Advertising Disclosure

Case Credit Union Reviews

THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!!

Posted by: Mccleem | Oct 29, 2018

The worst! I have been a member for years and the service has dramatically declined over time. Every time I’m in a branch I have a trainee assisting me and it takes a minimum of 25 mins to do simple transactions. I have never went into a branch and been out in under 15 mins. The last teller I got couldn’t even count; she had to get the teller next to her to assist with counting my withdrawal. They don’t accept appointments, not even for business banking. They are extremely understaffed and management simply does not care.

I no longer trust this institution with my funds. Beware.

Close My Account

They are literally like a loan shark, they don't have any order when it comes to their resolution department. I have spoken with numerous representatives and every time I speak with someone and they say they will note my account a few days later I will recieve another phone call from a different resolution speacialist saying the same thing I told the other rep days before and stating they don't have anything noted. While I understand that I'm responsible for my late payments threatening me and harrasing me after I've spoken with a different rep stating I would be able to pay on a certain date is frustrating, especially when I get 2-3 calls a week from different ones saying the same thing. Two of the reps I plan on submitting paper work to not recieve another phone call by them regarding my account because they were extremely rude and lacked customer service skills. The extension for both women are, 2102 and 1015. Once my accounts are resolved and paid off I plan on closing my account with them. Will not be recommending this credit union to anyone!

Horrible Experience

We've been banking with CASE since 1993. At first, our experience was very positive, but it seems CASE has gone severely downhill. After I merged my account with my husband's, getting a current ATM card was very difficult. Out of frustration, I opened another account with a different CU, but my husband has insisted on sticking with CASE. He opened accounts for our children and was told at that time that children accounts did not require regular activity. Two weeks ago I opened an account at my CU for one of my daughters who is going to travel abroad (they managed to give her an ATM card the day we opened her account). A week later, CASE closed her child account due to "lack of activity." They did not notify us--supposedly they sent a letter, but considering we have multiple accounts with them and they send the statements at the same time--we didn't open her statement since we already knew her balance. They have our phone number on record--it hasn't changed since 1993, but they didn't find us important enough to call and let us know. When my husband went into one of the branches earlier--the teller at first misinformed him that someone had already withdrawn all of the money from the account--it took him a while to figure out that CASE had withdrawn it and given it to the State of Michigan. They were unable to even give us a case number or contact number to retrieve the funds. I had to call the general number to reach a manager (since the branch manager was at lunch when my husband was there and did not call back at the time indicated by the employees), but she was not very helpful--didn't even apologize. Supposedly, she will call back with the information to get the funds back. Thankfully, they are required by law to provide that information to us within 30 days. I recommend choosing a different CU.

Awful Credit Union

This is an awful credit union. I would not recommend anyone bank here. The staff is insanely rude and unhelpful, which really makes the banking experience hard. It also takes FOREVER to get in and out of the bank because the staff is so slow (and usually doesnt know what they are doing). Also, they came up with a bogus reason to make my interest rate higher than originally agreed upon. A rating of one star seems like too much.

Unreliable

Posted by: CAC | Aug 14, 2014

They had promotion, sign up for e-pay, make six payments, get $10.

I did that.

CSR DENIED IT, said it wasn't done in the month, just within 30 days.

Also lost two payments-by-mail.

Very unhappy. Moving to HUNTINGTON next week.

CASE CU Is A RIPOFF, And Very Very Full Of HIDDEN FEES And Misc Charges! BEWARE

Posted by: Brad Seely | Feb 6, 2014

We have been a member of CASE CU for 2 Years. Our business checking and saving accounts are with CASE, our personal checking and savings accounts are with Case. We also have a vehicle financed through them as well as a credit card. We were given an auto loan at 3% when other banks offered 8-12%. We were also offered and excepted a credit card at very low interest. We thought this was the start of a good and long business relationship together with a credit union. WE WERE SO WRONG! BEWARE AND READ ON...

We originally came to CASE because we were under the impression it would be much easier to deal with a credit union verses a conventional bank. We had heard fees were expected to be much less and better rates on loans.

We have been charges EXCESSIVE overdraft fees and account transfer fees for transferring between accounts. Sometimes they will transfer several times in a day and now charge $3,00 for each transfer from savings/credit card accounts to our checking accounts. (They used to charge $2,00 for these transfers) They recently held a deposit for 7 days. (a deposit that we frequently make from the same customer.) That seven day hold has cost us transfer fees, they have pulled $250.00 from our savings and charged several fees for numerous transfers of small dollar amounts in ONE day! In the past, they have chosen to run a large item though our account then ran dozens of small transactions and charged us hundreds of dollars in over draft fees from our account all in a single day. I have been told by them that they can choose what order things are run through, their policy is only to run large items through first. This is unfair and ultimately a dishonest way of doing business.

They do not return phone calls, they do not offer any help with excessive overdraft fees, they are not easy to work with, and are not forthcoming about their hidden fees and dishonest way of doing business!

I would NEVER recommend doing any business with CASE!

Very frustrated.
Brad

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Posted by: cellme12 | Jun 3, 2013

This Credit union is the worst!! This looks like some generic response to a complaint against them. It's abvious they didn't even read what this writer complained about. You may have lower rates, but you make doing business with you a NIGHTMARE! My girlfriend made the mistake of using you guys to finance her vehicle. She has already received a few threating letters. This has been in the first 4 months of the loan. Once because you were sending her payment book to the wrong address and then you called her saying that she is late on her payment and threaten her of reposession. My girlfriend told you that she didn't know anything was due because she never got the payment book. You told her it's not Case's fault they have the wrong address and that she needs to straighten it out with the dealership. In the meantime, you added late fee's to her loan?? Come to find out after talking to the dealership, it was your mistake on the address. The next threat letter came a couple months later saying she will be charged a higher premium because you said she didn't provide proof of insurance from the begining of the loan...And again, you were wrong. After looking into it, you saw that the sale wasn't completed for a few weeks later due to some mechanical issues the dealership had to correct before the sale would be finalized. There was another letter between there, but I can't remember why. All I know is. everytime she see's a envelope with CASE CREDIT UNION on it, she is afraid to open it because god only knows what you are going to threaten her about next. I make sure everyone I know knows about this place and to AVOID it at all costs! You are a very rotten company to deal with.

Also, the response you gave here is the exact same response I just read on a complaint on the InsiderPages website. Way to go!

Case Credit Union Be Careful If You Join!!!

Posted by: bobderb | Jul 27, 2012

I  have been a customer at Case Credit Union for 10 years.  For a majority of those years I had great credit.  Now Case is loaning me money at more than 13% which means that my payments of nearly $200 = $107 to principal and $77. to interest!  At the same time, I was able to obtain a loan for a car at 7% interest.  At this point, dealing with Case is equivalent to dealing with a loan shark.  I would not recommend this