I can trust. It is nice having a seamless service in various countries where Barclays operate, and to be able to use the ATM in other countries. As someone who travels often, this was a key selling point to me. I also feel that their fees seem to be bit lower than many of the popular US banks. My savings account has no monthly fee, which is great – why Should I need to Pay a bank money so that I can save my own money??!

Great Return on Savings Account!

Posted by: FrizzleD | Aug 29, 2016

I've been with Barclays for a short period of time now with an online savings account, and my experience has been great so far. First, the APY on the account is 1%, which is higher than anything else I found when considering a new account. The process of opening an account was very simple, and Barclays' communication with me via email was excellent. There are no fees on the account, and I was able to open the account with a small beginning balance. Since opening the account, I've spoken on the phone with one of their customer service reps about some questions I had, and the level of professionalism was good. They made things easy to understand and answered my questions. Using my account online has been simple and I can't say enough good things about Barclays. I'm so happy I made the decision to open an account with them rather than one of my local banks.

Barclays Online Savings

Posted by: drh44017 | Aug 5, 2016

Barclays Online Savings is a great fee-free online savings account. All you have to do is link your checking account to them, and you can transfer money into your savings account. They have decent interest rates, too.

Great Company

Posted by: ArdenSven | Aug 5, 2016

There's really no beating this bank when it comes to online banking. I've had a few different online savings accounts, but I've decided to switch almost all of it to Barclays. I've only had good experiences with their customer service when trying to set up accounts and using their online site. Their 1% APY is also one of the highest I've seen around and not needing a minimum balance to open made it very easy to open. You really can't beat the convenience of online banking and the perks it comes with!

Solid Savings Account

Posted by: Jjay | Jul 21, 2016

The Barclays saving account is pretty solid in most aspects. The interest rate is higher than most other saving accounts that I've found. That is definitely the most important factor for me along with the fact that are no nonsense monthly or annual "maintenance" fees. There is also no need for maintaining a minimum balance like some other savings accounts. You can also earn bonuses/rewards every six months for regularly depositing money and not withdrawing any from the savings account. I haven't had to call customer service many times, fortunately, but every time that I did call they were polite and helpful. If you're looking for a solid, no frills savings accounts that have no maintenance fees, then Barclas would be a very good choice.

Barclays 1% Savings Account

Posted by: MattChao | Jul 11, 2016

Online banking with Barclays is very easy. They have great options. Their savings account has a 1% saving rate with 6 withdrawals per period. For the average person, that is usually more than enough, and for me, this suffices to be a great place to store money compared to a traditional checking or banking account.

For online transactions, linking your accounts such as direct deposit or credit cards to it is as easy (if not easier) as it is at a traditional bank. Dealing with customer service, they are usually quick to respond and transparent. Fees are reasonable. Only disadvantage is awareness of other products. Not sure what else Barclays has to offer besides this and they never seem to advertise it to me. Of course, that can be a pro or con depending on what you want from your bank.

Excellent Product Portfolio, Great Customer Service

Barclay's has done a great job of rounding out their portfolio, delivering a great customer experience, and providing stellar customer service. Recently while tending to one of my savings accounts through them, there were some issues where deposits were being repeated on their own into the savings accounts. While I tried to nullify the transactions myself, ultimately I couldn't and had to contact their customer service team. While on the phone, I was put through to a person quickly who managed my expectations appropriately. Not only did they quickly find out what the issue was, they resolved it on the spot and sent a follow-up making sure I was happy with the end result. They were sincere in nature and left me feeling happy knowing that my business is appreciated. I would recommend their services to anyone.

Best Bank for your Money!

Posted by: MeganLC | Jun 28, 2016

I use Barclays for my online savings because it's Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is one of the most competitive in the market and it's easy to use and there are no fees associated with my accounts. The most important thing to me when I'm not using money is that it's working for me. Barclay's regular savings comes in at 1.00% APY, which is in line with other online banks but their Dream Account savings is 1.05% APY! The Dream Account is limited to a deposit of $1000/monthly but you can get extra money every 6 months if you consistently deposit funds and another bonus if you do not withdrawal funds--and it's not mutually exclusive! So as long as you continue to save money, you can get some extra money. The Dream Account is amazing because for me it encourages and motivates me to continue to save money because the bonus amounts make you feel good and help your account grow. If you want to deposit more than $1000/month into savings you can just deposit it into your regular Barclay's savings account. My local bank offered savings rates of .2% APY so it was a no brainer to switch to online banking. It doesn't bother me that I cannot withdrawal the money immediately from an ATM because my goal is to be saving money! But if I need to transfer funds, I can easily and quickly do it from my account. Their customer service is also very helpful. So if you want to save money and your savings make money without having to do anything extra, you should definitely bank with an online bank. If you want to make the most out of your money then do it with Barclay's!

High Interest Online Savings Review

Posted by: MichaelM | Jun 26, 2016

This review is in regards to Barclays online high interest savings account. At the time I decided to open my account with Barclays, I was looking for small ways to let my money work for me. Not in terms of getting rich, but just making good decisions each day with money which would become habit and add up over the course of my lifetime. In addition to shopping around on bills and paying closer attention to my purchases, I became acutely aware of where I was parking some of my excess funds. It was during this time period where I realized that a checking account was not the greatest decision for these funds. At the time, the amount of cash up for debate was not significant enough to purchase stocks or mutual funds; moreover, longer term investments, such as CD's, were unattractive because of the withdrawal stipulations that came with the higher interest. While doing my research, I came across Barclays online savings account which offered a higher yield than most 1 year CDs these days and no withdrawal penalties. This moved seemed like an obvious choice and has been very good to me ever since. Opening the account was easy, and their customer service is wonderful. I'd certainly recommend them to anyone in a similar situation such as myself.

Barclays Online Review

Posted by: MrMcDuck | Jun 21, 2016

I signed up for a Barclays online "Dream Account" about a year ago. At the time I was searching for an internet bank and Barclays caught my attention due to their high interest rate. It was actually the highest (1%) that I found at that time. I love the ease of use, I take advantage of both, their website, and the mobile phone app. I prefer to utilize the app, since I do most of my online surfing via my phone. The set up is extremely user-friendly. The only knock is that I am unable to be issued an ATM card. This can be good, or bad depending how you look at it. When I signed up this appealed to me--it would help prevent me from making any dumb purchases. By the time I transfer the funds from my Barclays account to my external account, I've come to my senses and have avoided making many dumb purchases. I am extremely satisfied with my Barclays experience thus far.

Wonderful Savings Company!

I have recently been looking for a company where I can open a savings account but not have to worry about keeping a certain amount in there to avoid fees. I am trying to save money, but supporting two people on one income makes it hard, even harder if there are fees. I recently opened a joint savings account online through Barclays. I was very worried at first, because it just seemed way to easy. No fees, all online set-up, just plug in my bank information? How can it be that simple? There was definitely nothing to be worried about and it was so easy! I simply put in all of mine and my fiance's information and hit submit. I then received an email with confirmation and that was that! I was able to connect it to my personal checking account through another bank. From the website I can simply set up transfers to my savings account from my checking account or to my checking from my savings. I am so glad that I chose Barclays and definitely look forward to keeping a savings with them for a long time!

Barclay Savings Review

My experience with Barclay Bank is with the savings account. When I set up my account, it was easy to get started and they gave me all the information that I needed to know. It was my first time opening an account online, and they were quick to process everything and send me my account information. It was easy for me to add part of my direct deposit paycheck to enter my savings account each week and the interest rate was competitive. Because of banking with Barclays, I was able to achieve my savings goal for this year. I have only had to call them one time with a question. It was a quick call, and the customer service agent was friendly. Also, they're online banking is easy to use and they have a mobile app so I see my account on the go.

UK Connection

I am a business woman and I spend my time split between working in the US and working in London. For many years, I used another bank as my main provider. However, I had to use one back here in the US, and another bank in the UK. This was frustration because of the fees, the inconvenience, and the lack of access and communication between the two banks. It got to a point where it was very frustrating and inefficient. A colleague of mine recommended I switch to Barclays, which is widely respected in the UK. I am very happy I listened to him. So far this has allowed me to have a lot more seamless business transactions both here as well as when I travel. Barclays also has relationships with other financial institutions in other countries, which is something I needed to have. All in all, I am pleased. I would recommend Barclays as your home bank.

Excellent Savings

Posted by: BlakeRC | Jun 2, 2016

I have a Barclays Dream Savings account and have had nothing but great experiences so far. It is very rare to find a savings account with such fantastic return rates, but Barclays far outweighs the competition. Their site is simple to use (with no frills), and I have never had any problems making deposits or withdraws. Because of the ease of use I have never even had to contact their customer service for assistance.

Barclays banking pros and cons

Posted by: czar3090 | Jun 2, 2016

My experience with Barclays banking was mostly a fine experience. I have to say some of the pros of their banking system is the speed of the transactions from the online banking area. I mean the money transfers are instant and quick. I enjoyed their customer service as well they always helped me fast when I had any questions and always was quick to answer the phone when I called. They have pretty good rates when it comes to the services they have and the fees are pretty low compared to a lot of other banks. The savings accounts are set up real well with no annual fees so that is a bonus. I have not really looked into the CD's program I only have a savings account with them but I would say so far they have been very good.

Solid Institution

After having been burned and put through the wringer with several other banks I decided to go with a large, historic and established name. I have to say I haven't been disappointed with my choice. Barclay's does everything well in my book. Its a solid institution, offers a variety of products and offers surprisingly good terms. In just the small amount of money I have moved over into my accounts I have seen a steady rate of growth through the different investment options. I am not out to make a killing tomorrow, I am a patient investor and I feel like this bank understands that. Any issues or questions I have had have been dealt with in a quick and efficient manner. I am a satisfied customer and am always willing to sing Barclay's praises. In today's world how many of us can say that about banks?

Barclays, Pretty Good Banking For What Its Worth!

Posted by: DBA | May 16, 2016

Back when I had an account with Barclays, I always found it rewarding to use their online banking system, as it was so simple to use, in comparison to most banking websites. I carried an account with them for about 4 years, and one thing I always noticed and appreciated, was how Customer Friendly their Customer Service Team always was with me. For example, one time, I noticed an issue with my accounts, as there seemed to be activity I didn't recognize, as in purchases unauthorized and known to me. So, I called them up, was on hold no less then 2-3 minutes, got to a representative, told them my situation, and the next thing I knew, they had stopped my account, reversed the charges, and authorized sending me a new card and corrected any fees I had accrued during that time. The representative handled themselves in an extremely professional manner, and the whole call/situation was resolved within fifteen minutes! I had a sound peace of mind, and my bank account back to normal!!!

An International Bank To Plan For The Future

Posted by: BrianW | Apr 20, 2016

I live out in the middle of nowhere so I had to choose a bank to start saving money. I chose Barclays for this reason. I have never had a problem with their website and they offer a great savings account as well as great rates for their online C.D.s I also chose them for being a well known international bank that is reputable. I chose their "Dream Account" which allows me to deposit up to 1,000 dollars a month. This account allows for bonuses up to 5% every 6 months in interest earned as long as I continue to make deposits and don't withdraw. Don't worry if they don't have a physical location near you. Everything you want to do can be done online.

Complete Online Bank

Posted by: george2 | Mar 29, 2016

It's a completely online bank. I have never had any problems with them. They do have a Barclays building in Wilmington, DA that houses customer service, cc folks, and a few others. They really downsized a couple of years ago, so the group might be really small. You couldn't walk into the building and withdrawal money.

The only issue I didn't like is they can change the interest rate without advanced notice. The change from 1% to .9% was abrupt. Not enough to make me switch, but would have liked to have known within a reasonable amount of time. They also have a bit of a lag for incoming transfers. I believe it's 5 business days after transfer before you can use the money. This is a bit long as other banks require a day or two.

I would recommend it as long as you are simply parking money there and wiring it out once in awhile. I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to access the money multiple times a week as there are better accounts for such things.

Good In A Pinch, But A Little Costly.

Posted by: YoshT | Mar 29, 2016

I took up an account while I spent a sizable amount of time in London. The bank decor was sleek, simple, and very modern, and I should have known I would pay some fees. My account had an annual fee that I paid at the start of the year, and my debit card also had some fees to maintain, and there were international fees when I needed to exchange currency or use a debit card in another country. Aside from that, they were very accessible and the service was almost worth the cost! And their branch availability was very good while I spent time in London. Once I had a Barclay's ATM not recognize my card, but I think this was a fluke, because there was no issue with my card or other ATMs. Overall, a good line of services, but you will pay for the privilege, to a degree.

Savings With Barclays

Posted by: Jim2016 | Mar 24, 2016

I have been using Barclay's Bank for a while now, particularly for savings. The customer service could be improved a bit as I do not like interacting with an automated system every time I call to ask questions. However, once I do get to talk to Barclay employees, they are knowledgeable and helpful. In addition, the website is not the most user friendly and could be more intuitive, especially after logging in to review one's account. The best aspects of this institution are the fees, or better yet, lack thereof: there is no minimum balance to open an account and there are not monthly fees. This aspect is particularly appealing to me and is something other banks could learn from. The range of products seem to be above average as well: I have an account tailored to my individual needs (financial goals, savings per month, etc.). Overall, the experience has been pretty good so far.

Opening A Dream Account

Posted by: Leo2 | Mar 22, 2016

On February 25th, I decided to open a Dream Savings account with Barclays U.S. I opened the account that day and I entered in all of the information and just within three days, I was able to verify my current checking account at PNC with Barclays and start transferring money into the account. The savings account is better than anything I have ever seen before. I receive a 1.05 APR on the account alone with a 5 percent bonus every six months I consistently deposit money into it and refrain from taking any of the money out of the dream account. The only thing I wish I could change would be to be able to deposit more than just 1,000 dollars a month since I have a few thousand in my other savings right now and its only receiving .05 percent interest a year. Other than that, the bank has been great so far and the customer service has been great at answering all of my questions!

Excellent Service, Lackluster Website

Posted by: AmandaJoy | Mar 18, 2016

Barclays has excellent customer service. The representatives are friendly and knowledgeable and have always been able to help me resolve my issues, which are usually related to the website. I have a savings account with Barclays and my only qualm is their online technology. The app (for iOS) always seems to be undergoing upgrades and their website was most recently having issues with my apple computer and logging in, but as I said the staff has always been friendly and capable. Their return on investment is one of the best available for someone who is just starting out saving and investing with very easy to understand terms and no fees. I would highly recommend this bank and their money market and savings accounts to anyone out there.

Easy Account Setup

Posted by: vicdpp | Mar 17, 2016

We just opened three accounts with Barclays two weeks ago and setting up the accounts was really easy. No problems at all. I read that some people get nervous when their initial deposit is not clear by the next business day. As clearly explained in the account terms and conditions, Barclays will take 5 business days to process any deposit. So make sure to read the terms and conditions. Easy web interface and great rates for saving accounts. Really happy with the experience so far.

What A Great Place To Bank!

When I had an account with Barclay's before I moved, I was very happy with service. I had everything that I needed explained to me and the staff that I talked to over the phone was very patient. I will use this online banking again. I had been over-drafted due to some miscommunication and they cleared it up without a fuss! They listen and take care of their customers. I have used other companies but Barclay's is top notch. Never had any issue transferring money or having it deposited so I can't say enough great things. Thank You Barclays!

CD Rates Are Ok

Posted by: tehflip | Mar 10, 2016

I currently have a 12 month term CD with Barclays. The rate was better than my current investment account with Capital One bank. (formerly ING Direct) After shopping around about a month ago I opened the account. I used a site like this to start and compared a few other rates. Opening the account was relatively smooth. I was able to transfer the funds with my checking account with no fees. They also have a better rate than my current bank and I considered switching. I haven't had to contact the customer service center yet. I did setup the account online without any major issues. I would say I am tech savvy and those with moderate computer ability should be able to set one up easily enough. When the CD matures I will be able to have is transferred back to my account or reopen another one. I also had the option to have the CD disbursed monthly, which I did choose. That seemed like a nice option they had.

Barclays is a great bank

Posted by: LuxSmith | Feb 18, 2016

I opened my Barclays Savings account about 4 months ago. I was a bit nervous about using an online savings account. I have only used a savings account from a brick and mortar bank, but I took the leap and I am glad I did. I have not had any issues with the bank thus far. I have been using it to save for a bigger short term goal. The customer service people are helpful; they have answered many, MANY of my stupid questions. They have explained to me how to calculate interest and what the difference is between APY and interest rate. I have really enjoyed my time with Barclays thus far and I hope that they will continue to be a wonderful bank. They have exceeded my expectations so far and I am considering opening a CD with them.

One of the best banks ever!

Posted by: Lilly5592 | Feb 5, 2016

Barclays is hands down one of the best banks that I've done business with, ever! What stands out about them is the way that they encourage positive habits, which have helped me to reach some of my financial goals! I'm something of a savings account connoisseur because over the years, I have had many, from online only banks as well as their "bricks and mortar" competitors. From Barclays, I have the "dream account" and honestly, it could not have a better name. They offer incentives to help keep savers on track, for instance, I received a bonus on my interest for depositing money consecutively each month over a six month period. I also received another bonus for not withdrawing any money during that time, which gave me an extra incentive to keep my savings intact and to establish a healthy savings habit. Having these incentives helped me to be keep the account open and very well padded, both habits that will help me to continue to save in order to reach all of my financial goals!

Happy American

Posted by: Harrisp7 | Jan 25, 2016

I recently spent a year in the UK for schooling and wanting to use a locate bank. I found Barclays after many positive recommendations. I was very pleased to know that there were no minimum balances to join, as there were in other banks I was looking at. There online system made it easy for me to not only sign up for an account, but also allowed me to deposit money into my checking whenever and from where ever. Being an American, I went to visit home and was so happy to find out that I could use any ATM to with take out money I had deposited overseas. There were no hidden fees or maintenance fees on my account for the whole year. As a result when I moved back to America I decided to keep my account because I was so pleased with not only how easy the online system was to use, but also the customer service.

Great Bank Without a lot of Bells and Whistles

Posted by: ScottS | Jan 18, 2016

I signed up for a Barclays account after I was tired of the small interest rate I was getting from my traditional bank. The interest rate with Barclays was the highest that I could find in my research. The account was easy to set up, and security was never a concern of mine. The Barclays dashboard is super simple to use, but the interface does not offer a lot of "extras" like being able to mail a check to anyone in the U.S. like some of the other banks. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about Barclays and I will continue to be a customer for the foreseeable future!

Excellent Internet Banking Choice

Posted by: CDSCHM | Jan 18, 2016

For years we had been with our local bank. The thought of banking online scared me feeling like all our info was out there, but after we had one to many run-ins with our local bank and very poor customer service, we began to wonder if there was a better solution. So, we withdrew all our money and put it in a local credit union (Savings and Checking). Bad idea. They were worse than the local bank. They even turned us down for a credit card with $20,000 of our money in their accounts. Anyways, we began researching online banks and finally decided on Barclays because it was a well known name. They did not disappoint. They have awesome online customer service. When we have called, we haven't had to sit on hold forever. They were very responsive. Their website is safe and secure and very easy to use. I am so glad we are with them for our checking account. I highly recommend Barclays.

I Recommend Barclays Bank

Posted by: Peyton | Dec 29, 2015

Barclays is one of the best banks I've ever used.I trade stocks online so most of my money is ACH transfers through online banking. Barclays really make banking online easy and simple for there customers and the customer service is very helpful when I run into problems.I would like to say that i used other banks for my online business, but nothing really compare to Barclays and the way they run their banking business. Their fees are reasonable, and I love how they work with you to lower your fees. I've been with this bank for 5 years, and I have not ran into any major problems with Barclays. I love and highly recommend them.

Great Experience

Posted by: SamK | Dec 29, 2015

I opened my savings account, set up a direct deposit with my employer, and from there on it was simple. There are no minimum balances or monthly maintenance fees with Barclay's 1% APY. They do not have ATM access and I do all transactions by ACH and have never had any problems. I really appreciate the "savings assistant" feature. It allows you to set goals and monitor your progress on the fly.

Happy Customer

Posted by: ReeseAzza | Dec 28, 2015

I have been a customer a Barclays for a few years now and I am very satisfied with the service I have received. I have a savings account at the bank that gives me great rates and perks. I have had problems with a previous bank in regards to my account, they would overcharge me regularly and have fees that would often be hard to spot. When I switched my online savings account to Barclays, I got much more transparent service that gave me far more incentives than before. I bank requires no minimum balances as well, which made it easier to open an account. I was hesitant at first so I waited until I transferred more of my money in, but once the bank gained my trust, I was willing to put a majority of my savings in the bank. The CD's are also very hassle free at this bank, there are no hidden fees and I have seen more growth in my accounts in comparison to previous banks. Overall I have had great customer service and transparency with this bank and it's services.

Amazing Customer Service!

Posted by: n8zerdude | Dec 26, 2015

When I first opened up my account at Barclays, I accidentally typed $200 instead of $20. Yeah,that decimal makes a HUGE difference. The other bank I was transferring from ended up charging me overdraft fees up to wazoo. I tried calling "other bank" and explaining my situation. They threw the book at me and told me it was in their terms not to refund any fees.

So I gave it a shot and called Barclays. I was able to speak to a person who spoke fluently in English in a clear voice (I think that's an important thin if your job is to talk to customers. They worked with me - as a customer. They didn't just throw a book at me and tell me so sad too bad. They offered a solution to my problem. Wow, imagine that: a bank that cares about you as a person and not as an account with money. They refunded me all the overdraft fees that "other bank" charged me within a few days.

They know their stuff!

I was recently doing some research for a new bank and was told about Barclays. I had heard of them but had never done any business with them. I travel a lot so I have different needs than most people when it comes to banking and needed to get a hold of them to make sure that I would be able to do certain things that weren't listed on what the account could and could not do. I called them and was able to talk to a very helpful young lady who got all of my questions answered for me. She knew all of these things off the top of her head and did not even have to put me on hold. Again these are not standard questions and I was pretty shocked that it went that smoothly. I went ahead and checked with their chat support and they both said the same things. I was very impressed with how good their staff is.

Decent bank that does the trick

I opened a savings account with this bank in 2012 because I had just finished college and was looking for a place to start saving for retirement. I liked that there were minimal to no fees and the online account access page was very user friendly. A friend of mine had recommended me to this bank so I figured I would give it a shot. I did have one situation where I needed to contact customer service because my account had locked me out due to password protection. I found that the customer service line was quick and easy to use. Overall, I have been satisfied with this bank and would probably recommend this service to friends. I have have a few other savings accounts in the past, but this one seems the easiest to use. I will probably keep this account open for many years until I am ready to put the money into more long term and productive investments like Vanguard retirement savings plans.

Exceptional customer service

Posted by: Mutumbo | Dec 4, 2015

When I studied abroad in the U.K., I opened a bank account at Barclays so I could transfer money from my U.S. bank account. I had a savings and a checking account at Barclays. Having an account at Barclays allows the customers to access the standard features like online banking, check books, debit cards, etc.. What really set Barclays apart is their exceptional customer service. I once had trouble wiring money from my U.S. account to my Barclays checking account. The sum was stuck at the international clearing house. The U.S. bank was reluctant to deal with my issue and I became very frustrated as the sum was not negligible. Out of desperation, I approached Barclays to see what they can do about it. Even though they have little information, they were able to track down the sum of money and, thanks to their effort, the sum eventually went through and arrived in my Barclays checking account. Throughout the entire ordeal, the employees at Barclays were very professional and understanding. The customer service that I received was the best at any bank that I have done business with. I highly recommend Barclays if one has to deal with overseas transfer or other complicated matters on a regular basis.

Banking works

Posted by: nickelmama | Dec 1, 2015

I like this bank because I can do my online banking. I was very nervous at first but they make it easy to log in and get what I need done. Their rates are competitive. I find most places have the same rates after much research. I am hoping rates go up more on my savings so I can earn a higher rate. There are always fees involved but this bank keeps them to a minimum. I appreciate that!

Depositing a nightmare

I've been with Barclays bank for around 3 years now before cancelling my account forever with them. I"m also a member of American Express and Bank of America and have had experience with their customer service before so I can compare. My first ever horrible experience was when I called to complain about my monthly banking fees. I currently had a checking account and savings which my father helped me open and I have kept throughout the years. I had my identity stolen and most of my money was used in a low class gas station halfway across the country. Instead of calling to report the suspicious purchases, they called to tell me I had overdrafted. I myself had to check my account balance to find out why this had happened. The nightmare did not end there, not only did it happened and I wasn't alerted but when they made the attempt to reimburse while the investigation was made, it took them 4 business days to send me the money while rent was due literally the next day. Horrible experience, terminated my account right after.

Straightforward savings with a decent interest rate

I recently opened a savings account with Barclays after researching a number of online banks. My previous savings account had a rather abysmal APR, and I was looking for somewhere better to park my emergency fund. I chose Barclays based on its established reputation and competitive interest rate (1% for the basic online savings account as of this writing - among the best out there at present). Barclays also offers their "Dream Account", which offers a marginally higher APR (1.05%), as well as bonuses if you jump through hoops such as making a certain number of deposits per month; however, it restricts the amount you can deposit monthly. I wasn't interested in waiting to transfer all my money or doing tricks to get a better interest rate, so I went with the regular online savings account - no fees, 1% APR, very simple. Account verification and initial money transfer from my other savings account went smoothly. The website is cleanly designed and intuitive to use. I can't comment on customer service, as I have had no complaints and no need to contact them. I look forward to saving with Barclays as long as their interest rate remains competitive.

Posted by: VicMo | Oct 11, 2015

I have been with Barclays for a couple of years now after coming from U.S Bank. Barclays is a top tier financial institution. I love using their savings assistant. The savings assistant helped me set a savings goal based on my current income. You don't need to open an savings account with Barclays money in it and there are not any monthly maintenance fees. I travel internationally sometimes and Barclays is good for that. If you see any machine with a Visa sign you can put your card in the ATM and it will automatically show English instructions while I am abroad. When I banked with U.S bank and traveled abroad, I always ran into problems with them not accepting any foreign transactions even after I had notified them that I would be making an international trip. Having Barclays is so much easier and has saved me a lot of time and headaches.

Can't be any happier

Posted by: Liz15 | Sep 28, 2015

I needed a hassle free savings account that I didn't need to pay ridiculous fees to keep. I reviewed several banks and found that Barclay's bank seemed the easiest to deal with. Let me tell you, this is an understatement. I went on their website and opened an account as easily as they promised on the website. Within less than 10 minutes I had set up my new account. I contacted customer service just to be sure that I had done everything correctly and understood everything. The customer service agent I spoke with went above and beyond... she went over everything with me. I asked about their CD's and she was not only helpful but extremely pleasant to deal with. Within a few minutes of talking to her I was convinced I needed to set up a CD with Barclay's. I went ahead and set up a CD as well. I like the features on the website too, they help you make goals for yourself and figure out ways to save money a little more efficiently. I am extremely happy with Barclay's and every time I have called them they treat me as though I'm their only customer.

Simple, competitive, and straight forward.

I was looking for an account to stash money away for an upcoming vacation. Accessibility was not my foremost concern -- the interest rate was. I searched google for an hour or so and found Barclays. Located in Delaware, opening an online savings account took all of 5 minutes. Once I confirmed my bank account, I was able to make transfers back and forth within 12 hours. The interest rate is head and shoulders better than any brick and mortar bank or credit union. My only concern is their hold policy. I have an automatic transfer set up with Barclays to debit my checking account at another bank for $15 each week. Barclays holds that deposit for 5 business days before its available. Like I said earlier, availability is not a concern for me, as the purpose for the account is still 8 months away, however the amount of money in the account + the fact that its an electronic transfer does leave me confused as to why they do prevent accessibility to the funds for so long. I can understand a day or two, but five seems a little lengthy. Especially when the amount of the transfer is less than 3% of the account balance. Outside of that one concern, this bank has been great and easy to deal with. I did lock myself out of online one day and called their customer service to get the password reset. Took all of 3 minutes, and that was on a Friday!

Above Average Savings Account

Posted by: RussWest0 | Aug 23, 2015

I opened a savings account with Barclays a year ago. What drew me in was the 1.00% apy and it was no minimum balance to open an account. I made several deposits and thanks to the interest rates, I have more money for my upcoming vacation. I couldn't get this kind of interest with my usual bank. The only flaw I could say is the customer service. I made a deposit recently which didn't post to my account right away as my previous deposits did. I called customer service and they couldn't locate the deposit. A few days later the deposit showed up. I called to follow up and my deposit was flagged for security reason. I was told it was a random occurrence with new accounts but it shouldn't happen in the future. Other than that, I've had a good experience.

nothing but good things to say

I have dealt with Barclays numerous times and their customer service exceeds my expectations every time. Unlike other companies I have dealt with Barclays seems to have their employees trained to deal with many different issues. I do not have to be transferred to someone else who can help me with my problem, the customer service representative that picks up the phone is the one who can resolve all of my problems. The customer service representatives are always polite, professional, and easy to speak with. The times I have had to call customer service there is never a long wait time or a lot of computer prompts to go through. Receiving help via phone is very easy. It is as simple as dialing the one eight hundred number, typing in your credit card number, then speaking with a representative. Another good thing I have to say about Barclays is their websites are easy to sign up on, easy to login, and easy to use. I have never had any problems with using Barclays online service, their website is very user friendly.

Great Experience

Opening a savings account online was a breeze and when I called customer service to make sure there were no hidden fees, the woman on the phone was very polite. I have transferred all my money to them and earning a nice interest rate. This was after an awful experience with Ally bank who aren't capable of doing a simple transaction.

Best interest rate I'm aware of

I had been banking with local and national banks for years and have been receiving the usual less than 1% interest rate. Then my brothers recommended Barclays and I immediate made it my only savings account. The challenge is that there is no easy way to quickly withdraw money. But they have recently added an app that will allow remote check deposits making depositing money easier. I would only suggest that they follow in CapitolOne360's footsteps by partnering with some national ATMs and allow a certain number of ATM fee-free transactions each month. This would make withdrawing money easier and more readily available.

The Barclay's interest rate is the highest that I am aware of and I have not had any challenges with the bank at all. However, I must be honest that the only thing I ever do is deposit money, withdraw by wiring money to a national bank's checking account, and change my name since recently marrying. So I have never encountered any true challenging situations with them. But, if you do not need fast cash and are looking to simply find a trustworthy bank to save your money at a higher than usual interest rate, this may be the bank for you!

Great Savings

I am a college student on a budget, and must control my finances. I read about Barclays online and read about their superb account security and investment output. I decided to create a savings account in Barclays, never to touch that money, unless it is truly an emergency. I realized that Barclays has a savings interest rate greater than any major bank. Interest is not that much greater, but over years it becomes a very significant amount of interest. It even has a setting where you can choose how much time that money cannot be touched. The longer choices to accept, the greater the investment. And since I'm not choosing to use that money any time soon, this is really a wonderful service to me, helping me improve my finances. So, thank you Barclays for your efficient service and I shall continue being one of your clients. I shall also spread word of this service for my friends with similar financial struggles.

Barcalys Savings Account

Posted by: cjgilstrap | Aug 4, 2015

I first opened a checking account with Barclays in order to have a higher return than I had with my other bank. I had an account with Mutual of Omaha and only had 0.75% return. The Barclays account offered a 1% return rate, which was the best I could find without any fees attached. Since it was the only account that I had with them, it became a little annoying to have to go to multiple websites. I also like to move funds around between accounts and that could not happen. I have a checking account with USAA, which could not be matched by Barclays. I only had my account for about a year and then closed it in favor of USAA. The website was easy to navigate and customer service was helpful in setting up and closing my account. In the end, it was a personal choice to not use Barclays anymore, nothing bad about the company.

Stellar Customer Service, OK product

Posted by: vagam | Jul 31, 2015

In my time with Barclays, I was fortunate enough to have had fantastic customer service. A mate once deposited funds into an incorrect account, but customer service was able to fix the issue far faster than I expected. I was never overly pleased with many things: the fees on the account, the lack of options, the expense of international transfers, the difficulty of direct deposit, the lack of locations near me. Would it be too much to ask to have easier integration with the major services of the day, like Bitcoin, Paypal, Amazon Payments, Western Union, and others? Surely one of the world's largest banks can do better! I also had a good deal of issues using my Android phone when I was with them: timeouts, random gibberish, etc. I wonder how much of that was my phone and what was the website, though.

In spite of my complaining, Barclays' customer service was always stellar.

Decent Starter CD

Posted by: TBANKS99 | Jul 15, 2015

When my son was born, we wanted to save the money he received from relatives for birthdays, holidays, celebrations, etc. We decided the best way to do this was through a CD. We didn't know much about them, so we asked Barclays about their options. The customer service department was very helpful in relaying the options and what each type of CD (and other offers) entailed now and in the future. We got the basic CD as a starting point, because the terms and interest rate were suitable to our current needs and we were told that we could roll it back over when it is up or change to something new that suited any new needs that we had obtained over the years. We have been happy with our choice. We would like the interest to compound more quickly, but that is the nature of banks. Overall, we are happy with Barclays and this product.

Barclays - A Simple Solution

Posted by: clh1987 | Jul 4, 2015

I joined as a member of Barclays after becoming frustrated with my previous bank and experiences there. I was recommended to join by a few friends and members of my family. The biggest selling point for me in the beginning was the fact that Barclays does not instate monthly maintenance or account fees upon you. Their banking truly is free.

They offer checking and savings accounts, both of which are easily accessible online, and allow you to transfer money between the two at will. The online layout is easy to navigate and makes using it a plus, which is very important in the age of digital banking. The customer service with this bank has been exemplary, they are especially understanding and kind if you have had an overdraft or similar issues. In the past I have had trouble now and again with this, but Barclays gives me assurance that if an error or mistake is made, it will be easily corrected and at no cost to me.

Another perk is that they offer what is called a "Dream Account," which is a special online savings account that awards you with bonuses when you make smart choices regarding savings, with no minimum monthly deposit. I feel this gives extra inclination to be responsible with my money, as I find it very rewarding, and you can have up to three of these to reap the benefits of. They also offer online accounts for children under 18, which means I can get my kids started on responsible finance early.

The only qualm I have with Barclays is that they currently do not accept wire transfers, although I do not receive these often, it would be a bit of a hassle if someone is not willing to go to a different service to use these. All in all, however, it's a great fit for myself and my family, and I would very highly recommend this bank!

Barclays Is Just OK

I opened a Barclays Bank account last year and in general I have been satisfied with this savings account. To date I haven't had any problems with depositing or withdrawing money, and their debit card service is functional. I have however had two minor problems when dealing with Barclays. First their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. On multiple occasions I have had minor issues (confusion about deposits etc.) and I found both their online and telephone customer service process to take too much time, and on occasion involve somewhat surly customer service reps. My other issue is that I find the international wire transfer fees from Barclays to be too high, and I often choose to use other wire transfer services when making international bank transfers, which is frustrating because I then have to withdraw money from my Barclays account to so. So overall, I would call my experience with Barclays average, it is a fine bank to work with, but nothing to rave over.

Barclays offers great services to its banking customers!

Let's face it - banking is not fun, but it's a part of life. Looking for a bank doesn't have to be a dreadful experience. Take my advice and just use Barclays! I have several accounts with Barclays, but my favorite, by far, is my Dream Account. Barclays' Dream Account offers incentives to deposit money into your account, and keep it there. So if you move money around, this account isn't for you. But, if you're currently making a quarter of a percent on your savings account, then look into the Dream Account. You can put up to $1000 into it per month, and if you make deposits into the account for six straight months, you get a 2.5% bonus on the already great interest rate (currently 1.05%). You can't lose. This account meets my needs perfectly, and I am so happy I have a better place to park my emergency fund. I've been adding $750 per month into my Dream Account, and I can't believe I'll have over $8000 in the account by the end of the year! This account helps keep my goals in focus, and I feel like I'm actually making money on my savings. It encourages me to save more and more. It's a great feeling!

great savings rates

Posted by: Axlim | Jun 25, 2015

Originally I was with a big bank and went to a small credit union, after being tired of the hassle that comes with a small localized credit union I decided to go for the biggest, best bank I could find with the most attractive rates. After a few days I stumbled across an excellent savings rate at 1% through Barclays.

I decided to try it and haven't look back since. I now I have savings account and a "dream account" that has built up some quite nice interest. Their mobile app is awesome and their "dream account" is pretty sweet (basically a twist on the old "X-mas/Vacation" clubs. I've never had poor customer service with Barclays and I have yet to have any issues with fees or problems like that.

If you're looking for the the benefits and security of a large bank, but still a small bank "we care about you" feeling, this is the bank for you!

Good Bank for Interest Seekers!

Posted by: DrewLee | Jun 24, 2015

Okay so I have a Barclays Dream Account (Savings) that I use for my future retirement. One of the best deals about this company is that it gives customers a 1.05% Annual Percentage Yield and interest that is compounded daily. There is absolutely no minimum deposit to open an account and interest and bonuses are offered to people who save their money in the account; and don't touch the money for 6 months and you receive an additional 2.25% in interest added to the money that was saved, who would deny that excellent offer? Barclays is a really good bank and is really quite enjoyable. I really like the company on the whole, and customer service is excellent. Friendly, native English speaker I could hear clearly on the phone whenever I needed to call. What a good bank. Love it! I plan to continue saving with Barclays and taking advantage of their competitive offers. I am proud to say I am a Barclays' customer.

Dream Account

Posted by: Maryracer | Jun 20, 2015

Barclays is a very good on line bank. I personally find the on line banking to second to none. For me that means a secure web page that is clear to understand and easy to use. Barclays is just that. I have loved their credit card, so about two months ago I signed up on line for the savings account. The dream account works great for me with 1 percent interest. I put 100.00 in to start but they did not require any amount at all to begin. This is what I needed to have the motivation to save. I am able to access my funds anytime without a penalty too. I can transfer online or withdraw. Barclay Dream account is a very excellent savings instrument for anyone who wants on line tools for savings and access. Also the one time I phoned in to ask about my password issue the girl was very kind and very quick to help me reset it. The online Dream assistant tool is a great easy to use savings calculator that I love to play with and also to get serous with and help me achieve my goals.

Barclays Banking

I have been a Barclays customer for 8 years now, and of the many institutions I have worked with, I can honestly say that it doesn't get much better than this company. All of my banking used to be done through them, and I still have open credit accounts due to their respect for longstanding customers. In my opinion, I have never been hit with any unfair fees in my time with Barclays, and their customer service is top-notch. A few years back, my wallet was stolen while I was on vacation, and I had to go through the process of canceling my cards. After explaining my situation, the Barclays customer service representative offered to overnight both of my new cards to the hotel I was staying at, free of charge. This was the only institution that offered such a convenient replacement, and it allowed me to continue my trip without worry. The only downside to this company is that they don't have great starting rates, but they reward loyal customers with consistent interest upgrades and other perks. Definitely a great place to do business.

I have a CD ladder with Barclays. It is ok compared to other banks. The rates are a little on the low side for short length CDs (.35 percent I believe). But the longer end ones (60 months) have a nice yield at around 2.5 percent. I liked their customer service via telephone. They explained the CD laddering investment technique to me and helped me set it up. I learned a lot. Their website is the WORST though. It is very clunky, difficult to navigate. It looks outdated and gives you the feeling you are operating with a sketchy bank. I never have any trouble getting someone on the phone though, and have an easy time rolling over my CDs when they mature. I like that you can do everything online and don't have to deal with anyone in person or over the phone if you don't want to. Overall I would recommend this to anyone new to CD laddering who needs help. There may be higher interest rate banks out there, but this is a reliable bank that offers a rate that can't be scoffed at.

Barclays all the Way.

Posted by: Cammers3 | May 31, 2015

My all around experience with Barclays Bank has been for the most part has been satisfying as far as banks are concerned. Whenever I need help I am usually helped with satisfying results. I can honestly say that I have only had one experience where I felt frustrated with the person trying to help me. I was trying to add my son to my account because he was entering the Army and she kept trying to convince us that he needed to open his own account. He was planning on opening one through the Army and she just didn't understand why he wouldn't open one with them, of course she was only doing her and I really couldn't blame her for that. I want him on my account simply because it is a good thing to have another person on your accounts. I have bought CD's from them and was quite satisfied with the person that helped me and explained how they worked, and am glad that I did get them.

Barclays Dream Account is Worth Writing About

Posted by: Dreamteam | May 24, 2015

As a person who has problems saving consistently I really enjoyed Barclays Dream Account. Rather than many other accounts that simply deposit a dollar from every purchase into a savings account with a horrible APY, Barclays Dream Account is a standard savings account where you choose to deposit. Though you can only deposit up to $1,000 a month, if you deposit consistently you're rewarded for it by an increase in the APR for the past six months. So if you deposit monthly for six straight months, they'll give you (at the time of this writing) an additional 2.5% bonus to the interest earned over the last six months. No other bank that I know of treats you as good as that. It actually rewards you for saving, which gives better incentives to actually save. Furthermore, if you don't withdraw for six months you get another 2.5% bonus to the interest over that six month period. Added together you get a 5% bonus if you continue to deposit but don't withdraw for that same six month period. Those two things together have allowed me to save consistently throughout the past year and get rewarded for it. I think it is the rewards that keep me motivated to do it. I used to always take money out, always justifying it in some way and before I knew it I had wiped my savings out. Barclays helps me work towards my goals by motivating me to keep saving.

Barclays is a nice on-line bank

Posted by: bull2014 | May 22, 2015

Barclays is a nice on-line bank. I surfed over there and signed up for a free savings bank account and they were really helpful and provided me a fee free savings account really quickly. The whole process only required a really small period and the people who helped me on-line were really nice and helpful. Barclays even provided a welcome pack for me and the welcome pack included a good overview of information on how the savings account worked and any fees that would be charge with using the savings account. Barclays gave me a good overview of information within a quick period. I didn't have to wait for them to mail me the information or anything, as they emailed me the overview. They just emailed me the overview within a brief period following my signing up for the free savings account so I would be able to familiarize myself with their account.

Credible Bank Without All The Bells and Whistles

I opened a Barclays savings account roughly one year ago when I grew frustrated with the savings rates of other banks in the industry. At the time, Barclays was offering .9% interest on a savings account and since, they have increased it to 1%. The online interface is very easy to use, but that is mostly because there aren't a plethora of features. If you are looking for one of the top interest rates in the industry without a complex dashboard to learn, Barclays is probably a good choice for you. I do hope that they update their website to stay with the times in the next year or so. The credibility of the website design was one reason why I almost decided not to sign up, but I decided to go with them for the lack of fees and strong interest rate.

Best Bank Ever!

I remember when I first opened an account with Barclays, I accidentally requested to transfer $200 instead of $20. Yes, decimal points make a HUGE difference. Anyway, this ended up causing an overdraft from my other bank since I didn't have enough funds to cover the transfer.

I called up my other bank, since that was now the bank with the negative account balance in it, and explained what happened. Not verbatim, but they basically told me "So sad, too bad. It's your problem, not ours, so shut up." I was thought I was "s" out of luck. I mean I made an honest mistake and now not only was I in the negative balances but they were also charging me overdraft and sustained fees.

I figured, all right, I'll give this a shot. I called up Barclays, and first of all, I was able to speak with a representative who spoke fluent English in a very friendly tone. It sounded like they actually wanted to help me and not just "put up with" their job. Anyway, to make a long story short, they ended up refunding all the fees that my other bank charged me. I just had to e-mail them a screenshot of my account activity - very simple process. They sent the refund in a few days. Awesome!

My second thumbs up experience happened when I got an e-mail from Barclays, claiming they were changing their interest rate on all savings account. Great, that's all I need. Nine times out of ten when a bank sends you an e-mail along the lines of "New Interest Rate Changes" that means your interest rate is going down. Well, not at Barclays. Nope. At Barclays, believe it or not they actually RAISED their interest rate recently. They raised it on their already high rate.

Barclays is quiet, and quiet is good.

As a Barclays member, I really appreciate how little they present themselves in my daily life. I opened my savings account, set up a direct deposit with my employer, and from there on it was simple. There are no minimum balances or monthly maintenance fees with Barclay's 1% APY. They also have a good amount of tools within their program to help you save even more money. When I called to ask about setting the account up, the entire process took me less than 10 minutes and the woman on the phone was very friendly and interested in getting me on my way. I would recommend Barclay's particularly for anyone thinking about opening a new savings account. In addition, I have never had a problem transferring funds from other banks/financial institutions, and almost always this process could be done online, thru the Barclays website. Finally, I really appreciate the "savings assistant" feature. It allows you to set goals and monitor your progress on the fly. No extra noise with Barclays, just basic savings at a great rate.

Barclays is a bank worth banking with

Barclays is a bank I have been with for 4 years. When it comes to banking I don't like just trusting anyone with my money and I had generally preferred not having a bank account. That changed with them. They are so helpful and offer a ton of benefits. They have a better interest rate for their saving accounts than anyone I have considered by far. Most other banks I have seen offer like .1% or .2%, Barclays offers 1%. That is ten bucks on every thousand a year which isn't a ton but it's nice to have your money making the most for you that it can. Their mobile app is awesome and they offer as many features as anyone else like mobile deposits and easy balance and activity checking. Also if you're broke don't worry, they don't have a minimum deposit to start an account. So if you're on the fence and looking for advice on where to go, you will not go wrong with a Barclays checking or savings account.

Awesome Savings Bank

Posted by: 777 | Apr 21, 2015

Barclays has a great website with a good interface to check your Savings account. It is a strong security checking system with a more advanced password screening with a username check, password check, and special words check. Barclays also provides higher interest rates than other banks for CD's and other Savings accounts, so you accrue more money over time. The customer service representative I spoke with was also amiable and very easy to work with. It's an international bank and they have that high quality air about them which has you, as a customer, feeling well taken care of. Banking with Barclays makes me feel good about myself.

Savings Accounts

Posted by: innis8 | Apr 9, 2015

(2015) I open a Dream Savings for my social security direct deposit, I closed my WellsFargo savings account which was only .01% which is one penny per $1,000, and a joke. Oct (2017) I open 2nd Barclays regular savings account because Synchrony Bank transfers take 3-7 days post. 2nd Account Process took 15 min.to open. Now I have a account to handle my Federal TSP (401K) direct deposits. Transfers take 1-2 days. My initial deposit took 10 days to clear with interest.

Great Overall

Barclays is a great bank to go with. I only had there barclaycard, but it had amazing interest. The interest if your late is pretty high but that is understandable considering how much they give you in the beginning and how generous they are even though your credit might not be good. Getting started with this card I used it to buy a laptop from apple and its so awesome that they give you 12 months no interest to pay it off. There customer service is helpful and they are very nice. I've only had to call once, because of how easy it is to understand there website and the instruction on the card. The way the buttons and pages are set up on the website, I think could make it easy for anyone to understand it. It's so simple and easy to use that it's something I would recommend my family and friends if they needed a bank or credit card.

Great Services

I am a risk taker and taking a risk is exactly what I did when I decided to go with Barclays. They were new to the United States market and I had never heard of them but I was willing to give them a try. This was one of the best decision I have ever made because I have gotten nothing short of a great experience from them. There was a time that a small company wrongly charged my credit card after I canceled my subscription with them. I tried to handle the matter by myself but I could not because they kept hanging up the phone in my face. When I got in contact with Barclays to explain the matter to them they were quick to respond and give me the results that I wanted. They deactivated my card and sent a new one out to me so that this company would not bill me monthly. The only down side about them is that their website is not so appealing to me, it is quite bland.

lacking mobile website

Overall, I have had a decent experience with Barclay Card. However I have been experiencing problems with the mobile website. I have tried multiple times to pay my credit card bill on my phone. I have been unsuccessful each time. Its extremely inconvenient because I handle most of my business via my smart phone. The problem mostly lies with trying to get into my account. Usually when I enter my username and password it will act as if it is letting me into my account and will return back to the log in page. I will try several more times. Out of those trials I have been able to log on a few but still unsuccessful in paying my bill. It is unfortunate because I really like this company. However it is frustrating to try do something and the website is incapable of the request. Hopefully they will get a legit app or mobile capable website soon.

Amazing bank

I started banking with Barclay about 2 years ago and have been thrilled with my experience. At first I thought that it might be a bit of a pain to use them since there was not a location close to be but I have learned that they have made everything so simple to use due to the amazing app they have and their website is so easy to access. I have called customer service in the past over an issue I had with my credit card and it was literally taken care of before I got off the phone with them. I have to say I am very happy I use them and have been more then pleased with my past experience and continue to use them for quite some time in the future.

Wow, I am Impressed!

Barclays is a very impressive bank, I love the rates they offer on there cds and savings accounts. They are some of the best rates I have seen in a very long time.

Their site is easy to use and very simple. I love there Calculator that lets you see what your investment will bring back. Also like that they have a mobile application that can be used for quick access. I look forward to doing business now and in the future with my investment needs.

The fact that they offer no hidden fees, no minimum balances to open. This is better than most banks that make you open accounts with a certain amount of money. This will defiantly be a bank I refer to friends and family. Thank you Barclay for being a caring bank.

Pretty Good Banking System

Posted by: LIam567 | Jan 5, 2015

So far my banking experience with Barclay has gone pretty well. I have been with them for a little over a year, and have had not many problems. The one main problem I had was when I lost my job and fell back on payments. They contacted me and helped me by removing late fee's and interest rates, and lowered my monthly bills to a more affordable one meanwhile I got on my feet. That there ended up helping me a lot, and I was able to get on my feet and started paying my bills again when I got a job. I am now debt free, and use their card when I do want to charge something on credit. I do know to not charge more that I can't handle now.

Not the best

Posted by: jkdaed | Dec 15, 2014

I was very unhappy with the overall service of this bank. I had a credit card through them and they ended up being like every other bank in terms of high fees, hidden costs, etc. My APR went from 8% to 22% for no reason within a year of having the card. When I asked them about lowering it because of my positive history with them (payments on time, higher payments than the minimum amount), I was told there was nothing they could do. Their internet banking website was also difficult to deal with. Payments were not credited immediately and would sometimes take 3-4 days to post to my account, which would make it difficult to post on time if I would ever have been close to my due date with a payment. Overall, I would recommend finding another internet bank to deal with.

Excellent place to park your money

Posted by: BryaninCA | Dec 4, 2014

I have been a customer of Barclays for over three years and have earned a lot of money in interest using their Online Savings account. With the excellent 0.9% APY, you can let your money work for you. Transfer times to get access to your money are pretty quick too. Customer support is also excellent, if you for some unforeseen circumstance lose your password a simple call with customer service is very quick and easy as long as your have your information gathered and ready to confirm your identity. They don't currently have a lot of locations in the US, so for the most part you'll have to rely on the website to get access to your account, other than that there isn't a reason why you shouldn't sign up. There are also no fees and no minimum account balance restrictions. Overall, this is a very good bank and offers a terrific savings account if you are looking for something non-long term as this will not make you rich overnight.

Barclays The Best!

Posted by: GerardT | Nov 18, 2014

Barclays is a great bank. They have the best interest rate available anywhere for a bank account. Interest rates are really bad nowadays and it is really hard to find somewhere that has a good interest rate. Barclays provides that interest rate that is really the best I have found anywhere. I am an internet guru and I spend a lot of time on the internet looking for the best interest rat and was not able to find anywhere that had a good rate like barclays does. I have had to call them a few times and every time I call them they are really helpful and fix whatever the issue is when I call them. They make it so easy to use their account!

Hassle-free internet savings

Posted by: emesbe | Oct 19, 2014

Signing up for a Barclays online savings account was quite easy. I had no problems whatsoever. No credit check, either. I am quite comfortable with Barclays' online security.

While the interest rate is not outstanding, it's better than keeping my money in a mason jar.

I have been able to link my Barclays account with my other accounts, such as Paypal, a traditional checking account, and an American Express Serve account without hassle and relatively quickly. I find that deposits and transfers take about one business day.

Overall I am very pleased with my Barclays online savings account and would recommend it to anyone.

Banks Versus Credit Unions

Posted by: ibcasper | Sep 25, 2014

no comment on this issue. Not for profits are not motivated to take advantage of members.

Transfer From AMEX Savings Bank

Posted by: innis8 | Sep 9, 2014

American Express keep dropping their % Interest rate, so I transfer. It's great for retired people with fixed income and high cash amount, better than local banks ($25,000) @ .01%.

Fishy... Unreliable

Posted by: redfarm | Aug 31, 2014

Mailed in a check as a deposit to the Illinois address. A week later the deposit did not appear in my Barclays account. A month later received a letter from a loan company in Florida returning my check. Very poor safeguards wherever mail deposits are processed. Customer service said there was no way such a mistake could occur and implied the post office must have screwed up. Unlikely that an envelope addressed to Illinois would have been inadvertently delivered to a Florida location with a different name and address.

Shows As 0.90% APY But Its Not

I have a savings accounts with Barclays and I was just monitoring how they calculate interest. I tried to check the calculation and to my surprise it was not matching. When I tried in all the possible ways of calculating interest and it didn't match to what I was getting, I called customer care. I asked them to help me understand the calculation and I was told that the calculation is all correct because the rep was sitting somewhere is far east and had a pre-fed calculator to check the math. I requested to explain me the formula but he failed. Then I asked for a manager and when i spoke to the manager, I came to know that the 0.90% APY is actually not 0.90% APY its 0.888896% APY and that my calculation on the amount is right. They have rounded it to display 0.90% APY.

Ridiculous Hassle To Fund An Account

I opened a Barclays online savings account last month. There's a test deposit process for them to verify an external source to fund the account. I've gone through this process TWICE now, and I still can't verify my accounts. Hence, I can't fund the Barclay's account, hence the big interest rate that attracted me to Barclay's in the first place has been utterly useless to me. If you're going to offer online services, for godsake, fix your website!

Tried To Open A IRA Account And Was Denied.

I just finish speaking with a representative and he told me he couldn’t help me with investing $13000.00 in to a IRA account,

Then I wanted to invest $62000.00 and he said he still couldn’t do nothing for me. My question is how much money does one need to open a account with your bank?

More Than Satisfied

Posted by: mrvirgo | May 8, 2014

I opened 3 CDs for $10,000 each online without any problem. I did not use Barclay's system to get the $30,000 into my Barclay's savings account so it was as if I made a direct deposit and the money was immediately available to fund the CDs from my savings account. It was very easy to have the monthly interest swept into one of my linked bank accounts. On the first of May (2014), the interest from the three CDs was transferred out of Barclays without a glitch.
I am very satisfied with Barclays. I've had a savings account with them for two years now.

Amazing Customer Service!!

Posted by: carly | Apr 16, 2014

I had planned to move an expiring CD from Alliant CU to Barclays, but I couldn't log on to my Barclays account. (My computer had been slow and weird for a couple of days.)

I called Barclays customer service and the phone guy went way beyond "bank teller" and walked me through clearing the cache on my computer and doing diagnostics and fixed my computer!! I logged on to my account and quickly set up my new CD.

Kudos to Barclays for going above and beyond.

Very Pleased!

Update March 2016
I have maintained a money market account at Barclays since I posted below (July 2013). Barclays has been fantastic in every way. The website is easy to navigate and works flawlessly. We often transfer large amounts of money from linked accounts. We have never had any problem whatsoever. Barclays continues to be worthy of FIVE STARS!!

I recently (July 2013) opened a savings account online. At first it was a bit tricky because they set up a profile (user name and password) for each person on the account. Once I figured out I needed to set up my husband with his own profile and then do mine, it was a piece of cake. From there I was easily able to link external accounts and transfer money in. I haven't tried to take money out. I had to call once with a question. My inquiry was handled quickly and professionally. I give Barclays five stars!

An Excellent Savings Account With One Annoyance

Barclays offers a high rate (0.90%) with no material restrictions or fees.  The one deficiency is that Barclays does not allow wire transfers, either incoming or outgoing.

Having used the service for 3 months, here's a summary:

• High rate of 0.90% (though it dropped from 1.00% a month after a signed up)

• No minimum balance

• No significant fees. Probably the only ones of note are $5 for each withdrawal beyond 6 in a month (at least Barclays will allow more than 6), and $0.50 for a paper statement as opposed to an electronic account statement

• Easy to withdraw money.  Barclays limits withdrawals to $250,000 per ACH transfer, but you can do as many transfers as you want in a day, so there is no real withdrawal limit

• Excellent customer service

• No ability to send or receive wire transfers

Well, I Tried

I tried to transfer almost $200,000 into a new account.  A week later, it still hadn't happened.  Phone support was useless.

It's been difficult to find a money market that wants this money.

I'll keep looking!

My 6 Month Experiences With Barclays

Posted by: simplesam | May 14, 2013

Easy to open. Easy to setup multiple banks. East to use and manage account on simple website.

Hold time  seems long, but does not effect me as I am not doing in & out transactions

Highly recommended by someone who is looking for a good rate and easy access to my money.

Transferred From Capital One 360

Posted by: calisaver | Apr 22, 2013

I had no problems opening the account and they have kept the rate at 1%.  They are not a primary financial institution and are good for higher yields on savings and CD's.  I use them to obtain the higher rates.  They do not have ATM access and I do all transactions by ACH and have never had any problems.  However if you need same day access to your funds this is not the bank for you.  This is a great place for your money if you want or need FDIC Insurance and dont need same day access.

Great Savings Account APY, But Very Poor Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 24, 2012

I opened an individual savings account online with Barclays in June 2012 after researching APYs on BankRate.com. After trying to add my wife as a joint account holder in the middle of the next billing cycle (to double my FDIC coverage and add another $200k to my account), I was told by phone customer service "it can't be done" (Call #1) and to create a new joint account online and transfer the balance from my individual account. It was not difficult creating the new joint account and transferring the funds. However, after the next billing cycle, Barclays automatically debited $98 of interest due in my individual account.

So, I call customer service to discuss this (Call #2) and was told that it was a "software issue since the individual account had a zero balance at month end, but a ticket will be created to reverse the debit and the $98 will show up in the account in 2-3 business days". I said this was satisfactory.

After 5 business days and no interest money appearing in either account, I call customer service (Call #3) and inquire about the status of the missing interest money. The agent seemed confused as to why it had not yet been processed, but assured me that he knew what the problem was, would get a supervisor to resolve it before the close of business that day, and he would personally call me before his shift was over to confirm that the interest was in my account - no one called back and no interest money appeared in my account.

I called after another 5 business days (Call #4), maintaining a calm tone but firmly informing the next agent about my history with this issue and that I was very frustrated at this point. Again, he reviewed the past ticket and could not understand why the interest had no been processed into my account. I told him I wanted the matter resolved during this phone call or Barclays would be at risk losing my business over my experience with their customer service. He did seem to work on getting a supervisor to handle my issue ASAP during the call, but after 40 minutes of being on this phone call with him, he finally said "Sir, my supervisor says that the issue is being held up with Barclays Banking (???), so we will have to call you back before close of business today at 8 pm." I asked him if he remembered and understood what I said before about wanting this issue resolved on this phone call - he replied that he appreciated my patience and definitely understood - no one called back and no interest money appeared in my account, so I wrote this review to inform others.

Barclays Appears To Be Immature For Internet Banking

Posted by: Anonymous | Jun 26, 2012

The online application is a complete failure. First, it asks you for unreasonable personal information such as your mother's maiden name. Second, I started the process multiple times, but it never succeded. Besides, return to an existing application feature does not work either. I ended up with my very personal information blocked somewhere inside Barclays, and I am not sure it is secure enough. At least I did not initiate money transfer to the new account.

Error Trying To Open Account

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2012

I tried to open an account this evening. I went through the entire process, then at the end was informed that there was an error, and that I should call their toll-free number.

I have had no problem opening online accounts at other banks.

What's the point of an online bank that can't open accounts online?