Chase Bank Reviews

DO NOT BANK WITH CHASE!!!!

Posted by: thair1271 | Jun 13, 2014

I have been a customer with this bank for over 5 years. I had 3 accounts opened here. Up until about a few months ago, it was the only bank I used. About two weeks ago, I connected my credit union account to my checking's account at Chase so I could transfer money to it without having to go to the bank every week. Today, I sent my daughter to the grocery store with my card as I always do, and it was declined. I was sure she had entered the wrong pin or something so I called the bank to get the account unlocked. They informed me that they decided to close my account after reviewing it for security reasons! Security reasons? I've never reported fraudulent activities and they could not give me one good reason why they were closing my account! To add insult to injury, they immediately blocked online access to my account and told me that they would send any money's that are in my account within 10 business days of the last transaction on the account. So not only did they close my account for no reason ( I didn't have overdrafts nor declined payments), but they will be holding my funds hostage until they are ready to release them! I have never felt so betrayed by a business before in my life! I will tell everyone I can not to EVER open an account with Chase Bank!!!

Inappropriate Behavior

Posted by: Shank | Feb 11, 2011

We have a family owned company, that had accounts at Chase. When the family member that was running the company passed away, Chase refused to give the business, the surviving owners, access to our accounts. 18 Months later and after several discussions with lawyers and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, we were able to regain control of our assets. However, during the period of time when the accounts were locked down, Chase continued to service charge the account, essentially stealing money. Is this the kind of 'trusted' institution you want in control of your money?

Worst Experience In Banking...

Chase like to close out accounts or shut down online access and make you go into a branch to verify things. The branch did not even want to help. Chase has wasted so much of my time....

Chase Bank - Walk Away

Posted by: mk1126 | Feb 16, 2016

This last summer we chose Chase Manhattan Bank to go to for a home mortgage loan. A couple of reasons: large, well known bank and my wife has an account there; also they have branches close to us (where we used to live in Ohio). We chose the one in Brunswick, Ohio - wrong move. Chase really does not have the 'personal/ home mortgage' process in place! Things went awry from the 'pre-approval' phase, thru loan processing, underwriting (it was like the first time they had done one!) then to closing! A real mess, cost my wife and I a lot of time, grief, redundant, replicated work, and even - money! And, we have found out it wasn't only us who ran afoul with Chase! So, are you looking at that big, blue neon, Chase sign above the building - walk on by!!!!

Chase Bank Is Terrible, Getting Out Soon.

Posted by: MrMikeD | Nov 23, 2010

You will not believe this but: Friday I went to a branch office to make my online car payment (Laptop locked at office) as I would normally do. The "banking professional" "accidently" drained my checking account by using all of my money to make a $200 payment. They Could Not reverse the transaction. I Spent 1 hour there and they told me they credited my account $500 until it was resolved. I purchased $17.00 worth of groceries, and had Chase charge me $34.00 for insufficient fee's. Unknowingly I went to dinner with my son and my Chase debit card was rejected due to insufficient funds - Humiliating!..Checked my account online Tuesday, not only did they LIE about the deposit, but $0.0 was deposited. I again spoke to the manager, then corporate, they told me they are "working on it". Get this, they explained they will remove the "insufficient fund fee" but will not compensate me for my troubles, public humiliation, or lack of funds. Rather than that I could open another Chase Checking account and get $100.00 of free money....YEAH MY MONEY THEY STOLE! This still has not been corrected, but they promised me they are working on it....Once I get my money back (who knows when?) GOODBYE Chase, you are an embarrassment to the banking institutions of America.

Chase Closed My Checking And Savings Accounts And Sent Me A Check In The Mail, Without My Knowledge.

Posted by: tktenor | Oct 20, 2011

I had a checking and savings account with Chase for one month.  While I was out of town, Chase closed both accounts and sent me a check in the mail, with no explanation.  I have three credit cards and a mortgage with Chase, so when I investigated this major error, I was told that they could not verify my address.  They said that they needed a copy of a utility bill with my name on it.  Well, all of our utility accounts have my husband's name on them, so I did not have one.  When asked why they could not verify my address from my mortgage, they said that they still needed a utility bill.

Well, when I got back into town, I went to the branch and they apologized profusely and were extremely conciliatory.  They did their best to remedy the situation, but the meantime, in order to have "free" checking, I had to jump through hoops and transfer money in, etc.  So I did.

Now that everything has settled down, I am closing my checking and savings accounts with them; not only for spite, but also on principle (like my checking and savings account balances really matter).

Worst bank ever.

Posted by: txguy | Aug 29, 2014

I banked with chase after WaMu went under and was bought out by Chase. I never had such a bad experience with a bank before until chase. Their "fees" were downright extortion, as i was forced to pay $10/month in order to keep my checking account open. On top of that, they would assess other fees for what seemed to be no reason at all. My final strike was that they took the liberty of closing my checking account without my consent. I didn't use my account much at that point, but that was the last straw. I wont' be banking with them ever again.

Bring Back Wamu!!

Posted by: jshox | Dec 2, 2010

I wish they were still WaMu and offered good products.  WaMu cared about customers and even gave a little bit of interest.

Chase doesn't care and their customer service could care less about keeping your business.  I was told that "you'll be back" after I told them I might close my account in favor of my ally account.

Their banking side leaves much to be improved.

Why Didn't We Let Them Fail?

I am generally a cautious and money savvy customer and was forced to work with Chase after the WaMu take over. I have/had my mortgage, HELO, private and business checking and credit cards with them.
I thought with a FICO of over 800 I am in good shape.
I am a fan of online and mobile banking and Chase was always at the for front when it comes to technology. However, they just closed ALL my checking accounts, the private ones and the business ones. The bank managers are usually worthless when it comes to answer the question why and the phone customer service just hides behind their policy. After some research it boils down to the government initiated "Operation Choke Point" ! read up on google. you are deemed as security risk... Soon to be retiree Mr.Holder and the Dept. of Justice are clamping down on the banks to streamline their books and business.
So they decided in their compliance dept. what companies and people are deemed risky. I heard of Gun shop owner for example, I just sell motorcycles in and out of the country.
Don't get me wrong, I had an excellent relation with the tellers at my local bank. Now I start from ground zero again establishing relations with banks and CC companies. And for all of you who praise Chase for now, be aware, it does not matter how good of a customer you are or how long you are with them.....at the end of the day you/we are just a number. Now since I spent the last 2 weeks looking through the fine print and pros/cons on other banks, yep, they are pretty much all the same. We should have let them fail!

Inept Online Service From Some Foreign Country & Out-Of-Control Automated Phone Calls.

I have been getting regular automated phone calls from Chase for the past few weeks. Last week, they stepped up their frequency. I am now getting TWO phone calls a couple of minutes apart every other day. They are identical. They say my account ending in 5511 has a balance of $-1.99, well below the minimum of $50. The problem is that I do NOT have a Chase account. Never have.

So I called their phone support. A person in a foreign country listened to me very politely explain to him the problem. Then he said he couldn't help me, except to put me on a do-not-call list, something that would take effect in about 30 days.  When I persisted, he asked for MY social security number.  I called again and talked to another person and they said I should try emailing Chase.

I emailed Chase, quite politely explained the problem, was emphatic in stating that I did not have a Chase account. The email said that he, Edward Silverio, could not do anything, that I should go online and log into my account.

Obviously intelligence is not a prerequisite for being hired at Chase for EITHER phone or email support.

As an aside, my girlfriend cancelled her Chase accounts a couple of days ago, citing "Three-Strikes" as the reason. I am not surprised their incompetence runs so pervasively through the company.

Tired Of Chasing Chase For Good Rates!

Anyone ever notice Chase's strategy in getting new customers? By offering straight up cash! I lost track of all the offers saying they would pay me $125 if I got their checking or savings account. Doesn't that sound a little strange? Seriously, they have to PAY PEOPLE to USE their SERVICES!

Other banks advertise great rates that will keep working for you. Chase lures people in with one time cash and then makes money off that customer for the long term. Chase doesn't advertise rates because it's rates are 10 X below the national average. You can't compare Chase and Ally because their business model is quite different. I prefer banks with high interest rates. I have used Chase for other purposes other than banking and they have been decent. I have a mortgage with them and they did sufficient. I am just saying that for banking purposes, I would suggest someone else.

Totally Incompetent Organization - Run, Do Not Walk, From It!

Posted by: Jaunty01 | Apr 30, 2011

I was very happy with WAMU, and when they were taken over by Chase Bank I hoped for the best.  Haven't gotten it.  Nothing but problems due to their incompetent computer systems, restrictive policies, and argumentative telephone Customer Support.  Most recent event happened today, and I'm still steaming.  While reconciling my savings account I found a $3.00 Extra Withdrawal Fee.  I called Customer Support.  They asked me to verify my address, and I gave it to them.  They responded with "That is not correct".  Long story short on THIS incompetence is I moved 9 months before and immediately changed my bank address online, and never had a problem with prior calls for support until now.  It turned out the old address was still on file but had NO ACCOUNTS ASSIGNED TO IT, all 5 of my accounts were properly assigned to my current address BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DATA WAS OUT OF DATE (even though there was no problem LAST MONTH when I called to have them correct yet another problem and the statement address was correct).  Had to answer a bunch of security questions to verify my account.  Forced them to DELETE the erroneous address.  THEN we finally got to my problem.  You're allowed 4 withdrawals before a fee is charged.  I had one, but they pointed out 2 TRANSFERS TO CHECKING which are NOW considered to be "withdrawals" even though the money is still in the bank.  I pointed out that was only 3 withdrawals. The rep said "but there's a more recent withdrawal".  I pointed out that there was a withdrawal one day AFTER the statement period, therefore it should not be counted and, if it were, it would STILL BE within the 4 withdrawal limit.  The rep begrudgingly reversed the bogus charge with a $3.00 credit.  I pointed out to him that Chase has the most incompetent Information Technology department I've ever dealt with.  I will be closing all 5 of my accounts at the earliest possible opportunity.  THIS IS THE MOST INCOMPETENT BANK ON PLANET EARTH!!!

Chase Holds My Money Hostage

Posted by: exit8 | Apr 5, 2014

They took money from checking account at another bank via ACH transfer and then demanded that I provide proof that I was authorized user for that other checking account and was going to hold MY money hostage unless I did what they demanded.

They claimed that this was to prevent criminal activity.

If they were that concerned, shouldn't they have verified *before* taking out the money from the other account?

Background:
I opened up a Chase Total Checking account online. I had a coupon for a bonus.

I followed everything as directed by them on their website. To fund the Chase account, I linked it with a checking account I had at a local bank. Chase deposited two small amounts and immediately withdraw the amounts. This standard for verification. Went to the webpage to tell the amounts, and everything was fine.

The next day, I log into Chase.com and was denied access. They had a message telling me to call toll-free number that turned out to be their Loss Prevention Department.

They didn't even have the courtesy to call me.

Jokers!

I am immediately taking my money out after the required 6 months to get the bonus.

CHASE - Worst Bank In America

I made the mistake after depositing $15 into my Chase account of asking a simple question, "Do I have sufficient funds for now?" The cashier charged me $15.07 to answer that question and put me in the hole by 7 cents. Instead of asking me to pay the 7 cents or by correcting my misconceptions that questions are free to ask. Chase charged me $25 for putting me in the hole by 7 cents. When I queried the $25 charge for 7 cents - they told me it was standard policy because I owed them the 7 cents. So I stopped using my account. I then get another hit of $25....because I did not pay them the first $25 and 7 cents. I was gob-smacked. How dare Chase treat their customers like dirt. I will pay them the $50.00 and 7 cents and then I am closing my account. Since I make $250k a year they just lost out because they charged me $50, and stole my $15 for a simple question.

Greatest bank ever

I really enjoy working with this bank. This is the first bank I have used since my first savings account was held at a different location. When I opened my first checking account, I chose chase. This choice was based on my family having used this bank for a long time and had great success. I personally have experienced great results as well. They have a fantastic mobile app and even a service that allows one to text a code to the bank and immediately receive your b balance. This is very handy for a quick balance check without having to login to the app. Everything I have seen is very secure with multiple verifications required before any new device log in is allowed. I have also had fantastic customer service in the way of alerts to potential fraud and easy replacement if I lose my card.

Best Bank!

Posted by: Kales | Feb 9, 2016

My experience with Chase has been GREAT over the past few years. Every time I go in there the tellers greet me and ask if I need anything else after I sort out my business. When I need to see a banker about my checking account they work with me and make sure what I need to do is done efficiently. I am never told nothing can be done there is always something they will do that will satisfy me. I love going to the ATM to deposit my check, its so convenient than going inside and writing a deposit slip and waiting in line. The receipt even prints the check image on there if you want, but you have many options.

Automatic Pay Nightmare

I used to make my apartment lease payment using the automatic bill pay. After using it for 6 months without problem, things took a bad turn.I always pay my rent a week ahead of time. Imagine my surprise when the site manager knocked on my door on the 6th of the month to say my rent was unpaid. l immediately checked my online account and saw that my rent payment had been debited from my account. I called Chase and spoke with a rep who said that my rent check had been sent. They asked me to verify all my info,which I did. They advised me to wait for another 5 days to see if it showed up. I told them I couldn't do that because I was in danger of more late fees and a 3-day notice to pay or quit the property. I told the rep to void the check so I could write another check directly to my management company. They would not do it since their info showed the money had been sent, and they suggested that my management company had misplaced the check. I called my management company,and they assured me the payment never arrived. I showed my property my online payment so they would know it was not my fault. They seemed to understand and said they would give me a few more days to see if the check arrived. It didn't. The management company started to pressure me to give them another check. I couldn't write another check because Chase would not void the payment and credit the money back to my account., and I didn't have enough money in my account to write a replacement check. I went online and cancelled all my automatic payment accounts. I called Chase and asked to speak to the branch manager. and after I ranted and raved about my predicament,he finally agreed to void the payment and put the money back into my account. I immediately paid my seriously overdue rent by personal check. This was on the 21st of the month! A couple of days later I checked my bank account and found that the automatic bill pay had again debited my account for the rent that was due in a few days. I was livid. I called Chase, and they claimed they had no record of my cancelling the àutomatic bill pay, and had already sent the check to my management company. I was furious,but I was pretty sure that a second check surely couldn't get lost. I was wrong. Once again the payment never arrived at my management company's office. On the 11th of the month, I took a bus to my Chase bank branch and demanded to see a vice president. I was so upset that he immediately cancelled payment on the second check,p ut the money back into my account, gave me a free cashier's check and made sure it would never happen again.. Three weeks later ,both voided rent checks arrived at my apartment management company. Chase never admitted any wrong doing in the whole fiasco.I have never used their auto bill pay again. Thankfully,my management company never charged me any fees,and my personal checks always reach them now.

Chase Bank's Competence

Posted by: Pat2 | May 22, 2014

As a student, I am afforded a great deal of leeway on banking - i.e. no required minimum quantity in my checking account, or any yearly fees. My experience with Chase bank has overall been stress-less with the services I've used: cashing in checks, withdrawing from atms, using the smartphone app to check my balances, and even currency exchanges (my miniscule chase bank in Edmonds, WA took in Polish paper zlotych, which was convenient).Additionally, for the 2 times I've had fraudulent charges on my account from online credit check websites, the customer service has been forthright with cancelling my current card, refunding me the charges, and delivering me a replacement card within a couple of days. Overall, I've had no qualms or issues with Chase Bank (other than possibly not offering certain features online that are required in person, such as opening a separate checking account on my bank account.

Took My Money

Stay away!

I had a credit card loan for which I paid the interest up front. You know the kind - pay 3% up front and no interest for nine months. After three months - during which I made all payments on time, of course - they started charging me interest anyway.

When I called them about it, they refused to refund the interest - AND refused to provide an explanation!

I paid off the loan early, and closed both my credit card and my checking account. I won't do business with ripoff companies.

Chase On Line Banking Full Of Issues Not Made Public. Only Find Out By Being A Customer

Posted by: direne57 | Mar 18, 2011

the chase on line system does not send e-payments to many standard merchants.  this has caused issues with late payments because there is a 5-7 day delay in the merchant receiving your payment.  it is a paper check mailed!  why have on line banking if paper checks are how they pay most.

Why I'm Changing Banks

Posted by: goodday33 | Jul 20, 2013

I'm a long term Chase customer, before Chase I was a WaMu and was fine with their service all along.  I've had some very positive customer service experiences, so no complaint there.  However I'm rethinking my loyalty having gotten a 6 dollar service charge, unexpected and very quick action on their part because I lost my job and no longer had direct deposit.   There was no heads up or warning and I had just enough funds to cover utilities before that unannounced 6 dollar service charge.

I'm starting a new job in two weeks. I was going to set Chase up on direct deposit and close the second account at had at a bank practically next door to me.  That 6 dollar fee that is going to make a payment bounce made the decision that my business is going elsewhere.    In fact, my direct deposit will go to the local bank close to me and I'm shutting my account at Chase immediately.

This is not my first experience with unexpected fees from Chase.  Its probably in some fine print somewhere.   Another thing that has happened repeatedly was the denial of my debit charges when I had the money in the account to cover those charges.   I had to leave the checkout counter call chase and ask what was going on.  They simply declined because they were unexpected charges on my usually very frugal account.   This happened 3 times, money in the bank, plenty to cover it, denied card with people in line and trying to explain I don't know what happened the money is there.   I had to go into the bank in person to verify it was me spending my own money....

$125 Bonus For Chase Checking with DD - But...

Posted by: frugalmom | Jun 16, 2010

My Chase credit card has this offer page for $125 bonus if I open a Chase Checking with direct deposit. I opened the account online but had a few questions, so I gave them a call. First since I was not provided the account # when I applied online, it was long and tough to get to speak with a banking rep, since the phone menu doesn't provide the option (i.e. you must enter an account # to speak with a banking rep). The system transferred me to a credit card rep, then a banking rep, then an online banking rep. Needless to say it was annoying. Finally when I got to the online banking rep, I was so ready to cancel my application. But the rep told me that if I "close within 6 months there is a $25 fee!" Gotcha! "OK, then, please tell me my routing number and account number so that I can set up the direct deposit," I said. But the rep informed me that they don't give account number over the phone and I have to wait for their form to arrive. Although I was able to log in through my credit card account to see the checking account, the webpage only shows last 4 digits of the account number. So I have to wait for the letter now.

By the way if you want this $125 deal, go to the post office and get the change of address package thingy. It has the Chase coupon inside. I notice those coupon codes are unique.

I am looking at their Account Disclousures and it mentioned that the Closing Fee applies if account is closed in 90 days. The rep told me 6 months. Hmm...

"IT's A TRAP!!"

Chase is terrible, I could write a whole paragraph or two describing my own personal experience of the nickle and diming, the payment protector having to be repeatedly cancelled, the "revolving intrest," and poor customer service represenatives who mumble trash talk about you while your on the phone with them. Rather than waste your time with the details, just take my word for it, stear clear of this one.

P.S. I never wanted them in the first place. They bought my old bank.

Chase Checking Review

Posted by: YNABER | Apr 1, 2015

I received a flyer in the mail a month ago about a sign up bonus for opening a Chase checking account, it was free money so I thought why not? So took the offer to the bank and open the checking account for Chase, took about 30 minutes and I was done. To qualify for the bonus I need to make a minimum $50 deposit to open the account and set up direct deposit totaling $500 a month within the next 60 days. Took 2 weeks to get direct deposit set up from my employer and after that it took about 3 business days for the bonus to show up (they said 10 so that was a plus).
I like the convenience of having a Chase bank to be walking distance to my house. The people their are friendly and would automatically give me my account balance even when I don't ask for it. The Chase app is cool because I like to do the mobile deposit feature where you take a picture of a check to deposit it which I think is neat. The other cool thing was I recently refinanced my mortgage with chase so I also qualified for the 1% cash back from opening a checking account with them as well. I do have to keep the checking account open for at least 6 months otherwise they will take the bonus paid to me back but that is not a problem. A $250 direct deposit every 2 weeks satisfies the conditions. Over all I'm happy with this bank.

Not Recommended - Very Poor Protection From Identity Theft

Last week the bank sent me an email alerting me to possibly fraudulent activity with my debit card.   Sure enough, the bank had issued a duplicate card to someone who called in by phone.  They sent it to a location over 100 miles from my address.

I called Chase immediately and waited on hold for 20 minutes before a person answered the call.  They transferred me to one department after another.  Each person I spoke to gave inconsistent information about what had happened and what I need to do to fix the situtation.

One representative refused offer any information but simply repeated that they suspected a family member or someone with authorization to access my accounts had made the purchases.  I do not have anyone autthorized to access my accounts, so this made no sense.  Another representative told me that there was nothng Chase could do in this situatin - effectively that this was my problem to deal with - and offered no assistance.

After being transferred 5 times, the sound quality of the call degraded with each sucessive transfer.  Finally, the voice on the other end was so completely uninteligible, I had no choice but hang up.

I called back and insisted to speak with someone who could help,  after a long wait and multiple transfers to departments, I was told I would have to wait a few days to "see what happens" with the charges and then visit the bank branch where I originally opened the accounts.

It's been 3 days since I discovered the issue.  The bank branch has been closed.  And the identity theft has transferred funds out of my savings and gone on a shopping spree.

I've been absoluely shocked by the total lack of accountability or aassistance from Chase.  Once this matter is finalized, I will never have any dealings with them again.

Chase is a good business institution.

Posted by: Robert3 | Jun 11, 2014

I've used Chase Bank for years now and I have to say, they have done a fantastic job managing my finances and other things I have with them. They're very intuitive in knowing what to do with my money and keeping an eye on it. In the past years I've had various security breaches of my identity but Chase has always safeguarded my money so I personally always had access to it while those other people did not. I highly enjoy going to Chase and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to start a savings account or a checking account.

Never Missed Payment Or Overdrawn

If Chase bank is an option for you, fight like hell to avoid it! If you have a Chase account, read my experience, and others on this site, and get your money out of there while you can!
Chase bought both my mortgage and my credit card from other institutions. It made sense, therefore, when they suggested that a Chase checking account would be convenient, especially since there are no Chase branches within hundreds of miles from my residence. On-line banking would make things convenient. This week my access to my on-line accounts was closed, due to "Recent activity." Hours on the phone and escalating to their executive office got me only a promise that I'd get a response within 24-48 hours. A week later I got a call after business hours refusing to tell me what suspicious activity surrounds my accounts, and offering the only way to access my accounts is to go to a Chase branch and document my ID. Yes, they do understand that there is not a branch for hundreds of miles from me, No there is no other recourse, NO they will not tell me what suspicious activity is happening. They suggest I just send them checks from another bank to keep my mortgage and credit count paid up. I see other reviews in which accounts have been closed without warning, I can only wish they would do me the courtesy of closing mine. I never miss a payment and never overdraw my account, so I understand that I am not a profitable customer for their consumer banking services, but that is no excuse for lack of integrity. I have no Idea how I will get my money from them, or the mortgage documents I need for things like tax preparation, how I can monitor credit card activity or keep up the payments. Short of taking days off work and driving or flying to a Chase bank I am in limbo with no recourse, and their "Executive Office" thinks this is appropriate service under their terms of service.
The only reason I give them 1 star in this sites ratings is because it will not accept a zero star review.

Chase Bank Review

Posted by: Jose2 | May 20, 2014

I have been with Chase bank for as long as I have been earning income. So far they seem to be doing a good job, but I feel that they aren't as competitive as smaller banks because they are so large and have been around for so long. I feel that they should continually make an effort to draw in and retain customers to hold up their image. I will admit that they have come a long way since I first opened my account with them, including mobile banking which is a life saver at times. One thing I would argue is that their current interest rates are abysmal. If one thing could improve it's that. There is absolutely no incentive when it comes to opening a savings account unless you're in the top 1% of the economic ladder. Overall, I will continue to bank with Chase since I could literally find a branch everywhere I go (in NY), but if a competitor begins to be as common and convenient with better rates, I won't think twice about moving my cash somewhere else.

Mobile Check Deposit Is Misleading

I have been a Chase customer for years and have 5 accounts with them. I always go to my local bank and deposit my checks. However, I have always wanted to try the mobile check deposit, as they advertise it to be so more convenient. I have a car payment that comes out of my account every two weeks. I deposited a check on Saturday night before Columbus day. To make sure my funds were available for Tuesday withdrawn for my car payment, I read the apps deposit information which states, "Deposits made before 11PM will be deposited the next business day. It was Saturday before 11 PM, which would make my check clear on Tuesday according to the app. However, on Tuesday the money was not available. I called the bank and they said because it was a weekend it takes and extra day. Now how is that convenient for me? I now have a check that isn't going to clear and a car payment coming out and they are going to collect a NSF fee, all because they did not tell me about this extra day because of the weekend. I would have keep the check and went to the bank on Tuesday because it was a Chase on Chase check that would clear immediately. So I am NEVER using the apps again to deposit checks. BTW Chase, it is not convenient to keep customers money longer because it is a weekend. Most people get paid on the weekend and can't wait till next Wednesday to pay their bills. I suggest you change your apps to reflect that weekends you hold money longer, because the way it reads now, it is misleading and false advertising. Your misleading statement on the app, which I relied on to make my deposit, has caused me damages, in the form of NSF fees from your bank and a fee from my car payment bank. Not to mention, when I called to speak with your customer service department, my experience was less than desirable, and could be describe as flat out rude. Chase misled me and possibly many others and has cause may customers NSF fees that could have been avoided. If they should have worded the app differently to alert their customers before their deposit to reflect that weekend deposits take yet another business day. This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Set Up To Charge Overdraft Fees

I used to have a very convenient feature on my accounts where I would receive a text alert if my checking account has a low balance. All I had to do was reply to the text with the amount I wanted to transfer from my savings, and done!
About a year ago Chase removed this feature without letting me know. I noticed it when they started charging me overdraft fees of $34 each. I complained but to no avail, they removed one of the OD fees and acted like they were doing me a favor. So they talked me through setting up the text alerts, but then I got hit again with another 3 OD fees! I called to complain but they left me waiting to speak to a supervisor. Then 2 weeks later I get hit again! 3 more OD fees! I was so upset I went to the local branch, the banker was able to determine why I wasn't receiving the text alerts, it turned out to be some flaw in the system. He fixed it and I received a text on my phone immediately after he fixed the issue. So naturally I'm expecting to have those OD fees waived, since it was a Chase system error coupled with the fact that I had sufficient funds available in my other account. But no. They told me they "literally can't do anything about it" and slyly blamed me. I had been with Chase for over 20 years, since it was 1st Chicago, so I got tired of paying these unreasonable fees and took my money out. They did reverse 2 OD fees but that still left me with another 5 totaling $170!
Last year alone, banks charged over $30 billion in OD fees, so I don't expect other banks to be much better. But it will be the time Chase gets anything from me. I am moving my money and my mortgage elsewhere. I hope stealing that money was worth it for Chase.

Worst Bank Around,

Posted by: Jrnyfan | Mar 17, 2012

worst bank around, this pos bank suck they try and suck every little charge our of you that they can. I have a text alert that would text me if my account was overdrawn but now they seem to like text me the following day after they have collected their 34 dollar fee you p.o s, i call and they say welll it was over drawn before 7 pm and that is when the cut of time is to avoid the overdraft fee, well  thanks for the F n text the next moring at 630 am tellling me, your bank sucks will never bank with you again nor recommend you

Not The Friendlist

Posted by: silli586 | Feb 20, 2011

I have gone to our local Chase bank and have not had the greatest service. I feel they are extremely pushy with wanting you to open accounts and bank with them, and pushines only pushes me away. I have also found that their interest rates are among the worst in the area I live in. When I told them this, they explained that they have the advantage of having good customer service. I have never been treated with overall friendlines, and would definitely not consider keeping accounts with Chase.

Very Pushy Workers And Ridiculous "Deals"

Posted by: louisC | Feb 18, 2011

My experience at Chase hasn't been a positive one. Although i love the atm, and the check deposit, i have found that the workers are extremely pushy. I just have a checking account but every time i go, in they try to convince me to move all of my savings with them, even though their rates are identical to my current savings credit union. I don't understand why they need to be so pushy, always offering me fantastic deals. What i want from a bank is reliability and easy access, not lottery schemes.

Chase Business Account

I am a small business owner who had a personal and business account with WAMU. They then got taken over by Chase.  I have been happy with the account. Nothing wonderful about it, but no reason to move to another bank either. However from March 1st 2011 they will be charging $15 a month for the account. I can avoid this charge by taking out a Business Card with them and then spending $1000 a month on it or by having a balance of over $7000 in the account.

I have an AMEX Business Card which I get cash back with, normally around $300 a year. I love AMEX and really do not want to start using another card. So I either start to pay $15 a month or move my account else where.

I am very dissapointed by this. I plan on expanding my business by the end of the year and I think it is very narrow minded of Chase to do this.

Of course I will be moving my bank account. Just have to decide where.

Excellent Service

Chase bank always provides excellent service in person or via phone. I have never have had any problems with them and they are very prompt on getting any inquiry resolved quick.

Chase Closed An Account Without Notice

Just opened my business account with Chase. Deposited a check (an OFFICIAL cashier check) from another bank. Over the sudden I found out that my account is closed. Why? Because of suspicions activity, they answered. WHAT? Depositing a check is a suspicions activity? They try to convince me it was a fake check. NICE BANK!

From Wamu to Chase

I have had Chase bank since they were Wamu. I didn't know what to expect with the merger but I decided to take my chances and not close my account. I have now had them for years and find them to be one of the best banks I have ever had. I now have a Credit Card, Checking and Business account through them. I love that they offer transfer options between other banks and find the customer service to be extremely friendly. I use to over withdraw a few years back a lot. I just wasn't managing my money well. So called Chase & spoke to a Rep and told her how I really hated being hit with the fees. She assisted me in setting up email alerts when I went over a certain amount and an analysis tool that helped me see what I was spending most of my money on. Well I do not over withdraw anymore! I really like Chase and trust them with my money.

Worst Bank In Case Of Fraud

Posted by: danigaes | Oct 4, 2012

I´ve been victim of a fraud, someone used on me a drug that makes you lose your will, so you do whatever anyone tells you to do and you tell them anything they ask you. The police has opened an investigation on this subject and has told me that is something that happens often here in South Florida. In my case they stole from me my debit cards both from BofA and Chase and used them in some ATM´s (obviously i gave them my PIN number, obviously against my will), and credited stolen 5,000$ cheks in both accounts through ATMs too.

Well, the thing is that just a few hours after the theft happened I cancelled my debit cards and the next day I made a claim at both banks both for the withdrawals and the credited checks. While in BofA returned my money to my bank account and opened an investigation on this subject, it just took two days to Chase to tell me that they considered the ATM withdrawals as authorized and that they where going to close my account!!! They did. So what am I? I think that I had enough beeing a victim of such a crime that involved a considerable danger and embarassment to me, but in addition Chase consideres me what... a criminal or something? In addition, this account cancellation is going to figure in my history forever... accesible for any bank

So as you can see I´m very disgusted with this bank, They can offer you the best but then when the time comes to help their customers to solve their problems I cant count on them so worst bank ever!!

Chase bank for me

Posted by: ebolen70 | Aug 18, 2015

When I visit Chase bank, I am always greeted with a smile. Their friendly and fast service makes me always feel important. Their mobile application is easy to manage my account. When I have a problem, they always solve it in a timely manner.

Aweful Sums This Bank Up Pretty Well

Aweful. Don't waste your time.

OK By Me And I Was A Bank Regulator

Posted by: ecconn | Jul 18, 2013

Despite bad rep, has given me more than a grand in various account and card bonuses. "Personal bankers" vary, mine have been both bad and great; watch for their cross-selling as they get bonuses for each new product type sold just like a car showroom.  Suggest to deal online for effecting many transactions and for answers which are provided rapidly.

Chase nothing fancy but be careful with add on Fees.

Posted by: Tim2 | Jun 30, 2014

Chase is the one of the largest Banks in the U.S. and it is extremely well capitalized, so trusting them with your money should not be a problem. I have had a chase checking, now two, for over tens years. Chase use to offer free checking with no minimal balance, now its with a $1,500 minimum or $500 direct deposit per month. If you drop below the $1,500 the just for one day in a month they will add on the $12 monthly service fee. But, if you have a long history with them and a decent overt all balance overtime, they may waive the fee, you must call them and ask to have it removed. Checking accounts are not linked so each account needs to have the minimum balance, but savings and checking are and also an investment account like an IRA; therefore, only one account would need to have the $1,500 to waive the fee.
The interest rates paid on savings is very, you would do much better with an online bank and no interest is paid on my checking, which think is the same for all checking. I have a large balance in one of the accounts and still get no interest.
When you call them their customer service is very good, a quick response and very professional and no phone bank in some far away country.
On finally point, Chase is also an investment bank and sometimes in their branches they will have young bankers who may try to sell you some kind of investment product, usually for customers with a large balance. One young man even call me at home a few times, after I spoke to him at my local branch about a small issue I had with the account. I politely declined his offer and it was not a problem for me.
You also may do matter buying checks from separate company who make checks, they could be cheaper than Chase's check.
Overall a nice bank, good customer service, but just watch out for added fees.

I would definitley recomend Chase Bank

Posted by: katcher06 | Jul 16, 2015

I initially opened a credit card with Chase bank and enjoyed the experience so much that decided to take advantage of their 300 dollar reward for opening a checking account and setting up direct deposit. The process was super easy as well as quick. I didn't even talk to an actual teller. I was able to do everything online. The mobile application that Chase uses is extremely user friendly and has all the features needed.

Chase bank

Posted by: fathom | Jun 22, 2014

I've been with chase ever since they were washington mutual. I think they were a better bank back then but I'm still with them. Call it laziness to change banks but how different are banks really. They have a monthy 6 dollar charge which is annoying but like I said, most banks do the same. Their online banking is pretty decent. The one thing really hate is the 24 hour hold on all checks.

Night Deposit Security - Smalll Business Beware

Posted by: dcirulli | Jan 9, 2011

During January 1st holiday period, a deposit was made using the Night Deposit box at Chase branch office and they lost the deposit.

Chase at has taken no effort to reveiw the video tapes to see if it was stolen (either from external source or internal source.  They originally promised to perform this task but after a week of constant calls, they have yet to do this and now back peddling on completing this task.

The solution from Chase and only answer at this point is to call the dozens sources for the checks, pay the stop payment and re-issue fees.  .

As a small business, these deposits are the life line of the company.  This mistake is costing us thousands of dollars.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chase is GREAT!

Posted by: mtwhite | Jun 26, 2015

I have been with Chase bank ever since middle school when I opened my account with them in 2001. I haven't ever had a problem with them, they seem to be in every city I go to so that's convenient, I never struggle to find an ATM. I love that I can deposit cash directly into the ATM. I also love the quick pay mobile banking they have. I also comes in handy. I trust Chase with my money.

My Chase Bank Review

Posted by: Kfun | Jun 11, 2015

Chase Bank in my opinion is the best bank to bank with. I have had several bank accounts in my life and Chase is the only bank that I never had issues with. The customer service was always top notch. Any time I ever had a concern someone within the bank was able to help me in a timely manner. My bank statements were always very easy to understand and checking my account online was never an issue either. I have experienced with other banks that sometimes checking my account at odd hours of the night just confused me. But with Chase everything was always clear and precise and I was never left wondering what I had just looked at. Another thing I love about Chase is they have locations all over the place. It is never hard to find a convenient location. And I appreciate that Chase does not cause me added stress in my already stressed life. Chase is definitely the bank for me.

Services Other Than Revenue Producing.

Posted by: duvall702 | May 21, 2015

This branch on Dunham Road offers all of the services that produce revenue for JPM/Chase.

They do not accept R.E. taxes as other local banks do. They also will not notarize, this has to be done at the library.......can you believe it! My accts. are well funded, not looking for any "free handouts".

Insurance Company Check Payable To Chase And Me

Posted by: jryan429 | Aug 26, 2012

I received a check from an insurance company for a flood that occured 8/6/12. I went online to determine he process, and found very scary stories concerning Chase. I moved ahead and found the process. They wanted to know that I was current in paying my mortgage - okay - that makes sense in this "upside down" environment. They wanted the 1."adjustor's report", 2. the contractor's estimate,3. a lein waver from the contractor and an 4.affidavit from any other lenders with an interest in this property. A daunting list of requirements to be sure, but I have a check, so most of the work is done. No contractor will give a lein waver until his bill is paid, so I may have to borrow against this check. On 8/25 I went to the bank with the documents I had (1,and 2 and the check). I had no other borrowings on this property. I had a positive attitude and the knowledge that I will be talking to a person who knows nothing about the scary stories on the internet.

Twelve minutes later I left the bank with the check endorsed so I was able to use the funds that day. I spoke to an understanding, helpful  person and the process was positive professional and kind of fun. I acheived what I needed to do and it was just fine. The check was under $20,000. I will pay the contractor when he is finished, and hope to have this "challenge" behind me in less than 25 days. The bank does this work every day and they are good about it.

Chase Bank is An Excellent Bank

I have had many wonderful experiences with Chase Bank. I have a checking account with Chase, which is called "Chase College Checking." This account allows me to have a $5000 spending limit, and in addition, as long as I supply them with my college transcripts, I pay no fees whatsoever as long as I don't overdraft. Chase has the option of having a savings account too, although I do not have one at the moment. After speaking with customer service on a few occasions, they are very friendly and eager to help every time. Although I have no experiences with Certificates of Deposits (CDs), I know that Chase accepts them and has no problem with you using them. Overall, I really love Chase Bank, and as long as they are in business, I will remain a happy customer that is loyal to them.

Difficulties Of Online Banking?

Today I set up my elderly mother’s bank account online so that she could transfer money to her grandchildren a few states away. Chase required a lot of information from her that she did not understand and since I was not listed on her bank account, I couldn’t help her set it up. I think chase should let their elderly clients have an option where they can add their children to their account in case of hard hearing etc.

Worst Bank Ever!

Posted by: joey2410 | Jun 18, 2012

i called them to put a freeze on my account for some activity that i did not authorize and they said they could not do that, so they let the account accumulate 600.00 in over draft fees then they put a freeze on the account, then they freeze my primary account...now i cant access my funds....so don't open an account with these rip offs...

One of the best banks out there

Posted by: DonaldKim | Mar 10, 2015

Chase is one of the best banks out there. Their customer support is amazing and they are very helpful with whatever problems you are having. There was one time my car was broken into and had my wallet stolen. I had to go to the bank to cancel my cards and get new ones and they were very helpful and friendly. They helped with every step from canceling my cards and getting new cards in under one hour. I feel they really care about their customers and want to make the customer happy. Their rates are also very competitive and you cant go wrong with them. I have had my account at Chase bank for over 5 years and so far it has been one of the best choices I have chosen in my lifetime.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: BobAllande | Mar 5, 2015

I have been a little short on money. I receive income from many sources. When my checking account doesn't have enough to cover a check they have always allowed me to cash the check using my savings (which is low) then deposit what i want in to my checking. they claim they take a risk but they always do it.

Large Sums Of Of Cash Disappearing From Checking Accounts

Since Chase took over Washington Mutual,  cash has mysteriously disappeared from my checking account.  2 atm transactions will appear on my activity report, when only one atm transaction took place, therefore twice the amount is deducted from my account.  This has happened more than one time,  my adult son has also experienced the same thing.  When it occurred the first time, I was hoping it was just a glitch in the system, but when it happened to my son it became questionable,   because his incident took place at an atm located in another county. I've experienced this twice since Chase took over WAMU, never with WAMU.  Whether it's a glitch in the system, or someone within their banking  system who is finding it very easy to steal from unsuspecting customers because of all the advanced technology which is readily available to commit a federal crime yet difficult to trace,  it's  still a very stressful situation which I'm most certain will push their customers to switch to another bank.

Not the best for travellers/expatriates

My bank is JP Morgan Chase. I lived in South East Asia for five years, during which time I frequently needed access to my bank account and credit cards. I handled my banking through the Chase website. It is easy to use, fluid and fast loading even with the primitive wifi connection I used overseas. A few difficulties I had were that the website was often down for maintenance when I needed to use it, as their maintenance time was in the daylight hours in the country I was living in. Also the large fees for international wire transfers made it difficult for me to transfer cash between my bank accounts in both countries. When I was ill overseas and tried to be admitted to a private (and more hygienic) hospital, I needed to use my ATM card to make a large deposit, but my card was declined and I was not given access to my funds. I therefore had to wait for a family member to transfer the money to me before I could enter the hospital. Since I have been living stateside again, however, I have not had a single problem with Chase and it has been adequate for all my needs.

Great bank for checking

Posted by: jaysee | Feb 18, 2015

I have been using Chase for many years and I am very satisfied with the business. The main account type I use with them is checking. There are many branches around my areas if I ever need to drop by and handle account situations in person. What I like the most about Chase is their customer service. when ever there is strange activity with purchases, I get an update to verify and make sure everything is okay. This has saved once when my credit card was stolen. They put a hold on the unauthorized purchases that happened before I could report my card stolen. I was able to cancel the purchases and get a new card with little trouble. Chase is a very dependable bank and I recommend them to anyone looking to start an account.

Worst Customer Service I Have EVER Had To Try To Deal With

Posted by: Velzy | Mar 9, 2012

Worst bank I have ever worked with. Maybe it's just the Boulder, Colorado branch, but I have tried writing several times via their website and still have not had any issues resolved. Since I first opened my investments with Chase, I STILL have not had anyone explain the enormous fee I was charged by the institution I transferred from, Chase just assumed I wanted to pay it even though they now say it was an unusually high amount that should have been questioned. Gee thanks Chase.
 I was told I had no fees on my investments for 1 year, at which point I was told to open a checking account to avoid any fees. Guess what, CHASE sold some of my stock to pay an annual fee in 2011. It's now March of 2012 and still nobody has resolved or been able to explain this to me.
And here I sit...literally years after trying to resolve the first issue, but employees there seem to come and go faster than I can keep up with. So it's I who ends up driving from Denver to Boulder (several times to try to resolve these issues) to the office, still with no answers. Only the same promise each time that it will be taken care of. I'm tired of waiting. I'm now sharing my experience on every blog and review site. I hope someone at Chase prints my message out and shares it in a meeting.

DOVER NJ BRANCH IS HORRIBLE!!!

Posted by: nursynurse | Mar 5, 2012

I work for a company whose accounts are unfortunately handled by CHASE. I had been going to CHASE in Dover NJ for many years and let me tell you that ever since that branch was given a new manager (DAVID) the customer service quality SIGNIFICANTLY dropped. This guy has absolutely no idea how to handle a business. I can recall several instances in which I saw David walk pass by me and other customers with a rather distasteful look on his face as though he clearly hated his job. I was also there with my daughter on another day when he came out of his office and cursed in front of everybody. What a neglectful and uneducated individual. I changed banks and I could not be any happier with their services and customer service!!!

Very Bad Banking Experience With Chase

Posted by: Braveman | Aug 23, 2013

I have dealt with several banks in the past 13 years or so. I would say that my experience with Chase Bank is by far the worse of all. I have had all kinds of problems with them, such as declining my credit card reward benefits, failure to send money on time, making mistakes in wired transfers, etc.  I DO NEVER recommend this bank.

Banks are scams and this ones the worst

I knew a guy who worked there as a personal banker. They tell you that they like customers with high balances who are good with their finances, but what they really prefer are customers that overdraft cause then they can charge them a bunch of fees. I had an account there and they would make it so that they held my transactions till the last minute so they knew I would overdraft. They tell their employees that overdrafting is an unavoidable part of a checking account but its a lie. Overdrafting was invented about the same time as credit and debit cards so they could make more money off of you and afford to give out free checking.

Nothing like family

We love Chase Quick Pay. My sister and I use Quick Pay to send money to each other almost instantly. Although this really benefits our children with their fundraisers and raffle tickets most, it doesn't matter that we are states away and adds one less thing to our lists of errands.

Totally Overrated

So I got a chase account when I got some money as a gift from parents. I decided I need a bank account to keep my money safe. So when I set up my account I particularly and very specifically told the bank representative that I didn't want overdraft. I also found that I was slightly willing to overlook the monthly fees, because the bank was located right down road, so it was convenient for me. However, I quickly realized that they charged me hidden fees, and over drafted my account. Charing me 60 extra dollars to my account. So now they want me to pay me money, going so far to threaten my credit account, and at this point I will pay them over my dead and rotting body.

Bad Bank And Customer Service

Posted by: basel | Jan 28, 2012

my account always in good standing in this what they call them selfs bank ? then i tried to get access on line and it gave me a message that my account in active , called customer service? hard to get human to answer the phone. if you lucky and you get to them a very bad customer service . bottom line they close your account with no explination and in top of all that they hold your money for more than 15 days ?????????

they are just thieves wearing suits

Reliable, Friendly and Convenient

I have been a Chase customer for over five years now after several unsavory experiences with a few other banks. Signing up for my checking account was easy and free and the people at the branch were very friendly. I did not feel pressured to purchase other accounts or add-ons, which was VERY important to me. On return trips to the branch I have always had a positive experience. Employees are friendly and helpful.

Aside from this, I am most happy with the convenience that comes with being a Chase customer. The website is easy to navigate (with a very interesting rewards page!) and the Android phone application allows me to deposit checks without going to the bank. This has saved me so much time and hassle. I also use Chase Quick Pay to quickly send money to friends and family - it's secure, fast and much better than going to an ATM to take out an inexact amount of money. I LOVE CHASE!!

Good Overall Experience.

Posted by: Myrdok | Jan 22, 2015

While I have not gone too in-depth into the services that chase offers, I have opened and maintained a checking and savings account with them for just over ten years now. Therefore my rating about their competitive products may not be the best judge for that area. I have, however, had an experience that allows me to rate their customer service, I feel, pretty accurately. I used the Drive-up ATM at one of their locations and deposited 6 $20 bills for a total of $120. The machine only counted 5 and was only going to deposit $100. I cancelled the transaction and was given 5 new 20s. I went into the location and was greeted very nicely by a banker who opened a case for me in about 15 minutes. I said I would like to be notified by email and 2 days later I was credited the $20 and got an email with an apology. Can't ask for anything better than that. Their mobile application leaves something to be desired for me, personally. As fees go, I don't really like the way that they do it. I am a teacher and therefore have no income during the summer. My account has to have either $1500 or a direct deposit of $500 or more monthly in order to not be charged a fee. So during the summer as my account slowly dwindles with no deposits, I am often charged fees for 2 months. My other experiences have all been very basic, but pleasurable, and I would recommend chase to anyone.

Chase Bank, Great Service Worth The Extra Fee

I love Chase Bank. I have to drive out of town to get to my nearest branch but that has not kept me from leaving them since I moved. Recently I quit my job and no longer have direct deposit so I got slapped w/ a $12 monthly fee. But to avoid the fee I was told by a branch manager to simply have someone send $500 from another account each month. I haven't tried it yet but she said it will work. I don't mind paying the fees. They have great customer service. I love the online bill payment and person to person quick pay. You can make deposits at thier atm's & the check image prints on the reciept. You can use mobile banking and other features that just make CHASE better. I can view my statment history online for serveral years back (without a fee). I did get swayed by another bank in my town offering $100 to open a new account. I did not close Chase, just kept it on the back burner while I tried out ONB. Within 2.5 months I was putting my money back in Chase. The branch manager even refunded some of my bank fees because I decided to stay with CHASE.

Paid Off Home Mortgage Trouble Wish I Could Say Zero Stars!

Posted by: thrup | Jun 14, 2013

Nightmare.

We refinanced our home for a much better interest rate(6% to a 3%) with another company because Chase would not refinance us. We closed on May 6, 2013. Funds released on May 10,2013. Chase loan was paid off May 12. Home Equity line as well. We recieved a late payment notice around May 20,2013. We called to make sure all was paid off and ok. Yes it was...showing no balance other than $100 odd dollars in interest from the home equity line of credit for some reason. Fortunately I forgot to stop the automatic payment set up and they got overpaid, but it was indeed paid off. We asked if they could deposit the money back into my husbands checking account they said no it would be paid by check and take about 10 days. Ok fine....Here comes the good part....I received 14 letters, 4 certified, today, June 14 ,that they were forclosing on our house. First off we owed 6,000.00 on our first mortgage that we had with them for 15 years, and 64,000. line of credit. House has over 100,000 equity....really??? You are sending me 14 letters and it has all been paid???? called to complain and find out what the heck is going on was told oh sorry , yes it looks like it was paid in full on JUNE 12,2013.......What??? Well who sat on the paperwork then? Who paid the late fee that would of accummulated? Who paid the interest that would of accumulated? Did someone use the money for a month? Did you automatically generate a letter to the credit reporting agencencies too? No answer, Im sorry you will have to write a complaint to this address they dont take phone calls. Ill show them how to report a proper complaint. We are pulling out even our checking accounts. Beware!!!

Chase And Access To Account Information

Using their investment services means that you cannot access
any of your accounts from just any computer. Washing Mutual was so much better.
You must allow these cyber morons to install a cookie on your computer. This is then a weak link in your security which makes you more vulnerable to hacking. Find another full service bank

Bank Policy Put Me In A Bind

Posted by: SLuser | Dec 28, 2014

Had a Visa Account with Chase, always paid my balance every month to keep a good credit rating. Didn't realize that I hadn't used it for a year, went to the garage for repairs, tried to use my card for the bill about $2600 dollars, card was declined. I wrote a check and looked into the problem. Chase has a policy that if you don't use your card it will be terminated without notice. I won't bother getting another card with them, that's inconsiderate to make such a change without notice. I travel often, what if I were out of state and was checking into a motel, I would be furious.

Satisfactory

Posted by: Dana923 | Dec 28, 2014

I have used chase bank for approximately 2 years. I do not have very much interaction with them since I use direct deposit for my paycheck and do not really do much beyond that, but they are always very friendly when I do have to go inside. They were extremely helpful in making me aware of highschool and college checking without pressuring too much. When I got ready to go to college, they were very friendly and patient with switching it and making polite conversation while doing so. I'm not certain that I'd recommend this bank for those with more complex banking needs, as I have heard some bad things about them such as excessive fees for withdrawals in excess of your account balance, however Chase does offer a convenient app to accurately track your purchases, as well as a friendly and inviting environment to those who just need a checking account.

Chase is one of best bank in my opinion

Posted by: LeaderTNT | Dec 24, 2014

I already tried to work with some banks in US but only Chase bring me satisfied experience. Custom service when I come to work with local branch is very good. Bank staffs work very effectively. Everytime, I come for transactions such as deposit, withdraw money are done in very short time. Moreover, their attitude to customers is very polite and professional. When I getting trouble with direct deposit in my workplace, I came directly to Chase local branch. They deal with my problem almost right away. Then, giving me some advice if in case the problem rising again. I feel like the customer service is always available when I need help. Moreover, I also use online banking application in my smartphone. This application is very simple to use with a very user-friendly interface. For me, Chase is the bank I ever worked with.

The best big bank

Posted by: joeyc | Dec 24, 2014

I've been banking with Chase bank for many years now. They are by far the bank that I've had the best experience with on the big branch scale. One of the benefits that all big banks have are that there are branches and ATM's everywhere you go. I have found chase to always have a close proximity to me, wherever I am. Secondly, they have the best customer service from these big banks. I am always greeted with a smile and a greeting when I walk in. Anytime I've needed help with my account, there has always been a personal banker there to help me. I've never received any hidden fees like I have with my prior bank. Every so often, the personal banker associated with my account will also take the time to meet with me to see if he can improve my account in any way. My personal, business, and investments are with chase and I've never had to worry about my money. If I have a strange transaction, they are always there to make sure it is me that is making that transaction. Their security is amazing. The only thing I can gripe about is that I pay a monthly fee for my upgraded account and the pricing for it could be lower in my opinion. But you get what you pay for I guess.

Chase Review

Posted by: KMACK | Dec 4, 2014

I've had great experiences with chase bank. I am on their college student account and I have not had to make any monthly payments of any sort. I also am not required to have a minimum balance in my checking or savings account which is extremely helpful although there is a $300 fee to begin a savings account which I have not had the money to start yet. One thing that I have observed that I do not like is that they are no longer accepting those without chase accounts to deposit cash into my account. The person has to either write a check or give a money order which can be a little inconveniencing. The mobile site is fantastic. Any time I go into a chase bank their customer service is great and it's a very professional environment. It was very easy to start an account there and there are many locations for banks and ATMs.

My opinion about Chase bank

Posted by: gaw | Dec 3, 2014

I will give my opinion about Chase bank compared to Washington Mutual. I applied to Washington Mutual Bank but eventually ended up at Chase bank, with much fewer benefits. My experience with Chase bank is somewhat negative. Before the great recession I was with Washington Mutual, and was very happy with them and their service, then the recession hit and Washington Mutual failed, with that, Chase bank bought them out. Soon after Chase began putting in new products and fees all, which were not as good as the products I had under Washington Mutual. An example of these changes was my free checking under Washington Mutual; Chase added a $10 monthly fee. Chase also canceled two of my credit cards stating that I did not use them enough; therefore, Chase was canceling the accounts. All these increased fees and canceling of my accounts has given me a negative impression of Chase bank.

My Bank Review

Posted by: MI | Nov 21, 2014

I have been a customer at Chase for many years. They have always been very helpful and friendly. Once, I had some trouble and over drew my account twice in a row. They charged me two $34 fees but reversed them upon request. Another time, someone evidently stole my card number and did some shopping in places i don't go. Chase called me immediately and I had my money back in my account in less than an hour. I'm staying with Chase thank you.

Not WaMu but Not Bad Either

Posted by: Parker | Nov 4, 2014

I was a WaMu customer for years before the takeover by Chase. I honestly loved WaMu and was really disappointed in the takeover, transition, etc. I honestly didn't care for Chase for maybe the first two years of the takeover. Now though, I've come to like Chase in many ways. Firstly, their ATMs are everywhere! Its so nice knowing you can withdraw money, deposit money, etc. so conveniently and quickly. Second, the app is great! It is probably the best phone banking app out there! Customer service in the branch is very good but telephone service leaves a lot to be desired and I generally avoid it. I have never really had a very good experience with their telephone customer service which is disappointing and unfortunate as I can't always go to a bank. That said though, the bank customer service tends to be better than average. Bank staff are always professional courteous. All and all, I am much more pleased with Chase now than several years ago and I can't see leaving Chase for another bank.

Chase Is Making It Hard And No Common Sense In What They Say No To

Chase bank is trying to change the good American ways!!!!! I am a contractor and have been for a long time... I pay for products out of my pocket in CASH, and ask my customers to pay me in cash so most of them write me a check to CASH and all other banks will cash it since they take a finger print and 2 forms of ID's with all the info they need on the person cashing it!!!!! I had the most HORRIBLE experience today at the chase bank located in Lake worth on N. 10th Ave and Florida Mango dr. 2601 10th Ave N, Lake worth FL - ( Ellen Burnelle) the manager that could not tell me if the account holders are even aware of the fact that chase bank does not cash check made out to cash, even with all the identification and finger print!!! I am a contractor how am I to know which bank has which policy... I am working hard just to get paid on the job I did and all they say it "NO" I swear this is what one of the managers at the location told me... "I am saying NO" just like that.... when I ask is there any other bank that does this she says yes there are plenty ... I ask name one.... she says nothing!!!!!!!! I ask if she can just this time call the account holder and make sure the check is in the right persons hand and she says NO!!!!!!!! What has America come to? How can they change the rules and ways we have been doing business for years in this country and also be so very mean about it!!!! I had my uniform on and was just coming back from a job and even dough she was not presentable with her hair flying everywhere and just the way she carried herself and talked with me was the rudest I have ever witnessed!!!! Of course if a guy like me loses his temper he is going to go to jail... But how can they make a hard working man feel like we are from a lower class, because they are the only ones trying to change the way all banks work!!!!!!!!!!!!

excelent banking services

it almost 2 years i am working with chase bank, the bank have plenty of Branches as well as ATM Machine which my banking service flexible, Bank have very friendly & helpful Customer care services, The banker are the branch are kind & helpful, they are open to help me out all the possible ways,

Most of time i check my balance online, feel chase.com is one of the secured website on which we trust easily, Site don't allow you to login from unknown location, also if you login from unknown location it will ask you for secondary login details i.e. one time password so that authenticity of person login is verified,

Also the bank alert you if you they see any transaction on you account which help you to protect yourself from fraudulent transactions, also bank have zero liability possible means that if any fraudulent transaction is made on your account you will not be held responsible for the same, which most required in now days

Chase Customer Review

Posted by: Trace | Oct 23, 2014

Chase bank has been my preferred banking service since I started depositing money. They are fast, reliable and there are many locations that are convenient. I love using their service because I can always use my phone or check online for my balance.

Best Bank for New Graduates

Posted by: Eric14 | Oct 22, 2014

Chase is a very convenient and accessible bank. The fees that are charged are simple and reasonable. This is an excellent choice for recent college graduates who don't need fancy services and just need a bank to save and use money quickly and easily. The mobile app has helped me save so much time since I got it, and I don't think I have actually had to go to the bank or an ATM since I got it. Deposits are processed quickly.

I Love This Bank

Posted by: LMGale | Jan 3, 2013

I still have the credit union account my parents helped me open when I was 12, but national banking is often necessary. I got a Chase Freedom card a few years ago after doing some research, and opened a Chase bank account this year when I started traveling a lot again. I think I've got the best of both worlds by banking with my credit union and Chase. Their customer service is as personal as the credit union's, teller hours are convenient, credit card customer service is prompt, friendly and solutions-oriented. I've banked with Bank of America and Western Union at times in the past, and the experience with Chase is much better. It's like flying Southwest instead of Delta.

Reliable, many ATMs and locations

Posted by: Dalton | Oct 20, 2014

I use Chase bank purely because it is available in many locations. Previous banks that I had used would always present an issue becuase I tend to move frequently, and my former banks weren't always very accessible. Now, everywhere I've moved there is a Chase right down the road, not to mention numerous ATM locations. My only complaint about Chase is they have the standard iffy and sometimes clandestine fees for silly things, so every now and then I am bummed to find a $35 dollar charge.

My Experience

Posted by: wells89 | Mar 9, 2011

i personally love this bank i alway go inside to cash checks or deposit i dont wait in long lines, and if i have a question its answered accurately. opening an account is no big hassle either over recommend this bank

Chase Bank, Meh Fees

I've been with chase for a few years now. Mainly just no-fee credit cards. I have one for Amazon, one for cash back (got it for the sign-up $200 bonus for $500 spent), and a checking account for some cash back. My complaint is mostly with the checking account, as I know not to get credit cards with fees and pay it off at the end of every month.

The checking account charges $12/mo fee if you don't do direct deposit into it, or maintain an unreasonable minimum amount in the account. I think this is silly, especially considering I know how many free, fee-less checking accounts are available out there. I'll be closing the account once I've claimed the bounty on the account.

Medicority is on Par

I consider Chase to be a "mediocre" bank, basically, because they have pros and cons with each of their services. For example, if something bounces, they will charge both for the bounced fee and a negative account fee, so basically, you get double charged. However; they also allow your account to go negative as much as $5 with no fees at all. Their credit cards are not the lowest interest rates, however; they also have options for people with poor credit and some pretty good rewards programs. Customer Service over the phone is no good, you might as well be calling another country because they typically put you on hold for long periods of time, and have trouble following your questions and finding solutions. The call center once accidentally closed all of my friends account, when they were actually supposed to be closing her mothers accounts. On the contrary, in-person customer service is excellent. I have never had anything but a friendly teller and I have seen personal bankers in the branches go above and beyond for customers. One personal banker helped a little old lady who didn't understand the internet sign up for direct deposit online. Another personal banker called the call center for a customer. For best customer service; develop a relationship with an in-branch personal banker.

Tried all the major banks.

I have both checking and an auto loan with Chase.
They have always been friendly, service has always been good.

As mentioned I have an auto loan. At a time when the car broke down they allowed me to skip a payment to help pay for it. As the car was only 2 months old at the time this was going above and beyond. Was nice to see.

All in all my experience with them has been good and I would recommend them.

My Favorite Bank

Posted by: Rolly | Oct 7, 2014

I really have no issue with Chase Bank, located at Garvey corner Valley Blvd, El Monte, CA. I've been using their online & other bank services for almost 7 years now & I never tried to transfer to any bank because I am comfortable, & satisfied with their service 24/7. Although, I use only few of their services like deposits & withdrawals, I find QuickDeposit to be very convenient. I think they were the first bank that introduced that feature, it saves me a lot of time & the hassles of driving & going to the bank. I just take a picture of my signed paycheck & it's done, it will be credited to my account the following day. And if I want to pay somebody, I just use their Quickpay, I can send and transfer money using my mobile phone.

Their staff are very professional & friendly. I remember, one time, they called me to inquire if I used my debit card & made some purchases online in Israel (of all places) while I was here in California working. My debit card was used fraudulently by some crooks & they reversed the charges & refunded me the whole amount. They were quick & very accomodating. Long live Chase!

Posted by: JustinTime | Oct 6, 2014

I have been banking with Chase for years now and I have never had a single issue with them. Their customer service is always helpful and proactive. The bank itself is nice and located nearly everywhere. I mostly enjoy their web presence. I use their smartphone app to pay my bills, transfer money and keep track of my finances each week. Chase has been a no hassle bank and continues to treat me well as a customer.

Overall Great Bank

Posted by: ChrisZ | Oct 4, 2014

I have been with Chase bank ever since they bought out my previous bank, Washington Mutual. During these years with Chase bank, I have opened a checking account, savings account, low-APR credit card and a reward-points credit card. I have been extremely satisfied with all my interactions with Chase bank employees. They've always been helpful and extremely polite and professional. My only gripe with Chase right now is the $10.00 service fee they charge if you don't meet monthly requirements. Overall would highly recommend using Chase bank for your financial needs.

Never had a problem

My husband and I switched from Bank of America to JP Morgan Chase about a year and a half ago. We were quickly becoming disenchanted with Bank of America and were fed up with their fees and shady business practices. We had received an offer of $125 to switch so we did! From the beginning, their customer service was fantastic. They have never been anything but helpful and kind. Their website is very easy to navigate and there are virtually no fees. We're very happy that we've switched to Chase.

The Best of the Big Banks

Posted by: Al3 | Sep 21, 2014

I have been a long time Chase customer. The main reason why is that they have tons of locations and you can find their ATMs everywhere. This makes it very easy to access your money everywhere you go. Every branch I have visited has had short lines and friendly tellers. I recommend this bank to everyone.

Typical Big Bank

Posted by: nick | Sep 17, 2014

I have had no problems banking with chase. They have lots of locations all over the USA and it is easy to find an ATM. Rates are comparable to other national banks. I have always been treated well by anyone I've spoken with. Overall a decent banking experience.

The way I feel about banking

Posted by: B | Sep 17, 2014

I've had a decent experience with this bank over the years, they have given me good service when I needed it and told me about what the best options for saving are. The fees are not fun to deal with and I don't understand why I need to pay them if I keep a positive balance and my history doesn't show that I have had the minimum balance amount needed to keep the fees from happening but it's understandable.

Banking Review for Chase Online

Posted by: Heather14 | Sep 16, 2014

I have banked with Chase Bank for the past three years. They offer online banking and several apps for phones and other devices. I can access my bank account from anywhere I go. I can make deposits with checks while sitting at home and never having to drive to my local branch. Chase Bank has assisted me in overdraft protection and sends me alerts if my account is getting low. I get to choose what balance my account is before alerts are sent. They have great credit options and options for business accounts available. They have drawings around Christmas time and you can when up to so much money around then. My checks from work are direct deposit with Chase and I have never experienced any problems with them.

Best bank ever

Posted by: cheib | Sep 16, 2014

Chase bank in my honest opinion is probably the best bank going, I have been with about 5 other banks and nobody can touch Chase's customer service and helpfulness. I get alerts 3 different ways from chase anytime someone tries to use my card and they even will block suspicous purchases which has saved my butt well over a 1000 dollars.

Chase

Posted by: Marcus2 | Sep 15, 2014

I've had chase for about 10 years and I'm very satisfied. They've refunded my only overdraft fee as a courtesy. I use their mobile app to send "quickpay" payments to family members and I love that the funds show up as available immediately. Happy customer.

Posted by: runner | Sep 2, 2014

This in a very convenient bank to be a part of in terms of access to your money. You can take it out whenever you please from a variety of locations and ATMs. You can also transfer money to different accounts with ease through Chase Quickpay. The only downside is their rates for savings account, like many banks they are very low.

Review for Chase

Posted by: XT | Aug 29, 2014

Chase bank is a good, solid bank for the Midwest user. Has a tiered system where the more money you have with the bank the higher status/perks are afforded to you, similar to most banks. In general there are a lot of ATM locations and branches in Chicago which make it a convenient and great bank to use. Customer service is also very good and lines are short. The website is okay, security is good but the formatting could be improved and sometimes navigation is sketchy since hitting 'back' on the browser does not work too well with the website.

Cheap no frills banking

Posted by: CJ | Aug 29, 2014

I have been with this bank through the Washington Mutual acquisition. Their services have stayed consistent through the years. Fees are resonable but do not expect stellar customer service. I try to avoid the brick and mortar banks and utilize the ATM and mobile apps as often as possible. I do not find the branches to be adequately staffed and most of the services I use have been automated.

Chase - A great bank

Posted by: tanya14 | Aug 29, 2014

Chase bank offers all the usual services-credit card services, payment of bills, savings and checking services. They have a great mobile app that shows your credit card purchases, your savings and checking balances and offers the ability to pay your bills. You can also transfer money from 1 account to the other. Their customer services inside the bank is superior. They go out of their way to help you and are extremely friendly. There are many locations and ATM services are free at all Chase ATMs. Some branches offer safe deposit boxes to store your valuables.

Beware! Does Not Hyonor Offers. Assigns Personal Bankers Who Are Not There.

Posted by: econ | Sep 6, 2012

Bank SENT me without prior knowledge, a bonus code for opening checking account for $125 bonus.  Tried to fund after opening,  Automated Clearing House collection could not find my other account at something called Bank of America.  Sent note asking to fix  to my "personal banker" assighed to the account.  He had left the Bank.  Tried to deposit checks at branch to fund, was told account had been closed.  Tried another offer, was told could not do business there as computer rejected me for having a closed account.

Posted by: Acer | Aug 18, 2014

I have loved having an account with chase. The have always been so so helpful to me and my family. Whether it been my checkings or my savings I feel like I can really trust them. Their mobile tool also makes it really really simple to do banking from home. The fact that I can check my accout whenever I want is just fantastic. It also helps that they have locations at nearly every walgreens store. I love walgreens so the partnership is a make made in heaven for me. Chase bank makes everything so simple and i love it.

Decent

My experience with Chase has been pretty decent over the years. I initially banked with Washington Mutual, but then it was bought by Chase and I was too lazy to change banks. Using their web services is fairly easy and quick. There are no fees to utilizing web services such as checking your accounts, viewing transactions, transferring money, paying credit cards, and more. I once had a very suspicious charge to my credit card and reported it via a web form and within a few days, the charge was removed and my money was back in my account. Also, several times they said that my credit cards were compromised, and they sent me a replacement card immediately. Their ATM's are easy to use and can be used to deposit checks and cash into. I can't remember the last time I actually went into one of their locations. There are some fees, however, to using their service if you don't deposit enough money or keep enough in.

An Excellent Bank

Posted by: Chase | Aug 13, 2014

I've been with Chase for about 7 years now. They have been quick to respond to questions and any requests I have like ATM card replacement. I needed a new card 2 times in a short period of time and they did not charge for either. They have offered me good interest rates on auto loans and my credit card through them is the best that I have. Their online banking is really easy and makes life a lot easier. I will continue to bank with Chase and hopefully soon will apply for mortgage through them.

Chase Bank Review

Posted by: Nickel | Aug 7, 2014

I opened my Chase checking account, and credit card (Freedom Card) a few months ago and I have been nothing but happy. They offer good rewards, and the checking features are great! The bank employees have also always treated me well when I go to a branch. The credit card rewards are also much better than my previous credit card so that makes me very happy! I do not like the fees associated with the checking account; however, they are pretty easy to get around.

Chase Through the Years

Posted by: Joshua | Jul 26, 2014

Chase has actually been surprisingly nice to work with. Although the occasions have been rare, when something does go wrong they usually get it fixed up fairly quickly. However, there has been a ton of run around when trying to settle things over the phone, sometimes taking upwards of 30 minutes just to straighten things out.

At first, they used to put a block on my card if I bought something out of state. Sometimes an online purchase would put a block on my account. Eventually they started to figure out my shopping habits and I had them notify me over email whenever a big purchase goes through. Their online banking has been absolutely wonderful. Everything is streamlined and simple.

Overall, I'm glad to have made Chase my bank of choice and will continue to keep them as my personal choice of bank.

Fees Fees Fees

Posted by: DarlaB | Jul 21, 2014

Chase has pros and cons. The in house customer service was always outstanding! However, my two calls placed to the 800 number left something to be desired. On one occasion I asked them to fax proof of payment to a debtor. I was told that they are a bank, not a fax service! The other time I had asked to place a freeze on my account and was told I could only do that at a branch office. So I drove over 50 miles to get to one and found out that is not true.

If your checking is overdrawn, you have until 11pm to make a deposit at the atm, which is nice. The atm's don't require envelopes.

Chase was offering a $100 reward for opening a new account and following a few steps, which I did. After a year or so I had overdrawn my account. They paid the overdrafts and charged me a fee. $37 per item! I was grateful that they paid the overdrafts to a point. Unfortunately, I had several auto pays set up and this had a snowball effect. I asked them to make my account a "deposit only" or "freeze" my account. They refused. Chase became a bigger entity than myself or the employee trying to help me.

My overall opinion is that it is a nice bank as long as you don't make a mistake in your checking or ask them to for help. It's like they hand you a rule book when you open an account and then you are expected to be the perfect customer or you will pay out of your pocketbook.

Decent bank

Posted by: ana | Jul 15, 2014

Chase is overall a decent bank. They always answer quickly if you need to call them but most of what you need to do can be done online. I like their mobile check deposit option as well as overall options in their mobile app. The online experience is decent - regular for a bank I would say. In the branches most people are nice. They are hit/miss with verifying you via SSN if you don't have an ID with you though.

Decent Bank

Posted by: Larissa | Jul 15, 2014

Chase has a lot of branches which is very convenient for anyone. However, the interest rates on the checking and savings accounts are very low (you can easily find higher rates out there), and there are other fees that get to be a pain. A certain number of withdrawals from savings will incur fees, and ATM fees are taken from both Chase and the ATM itself. Otherwise, their site and app is great and you can do a lot of things from them (including taking a picture of a check to deposit it). They also offer a number of decent credit cards. I'm sticking with them for now.

As a blind person

Posted by: EmaE | Jul 7, 2014

My experience with Chase has been a mostly favorable one, but there are obviously many ways the whole process can be improved. Because of my vision impairment, I have to place a very large amount of trust on whoever I deal my business with at the bank, which makes me uncomfortable and weary about my dealings with an associate I am not used to. The process I feel could definitely be improved by having a large majority of the paperwork digitized and letting each associate have direct and portable access to these documents with some way for the computer itself to read the paperwork out loud for me to verify, and an option to email all requested documents to my personal device so I can see them as well while I am still at the bank on my own equipment.

Best Bank By Far

Posted by: Chris3 | Jul 6, 2014

If you are looking for a bank that offer it all, you need not look any further! Chase has everything you will need in a bank. Their customer service is excellent, which to me, it the most important thing when finding a bank. They are secure and offer excellent online banking solutions as well. I've been with Chase bank for over 8 years now and I have never had a complaint thus far.

How I feel about Chase

Posted by: Blazer | Jul 5, 2014

Chase bank is great. I love the service. They are located all over the south and where I live. The also are located in every walgreens which is my favorite store of all time. The coupling is great for everyone. The online service is very convent. When ever I feel the need to check my account all I have to do is look on my phone. I once encountered a possible credit card fraud and all i had to do is call in and they stopped it and refunded me without any problem. Overall I love chase and I will be using them for as long as I can.

Good bank if you meet their strict terms

Posted by: Michael14 | Jun 27, 2014

Chase is a great experience with excellent customer support, an awesome mobile and online presence, and one of the largest chains of banks in the country so you're never far from a branch. The only real downside are their potential fees. You'll now need to have direct deposit or a minimum balance to avoid high monthly fees on their checking account. In addition, overdraft fees and other charges for mistakes have gotten more expensive. Assuming you never overdraft on your account and have direct deposit tied to it, you should have a pleasant experience.

Chase is awesome bank

Posted by: dextrin | Jun 23, 2014

Chase is a great bank to have an account with. Whether it's checking, savings, or a credit card they are just great. They have awesome customer service, great features and have been my bank for the past 7 years. A lot of the banks around me are closed after 5 and on the weekends, but all the chase banks have times that can meet my needs. The application and website work great for me to pay any bills or monitor my accounts.

My last 5 years experience with chase bank.

Posted by: AlexM | Jun 20, 2014

I am having my checking account with chase bank for last 5 years and my overall experience is very satisfactory. My bank manager has developed very good relationship with their customers and we can approach her any time for any issues.This bank is being here for 210 years which provides innovative financial services. It has very strong base all over the country with 20,000 ATMS and 5,600 branches.
Their website and mobile app experience is very satisfactory. I can do almost every bank related transactions by website or mobile app which saves me lot of time. They have very good competitive products which helps customers like us better. Their fees are bit high compared to competitors but I would still prefer to continue my relationship with chase for all other good reasons mentioned here. I definitely recommend my bank to my friends and relatives.

Excellent customer service, not excellent fees

Posted by: nat2 | Jun 19, 2014

I've had so many great experiences with Chase. When my wallet was stolen, the charges incurred from the thief were immediately back in my account. Forgotten pins, lost cards...problems have always been solved quickly and painlessly. However, I was recently between jobs and because I wasn't making monthly direct deposits or keeping enough money in my account I was charged $10 monthly fee. Not ideal. But overall, I'm very satisfied.

Standard big bank

Posted by: teo | Jun 17, 2014

I have been banking with chase for about 7 years now. When I set up the account I opted out of overdraft protection and have never had a single overdraft fee. The accounts have been free for the most part. I really like the website, I have had no problems accessing it or doing what is needed and have made use of the features like bill pay. Overall I would say it is a typical big bank experience.

Mistakes happen.

Posted by: Krystal | Jun 15, 2014

Chase is a reputable company and I can only give one small complaint. I was once filling up my gas tank, knowing I had the money to cover and when I went to pay, my card was declined. My account was missing short $50 which put me in the negative. After calling up Chase, it was determined that it was their mistake. They were nice enough to fix it right away and I do understand that mistakes happen.

My bank

Posted by: Dixon | Jun 8, 2014

I have been with this bank for over 20 years. At this point I don't know why, but I'll list some things they do well. They are pretty good about any fraud issues as most banks I would think would be but most recently I had a big charge pop up and they took care of the issues very quickly. In addition they provide you with a wide array of products you need. From mortgage,car and personal loans. All is avail through this bank. You don't get the mom and pop feel that sometimes I miss. If you are looking for a bank for your banking needs this one isn't too bad.

Chase And Its CEO Jamie Dimon Stink . . . Can't Wait For JPMC To File For Bankruptcy Protection

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 18, 2012

The THEFT of WaMu Bank is an outrage.

A common thief goes to prison.

But if you have enough stroke in Washington D.C., and enough politicians in your pocket, you get to increase Chase's dividend, and announces $15 billion buyback of its stock . . . right AFTER Washington Mutual Bankruptcy was signed, sealed, and delivered over to JPMC in WaMu's bankruptcy case. Literally within days of closing this authorized THEFT of the now defunct WaMu.

What comes around goes around, Jamie . . . here's to you and your bank . . . hope that you're the next one to be taken over by the feds and then handed (i.e., "gifted") over to another more deserving bank.

Please do NOT do business with these thieves.

Great Online Services

Posted by: dkrmar | May 26, 2014

Chase bank really stands out in its website and mobile app. I am able to get regular updates through text message on how my account is doing, as well as warnings if my checking account gets too low. The website is very easy to use, seems well protected, and I have never had an issue with it. It allows me to transfer money between my accounts flawlessly. In person, my local Chase bank was very nice inside, and all of the customer service I've ever had to deal with was very friendly and helpful. I don't think I'm ever going to switch my bank if I don't have to. I am very happy with my experience with Chase.

Good Experience

Posted by: Cleo | May 23, 2014

I have had a checking account at Chase on Long Island in New York for a few years. I am very pleased with their web site which makes it easy for me to follow my transactions and download or print them for tax purposes and record keeping. They have several easy to find ATMs. I also have a Chase credit card so I am able to do my banking in one place. The local branches are friendly and helpful. I cannot judge an experience with loans with Chase as I have never used them for that reason.

Website Is Awful...

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 23, 2012

The most horrific and unreliable website I have ever seen. I would be afraid to put money near JPMorgan.

Chase Master Card - Bad Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 20, 2011

Very bad customer service. I had a dispute, they asked for documents ASAP, then they sat on the documents for a month, did not contact the other party. When I called them, they told me I got no case. Later I found out that they did not contact the other party at all. I had to use other means to resolve the dispute, and got my refund. No more Chase card, or bank for me, my family and friends.

Was Satisfied With Wamu, Now Satisfied With Chase

Posted by: uuu77777 | Feb 18, 2011

I am a member at Chase bank after they bought Washington Mutual who I was very satisfied with.  I was worried that I would lose the excellent customer service and privileges that were offered to me as a member at WaMu, but not only did Chase retain those privileges, but gave us more.  I guess I don't ask for that much out of a bank, but for what I do, Chase has delivered.

HORRIBLE SERVICE

Posted by: Anonymous | Dec 31, 2010

THIS BANK IS VERY HORRIBLE ABOUT GIVING YOU YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN YOU HAVE FRAUDULENT CHARGES. EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS ALL YOU INFORMATION, THEY BELIEVE THEM OVER YOU!!!!! SO AMAZING HUH? CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, I THINK NOT!!!!!!!! AS SOON AS I GET MY MONEY BACK I AM SWITCHING MY BANK. I AM VERY UNSATISFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credit Card

Posted by: philstacy | Jun 18, 2010

I have a rewards cedit card from this bank and have had no problems. They do what they say they will do and customer service is responsive. I forgot to pay on time once and when I called they waived the late payment fee of $39.

CHASE CHEATS!!!

My wife has a Chase Bank account.  When we found out Chase would convert some Euros we had to dollars with no commission since she was a customer, we decided to use them to convert the currency.  BIG MISTAKE!  While they charge no commission, they cheat you on the exchange rate, BIG TIME!  The going rate for Euros on the day of our transaction was $1.34 for each Euro.  Chase only gave us $1.25 for each Euro - basically charging 7% for them to convert our funds.  This is such an outrageous charge, the bank ought to be prosecuted for theft.  I will NEVER trust this bank again and we will close our account ASAP.   DON'T TRUST THEM AND DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Attempt At A Loan

Posted by: erictowle | Mar 13, 2013

I called chase about a loan, so i could finish my addition..

2 months of paperwork,several attempts to get a manager, and in the end they said they do not do these types of loans...

I can not believe they could screw up this bad!!!!

never use chase for anything,please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chase Bank Rob This Disability Person Of Many $$$$$!!!!

I am person robbed by Chase banking institution.  As a person with multi disabilities, I feel because of 9000 dollars set away for many services of medical disability, related to job incident, robbed and assaulted in classroom by gang of African student, and some other darkly skinned minorities, Chase think it could take my money and use the excuse that I was mentally incompetent.  But I am very aware of whats going on around me, as I am a publish author of many interesting book, and critically acclaim International artist of many beautiful painting.  Because of disabilities, my mobility ability has detered me from moving around like normal intelligent human being.

Therefore, I have been ignore by Chase bank!!! On and about 2008,  I have been trying to get someone to listen to me about this injustices.  You see, I put 85 thousand dollar in Chase bank.  But through many mystery, all monies dissappear, before the year January 2010!  On June 2009,  I put my social security check in as well through direct deposit, which is electronic deposit.  But my money somehow all went up in smokes, in about three months! For some unknown reasons, Chase allow someone to enter my account, with my checking account number, and put in $250 So I try to get account changed.  But I was ignored, as Chase think person of many disability is of no value, like stray dog roaming street! In the year of 2010, someone call chase and cancell my debit card.  But Chase fail to obtain my proper permissions for this change to my account with many of my monies from disability payment from prior years!

I found out when I tried purchase something, Chase was also double charging me; I have tried to set up appointment with the bank.  But I was ignored!!! I found in the beginning of this year, Chase deleted my account summaries, without my proper permissions,  after asking them not too!! No one contact me from the bank!!! Chase continue to tell me that thousands of my disability dollars was used with my debit card.  But that was impossible, as I believe in paying cash for all purchase! When I asked for investigation by security official, there was no letter informing me of investigation!  I told the bank and, they were aware someone in there office was stealing my money, some $45,000 dollars!  But Chase do nothing but ignore me & steal more of my disabilities check!

My Social Security check went so fast! I had thousand of dollar, when I added Social Security check through electronic direct deposit.  That money miraculously vanish into big air too! My identity was stolen! And Chase knew it!  But they think it's ok for criminal to scam me because I don't move around like healthy person working in Chase bank branch!

They knew it when they allow a woman on Nov 2011 go into my account and add money. I could not prove she added it, as it was deducted out of my account. I did not buy a purple car with giant rims & tires, or did I spend mult thousands of dollars.  So I ask for them to calculate the monies on my summary.  But they would not provide me with necessary assistances, as they think I'm stupid, due to my many obvious manifestation of physical impairment!

I was denied access to my account for one year, and was blocked from entering it. When I went to download it from another computer, most of my summary was blank, stating office use. I did save both summaries. Nevertheless, Chase delete the 2 account without my explicit permissions!!! My Social Security check should have not been touched, because I had a few thousands of dollars, before bank took moneys in bank account, as well social security, I have totally ignored by bank.  How does disability person get this unjust robbery reverse?

Chase Is Ok

Posted by: jimmyc | Dec 17, 2012

I like the fact there are Chase branches in very convenient locations so I can use the ATM at no charge. It has been years since I actually went into a branch though. I keep my checking account at Chase and use their bill pay. I have direct deposit, so it is a free account. I also get cash rewards, albeit small, for using my debit card at certain merchants. I didn't even know this until I saw a small deposit in my account one day. As far as earning interest, I keep my excess at an online bank and transfer funds to Chase when I need funds. This works well for me. Lastly, I have a credit card with Chase which I pay in full each month. I have no complaints.

HORRIBLE BANK--DO NOT USE THIS BANK - DO NOT DESERVE A STAR(-------------****)

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 15, 2012

I am desperately trying to get out of this mortgage with Chase Bank, this has been the worst experience since I've taken over this loan since February 2011. The customer service does not help and they are very disrespectful, incompetent, argumentative and combative. When I went into the branch I had to deal with a bunch of incompetence..no one knew what they were talking about. When my mom passed away and I was trying to get her affairs in order this bank gave me nothing but heartache and grief. I should not have expected much less since during her last few years of her life they gave her nothing but grief causing her to get sick from worry and stress of their constant phone calls... If anyone out there is considering getting a mortgage DO NOT APPLY TO CHASE MANHATTAN..you will regret it sooner or later...looking for a better bank anyone have any ideas of a stress free bank I've been doing some research, but I really need to hear people's personal experiences.

Chase Dropped The Ball!

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 5, 2012

After my fathers death, my wife and I needed to be near my mom to care for her. We approached Chase for a lovely condo in the area. Within days everything was approved except that the condo complex had to be approved. 7 weeks later, right before closing date, Chase realized they didn't get complex approved in their database. This can take up to 2 weeks to do, and now since we are out of contract, sellers may bolt. ALL BECAUSE CHASE DROPPED THE BALL!!! Chase rarely if ever returns calls or emails and gives us no time frame for resolution if any. The ONLY one who seems to care is Jeff at the local branch, who helped us start the loan process. Now my wife's blood sugars are way off and I woke up this morning passing blood. Thanks Chase!

Giving Good Rating, A Couple Of Years Ago They Would Have Got 1 Star

Posted by: lanced | Sep 13, 2012

have had a few experiences just lately, and they have all been positive.  were great with my credit cards, home loan, no problems......they are getting better i think.

No Such Thing As A Closed Account At Chase

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 26, 2012

I closed a small business checking account 9 months ago, and a recurring transaction for a merchant credit card virtual terminal that I only used once a year at a special fundraising event posted. The charge was $38 which is fine there was a mistake the merchant company did not switch the fee account only the one for receipts. This caused a $35 overdraft fee so I wire transferred the $38 and $35 in one wire to zero out the negative balance but then they charged me an "incoming wire fee" of $10 which generated another overdraft fee. Needless to say I think Chase is ridiculous if an account is closed a transaction should reject not reopen because now I have to have the 4 business owners sign another letter requesting the account be closed else there would be a fee for having a $0 balance - this is not easy people have busy schedules and this is a waste of my time. I love how Chase feels it is appropriate to do this kind of bull crap. Grow up and if you are hurting for cash why don't you just be direct and get rid of your "FREE" accounts and charge everyone $50 a month at least then there are no surprises and people can plan that into t their cash forecasts.

My Personal Chase Account

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 17, 2012

I HAVE HAD MY ACCOUNT WITH CHASE FOR ONE YEAR AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM FROM BEING STUCK AT A GAS STATION FOR LITERALLY THREE HOURS UNABLE TO GET GAS AT ONE OCLOCK IN THE MORNING. I CALLED AND THE EXCUSE WAS THEY WERE UPDATING THE SYSTEM THREE HOURS LATE FOR WORK WOW. SECOND PROBLEM, I JUST FOUND OUT TONIGHT MY CHASE DEBT CARD ONLY HAS A TWO DIGIT SECURITY CODE ON THE BACK OF MY CARD. IT SHOULD HAVE THREE. CANT BOOK THOSE AIR LINE TICKETS OR HOTEL ROOMS MANY OTHER PROBLEMS ALWAYS THE SAME ANSWERS. WELL, WE DONT KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED. I'M DONE, WILL BE BUSY TOMORROW FINDING A BETTER BANK.

Curious Prying Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 28, 2012

There is a difference between being friendly bankers and a prying bankers. Chase is a prying bank. I felt like they were doing an audit of my checking accounts, my own personal business and livelihood. It seems like if one banker is assisting you, they call in a least another banker either to advise or steer. I call it ganging up! I would not do business with them especially at the Polaris branch. They do have an awesome online quick pay, but not sure if you would want the low rates and the privacy issues.

They Don't Care How Loyal You Are. They'll Find Any Way To Screw You.

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 3, 2012

I was a loyal customer of chase bank for ten years. I lost my job and asked them if I could keep my account but just freeze it until I get a job. They said no. After a few weeks I was low but not over-drafted, they charged me overdraft fees anyway. After I got charged those fees I really did have a negative balance. Since I couldn't pay the fees they kept adding more and more overdraft fees. I begged them to freeze my account and please give me time to get a job. They took one overdraft fee out but didn't freeze the account. The fee they took out didn't matter because a few days later they charged me another overdraft fee. The bank finally cancelled my account, but I still owe them a big chunk of money.

Does Not Work Well With Quicken

Posted by: Anonymous | May 16, 2012

I have a checking, savings, and 3 credit cards with Chase. Whatever information they are downloading, Quicken cannot allocate my automatic and online payments to the correct account. I do not have this problem with any other financial institution with whom I do business. I have spent too much time reconciling my accounts. I am going to move my checking account to another bank, so they are not dealing with both checking and credit accounts.

Chase Is Just Bribing You

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 24, 2012

Chase will lure you in with cash back rewards and zero interest for the first six months. Once that introductory grace period expires you will be charged a high APY, and you will realize that you sold out too.

Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 20, 2012

I use a Chase in Lima, Ohio (Cabel Road). The personnel are always very helpful and courteous. I would rate them as high as possible. Now, ask me about the people who answer the customer service (probably from India or someplace far, far away) and I'd say at the lowest possible rating.

Do Not Complicate Your Life With This Terrible Bank..It Does Horrific Things To Americans

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 7, 2011

Chase is a terrible corporation and will screw up your life without a thought. Go elsewhere, credit union or some such. But do read the Google comments on "chase complaints" or any of the other thousands of comments people make about this horrible bank.

Good Customer Service

Posted by: earrings | Oct 2, 2011

My husband and myself were on vacation and celebrating our 2nd year anniversay. We visited a Chase branch in Peoria, Illinois at 2301 N Wisconsin Avenue on July 5, 2011. As we conducted our business, an employee by the name of Hurlestine Randle went out of her way to make us feel the most comfortable and welcome. We were really impressed. I will never forget that visit. I really feel like her efforts should not go unnoticed or unrewarded. It would be a perfect world in the banking industry if all tellers were as she is. GOOD JOB HURLESTINE AND CHASE!   From a very satisfied customer, C Y Golden in Indianapolis, Indiana. Thank you.

Horrible Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 27, 2011

Every time I call customer service, they connect me to India. I can never understand the accent, and they keep repeating themselves over and over. This is annoying. I am considering banking with a small local bank that does not outsource to India.

Great Bank

Posted by: boatgirl2 | Aug 9, 2011

Love this bank, very friendly and helpful. When I go into the branch they make sure that my transaction is taken care of quickly.

My banker makes sure I am aware of all the services and benefits that come with my accounts. She gets to know me on a personal level and makes sure that I am saving time and money. Even when she is out of the office the other employees make me feel right at home.

Recently, I learned the auto rates had dropped and now I am saving over $4000.00 interest. Now that's what I call a personal banker always has my best interest at heart.  Check out their current promotions incluing checking account coupons, auto rates, mtg. rates.  I recommend my personal banker to everyone I know!

Good Website

Posted by: GCLove | May 19, 2011

With internet banking becoming a bigger part of banking over the past five years, it is important to me that the site is simple and easy to load on slower internet connections. Chase's dose that and more; they added features that matter to me like the ability to check my balance and history through text messages. They have links for safe on-line shopping, reporting fraud and E-mail scams. These are just a few reasons why I have stayed with Chase through the years.

Good Service Yet Hefty Fees

I'm currently banking with chase and I have to say they are one of the best banks in america. I have never felt more secure with my money than I do with Chase. I can actually sleep without constantly checking my account balance and one time I experienced some fraud on my debit card and I received a credit back to my account with no hassle. Definitely the best back ever. The only draw back is that they have hefty fees.

Posted by: MarjiS | Apr 23, 2011

This is an extraordinary bank! They really try to please their customers, like me. They have the best hours of operation of any bank around. They are open on Saturdays until 3 p.m. lobby and drive-thru. They are so helpful like if you need something notarized or need a money order, they are free of charge. The people are very courteous and always acknowledge you the minute you come inside. Many times they offer coffee and pastries for the customers.

Losing Me As A Customer.

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 6, 2011

Chase bank has hit my crap list. I have 3 checking, 3 savings accounts (1 credit card $0 balance), and they are going to start charging me $12/month on one of the checking accounts? $144 a year? It's my piddly little gas/allowance account I only put $240/month into. I hate the hassle of resetting all my direct pays and net billing, but they really are stupid to lose my business over this. 6 years as a customer.

Hidden Fees For The Poor

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 23, 2011

As many people are in the current economic failure of this country, I have been having trouble finding work. Turns out Chase bank is perfectly willing to take advantage of this fact to charge, those who don't put enough money into their bank, an extra $10 monthly fee. This makes perfect sense right? A person who is dealing with financial trouble that the big banks created with their manipulation of the world economy gets to pay extra to the bank for the privilege of using one of the banks that caused the world this trouble?

True, $10 a month isn't much for me, but for others it is, and it adds up. I think it's disgusting that any business would take advantage of the already hard off in order to collect an extra buck.

I will be taking my money, and all money I will earn in the future to another financial institution. One that does not take advantage of their customers.

I encourage all of you out there to join in a boycott of Chase Bank's supremely corrupt business.

Line Of Credit

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 17, 2011

I got a line of creidt with this bank and they are the worst. The government must look into the way they do business. Every month one person says that I must pay so much to bring the balance current, then i get a letter saying i have fees, then when i call i am told that they have been accumulating fees for nine months and every time i pay late fees they put the money into the principal balance and then charge me finance fees for not paying my whole bill. Then when i call again, they tell me i need to send a check for almost one thousand dollars to a fee only payment center. What kind of animals are these people. They say they are trying to help us but every time they sink us deeper into the ground. Now they say that they are based in NY and that everyone's bills are late since it takes ten days to get from our bank in california to their main bank in NY. I think that our congressmen need to kick this bank out of california and that their banking practices are the reasons everyone is losing their homes.

Has any one had this same deal happen to them?

Chase Has Always Seemed An 'Expensive' Bank To Me...But

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 12, 2011

The minimum deposit requirements at CHASE have always seemed steep to me. And I still think that's true. Reading the other reviews - definitely they should read when WAMU was gobbled up by CHASE and not the other way around! Having become a CHASE customer by way of having had a WAMU Free checking acct - I have come to appreciate that there are 2 branches that are very convenient for me. The one closest to me is tiny, but also has long hours - open till 6:p.m. and on Saturdays 9-3! I have decided to avoid the stiff ($8-9 per month) fee for the checking by depositing $5k into a roth Ira 13-month cd ... at a pathetic rate of .2%, I think, but it does qualify for meeting the deposit requirements and will allow my checking account to avoid the fee. One of the reasons I want to stay with Chase is that they appear to have great in/out bank to bank transfer capabilities, and I also hoarded up a LOT of those free WAMU checks! Hopefully I will still be able to use them for years - and THAT would be a savings. I definitely want to have access to a real branch with real people for working out any problems, and the people at the branch are quite nice.

Checking Account And Signature Cards

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 24, 2011

My organization has an account with chase, and it was because we were with Washington Mutual. Chase took over WAMU, and apparently they didn't transfer all signature cards. They have lost them and in losing them, they say it wasn't their fault. They had possession of the signature cards and failed to post them on the computer. Where are the signature cards? That tells me that they are irresponsible.

Negative Experience With Chase Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | Dec 16, 2010

I simply had a very bad experience with Chase. They often tried to charge fees on my account that were not legitimate. One time, they closed a perfectly good card while I was traveling and I was counting on that card simply because they did not renew an agreement with the PBS station I had got the card with at the beginning. That left me stranded in Europe without the financial means that I needed. They seem to be willing to invent new creative ways all the time to get money from the small fish like me. In some cases it was enough to call them and ask what a certain fee was to have it immediately removed by the person on the phone. Just incredibly negative experience.

LOVE My Bank!

I have been with this bank for years and years - starting back when they were Washington Mutual.  I have NEVER had a bad experience with this bank.  EVERY teller is friendly and knowledgable.  There are hardly ever lines at 2 of the branches that I go to, but when there is, they go pretty fast. There are NO fees for ANYTHING, except for overdraft fees, but that is my own fault when that happens.  I now have a debit card that gives me points for every purchase I make (when used as a credit card, not using the pin) AND points for all bills paid online (which, of course, is free).  I would recommend this bank to anyone and everyone.