Chime Reviews

Extremely Disappointing

I've been with chime for over a year and everything was great till 1300.00 was stolen from my account this morning. I had to jump through hoops to file a dispute but after seeing the reviews about fraudulent charges on a lot of peoples accounts, I have no hope of having my money returned to me. I honestly do not think chime cares about its customers. So now my account is frozen and all my money is gone and I have to wait 45 days to probably be denied just like everyone else. I'm homeless and just lost my job due to covid-19. This is just awful.

New Account

I recently applied for the "Chime" card. What a joke. They don't tell you the process during the commercial just how great the card is. Well the application process should have been an inclination that it's for people with great credit. When they ask for your social security number source of income and date of birth, it's to run a credit check. Seriously? If your supposed to be a "debit" card it would be based on what a person have on the card not credit. What a joke!!!

It's Been 3 Weeks And I Still Haven't Received My Card.

What good is a direct deposit payment when I never get to use my money. When I called and asked they cancelled the first card(which I still haven't seen) and sent another one saying it's going to be another 2 weeks.

Chime Is A Hoax

I recently sign up with chime thought it would be convenient for me to transfer n save funds but that is not the case with this bank. I made one transfer and come to find out there were two transfer funds made on my checking account thru my bank....i went to dispute the transaction that i didnt make the transfer funds but had a overdraft charge til the next day it was refunded. However next thing i know my chime account was closed without motice or any explanation to why they close my account but yet have my money. I email them 2x's no responce i call several times couldnt get thru n i even tried to log into my account which i wadnt able to bcuz its closed
I got an email from chime saying they no longer partner with me or somethin like that n my account is closed. Im very angry n disappointed with this bank n with so many bad reviews from other ppl this bank needs to be shutdown n out of buisness.

Chime Is A Scam

This is one of the worst companies... I am so moving from this bank (So called)..Do you know their name the bank for a reason, and we trust him with our hard earned money most of us are mothers parents. I’ve never been so frustrated with the bank before they are not able to send any documentation they’re not able to release any information what are you there for. All I need it was documentation that the amount was approved and speaking to the people It’s just like picking up the phone and calling China. No one knows what I’m speaking of and I can’t make out what they are saying why are we done like this. One of the worst and most stupidest companies ever!!!!!All of them are a waste of time in the facility should be closed being that you have to speak with a robot to get concerns and when you call no one still is able to offer customer service.

Fraudulent Activity

Obvious fraudulent activity on my account with duplicate charges 2hrs away from where I live. I used the card to buy gas and 30mins later a total of 5 back to back atm withdrawals from a location 2hrs away totaling 980$. The atm location only list the city and no address, and Chime finds this not to be fraudulent? And still has not refunded my money. Once it's gone they dont care.

TERRIBLE!!

Its takes DAYS to get any kind of response about missing money. Stories about my missing money changed everytime I finally ahold of someone. Have numerous emails sent with only a handful of responses, each with a different excuse. No one can seem to track my money at all and its been at CHIME for a week now!

My Chime Account On Hold

I have sent them everything they asked for. They keep giving me the run around and asking for the same things. So I filed a complaint with the BBB and Federak Reserve. Now I have to wait for this. Has anyone else had this problem.

CHIME DEPOSIT ACCOUNT

I'm so disappointed. I switched to chime and have only been with them one month. My first check deposit is already late, not early as PROMISED and the app is not working properly.

Really Angry With This Bank

My chime account was recently hacked and my money was stolen and there were also transactions I wasn't aware of regarding to my phone and personal information being stolen. I reported everything to chime that same day. I followed the instructions on the dispute form to report everything and mail it to them. I have even constantly sent them numerous emails about my claim and the next day I've got an email about my claim was dismissed and how they closed my investigation because they found " no error " in my claim.

Terrible First Experience

My account was suddenly deleted, I got an email and a notification alerting me that I had $483.00 deposited into my account before I could reach an ATM my account was closed. I’m not sure if I did anything wrong but I don’t think it was me and it’s been weeks since I’ve encountered this still no check in the mail and just bs automated messages. Help please!

Not To Good So Far

I had green dot and my direct deposit was always there Tuesday no matter what. Even if Monday was a holiday the money was in my account tuesday at 6am. I changed to chime and here it is Tuesday morning at 7 and still no money. Never should have changed.

They Are Terrible

When the card first came I was excited about the possibility of getting paid a couple days early. The first issue was the routing number printed on the paperwork that came in the mail with the card was wrong, so I ended up receiving a check from payroll. Now 2 paychecks later, and set up with the routing number shown in the app it is noon on the day that it showed up in every other account, still nothing in chime. Over it goodbye chime.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY CHIME BANK!!

I have been with Chime since 2017 and has never been so happy with a bank! Chime actually treats you like a bank customer, allowing unlimited deposits, transfers from checking to saving, depositing checks via mobile phone, funds being available right away, overdraft and even paying you and your friends for referrals! They even stay on top of things when there are issues. I had a loan with a company and had the loan deposited to my Chime account, I paid the loan in full and after I paid the loan off, they were still deducting money from my account, every payday! I notified Chime of this and they gave me a provisional credit right away and did an investigation, after the investigation, they sent me an apology and let me know that they had my back!!!! If you are a Chime customer, did you know that you can also link your account to your Cash app? What other prepaid company allows this? To end this, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of all the fees that banks charge to hold your money and the madness of paying overdraft fees, and YOUR hard earned money being kept from you, you may want to consider Chime!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company!!! ????????????

Chime Bank A Bunch Of Lies

I will never recommend chime to anyone I know there are better places to bank with. They lie lie and lie some more. I have been getting everything switched out of chime to another account because I'm done being lied to by them so I won't recommend or continue using this bank myself. Sorry to anyone that has had to deal with the same bs

DO NOT BANK WITH CHIME

THEY DO NOT PROTECT AGAINST FRAUDULENT CHARGES. Once you deposit, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to withdrawal. They will hold your funds for long periods of time. They randomly closed my coworkers account which had $5000 at least and held the funds for weeks. Their customer service is a joke filled with people that barely speak English. SAVE YOURSELVES.

Terrible Service

Also, one you deposit. You can never withdraw.

Chime- Awful Experience

When they experienced the outage, all of their customers suffered. People couldn’t access their account balances, people’s cards were denied even though they had plenty of funds, and much more. This went on for days will really not many details of the situation. I personally was unable to buy shoes because my card declined. I wasn’t able to get a hold of Chime because I think they had their phone lines off. It took chime almost a week to get things up and running. No one saw compensation for weeks until they sent an email out saying they were going to give $10 to every affected and unable to make a purchase and so on. I never received my $10 compensation even though there is proof my card was declined. They wouldn’t get back to my emails for days. And if I called I would end up talking to basically a robot that said I didn’t qualify for the compensation. BEWARE OF THIS BANK. Customer service was awful. This outage that happened could have happened to virtually any bank. But the very poor handling of it on Chimes end. And time feeling worthless to everyone I spoke to caused me to have to leave this bank.

They Closed My Account Without Warning

No warn about why my account was closed. I got my friendly notifications this morning letting me know my balance. Around 6pm try to use my card and it was declined. Come to find out THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. The customer care is a joke. And their 24hour support. Horrible.

Horrible Customer Service Stay Away At All Costs!!!!!!!!

So at 1st like many others there was no issue with Chime. I loved the early paychecks which mine was 1 day early but still it was nice. I have had them for a year now until things went really bad really fast. So last week I notice my direct deposit is not in my account. Come to find out Chime rejected my direct deposit because of my employer did not include my employee number at the end of my name on the check. Chime stated that this number was on my checks previously. My employer stated this should be no reason that your bank should decline the check. So I had to have my check mailed to me. So I call them up today and wanted to confirm that next week my check will go through okay. Long story short I received service reps who do not care nor show empathy, many long pauses of silences, I had to speak up many times to just see if they were still on the line. Supervisors are a joke and the final straw today was from the escalations department. Still telling me my name does not match because of the damn employee number. Just unreal. Stay away do not trust your money with this company.

Do No Go With Chime

I registered to get a Chime card and I got one after doing all the information and everything. After trying to activate the card they told me the account was closed. So I’m wondering why it’s closed and I just registered for the stupid card. You can’t call the customer service because they tell you your account is closed and they hang up. You can’t email them. They respond but don’t tell me why my account is closed, they only say the information cannot be disclosed. So I’m confused to say the least. I’ve never done business with these people so why am I having such a hard time. I hate these Chime people.

BE AWARE!!!!!!!

The Chime team let someone hack into my account, Steal $800.00, make multiple transactions to Door Dash, change my email address on file, log me out of my mobile banking, and locked me out of performing any functions. My account is now negative $42 dollars due to this negligence. No one asked the individuals who changed my email address to send over a valid drivers license to make sure they were who they said they were to update that information like they have did to me on numerous occasions. I know have to wait 10 business days to possibly receive my money back once again due to this unsecured banking system.

Chime REVIEW

DONT SIGN UP FOR THIS....DOES NOT PROTECT AGAINST FRAUDULENT CHARGES...THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER....OVERALL RIP OFF...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.....

Yep Worst Bank Around

Watch out for thm thy will credit ur acct after reporting unauthorized use.....thn thy will tak it all bac.....

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Miserable, Terrible, The WORST, TERRIBLE, DON't DO IT!

If you want a MASSIVE headache every month or two, choose Chime. OMFG they are so incompetent and their system is unbelievably lacking. I've had fraudulent transactions wipe out my entire account through normal use. When I call to get it fixed, it is an absolute nightmare, which a high chance that it will be all for nothing and no progress will be made. Depositing cash, which is still used in today's world, is a massive pain in the *$$. Nothing works.

Chime Bancorp

Chime is possibly is the worst bank ever. Not only are you dealing with incompetent individuals you have the added bonus of dealing with a huge language barrier....if you don’t speak Spanish you’re screwed. Trying to communicate with chime is like pulling teeth. They use filler reply’s to put you at ease when in fact they have not clue how to address bank concerns like the lates date breech they call technical issues. Take your money and run otherwise your money will be stuck in a 30-60 day black hole they call banking process..... I say it’s the last ditch effort to generate interest on your money when you realize chime is a joke....with nothing to offer. This bank is good for people who can’t open a normal account. If you have issues posting a bad review it’s not you.

Not Looking Like A Good "Bank" So Far

Signed up with Chime mid October switching from Amscot which you get paid 2 days early as well, today was suppose to be my first 2 day deposit with Chime......suppose to be......suppose to be. Well I have been with my employer for numerous years and know exactly when they do the payroll and like I said Amscot always had my deposit in my account anywhere from 1am-3am 2 days early, Chime claims to not hold your deposits and just releases when they receive it, hell who knows this may be a giant scam and I may never see my money.

Neer Received My Card

I wish I could write about the functionality of this mobile bank however I never received my bank card. I think they might be a scam company. I lived in a house when I first opened the account in June of 2019. It is now October and they "attempted" to send me a card 3 times. In July I was living in a house and they claimed the card couldn't be delivered there. I moved in July to an apartment, requested a new card be sent to my new address, and they claimed, again, it could not be delivered there. Out of frustration, I had them try to send ANOTHER card to my previous address as my friend still lives there. And, you guessed it, they claim it couldn't be delivered. I double checked the addresses I entered each time and they are all correct.

Superficially Great, Underneath It All, Not So Much

Overall I thought Chime was great. It seemed consistent at first, but then on a couple different occasions I got my Direct Deposit later than when I'd usually get it. Then last week with the whole Chime system being down for a couple of days really threw me for a loop. Although they said ATM/Debit transactions were available, not all are created equal. The time the system went down was when I was supposed to be getting my Direct Deposit. Well I had no access to that. Couldn't pay bills, buy myself groceries, and best of all definitely couldn't order myself an uber. If this happened with any major bank, oh woah the fallout would be tremendous. Instead we get an email: sorry for the inconvenience, I know we've had a lot of complaints, rest assured we are working on it? My advice to you is, you want trust and access to your funds? Use a real bank, at least they are consistent. Yes there are more fees, but you don't have to worry about where your money may have went or why you don't have access to it. I loved Chime, but after these couple of strikes I definitely will be okay with waiting a few extra days to get my direct deposit with my usual bank.

The Absolute Worst Ever !!!!!!!

Finally I guess chime bank said their online app works now. Yesterday I had $216 deposited into my account this morning when I woke up it said my account was -$222.44. I looked on recent transactions and there were three ATM withdraws that I did not do. So I called in to customer service and waited one hour and 11 minutes and 42 seconds to speak to somebody. Then once some once a customer service representative got on the phone I could I could barely hear them at all it kept fading in and out. So I explain to the customer service representative that I could barely hear them that we had like a bad connection and if there was any way they could call me back. The customer service representative said no there’s no way that they can call me back. So I will explain my situation to the customer service representative and she said hold on I’ll get back to you another 33 minutes and 22 seconds and passed and I was still on hold but finally someone came back. So I had to explain the whole situation to her again and to make a long story short she said their system is all messed up and that my $422 that was supposedly withdrawn from My account would be placed back on my account and 2 to 4 business days. Now my balance is reading -9 dollars. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau today to see what can be done. If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know.

A Bad Experience

Several months ago I was referred to chime bank by friend. Chime bank advertised that if you refer a friend and they set up direct deposit at the both of you would receive a $50 bonus. I set up direct deposit and met all the requirements so that the both of us would receive the $50 bonus. A few weeks went by and my friend and I did not receive the $50 bonus. At that time I called into chime and spoke to a customer service representative. To make a long story short they played us and never gave either one of us the $50 bonus. I still was willing to give this company a chance so I continue to get my checks directly deposited. A few nights ago I got off work at 2:30 AM and tried to order in Uber Using my Chime card I was declined from the Uber. I had to stand outside in the cold and rain until 5:00 AM and had to catch a bus. Chime States that they were experiencing technical difficulties and that all direct deposits and purchases along with ATMs could be used. I truly believe that chime bank was hacked and they’re lying to us about it. Yesterday I had confirmation that my check was cleared from my employer and it still has not yet been posted by chime bank. I called in and was on able to speak to a customer service representative. They told me to send an email with my concerns and that would be answered in a timely manner. I sent in a dozen emails and haven’t gotten a response as of yet. I went ahead and filed a complaint against this company with the Better Business Bureau. I strongly suggest if anyone else out there is experiencing the same problems should also file complaints against this company With the Better Business Bureau. If I ever get my money I am withdrawing it all and closing down my John Bank account. I have a few friends and family and also use Chime and they’re closing their accounts down as well.

Chime Banking

It has been days now that your system somehow hasn't been accessable. We have received your email responses claiming our funds are secure & nor to worry. How can anyone not take offense to your claim knowing you can't even resolve the issue? This is the reason most people don't trust the banking industry because you can't even communicate the truthfulness of why it has been days your system crashed. This is totally unacceptable banking relationship!

Don't Do It

My money is gone and every time I try to get someone on the phone it hangs up on me. I want to know where my money is,............

Chime Worse Banking Experience Ever

several years ago I had to have surgery to reconstruct my wrist which was completely shattered by the end of this experience I had lost my vehicle and ruined by credit recently I had to take a loan from a payday loan place now thanks to chime who systems went down and gave me no access to my money I am late on this loan 5 years of trying to rebuild my credit down the drain on top of this it is the worst customer service experience I have ever had take heed to my warning and don't consider chime I would do everything in my power to try to sink this company don't choose chime don't let this happen to you

Don't Join These Liars

Never received referral bonus. Everytime i try to check my account balance I am sent a verification code. What a hassle. Then today worldwide the chime online service is down and you can't use your chime card anywhere due to chime is having issues. I have never experienced this with any other bank. I wish i could give 0 stars!!

Horrible Place To Bank

The worst experience of my life. My card was stolen and someone charged up a couple hundred dollars worth of gas I put in a dispute claim. Chime would not return my money as they said they did a full investigation. Investigation on what apparently they didn't send the people out to look at the gas station cameras to see that it wasn't me just filling up my tank with gas in a car that I don't have. Please I advise you this is not the place to let hold your money.

Unauthorized Charges

When it comes to unauthorized charges, chime will leave you stranded. I’ve had 3 charges of $74.00 come out of my account within the span of 15 min at a corner store, which completely drained all my money I had in that account at the time. I reach out to chime, first I get put through a bot, which is completely useless. Then I’m put on the phone with the stereotypical broken English speaking customer service rep. I’m told there’s nothing they can do until the charges are no longer pending. 3 days go by the charges finalized, so I request a dispute. One day later i get an email saying my dispute has been rejected. I go through the hot again and finally get ahold of someone so they could explain why. All I’m told is that “we don’t have access to that information” and to file a “rebuttle” which could take up to 45 days for a response 45 days. Any other bank could have had this settled with funds back in my account within 2 days. Utterly ridiculous what chime has going on. Definitely wont ever store money with them again. Terrible and useless customer service.

The Absolute WORST!!!

I opened a Chime account after seeing their convincing ad on TV. I really liked the idea of accessing direct deposit funds two days before payday (as they advertise), so I submitted their direct deposit form to my employer. Payday came, but no funds appeared in my Chime account. I immediately contacted my employer, who verified my Chime routing and account numbers, as well as the fact that my funds had been electronically transmitted. I then phoned Chime, and spoke to a customer service representative with a thick accent. I began by verifying my account and address information with him, and then requested his assistance to track down my funds. After verifying the information I gave him, he stated that Chime doesn’t have my funds, and suggested I wait until it (eventually) shows up. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The representative put me on hold for several minutes. He then returned to the phone with a little extra bass in his voice (same accent), and repeated what he’d told me earlier.

I’m missing an entire month’s pay, with no apparent recourse for recovering it. I very strongly suggest that you avoid Chime at all costs. If my initial experience with them is any indication, Chime is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Chime Is The Worst EVER

I transfered money from my bank to my chime account ....9 BUSINESS days ago. I have talked, emailed pulled my hair out and still not even a straight answer just repeat if poorly scripted responses from customer support. Can someone ..anyone tell me where my money went? What's the deal seriously? Is this just a big scam? Get people to sign up provide what any 1of the 100s of prepaid credit cards out there provide just with slicker marketing then siphon off amounts from customers accounts with ploys like missing transfers, deposits, mystery company debits, and the old oh no some hacked your account ohhh but sorry fine print we don't reimburse for that :( There is something off here something doesn't add up. Reading reviews on multiple sites it's seems at least 3/4 of their customers have experienced some type of missing money from their account. I totally understand any system involving technology or humans is bound experience some glitches but that seems like a few to many glitches and the same type of glitch. If it was a issue with a program why hasn't it been addressed it's much more serious than sometimes the app crashes it's people's money the stuff they use to eat drink keep a roof over their heads.

Wow, This Sucks

1st they are not set up with Capital One, which means I can’t pay my car payment from Chime.
2nd they rejected a mobile check deposit that was filled out legibly and correctly
3rd upon trying to resolve the mobile check deposit, I found out you will NEVER get someone on the phone, only through chat in the app.
4th, you have to talk to their bot before it lets you chat with a person.
5th, finally got into the real person chat room. No response from the company, the bot, or the person.
Not worth putting your money into.

Unauthorized Atm Chrgs

I left my wallet in the shopping cart at walmart. I notified Chime immediately. After viewing my online status I noticed the atm withdrawals three for a total of $265
I filed a disbute waited the ten days an was finally told the case was closed. Not in my favor.
I thought we were protected against such things like this. I filed a complaint with CFPB
I intend to close this acct. There is no protection.

Horrible Service

My debit card number was stolen. I called to get a new card. Was told it would be 3-5 business days until it would arrive. It has been that long so called and they had said that I was told wrong and it wouldn't arrive until July 5th (10 business days) or at the latest July 10th (14 business days). They do not send cards out in that time length. After talking to three different customer service representatives, was told sorry but there is no way that you will have access to your money unless you have a Venmo account and card, we send you a check which takes 10 days, another checking account that can link with Chime, or a friend who also has Chime and will pull your money out from an atm if you send it to their account. I have none of these. They will not transfer to my PayPal, which I have a card for or help me in any way. After being on the phone with them for over 2 hours all they could say was "sorry we have no other options for you. We cannot help you in any way. You have no other options, but to wait for your card." That is three whole paychecks and I have bills to pay and children to feed and gas to get in my car, so I can make it to work. I got absolutely no help or sympathy from them at all other them acknowledging that I was screwed on getting my money.

The WORST Experience With A Prepaid Card

Do not EVER use this card for a hotel! they say they will release the funds within 7 days but they don't and what they put you through to get the funds released is a nightmare! They refuse to do anything you have to have your hotel do a statement and email it to them A copy of the folio from the hotel showing is 0 balance won't do. stay away from this card and away from their awful customer service that have no one you can actually speak with you have to email and wait for hours and hours for responses it's ridiculous this is the worst card ever!!!!!

Run Fast To ANY Other Bank Besides Chime Bank.

Big issues:

-You cannot export your transaction ledger as a spreadsheet. This is a basic feature every bank EXCEPT Chime will offer. They told me no at every turn. As a response, I filed a complaint with the Federal Reserve.

-You have to have a direct deposit to use half of their features. This is a no go for me because I'm self employed.

-Chime cannot connect with any web service that can pull in your banking history.

Terrible bank.

Terrible -- Better Options Out There

I signed up because I liked the "round up" option for microsavings.

However, I encountered the following problems:
1. "No fees" -- yet you have to search high and low and to find an ATM machine to actually get your money out otherwise they charge 2.50. Even if you take it into the bank and run it through as a charge, you are still charged 2.50.

2. 500 limit per day on getting cash out... they really want you to use the card for swipes -- I assume that is how they make their money.

3. Terrible customer service -- when I joined, they had no humans that you could interact with -- only "Chimebot" on the app.

4. Sketchy reputation among other banks -- because I set up a recurring transfer from another bank so that I could actually earn INTEREST on my savings (as opposed the 0.01 percent that Chime "pays"), the other bank flagged my account for fraud and froze it. I could not get ahold of a live human being to verify my account (see above about "Chimebot").

5. All deposits from another institution are held for 5 days regardless of how long you have been a customer.

I have now switched to Empower. It pays 2 percent cashback on debit card swipes. ALL ATMS are free. You get your direct deposit up to 2 days early like Chime. You get paid 2 percent interest for both checking and savings and it offers seamless integration and transfers with outside banks -- even my credit union. No 500 cash back limit on getting money out like Chime. Only downside is there is no website -- only an app.

Aspiration is also switching to a 2 percent cash back on debit card swipes and also pays 2 percent interest though their ATM network is more limited.

Completely Disorganized, Poorly Run, Inept Service

I feel like Chime is something that a group of "techies" made and rushed out to the general public without working out all the kinks. I didn't even get to use the account because of so many issues that came up with trying to link the account with USAA. The routing number Chime will provide you will likely register at your other institution as a prepaid debit card account. So USAA kept saying that the Chime account routing number is either invalid or does not accept external transfers... (USAA will not connect with a prepaid account due to fraud). Chime did not understand this and they asked to me tell USAA that they are not a prepaid account, which I did. USAA tried adding it again with the same issue. Chime's email support team kept sending me generic responses to this issue. So I finally called and spoke to two different reps who struggled to communicate in English. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for over 20min with no response. I finally hung up and emailed their support team to close the account. This account is honestly a complete waste of time. If you are looking for a mobile app type bank, stick with Simple.

This is the best online bank

No silly fees ..fast direct deposits and excellent app ...Only downside is the ATM fees when you are traveling international..The app is one of the best designed app I have ever seen ...Much better than the one in bank of america ...Also it provides more insights into all the transactions ...I wish they had the option of depositing cash ..They are working on it but its still not available ..I also love the mobile deposit options on their app ...

Terrible support

When I first heard about chime I was really excited about them. I love online-only banks because they are really convenient for my mobile life. When I signed up using the app, I immediately had a huge issue. It wouldn't let me attach my card to the account. I tried to contact support, as I was unable to utilize my account, and they didn't reply to me for over two weeks. When they finally did reply they apologized but it left a bitter taste in my mouth and I decided to no longer use them.