Bellco Credit Union Reviews

Bellco FCU Colorado Never Handled Accts Properly, Many Errors

I have had accts at Bellco for years but finally gave up. Their voice and email customer service is runaround and lies. I spent months trying to get a beneficiary set up and finally had to file a claim with the state banking authority. Most recently a customer service rep claimed to have set up my CD to roll into checking at maturity, but of course it did not and they renewed it into a non-competitive rate CD. Having all communication recorded is crucial when dealing with Bellco and just assume it will have to be forwarded to Colorado Division Of Banking to get result. Oh and forgot to mention that in October 2018 they did not pay interest on Reward Checking until weeks after I filed a complaint. They used the same tired mantra "system glitch".

Friendly Union

My dad cosigned me into my account when I was a teenager and I haven't left in over a decade. My neighborhood teller was always friendly. I have a Checking, Money Market, and a credit card they helped me set up. I particularly like the Boost Checking account and it works great for me. Online banking has been great both online and on my mobile. The system has had growing pains but their new app works great. I have even used their financial advisors in the past.

I also have a small account with Wells Fargo (for when I'm out of the state) and everytime I'm there it seems like I'm trying to be sold on another product or to open another account. I don't get that at Bellco, let get me in and out but are always willing to help if I have any other needs.

Local and friendly

Bellco has always been top notch for customer service. They are a local business so they are more involved in the community. They have rates that are competitive to larger national banks. They are always will to help out with needs. They even have an investment group to help you with investment options

STAY AWAY From CREDIT UNION If You Are Out Of State

Nationwide Customer ....Tried to open online CD and could not fill out ONLINE application for Membership ,asks for WORK Affiliation
or Relative Relationship To Join.......Next Problem is Before Continuing with App. Question is what is your closest branch with a drop down list for Branches in Colorado ...Phoned CS Rep. Who Explained Application Can Only Be Completed ONLINE and Knew Nothing about becoming a member by Donation....Next Day Phoned again (thought Strange as I have been using DEPOSITS.COM for years)...Again after voicing my concerns and CS speaking with Tech.Dept. CS insisted credit Union to be Bethpage out of New York and out-rite told me that is was Not There Credit Union.......Later in the day Received E-Mail From Different Rep. Stating where they saw I was Trying To Open a Account and Wanted to Know If I had Mailed in Donation ??? Again Voicing Concerns ,Responding to Email Provided contact info to explain Problems with Credit Union.....NO RESPONSE .......WOW

Just A Traditional Community Bank With An Outdated Presence On The Internet

Their customer service has no additional information beyond (in the best scenario) reading their own website. Prepare to waste a lot of time on the phone if you can't come to their office. ACH transfer takes a business week.

Update. Almost a month after. They could not locate their own pre-printed envelope with my personal and banking information. They changed their incoming unlisted fax number, according to one representative, but another representative said it is not true. Should I feel secure to fax again my personal and banking information?
Receiving promised calls, mail and email around 30% success ratio.

BELLCO CD Is Variable Rate, Not Fixed As Shown

The BELLCO 22 month CD as shown on your website as well as shown on their own website is not a fixed rate. After opening this account, I was notified that the rate can go up or down monthly during the 22 month term. This is misrepresentation.

Bellco CU Is A Great Place To Park 25000$

Bellco pays 2.25% on their Boost Checking. Where else can you get that rate without tying up your money. The debit card is really the only requirement and 15 debit charges a month is quite easy. I have been a member since the 70's had several loans and really never had a problem.

Local owned means better offers

Bellco Credit Union, being a locally owned and operated credit union in Colorado, allows them to offer competitive rates compared to other lager national banks. Customer service is available 24/7 which is nice. They have an ATM network with other credit unions and US bank so you get access to an atm nationwide without having to pay atm fees. The people are very friendly and helpful whenever I go to a branch. I really like their CD offers and their other long-term savings options.

Just A Greedy Bank, No Different Than The Big Banks.

First off, Bellco barely participates in the CU System and their tellers are useless. I tried to do something with a CUofCO account and they told me to use the ATM. I said "I've waited in line to talk to you. I don't use ATM's. I'm a member here as well. Are you kidding me?"
Customer Service: 0 Stars

Their website and online banking feels like it's 1999 and is very challenging to use as it not at all intuitive. Still, I've seen worse.
Web Experience: 2 Stars

The interest rate on their loans is usually lower than others, but that's because they offer zero features, including payment protection.
Competitive: 1 Star

Their fees aren't bad. But, I refuse to bank with them as they failed me so many times on so many levels. I guess low fees translate to horrible customer service.

In just under two years I also had two auto loans, in a row, through Bellco. Got disabled. Go to Bellco. Instead of telling me that the second loan too new for Bellco to skip a payment or modify in any way, fully aware of my medical condition, Bellco has me complete a ton of paperwork and talk to a third-party financial counselor who tries to sell me a monthly subscription that I can't afford. Great counseling. Then, I wait. Then they tell me they won't do anything. All this while I'm fighting for my life. Struggle for ten months to pay them on time, every month. Let them know that the hospital bills have taken over and can't afford it. Bellco reposes a 60-day late vehicle. And, the first slap in your face is that you must contact a different department to have the vehicle repo'ed. It's a good gimmick. I didn't do it the first time and threw away 5 grand trying to keep a vehicle I couldn't even drive because of my health! Then, as another slap in the face, they send a letter saying it would be in my best interest to pay it off in full or to work something out. I tried to work something out! Credit unions are supposed to be member owned and serve their members. You won't find that here. Just a greedy bank, no different than the big banks.

Bellco Is Okay With Me.

I have been a Bellco Customer since, at least, 1996.  I have trouble logging into their online banking, my wife never does, so I guess this is my issue.  When I call their customer service department they are helpful and my account is quickly unlocked.

I have never had issues with their fees.  I have had a couple auto loans with them.  All of my checking, savings, and direct deposit is with them.

I don't like there rates for PLOCs compared to other banks.  I just read reviews for those same banks and they were so bad I thought I would check out the reviews for Bellco.

Since There were no reviews I thought I would add my .02 to say...

No real troubles with Bellco on my end.

Love This Bank!

I have banked with Bellco for over 12 years and couldn't complain. They have good rates on their loans and credit cards. They recently increased some of their fees, but they are still way less than other banks.