Chime Reviews

Chime Is The Problem With Digital Banks

Chime is a nightmare to use unless you get regular direct deposits from a payroll department or institution.

If you get paid in a variety of ways -- cash, check, money order -- then Chime will make your life miserable and you will waste hours trying to make deposits.

The worst thing about Chime is that it operates in a vacuum and "agents" know nothing. This was the breaking point for me -- that no one knows anything and can’t help. There is zero recourse if something goes wrong or won’t go through.

I tried to mobile deposit a bank check made out to me from a legacy brick-and-mortar bank.

The first time the check was rejected, I was told by the bot and the customer service recordings that, basically, it's a random mystery why checks are declined.

"Unfortunately, it probably doesn't meet our guidelines. For security reason, agents can't discuss the reason….”

Wait. What?? If customer service doesn't know -- then who does? Mr. Chime?

When I finally talked to a live person yesterday, I was told to try again, that the reason was “likely” because the check must be photographed on a black background and I used a wood background. I was assured the check was verified as real and it should be fine.

The check was rejected again, this time coming over with a message “Chime doesn’t accept cashier’s checks, counter checks, teller checks or traveler cheques, Do not attempt to deposit it again.” It would have been awesome if they would have put that on their websites and let their agents and bots know.

The check has to be destroyed now because I already endorsed it as a mobile deposit to Chime. So now I have to return to the legacy bank and get a new check or get cash.

But cash is also pretty much worthless at Chime too. You can only deposit $500 at a time for a $5 fee. I asked about money orders or personal checks, but no one has a definitive answer. There are no supervisors. There is no location. It seems like payroll direct deposit is all they are able to handle -- but they will never come out and say that.

And there is nothing that I can do except open a new account elsewhere and ditch Chime. I am going to write to the CEO, founders and any other person associated with this so-called "bank" so they know what is going on at the customer level.

Chime's valuation keeps going up and VCs keep throwing money at them. The tech media keeps singing their praises.

Perhaps someone should do a little research. Chime is no different that using any random fill-er-up money card handed out with unemployment and tax refunds.

Pretty UI, Horrible Bank

In less than a month, the account stopped external transfer to my broker, ceased to allow me to transfer funds to an external bank from the Chime app, and best of all now is locked from moving funds from Savings to Spending account. If there were a negative star option. The phone reps are terribly uneducated about basic bank terminology such as accrued interest. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY A PRETTY UI, KEEP YOUR FUNDS AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE OF A SO CALLED BANK.

Returning To Capital One

So I decided to give Chime A try because I saw that their interest rates for savings was better than capital ones right now so ended up moving all my money over to savings and since I am a stay at home house husband my boyfriend deposits a portion of his check into my checking account every two weeks so I have a little spending money well today is Wednesday so waiting to get the very first paycheck to days early like they stated I get an email saying that my boyfriends company is tried to deposit money into my account but chime rejected it and sending it back to my boyfriends employer and on the bottom it states chime only excepts direct deposits if the name on the direct deposit matches the name on the account never heard of that before so therefore I have to wait another week before my boyfriend gets it into his checking account Before it goes into my account so I would not recommend chime at this point moving all my money back to capital one PS nowhere on their website does it state that the name on the account Hass to match the name on the direct deposit

Two Days Early For Your Check To Be Deposited Have To See It To Believe It

I've not yet been paid two days early at all l it's always the day before just like all other Banks, so therefore if they say they pay two days early I'd love to see that cuz I sure don't believe it!

Chime Support Scam!

All my money was stollen from my account because of chime support fraud and they are claiming there is no error. Therefore I won’t be able to get back the $2,499.00 that was randomly Charged to my account To some company called “MCO” while I was On the phone with “chime support”. I called the ?(844) 244-6363? number to ask about A charge I didn’t recognize and was connected with A women who had my name, bank information and all my personal information. So obviously she seemed pretty legitimate. She said my account had been hacked and used TeamViewer to access my phone. Right after I asked what happened to my money she replied “your account has been hacked in Denton Ohio, don’t worry we will get it refunded” then it shows me transferring $1000 to Someone named @Mary-Pierre-2 Leaving me with $5 in my checking and $0.13 in my savings!! They completely drained my account!! Which she then replies saying there is a problem processing the request to refund my money and hung up on me!! I immediately called the EXACT same number back, where i was connected to a completely different person who didn’t seem to know what i was talking about! They then assumed me if i filed a dispute i would get my money back. So i did, at the 10 day mark they send me an email saying “ This letter is to inform you that we have made a final determination regarding the claim referenced above.

Based on our investigation, we have concluded no error occurred. Therefore, no funds will be credited to your account and this claim is considered closed.“
I have filed a police report and sent them the case number. I told them i don’t know this women. Somehow no one can tell me who she is or how she got all my money. Even though she clearly has a chime account! I told them if they won’t help me i want to know who she is so I can directly press charges on her. But I can’t get anyone to help. So somehow this bank is connected to A scam and won’t even acknowledge it!!

Upload Never Posted

Did a 400.00 dollar upload at Walmart on 8/20/20 noticed money did not post before I got thru shopping. Went back to the money center and they couldn’t help me said the transaction went thru. They told me to call greendot or chime been calling everyday filed a dispute with both companies sent my receipt to both companies with no help greendot said the don’t deal with Chime although the receipt says uploads thru greendot. Chime says the don’t directly deal with greendot because the receipt says uploads thru greendot. Been like a dog chasing it’s tell everyday since. Filed disputes with both companies only to receive no help in the end. One company telling me to call the other. I don’t understand why greendot can’t trace the transaction. This has been a nightmare. And just today someone used my card for 126.65 to shein.com and 34.36 to missyempire.com and never heard of these companies. And yet Chime couldn’t stop the transaction and when I tried to call the companies couldn’t find the numbers. 556.41 lost with no help n my husband had a stroke in June. I’m so over Chime I hate this company just wanted to WARN anybody out there never use this company been dealing with for 2 years and all this happened in weeks of each other and nothing has been done n this is the only time this has ever happened. But if someone can help please comment.

Chime Does Not Protect Customers From Fraud

On 9/5/20 I received a text from Chime stating that my phone number & email address had been updated and to call immediately if I didn’t make those changes. I contacted Chime’s customer service department immediately and informed them I did not make those changes to my account as I’ve had the same email address since I’ve been a Chime customer. The representative asked me to email my driver’s license to authenticate my identity. I immediately sent over a copy of my drivers license and later my social security card to ensure they had all the information needed to validate my identity and update my account back to the proper login details. I went on about my day assuming that Chime had my back and would ensure that my account was protected from this weird activity before my money went missing. Later I attempted to request an Uber when I found that my card had been declined. I immediately contacted Chime’s customer service department again and was told that my balance was -$2. Someone hacked my account for over $2300 at Food Lion. I was very angry at that point, not just at the hacker but also Chime because they had all the information necessary to prevent this situation from happening but instead did nothing which had left me with an empty account. Then a Chime represented informed me that they can’t do anything about my dispute until the payment processes which could take days and the dispute even longer. I’d like Chime to get my $2300 dollars back.

Withhold Investigation Information

Between 8\7\2020 and 8\8\2020, my account was fraudulently used to illegally withdraw a total of $965.50 at two different ATM's, though my physical card was in my possession.
I filed a dispute with Chime, for which they denied without reason on 8\13\2020. On 8\13\2020, I was told I would receive detailed information on the full parameters of the investigation, which would include the specific ATM sites so I can complete the police report filed in Sunnyvale CA on 8\13\2020. Yesterday was the 10 business day deadline given to me by chime bank for me to receive said investigation report. I have yet to receive the report, and when I spoke to Chime, they would not tell me when I will receive the report, all I got was a run around. As a result my police report is on hold, and thus I can't submit new information needed to reconsider my fraud claim.

Account Randomly Closed

I tried to log into my account tonight because I have to direct deposits coming from my jobs and it said my accounts were locked. I emailed them and received a generic message that my account has been closed and that I’ll receive my money within 30 days. 30 days.. in the middle of a pandemic?! Jobs aren’t even promised & lord forbid I got let go of my job.. I could potentially have to wait 30 days to get MY money. I’m beyond upset and have filed a complaint with BBB.

Chime Has Stolen My Money 1000S Of It

Their customer service has stated over and over that they have no contact with the department that handles "these type of situations". They have promised it will be fixed in the next 2-3 workdays for over 2 weeks. They straight stole my paycheck because the amount it was they though it was worth stealing. They have not answered a BBB complaint, or even the State of Delaware office of the state bank commission complaint. They refuse to answer emails or even give me their address to report them for theft. Do yourselves a favor run from them as fast as you can. If you get more than 5k in the account they will try to steal it. They are straight thieves. I have sicked my lawyer on them. It is a scam. Even their support supervisor says "he hates this system and he cannot even get that department to answer his emails and has no other way to contact them" They will steal your money if you let them.

I Have The Resolution So Please Read

Back in May my account was scammed for 600 by people pretending to be Chime to get my info and scam my account. Well long story short aside from the 600 taken I had 394 still in my accnt which Chime sent me a check for that amount but it was a long daunting process just to get that. Then I started to ask about the 600, they say fill out a claim form blah blah i did and few weeks later they said they found it in my favor and id be receiving the 600 check in the mail, well few days after that email a Chime member emailed me saying i didnt qualify for the credit. So i email back saying no no you guys already said id be getting the money back. Didnt get any response so what i did was emailed Bancorp who they are affiliated with and they took care of it for me. So i just want anyone reading this to know you can email Bancorp and they will resolve it for you. Bancorp helped me get the 394 then helped get my 60p so i encourage you guys to please contact Bancorp through email. I promise they will get your money for you. Chime is just hoping everyone will give up so they can keep your money.

Chime Is The Worst Bank Ever!!!

If your thinking of opening an account please read these reviews. I have filed 2 fraud claims and both have been denied. One less than 24 hrs and he second one 2 months later. I call customer service and not only do they barely speak English, but when asked for a supervisor they hang up on you. Once they have your money and something happens such a fraud, they will not return it. I wouldn’t even consider them a legit bank.

Chime Took My Unemployment

On June 28 2020 irs sent my unemployment check to my chime account on July 3rd. The account was suspended and it’s now July 23rd and they haven’t told me anything. I have tweeted the ceo and emailed the support team but still haven’t received an answer. I’m a small business owner on the brink of foreclosure due to covid 19. Anyone with suggestions or answers please contact me. Thank you.

They Will Mess Your Life Up

I have my money and deposits going to chime. I reported a charge for $50 and in turn chime has made my money untouchable by me for almost a month now with no resolution in sight. They cancelled my card and said they would send a new one. Well that 7 days turned into 12 days and now they cancelled the replacement card I never received and I have to wait another week for another replacement. My rent and bills are coming due and they are playing games with my account. If you need your money this is not the bank option to choose. My business is suffering and my home is in jeopardy because of this. After one month and two investigations they found the charge was wrong and put the $50 back in my account. I just can't access one cent of my account.

They WILL Steal Your Unemployment!!

I don't quite know how they got involved in this scam, but Chime has been suspending accounts of people across the country who receive unemployment and then requesting a bunch of different IDs from them. I would guess they've targeted unemployment recipients because they tend to be poorer and poorer people are less likely to have valid government ID's. In my case, I had all the IDs they requested and I have submitted them all. They suddenly suspended my account and didn't give me a reason. Submitted everything they asked for--no response. Spoke to someone on the phone, couldn't get any explanation for the suspension other than a "suspicious deposit" which I repeatedly told her was unemployment. The ONLY deposit I get in this account. What legit bank wouldn't resolve an emergency issue like this within hours? I am told by her she's escalating my case and it will be reviewed 24-48 hours. 48 hours later, no response. Call back again, get the same work around. Oh by the way, they use an Indian call center. They intentionally ignore your emails too, I have sent over 20. I sent an email to them on through my email and got a response from a real person within hours, which shows they are just ignoring contact from my suspended account. Still waiting. Can't pay bills or feed myself. I contacted the NY dept of Finance and I'm hoping they will help me. Ignore the employees they send here to try and discredit the valid complaints of thousands of people who are suffering from their fraud.

Fraudulent Charges Never Resolved; Account Neglected

I'd had a Chime Checking account for a few months with no issues. But on April 16th, 2020, I received a notification that an Out of Network ATM Withdrawal of $363.50 was posted to my account. I immediately reached out to Chime, as I was sitting at my desk at work, bank card in purse, and had not withdrawn this money. Chime support staff informed me that they could not dispute the charge until it posted. It finally posted to my account on Saturday, April 18th. The bank tacked on an additional $2.50 fee for an out of network ATM. I called Chime support and opened a claim right then, and they cancelled my debit card, issuing me a new card. They informed me there would be a provisional credit added to my account while they investigated the transaction. I asked where the ATM was located that this charge came through, and it was showing the location on the far south side of Chicago, where I have never been before. After trying to explain this to the representative, and asking if they could have someone check the video footage of the ATM, I was assured that "these things happen sometimes" and that it would be cleared up shortly. I received my new debit card in the mail 5 days later and activated it. I also was continuing to receive push notifications on my cell from the Chime app that transactions were being denied from my old card because it was reported lost/stolen. I took screen shots of these notifications and sent them to Chime via email with the claim ID# included to justify my case more so...there was no response. I followed up via phone 7 days after opening the claim to request a status update, and the representative informed me that I should receive the provisional credit no later than April 29th. Today, April 29th, no credit. Instead, I received an email from the bank claiming that they found no evidence of fraudulent activity on my account, and therefore no funds would be returned to me. Confused, and frustrated, I opened a complaint/case with the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on April 29th, 2020. I finally received a response from Chime regarding their decision to not honor my case on May 13th, 2020: "Investigation result:
As you mentioned, card was in possession and pin was memorized during the disputed transaction occurred."

What a complete load of nonsense. To this day, I am still $363.50 in the hole, and I have since closed my Chime account. Let this be a testament or the reason to stay away from Chime bank. This happened to me, and I can only speak from my own experience, but do not leave your money in the hands of this bank. You may get your direct deposit a few days earlier than with other banks, but it's a dangerous gamble, as your money is not protected.

Chime Is Starting To Look Bad...

I thought chime was great at first, no maintenance, overwithdraw fees, cool card.

Turns out they don't accept direct deposits that are in your business name, only your actual name. I find this a bit disturbing as in why wouldn't they? Money goes out all the time, why not accept all money in? Makes no sense to me.

And if you turn off/cancel your card good luck using any of those funds for weeks, until a new card arrives.

This seems like child's play.

They Are Thieves

I was a customer of chime bank. They closed my account with no reason ...then they gave me the run-around just to tell me they was not going to give me back the money that was in my account. They did this during a pandemic and my unemployment checks was going into that account. So technically they have stolen government money. If anybody come up with a solution or a class action please let me know

Pure Garbage

Access to customer service via phone...good luck!
When you try to fund your account at Chime, wait until you see how long it is for your money to show up. You can literally have money suspended in limbo for week's. If there are any positive reviewers about this Circus institution, they are paid shills.

I Absolutely Love Chime

If you have any problems with purchases you can file a claim and Chime will definitely take care of it.
They allow overdrafts (Spot me) without any interest rates. I've Recommended quite a few people.

Deny Access To Money

0 stars but that was not an option.My daughter account has been locked for days 5 days they are asking her to provide ID social security card N proof of her job that qualified her for unemployment in her state where she worked. That information was provided to their non secure email. The only place you could send the information after that they then requested more a picture of her holding her ID social security card passport and paste outs from the job that qualified her for unemployment. They also want a written explanation of her intended purpose for the funds she's getting deposited. That is not their business.She receives unemployment by direct deposit into Chime. We now have Attorney General involved banking commissioner and the FDIC. They have not returned any phone calls or emails and all of her money is in this account. Please remove all your funds from Chime before they lock your account too. She had committed no fraud and has been denied access to any and all of her money for 5 days Doing this P endemic.

Chime Does NOT Care About Your Security

The only reason for the one star on this rating is due to the requirement here. There needs to be an option for zero stars.
On 5/28/20 my Chime account got hacked. The perpetrator transferred my money to their own account in several transactions. Then proceeded to use the remainder of any money left to make purchases and cash withdrawals at point-of-sale locations. They changed my phone number and security questions with Chime. When I contacted Chime to report this and to correct my info, I was told I was unable to change my info for 3 business days. They did not offer to suspend my account from any further activity nor to cancel the use of my card number. The fraudster cleaned me out. Chime was completely unsympathetic. The took me through the procedures to file dispute for these transactions. The dispute was denied.I re-filed the dispute. As of yet, no further contact from Chime. No more questions from them. Now I feel no hope to retrieve my money without taking legal action.

CLOSING ACCOUNTS

If I could I would give them no stars!!! Someone transferred all of my money from my account to someone else's account by the name of David C I have noooooo clue who that is. I filed a police report and sent in the affidavit. From reading the reviews it doesn't seem like I will be getting a credit. Has anyone received a credit from Chime for fraudulent charges?

Chime Denying Me Access

Hello, recently I tried again to get a chime account and finally emailed them, finally someone got in contact with me saying it probably has to go thru security to prove identity anyways I provided my identity few days later someone else replies I can't get account it's based on security, so I asked if my info is being used the reply No your info isn't being used best regards, fast forward I try again with a different email address when I tried to use phone number it stopped me said it's invalid or it's basically linked to another account, so I email them again with a screenshot and have not yet heard anything. Which is fishy if you ask me, seems my info is being used already smh.

I Was Refunded My Money 7/7/20 I’M So Thankful.

I was victimized in May 2020 and then again for $2000 just the other day 6/9/20 this doesn’t make any sense. Chime denied my dispute. How can we get our money back from this scam of a bank? It’s crazy how scammers can hack our account so easily. I can’t wait 45 days for a rebuttal dispute when the evidence is already proven. How can we find out who the person and the account that the fraud transactions are sent to? I never dealt with anything like this before. It’s nerve reckoning. I went to my local police station twice and they didn’t let me fill out a fraud report. Morgan and Morgan turned my claim away today. I’m just over it. I don’t know what to do. I already contacted the BBB, financial trade commissions and consumer financial. ATP from reading the other terrible reviews I’m at a loss of hope. This is sad on so many levels.

Love Chime

I (knock on wood) have never had an issue, even when they were hacked. I love getting paid a day early and the ease of transferring between checking, savings, and credit builder. You can also set “rules” to where you want your direct deposit to go.

Frozen Account Over Not Changing Address, 10 Days And Counting

So I sign up for Chime because I'm a frugal individual and don't like spending anymore more money than I have to, on anything. As soon as I sign up they have a HUGE issue with direct deposits and all account are not accessible, WHAT?!? How are you even in the ball game with other FDIC insured banking institutions? Months later because of all this Covid 19 I have my unemployment money put into their account because I like having money in multiple accounts, and don't want to mix things up. They freeze $5k+ for over 10 days(issue still not resolved) because I didn't change my address, having the same unemployment state & address that the money was coming from. What?!? I've been banking with you guys for over a year and a call couldn't have been done? Now my rent and many other schedules payments are going to have fines because they lock my money up without a simple call over an address change. Never banking with these people again! Oh Oh, the Support for chime is only via email!! Hahah, truly a joke man. I called and they told me I had to email someone in order to have access to MY money, pay my bills and you know, live... 10 days!!!! still counting. Aspiration bank all the way!!

Can't Be Used To Make Online Orders

I ordered things online using my Chime card. The places I ordered from (ex: Amazon) doesn't charge your account until your items have been shipped. They place a hold on your account until they ship it. Today has been the second time that the money has been returned to my account. I am unable to make purchases online that require a hold. I am unaware of any policy stating after "X" days pending transactions will be canceled and never once was notified prior to expect them to be returned to my account. It's very unfortunate because the things I had purchased were crucial for me to return to work on time. The app also does not show the charges placed back into my account, it does show the new balance. If I didn't have a register it would be hard to keep track and seems a little shady. Has anyone else experienced something like this with Chime? Luckily I have a primary checking account, Chime was just a back-up.

Chime Account Hacked.

So last night I got an alert from Chime that some had made a 750.00 purchase on Fashona Nova. What I don’t understand is how they got my CVV number and everything else. Now I should of had my card off but why would chime allow that high of a purchase at once is beyond me. I caught it 5 minutes later and I really need advice. Please help!

No Early Deposits In May

Its now been over 31 days since my last deposit into my Chime account. I have been with them for 3 years. I get paid monthly and because of the advertised early deposit up to 2 days I have always gotten the deposit early. But yesterday I have seen so many complaints about no one receiving Direct Deposits. In fact the Chime bot is also acting up not replying with the correct information in regards to the questions asked. Also this sweepstakes they had the past few weeks ChimeIn has sparked a rise in Scammers. I got 5 messages from different scammers telling me I won a sweepstakes I never entered I am about fed up with this. Not only that no one would answer the phone, and they will not answer any messages on social media. They deleted any posts from members on Facebook asking about deposits. Something fishy is going on with this bank so beware

Fraud On My Account

I am usually pretty keen on scams, but I have now become a victim. Someone with the chime logo and everything got my info and in minutes my money was gone I have submitted documents of the communication, and hopefully this will get resolved and if it's happening this much to their customers why not put an extra security step in place I mean they sent me a verification to my phone just like Chime would do. These are already dire times and nobody is working this is awful. I don't want to have to get an attorney involved but I will.

Account Hacked

My account was hacked May 18,2020 for $2000, it's under investigation but reading these reviews I probably won't get my money back. Something needs to be done about this, has anyone had any luck with a lawyer?

Account Wiped Clean

Today my account was wiped clean. Someone was able to transfer all my money even from my savings to a Christian B. This is crazy amd chime wont help me at all.

The Truth About All The Negative Reviews?? Chime REALLY DOES SUCK!

I have had my Chime account for about 9 months and literally the only good thing I can say about it is they don't have overdraft fees. The customer service absolutely sucks! SUCKS!! SUCKS!! SUCKS!! I have had two instances now where I've needed to contact customer service and they are absolutely USELESS!!
I filed a dispute for a transaction using the chat feature and it gave me a message saying it would get back to me in a few days. I didn't alledge fraud, I just indicated that it was not an authorized transaction. I received no notification from chime ..nobody called me no email was sent. When I checked the status in the app it said that my claim had been denied. Then 2 days later they canceled my card without even telling me!! I didn't find out till I went to make a purchase and the transaction was declined. I then called customer service and was told that that is their standard protocol that anytime a dispute is filed against a charge they automatically cancel the card. That is absolutely ridiculous! Especially when I wasn't even informed and it's going to take over a week for a new card to get to me and until then I have absolutely no access whatsoever to the money in my account!!! This is RIDICULOUS!!! I am so done! I am closing this account and going somewhere else.

Horrible! Beware Of This Bank

Echoing the experience of other reviewers. This bank has ZERO concern of data security. Save yourself the headache and go with an actual bank. These fintechs are showing their true colors.

JOKE OF A BANK

On March 4, 2020 my personal debit card numbers were stolen. At approximately 11:12PM the first notification of many. I started receiving alerts that money was being taken out of my account. There were two places a liquor store and a gas station on the far south side of Chicago. I live in Cicero, IL roughly 18 miles from these 2 locations. Through the next few hours this person insisted and continued taking out money. Why Chime Bank didn't decide NOT to block these transactions I have no idea why? The bank usually had about $1,000 dollars as a daily withdrawal limit. The amount were from 100 to 200 each time. A total of $1,295.00. This money consisted of my direct deposit from my job and part of my taxes. This was just a few weeks before the pandemic. I let them know all this, and I made a police report. I have told them just about everything I possibly could. Attached is the complete set of paperwork I sent them. My dispute was denied the first time and then I disputed again with a police report denied. Total $1,295.00 that’s including the ATM fees. The worst part of all this is just a couple days ago they were trying again and they told me I couldn’t add that to my dispute since I had to get a new debit card mandatory. Which was a really pathetic reason. I don't know how a bank can be so selfish with everything that is happening in the world right to not hear people out. Fraud is real! I mad a police report since my first dispute was denied. I had never had to make a dispute for anything in my life. We all have dues. Chime Bank you went too far. To everyone considering Chime Bank this problem isn't worth anyone's time. I just wish CHIME BANK WOULD GIVE ME BACK MY STOLEN MONEY.
I TRUSTED THIS BANK FOR 2+ YEARS. KARMA GONNA GET EVERYONE IN THAT OFFICE THAT GAVE ME THE SAME RUN AROUND.

Protect Yourself From Scammers

Since Chime has been offering these "Chime In" giveaways, members are falling victim to scammers who are impersonating Chime and sending fake DMs claiming the members are "winners." Or, the scammers will send fake text messages or phone calls by cloning Chime's number. The victim then proceeds to give the scammers their personal information, such as passwords, card number, etc., only to later discover their account has been wiped clean. Or they will click on a link where scammers can access the victim's account information. This is not a matter of Chime's system being "hacked"; these are members who are willingly giving scammers their security information and then later claiming their account was "hacked." There's a difference between an account being hacked and an account being wiped clean because a member gave someone their private security information. Never ever give anyone your pin number, password, card number, account number, etc., unless you are signing up for direct deposit with a trustworthy site. Chime repeatedly says they will ONLY ask winners for their email address and their social media accounts have a blue check mark next to their logo. Disable your debit card transactions if you don't plan to use your card for a couple of days. Chime offers many ways for members to protect themselves, but you have to put in the effort to educate yourself against fraud and scams. As a Chime member, I was very concerned about my account after reading all of the negative reviews. Come to find out, accounts were not being hacked, but members were actually giving out their personal information in hopes of receiving a $200 prize. As with any bank account, your account is safe as long as you take the proper security measures and don't share personal information with anyone. I don't see how anyone could blame the bank when you clearly gave a complete stranger your login and password. Nobody, and I mean nobody has a right to your pin or password. Please protect yourself!!

I Wish I Can Give It A Zero! STAY AWAY!

I decided to trust Chime with some of my money 3 moths ago. The reason I gave them a chance, is to have a little chunk of money in my account before payday. So I pretty much used it once at a HSBC Bank to get some cash out. I'm very particular when it comes to ATM's, I make sure I check the card slot and the whole machine before I do anything doesn't matter the bank. Two months go by, I get a notification on my phone for a withdrawal while i'm sitting at my house. Someone cleared my whole card and left me on $0 in the middle of a pandemic, there goes my emergency stash. For someone to have my card info and pin when I only used the card once is very scary to me! Chime tells me to file a claim 3 days later because it needs to post on the account. I think that is total BS because ATM withdraws get out of your account right away. One month later and me calling every other day, they give me the usual run around due to COVID no one is in give it 24-48 hours, our investigation team that we cant reach out to doesn't answer. At this point I don't know what to do, but file for a lawsuit. The sad part is just by typing Chime lawsuit, thousands come out with the same exact issue. So take my word and RUN! YOUR MONEY IS NOT SAFE HERE!

Someone Tried Making An Online Purchase But Got My Cvv Wrong.

After seeing an attempt to use my card n stumbling across all these nightmare of stories,, I think I might jus hit the eject button be4 I become what seems to be an inevitable victim..

Hacked Account

I just can't believe this is happening! April 17, 2020 my chime notifications alerted me that ATM withdrawals were being made, 5 to be exact, total $987 from my spending account. I filed a dispute as soon as my anxiety allowed me to calm down to dial customer service, April 17th & submitted a Provisional credit application soon after. After several emails and phone calls with no update, today May 1st I was told that my claim was denied & I will not get my money back. I am to look out for an email from now till May 14th. This is absolutely unacceptable! My account was clearly hacked and the chime/Banpcorp bank investigation department is doing a horrible job at detecting fraud. Not only do I want my money, Someone needs to be held accountable. I reached out to an attorney with Consumer fraud legal services and I will be contacting the CEO of Chime and The Bancorp Bank, being that they own Chime. This is the absolute worst time during horrible pandemic that this could happen to me, to any of us. If anyone has legal advise or answers to getting this issue resolved asap please share information.

Just Isn't Right

On April 27th both my husband's and my son's stimulus checks were sent to my chime account but they still have not posted either of them. I received an email on the 27th telling me that I had to send verifications to prove their identities along with a copy of my husband's 1040 showing both of our names on it for which I complied immediately and sent them the information. Even though this is the account that my son's monthly SSI benefits are direct deposited into every month and the only account that the Treasury Department has on file for him they still have not released the funds from his stimulus check. It says in Chime's terms and conditions that they do not hold direct deposits but apparently that is far from the truth. I have contacted the customer support department every day to see what is going on but every time I do I just get the same answer. To wait even longer. It's not fair that these payments were sent to people in the hopes of helping them get back on their feet only to be held from you and then be tortured even more knowing that the bank has it but won't give it to you. It's not fair and it doesn't make any sense. Seems illegal even.

Hacked Account

I had once loved banking with Chime. Until a week ago when my account was hacked. I woke up to 7 text messages that someone was trying to get into my account. I logged into my account and seen that $1074 was taken out of my account and sent to another. I have been trying to get the matter handle. The dispute team keep telling me that I sent the wrong dispute form and that I will receive another one in my email. I still have yet to get the dispute form and I have until May 7th to file my claim. I am very disappointed with this bank and how they are poorly handling my case. I will never recommend this bank to any again. I even had my family member close their account. Seeing how I am not the only one that has had money stolen from them.

Chime Banking

I've always been completely satisfied with Chime.
Can't say that i have one negative thing to say about them.

Closed Account

Believe me I will cut anyone who spoke negatively about chime until they dealt with me. Tell me why these people closed my account with no prior communication and with $5000 in it. I called customer service and the automated system said my account was closed and hung up on me. I emailed support and this is day 2 with no response. I don't know where my money is, I don't know why my account was closed. I don't know nothing. I am just confused I don't know who to talk to. My money is floating in a virtual bank. I think I got scammed.

Refusal Of Money Back

I use to have chime bank. I ended up leaving them since they forced through an ATM transaction of $503.00 from my account. When this transaction occurred I had $99 in my account with a $25 over draft protection. The customer service team was extremely condescending and actually told me that they forced through the transaction at that time and to go ahead and report them to the BBB, FDIC and Bancorp. It has been 5 months and they still are refusing to get me my money.
I explained to them that I was in a different city and that I take public transportation to and from work.
My place of employment is also a bank and Chime REFUSED to get the security footage from them to prove that it was not me. I even have witnesses.
Whoever is daring enough to use chime- Don't. They treat their customers like crap!

Chime Hacked

Chime account was hacked on 4/20 for 3,198..00 and again on 4/21 for 925.63 they told me I would get my answer for the first one on 5/6 and the latter 5/9. I received an email today telling me no error occurred and I would not get my 3,198.00 back. I sent a Twitter message to both the CEO's of this be bank waiting to hear their responses. At a time like this it's terrible when something like this happens. I am not going to lay down and let them get away with this even if I have to seek legal counsel I am going to get my money back!!! What a bunch of DIRT BAGS!!! DO NOT BAMK WITH CHIME!!!

Chime Bank Paper Check Deposits

The only reason Chime Bank is not getting a 5-star review is because of the inability to deposit a paper check into my account. I received my state refund and instead of being directly deposited, a paper check was sent. I attempted to deposit it via the mobile app and was told that the issuer of remitted was not able to verify the details of the check. It's a state refund, what is there to verify? I was also told that I couldn't resubmit it into my Chime Spending Account, with no other explanation as to why. They make it really difficult to deposit paper checks into your account. If they would fix this issue, they would be an amazing bank and get 5 stars .

Dodged A Bullet

I just recently signed up with Chime a few weeks ago. I still have not received my debit card and based on some reviews I have read I decided to not switch over my direct deposit until I actually had my debit card in hand. And now after reading all these other negative reviews I will definitely not ever have my paycheck direct deposited into my chime account. I do not want my money stolen and gone forever! And it looks like I'm not even receiving my debit card anyway! Time to move on phew!!!

The Truth About Chime And All These Negative ?? Reviews

If you are on the fence about joining chime , let me be the first to tell you . JOIN . Don’t be afraid of all these fake fraudulent reviews . These people are liars and tried to scam chime by saying they are missing money when they know they’re the ones that spent it ! They just know that chime had a minor glitch in the system and tried to counter on that and failed when chime didn’t refund money that they spent ! I’ve been a happy Chime customer since 2017 ! With not a single Mishap yet with money going missing . Good luck to your banking endeavors. Stop lying people . God Bless

Chime Customer Service

I made a chime account about a month ago and someone stole $1,300 directly from my account I filed a claim and waited on a response from chime and they denied my claim without explanation. A week later another $500 was stolen out of my account again I had filed another claim and still no response customer service is terrible and unreliable. When someone steals from your account chime does not take responsibility and you basically lose everything without a trace.

CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU

Everyone, it seems that Chime was hacked because i am seeing the same stories constantly and they so happen to fall within a 3 day period of April 1 - April 3. We are all filling out dispute forms, waiting 14 days to hear back only to then get denied and wait longer. This isnt a coincidence, this is legit and no one at Chime isn't even acknowledging or sending an email.

Something is not right. Everyone follow this link and lets get this rolling. Chime needs to answer for this.
I would rather wait and report them to the government. They cant hide behind their scripted answers.

Makes me sad that during a time like this we all have to deal with nonsense, but i hope we all find resolution and can move forward. God Bless and stay safe.

Worst Bank Experience

This "bank" has been the worst banking experience I have had in my life. From not being able to make deposits, access my account or get legitimate answers to questions, issues and even my balance. I question how this is a legitimate bank at all. My advice to anyone looking to open an account with Chime, DON'T. Save yourself the time, frustration and heartache by going to a real bank, one staffed with real people who can legitimately answer your questions as soon as you call. I have had plenty of horrible experiences with banks, but this, by far has been the absolute worst. And yes, after having an account with chime for over a year I finally closed my account, I only wish I had done it sooner.

Holding My Stimulus

The IRS website states that my stimulus package was scheduled to be deposited into my chime account yesterday. I call customer service to get a fast talking run around. I just want my money chime ??

Chime Is SCAM And Steal Identity

I have opened an online banking account with Chime yesterday. I very carefully entered my address information in the fields correctly. Right after I finished application, Chime automaticaly selecting a different address to display in my account!

I could not change my address online because it says the account has to be active for 30 days first. I try to change the wrong address via the customer support tab in the Chime app. It asked me to upload a valid government issued photo I.D., front and back and a letter proof of my address. A day later, customer service ask me to upload picture of my Social Security card. 2 hours later they ask me to upload a Bank Statement.

I ask them to close my account and I report it to the police. This is a traumatic experience with CHIME. I bet Chime will freeze your account for no good reason without notice. Stay away from Chime!

Chime Holding My Stimulus

I have a chime account, and I didn't receive my stimulus like the IRS website stated, I however did get an email from chime support asking me for my taxes, and identification, on the chime website it states that as soon as they receive funds, they put them in your account. I really wish chime would have let us know ahead of time what the process was, or if this happens then this happens, nope, I'm stuck waiting with no response, hard to talk and get in touch with them, I had to call and on the automated Service, say I was calling for something else, instead of stimulus info in order for them to answer. I'm stuck waiting and not knowing how much I received, I'm in limbo, and nervous about the whole situation. Is this normal, maybe I'm wrong.

Fraudulent Transactions Out Of No Where!!!

Don’t use chime literally had a notification from a company called pole systems a couple of hours ago and yesterday a notification from wwadawdargref Wewedwe and another one days before that and I had to cancel that card but I can still see when somebody attempts to use my card and yet at that you’ll click on the notification and it leads you to no where it doesn’t even show up in your transactions.. Do not use Chime all your money will disappear!!!

Account Frozen

So my stimulus hit my chime account last night and soon has it did chime froze my account.i needed that money and now its stuck there and cant get a answer from chime at all...so messed up

Holding Deposits

Everyone seems to have their stimulus payments as of yesterday and today. Chime even chose 1,000 randoms to send it to, while the rest of us have to sit and wait longer. They got the same direct deposit transmission alert from the irs as everyone else. Not cool at all Chime. Smh

Magee_Maria

I am not sure if I have funds deposited to my chimes account or not I haven't been able to log in and I lost my debit card is there any way I could get them to reach out to me

Direct Deposit

I get payed every week . April 1st was supposed to be my last check . So much has been going on with vivid-19 . I forgot I got payed April 1st I go to chimes bank account statements and see I received my deposit check but the balance remained the same. Has anyone ever experienced this if so please let me know. Chime is a scam.

I Have Had No Problem With Chime

My chime was added on fb pay and someone took $200 from me. I got up the next day on Friday April 3 & called chime to cancel my card on but they gave me 2 extra days to use it before they cancel it out completely. I was eligible for express shipping and I received my card on Tuesday April 7 I didn’t even wait a whole week. I am still waiting for my $200 to be replaced though I did dispute it and sent an email but I am also aware of the process and current status. Hopefully by the 17th like they informed me I should have my $200 back into my account.

Unbelievable

This worse bank i have ever tied to work with my home was broken into around te same time as i got laid off due to the virus all i have done for the last 4 eeks is email call or send more information everyday.chime will not send me a replacement card with my last paycheck on it after ive done everything asked of me my family and myself are still at home where the governor has asked us to do to stop the speard of this virous and now we are out of groceries when chime refuses to send me a card with the cash on it to get by..they have no cares or worries about the American public worse company ever

Horrible Bank

Chime is a joke. You have to chat with a robot via messenger and they will deny direct deposits. They rejected my tax return because my husband was listed first on the return. I provided the requested documentation and still denied. I now have to wait 2-3 weeks for a paper check and i am behind on rent and bills due to covid 19. Bank anywhere else besides chime. use cash app or netspend. I will never back with chime again

“Unusual Activity”

So I decided to use Chime because they Chase closed my account and I needed a bank for direct deposit. I signed up, received my card, only to tell me there were signs of unusual activity. My ID expired and I am awaiting to be paid of Friday! Please help or give some advice

Very Poor People Skills

I cashed a check with chime as I commonly do with the mobile deposit. I deposited on 4/4/20 and heard back on 4/7 the day I expected my deposit that they had denied my check. Mind you they accepted it when I first submitted it.

They gave me absolutely zero reason and just told me they wouldn’t cash it and I can cash it elsewhere but not with chime. The check was a work check and from chase bank and it’s a very reputable company who pays tons of other employees and they have no issues with this.

Beware.!!!!! Frauds

Chime is letting people hack customer account they stole 1,900 outta my account and chime is doing investigation but I need my money now it’s shouldn’t Neva happened at

Extremely Disappointing

I've been with chime for over a year and everything was great till 1300.00 was stolen from my account this morning. I had to jump through hoops to file a dispute but after seeing the reviews about fraudulent charges on a lot of peoples accounts, I have no hope of having my money returned to me. I honestly do not think chime cares about its customers. So now my account is frozen and all my money is gone and I have to wait 45 days to probably be denied just like everyone else. I'm homeless and just lost my job due to covid-19. This is just awful.

New Account

I recently applied for the "Chime" card. What a joke. They don't tell you the process during the commercial just how great the card is. Well the application process should have been an inclination that it's for people with great credit. When they ask for your social security number source of income and date of birth, it's to run a credit check. Seriously? If your supposed to be a "debit" card it would be based on what a person have on the card not credit. What a joke!!!

Heather1976

I have no idea what happened to my direct deposit and I don't really know how to use this application. It could be more informative.

It's Been 3 Weeks And I Still Haven't Received My Card.

What good is a direct deposit payment when I never get to use my money. When I called and asked they cancelled the first card(which I still haven't seen) and sent another one saying it's going to be another 2 weeks.

Chime Is A Hoax

I recently sign up with chime thought it would be convenient for me to transfer n save funds but that is not the case with this bank. I made one transfer and come to find out there were two transfer funds made on my checking account thru my bank....i went to dispute the transaction that i didnt make the transfer funds but had a overdraft charge til the next day it was refunded. However next thing i know my chime account was closed without motice or any explanation to why they close my account but yet have my money. I email them 2x's no responce i call several times couldnt get thru n i even tried to log into my account which i wadnt able to bcuz its closed
I got an email from chime saying they no longer partner with me or somethin like that n my account is closed. Im very angry n disappointed with this bank n with so many bad reviews from other ppl this bank needs to be shutdown n out of buisness.

Chime Is A Scam

This is one of the worst companies... I am so moving from this bank (So called)..Do you know their name the bank for a reason, and we trust him with our hard earned money most of us are mothers parents. I’ve never been so frustrated with the bank before they are not able to send any documentation they’re not able to release any information what are you there for. All I need it was documentation that the amount was approved and speaking to the people It’s just like picking up the phone and calling China. No one knows what I’m speaking of and I can’t make out what they are saying why are we done like this. One of the worst and most stupidest companies ever!!!!!All of them are a waste of time in the facility should be closed being that you have to speak with a robot to get concerns and when you call no one still is able to offer customer service.

Fraudulent Activity

Obvious fraudulent activity on my account with duplicate charges 2hrs away from where I live. I used the card to buy gas and 30mins later a total of 5 back to back atm withdrawals from a location 2hrs away totaling 980$. The atm location only list the city and no address, and Chime finds this not to be fraudulent? And still has not refunded my money. Once it's gone they dont care.

TERRIBLE!!

Its takes DAYS to get any kind of response about missing money. Stories about my missing money changed everytime I finally ahold of someone. Have numerous emails sent with only a handful of responses, each with a different excuse. No one can seem to track my money at all and its been at CHIME for a week now!

Chime Direct Deposit

4 other people at my job have chime... They ALL got paid today EXCEPT me . I called chime and they’re customer service is very dismissive. They have a prewritten response to tell you any time you have a direct deposit inquiry. “Chime does not hold your money, as soon as we receive it, we will release it to you. Your funds have to be approved and processed through the federal reserve, first.” Well that’s funny, because multiple people at my job received their money and i did not, so that statement is false. Then they say please check with your employer to assure they have your account number and routing number correct . I checked , double checked, and triple checked IT IS ALL CORRECT.... what is the issue CHIME? Then their response is “ok well just wait” WHY DID 4 OTHER EMPLOYEES WHO I WORK DIRECTLY SIDE BY SIDE WITH GET THEIR DEPOSIT BUT I DID NOT . It makes NO SENSE. I received my direct deposit email from my employer meaning that payroll was processed .. SO WHERE IS MY MONEY CHIME ?? terrible

My Chime Account On Hold

I have sent them everything they asked for. They keep giving me the run around and asking for the same things. So I filed a complaint with the BBB and Federak Reserve. Now I have to wait for this. Has anyone else had this problem.

CHIME DEPOSIT ACCOUNT

I'm so disappointed. I switched to chime and have only been with them one month. My first check deposit is already late, not early as PROMISED and the app is not working properly.

Really Angry With This Bank

My chime account was recently hacked and my money was stolen and there were also transactions I wasn't aware of regarding to my phone and personal information being stolen. I reported everything to chime that same day. I followed the instructions on the dispute form to report everything and mail it to them. I have even constantly sent them numerous emails about my claim and the next day I've got an email about my claim was dismissed and how they closed my investigation because they found " no error " in my claim.

Terrible First Experience

My account was suddenly deleted, I got an email and a notification alerting me that I had $483.00 deposited into my account before I could reach an ATM my account was closed. I’m not sure if I did anything wrong but I don’t think it was me and it’s been weeks since I’ve encountered this still no check in the mail and just bs automated messages. Help please!

Not To Good So Far

I had green dot and my direct deposit was always there Tuesday no matter what. Even if Monday was a holiday the money was in my account tuesday at 6am. I changed to chime and here it is Tuesday morning at 7 and still no money. Never should have changed.

They Are Terrible

When the card first came I was excited about the possibility of getting paid a couple days early. The first issue was the routing number printed on the paperwork that came in the mail with the card was wrong, so I ended up receiving a check from payroll. Now 2 paychecks later, and set up with the routing number shown in the app it is noon on the day that it showed up in every other account, still nothing in chime. Over it goodbye chime.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY CHIME BANK!!

I have been with Chime since 2017 and has never been so happy with a bank! Chime actually treats you like a bank customer, allowing unlimited deposits, transfers from checking to saving, depositing checks via mobile phone, funds being available right away, overdraft and even paying you and your friends for referrals! They even stay on top of things when there are issues. I had a loan with a company and had the loan deposited to my Chime account, I paid the loan in full and after I paid the loan off, they were still deducting money from my account, every payday! I notified Chime of this and they gave me a provisional credit right away and did an investigation, after the investigation, they sent me an apology and let me know that they had my back!!!! If you are a Chime customer, did you know that you can also link your account to your Cash app? What other prepaid company allows this? To end this, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of all the fees that banks charge to hold your money and the madness of paying overdraft fees, and YOUR hard earned money being kept from you, you may want to consider Chime!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company!!! ????????????

Chime Bank A Bunch Of Lies

I will never recommend chime to anyone I know there are better places to bank with. They lie lie and lie some more. I have been getting everything switched out of chime to another account because I'm done being lied to by them so I won't recommend or continue using this bank myself. Sorry to anyone that has had to deal with the same bs

My Chime Banking Experience

Wow! I've been reading all these other post about their experiences with banking with Chime and I'm so surprised by all the negative results.
I've only been with Chime a few months and before that I was with greendot and that was a terrible experience so I was excited to switch to Chime.
I get my direct deposit sometimes just hours later of my company submitting our payroll. And I've reached out to customer service many many times and never once have I had a bad experience. They've always been very friendly and helpful and thats something I definitely wasn't used to after being with greendot for so long. Im sorry so many other people have had some pretty horrible experiences with Chime, but I can honestly say I've enjoyed it so far and wish I would've switched sooner.
If you want terrible customer service call greendot and I promise you won't be disappointed.

DO NOT BANK WITH CHIME

THEY DO NOT PROTECT AGAINST FRAUDULENT CHARGES. Once you deposit, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to withdrawal. They will hold your funds for long periods of time. They randomly closed my coworkers account which had $5000 at least and held the funds for weeks. Their customer service is a joke filled with people that barely speak English. SAVE YOURSELVES.

Terrible Service

Also, one you deposit. You can never withdraw.

Chime- Awful Experience

When they experienced the outage, all of their customers suffered. People couldn’t access their account balances, people’s cards were denied even though they had plenty of funds, and much more. This went on for days will really not many details of the situation. I personally was unable to buy shoes because my card declined. I wasn’t able to get a hold of Chime because I think they had their phone lines off. It took chime almost a week to get things up and running. No one saw compensation for weeks until they sent an email out saying they were going to give $10 to every affected and unable to make a purchase and so on. I never received my $10 compensation even though there is proof my card was declined. They wouldn’t get back to my emails for days. And if I called I would end up talking to basically a robot that said I didn’t qualify for the compensation. BEWARE OF THIS BANK. Customer service was awful. This outage that happened could have happened to virtually any bank. But the very poor handling of it on Chimes end. And time feeling worthless to everyone I spoke to caused me to have to leave this bank.

They Closed My Account Without Warning

No warn about why my account was closed. I got my friendly notifications this morning letting me know my balance. Around 6pm try to use my card and it was declined. Come to find out THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. The customer care is a joke. And their 24hour support. Horrible.

Horrible Customer Service Stay Away At All Costs!!!!!!!!

So at 1st like many others there was no issue with Chime. I loved the early paychecks which mine was 1 day early but still it was nice. I have had them for a year now until things went really bad really fast. So last week I notice my direct deposit is not in my account. Come to find out Chime rejected my direct deposit because of my employer did not include my employee number at the end of my name on the check. Chime stated that this number was on my checks previously. My employer stated this should be no reason that your bank should decline the check. So I had to have my check mailed to me. So I call them up today and wanted to confirm that next week my check will go through okay. Long story short I received service reps who do not care nor show empathy, many long pauses of silences, I had to speak up many times to just see if they were still on the line. Supervisors are a joke and the final straw today was from the escalations department. Still telling me my name does not match because of the damn employee number. Just unreal. Stay away do not trust your money with this company.

Do No Go With Chime

I registered to get a Chime card and I got one after doing all the information and everything. After trying to activate the card they told me the account was closed. So I’m wondering why it’s closed and I just registered for the stupid card. You can’t call the customer service because they tell you your account is closed and they hang up. You can’t email them. They respond but don’t tell me why my account is closed, they only say the information cannot be disclosed. So I’m confused to say the least. I’ve never done business with these people so why am I having such a hard time. I hate these Chime people.

BE AWARE!!!!!!!

The Chime team let someone hack into my account, Steal $800.00, make multiple transactions to Door Dash, change my email address on file, log me out of my mobile banking, and locked me out of performing any functions. My account is now negative $42 dollars due to this negligence. No one asked the individuals who changed my email address to send over a valid drivers license to make sure they were who they said they were to update that information like they have did to me on numerous occasions. I know have to wait 10 business days to possibly receive my money back once again due to this unsecured banking system.

Chime REVIEW

DONT SIGN UP FOR THIS....DOES NOT PROTECT AGAINST FRAUDULENT CHARGES...THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER....OVERALL RIP OFF...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.....

Yep Worst Bank Around

Watch out for thm thy will credit ur acct after reporting unauthorized use.....thn thy will tak it all bac.....

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Miserable, Terrible, The WORST, TERRIBLE, DON't DO IT!

If you want a MASSIVE headache every month or two, choose Chime. OMFG they are so incompetent and their system is unbelievably lacking. I've had fraudulent transactions wipe out my entire account through normal use. When I call to get it fixed, it is an absolute nightmare, which a high chance that it will be all for nothing and no progress will be made. Depositing cash, which is still used in today's world, is a massive pain in the *$$. Nothing works.

Chime Bancorp

Chime is possibly is the worst bank ever. Not only are you dealing with incompetent individuals you have the added bonus of dealing with a huge language barrier....if you don’t speak Spanish you’re screwed. Trying to communicate with chime is like pulling teeth. They use filler reply’s to put you at ease when in fact they have not clue how to address bank concerns like the lates date breech they call technical issues. Take your money and run otherwise your money will be stuck in a 30-60 day black hole they call banking process..... I say it’s the last ditch effort to generate interest on your money when you realize chime is a joke....with nothing to offer. This bank is good for people who can’t open a normal account. If you have issues posting a bad review it’s not you.

Not Looking Like A Good "Bank" So Far

Signed up with Chime mid October switching from Amscot which you get paid 2 days early as well, today was suppose to be my first 2 day deposit with Chime......suppose to be......suppose to be. Well I have been with my employer for numerous years and know exactly when they do the payroll and like I said Amscot always had my deposit in my account anywhere from 1am-3am 2 days early, Chime claims to not hold your deposits and just releases when they receive it, hell who knows this may be a giant scam and I may never see my money.

Neer Received My Card

I wish I could write about the functionality of this mobile bank however I never received my bank card. I think they might be a scam company. I lived in a house when I first opened the account in June of 2019. It is now October and they "attempted" to send me a card 3 times. In July I was living in a house and they claimed the card couldn't be delivered there. I moved in July to an apartment, requested a new card be sent to my new address, and they claimed, again, it could not be delivered there. Out of frustration, I had them try to send ANOTHER card to my previous address as my friend still lives there. And, you guessed it, they claim it couldn't be delivered. I double checked the addresses I entered each time and they are all correct.

Superficially Great, Underneath It All, Not So Much

Overall I thought Chime was great. It seemed consistent at first, but then on a couple different occasions I got my Direct Deposit later than when I'd usually get it. Then last week with the whole Chime system being down for a couple of days really threw me for a loop. Although they said ATM/Debit transactions were available, not all are created equal. The time the system went down was when I was supposed to be getting my Direct Deposit. Well I had no access to that. Couldn't pay bills, buy myself groceries, and best of all definitely couldn't order myself an uber. If this happened with any major bank, oh woah the fallout would be tremendous. Instead we get an email: sorry for the inconvenience, I know we've had a lot of complaints, rest assured we are working on it? My advice to you is, you want trust and access to your funds? Use a real bank, at least they are consistent. Yes there are more fees, but you don't have to worry about where your money may have went or why you don't have access to it. I loved Chime, but after these couple of strikes I definitely will be okay with waiting a few extra days to get my direct deposit with my usual bank.

The Absolute Worst Ever !!!!!!!

Finally I guess chime bank said their online app works now. Yesterday I had $216 deposited into my account this morning when I woke up it said my account was -$222.44. I looked on recent transactions and there were three ATM withdraws that I did not do. So I called in to customer service and waited one hour and 11 minutes and 42 seconds to speak to somebody. Then once some once a customer service representative got on the phone I could I could barely hear them at all it kept fading in and out. So I explain to the customer service representative that I could barely hear them that we had like a bad connection and if there was any way they could call me back. The customer service representative said no there’s no way that they can call me back. So I will explain my situation to the customer service representative and she said hold on I’ll get back to you another 33 minutes and 22 seconds and passed and I was still on hold but finally someone came back. So I had to explain the whole situation to her again and to make a long story short she said their system is all messed up and that my $422 that was supposedly withdrawn from My account would be placed back on my account and 2 to 4 business days. Now my balance is reading -9 dollars. I am contacting the Better Business Bureau today to see what can be done. If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know.

A Bad Experience

Several months ago I was referred to chime bank by friend. Chime bank advertised that if you refer a friend and they set up direct deposit at the both of you would receive a $50 bonus. I set up direct deposit and met all the requirements so that the both of us would receive the $50 bonus. A few weeks went by and my friend and I did not receive the $50 bonus. At that time I called into chime and spoke to a customer service representative. To make a long story short they played us and never gave either one of us the $50 bonus. I still was willing to give this company a chance so I continue to get my checks directly deposited. A few nights ago I got off work at 2:30 AM and tried to order in Uber Using my Chime card I was declined from the Uber. I had to stand outside in the cold and rain until 5:00 AM and had to catch a bus. Chime States that they were experiencing technical difficulties and that all direct deposits and purchases along with ATMs could be used. I truly believe that chime bank was hacked and they’re lying to us about it. Yesterday I had confirmation that my check was cleared from my employer and it still has not yet been posted by chime bank. I called in and was on able to speak to a customer service representative. They told me to send an email with my concerns and that would be answered in a timely manner. I sent in a dozen emails and haven’t gotten a response as of yet. I went ahead and filed a complaint against this company with the Better Business Bureau. I strongly suggest if anyone else out there is experiencing the same problems should also file complaints against this company With the Better Business Bureau. If I ever get my money I am withdrawing it all and closing down my John Bank account. I have a few friends and family and also use Chime and they’re closing their accounts down as well.

Chime Banking

It has been days now that your system somehow hasn't been accessable. We have received your email responses claiming our funds are secure & nor to worry. How can anyone not take offense to your claim knowing you can't even resolve the issue? This is the reason most people don't trust the banking industry because you can't even communicate the truthfulness of why it has been days your system crashed. This is totally unacceptable banking relationship!

Don't Do It

My money is gone and every time I try to get someone on the phone it hangs up on me. I want to know where my money is,............

Chime Worse Banking Experience Ever

several years ago I had to have surgery to reconstruct my wrist which was completely shattered by the end of this experience I had lost my vehicle and ruined by credit recently I had to take a loan from a payday loan place now thanks to chime who systems went down and gave me no access to my money I am late on this loan 5 years of trying to rebuild my credit down the drain on top of this it is the worst customer service experience I have ever had take heed to my warning and don't consider chime I would do everything in my power to try to sink this company don't choose chime don't let this happen to you

Don't Join These Liars

Never received referral bonus. Everytime i try to check my account balance I am sent a verification code. What a hassle. Then today worldwide the chime online service is down and you can't use your chime card anywhere due to chime is having issues. I have never experienced this with any other bank. I wish i could give 0 stars!!

Horrible Place To Bank

The worst experience of my life. My card was stolen and someone charged up a couple hundred dollars worth of gas I put in a dispute claim. Chime would not return my money as they said they did a full investigation. Investigation on what apparently they didn't send the people out to look at the gas station cameras to see that it wasn't me just filling up my tank with gas in a car that I don't have. Please I advise you this is not the place to let hold your money.

Unauthorized Charges

When it comes to unauthorized charges, chime will leave you stranded. I’ve had 3 charges of $74.00 come out of my account within the span of 15 min at a corner store, which completely drained all my money I had in that account at the time. I reach out to chime, first I get put through a bot, which is completely useless. Then I’m put on the phone with the stereotypical broken English speaking customer service rep. I’m told there’s nothing they can do until the charges are no longer pending. 3 days go by the charges finalized, so I request a dispute. One day later i get an email saying my dispute has been rejected. I go through the hot again and finally get ahold of someone so they could explain why. All I’m told is that “we don’t have access to that information” and to file a “rebuttle” which could take up to 45 days for a response 45 days. Any other bank could have had this settled with funds back in my account within 2 days. Utterly ridiculous what chime has going on. Definitely wont ever store money with them again. Terrible and useless customer service.

The Absolute WORST!!!

I opened a Chime account after seeing their convincing ad on TV. I really liked the idea of accessing direct deposit funds two days before payday (as they advertise), so I submitted their direct deposit form to my employer. Payday came, but no funds appeared in my Chime account. I immediately contacted my employer, who verified my Chime routing and account numbers, as well as the fact that my funds had been electronically transmitted. I then phoned Chime, and spoke to a customer service representative with a thick accent. I began by verifying my account and address information with him, and then requested his assistance to track down my funds. After verifying the information I gave him, he stated that Chime doesn’t have my funds, and suggested I wait until it (eventually) shows up. I asked to speak to a supervisor. The representative put me on hold for several minutes. He then returned to the phone with a little extra bass in his voice (same accent), and repeated what he’d told me earlier.

I’m missing an entire month’s pay, with no apparent recourse for recovering it. I very strongly suggest that you avoid Chime at all costs. If my initial experience with them is any indication, Chime is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Chime Is The Worst EVER

I transfered money from my bank to my chime account ....9 BUSINESS days ago. I have talked, emailed pulled my hair out and still not even a straight answer just repeat if poorly scripted responses from customer support. Can someone ..anyone tell me where my money went? What's the deal seriously? Is this just a big scam? Get people to sign up provide what any 1of the 100s of prepaid credit cards out there provide just with slicker marketing then siphon off amounts from customers accounts with ploys like missing transfers, deposits, mystery company debits, and the old oh no some hacked your account ohhh but sorry fine print we don't reimburse for that :( There is something off here something doesn't add up. Reading reviews on multiple sites it's seems at least 3/4 of their customers have experienced some type of missing money from their account. I totally understand any system involving technology or humans is bound experience some glitches but that seems like a few to many glitches and the same type of glitch. If it was a issue with a program why hasn't it been addressed it's much more serious than sometimes the app crashes it's people's money the stuff they use to eat drink keep a roof over their heads.

Wow, This Sucks

1st they are not set up with Capital One, which means I can’t pay my car payment from Chime.
2nd they rejected a mobile check deposit that was filled out legibly and correctly
3rd upon trying to resolve the mobile check deposit, I found out you will NEVER get someone on the phone, only through chat in the app.
4th, you have to talk to their bot before it lets you chat with a person.
5th, finally got into the real person chat room. No response from the company, the bot, or the person.
Not worth putting your money into.

Unauthorized Atm Chrgs

I left my wallet in the shopping cart at walmart. I notified Chime immediately. After viewing my online status I noticed the atm withdrawals three for a total of $265
I filed a disbute waited the ten days an was finally told the case was closed. Not in my favor.
I thought we were protected against such things like this. I filed a complaint with CFPB
I intend to close this acct. There is no protection.

Horrible Service

My debit card number was stolen. I called to get a new card. Was told it would be 3-5 business days until it would arrive. It has been that long so called and they had said that I was told wrong and it wouldn't arrive until July 5th (10 business days) or at the latest July 10th (14 business days). They do not send cards out in that time length. After talking to three different customer service representatives, was told sorry but there is no way that you will have access to your money unless you have a Venmo account and card, we send you a check which takes 10 days, another checking account that can link with Chime, or a friend who also has Chime and will pull your money out from an atm if you send it to their account. I have none of these. They will not transfer to my PayPal, which I have a card for or help me in any way. After being on the phone with them for over 2 hours all they could say was "sorry we have no other options for you. We cannot help you in any way. You have no other options, but to wait for your card." That is three whole paychecks and I have bills to pay and children to feed and gas to get in my car, so I can make it to work. I got absolutely no help or sympathy from them at all other them acknowledging that I was screwed on getting my money.

The WORST Experience With A Prepaid Card

Do not EVER use this card for a hotel! they say they will release the funds within 7 days but they don't and what they put you through to get the funds released is a nightmare! They refuse to do anything you have to have your hotel do a statement and email it to them A copy of the folio from the hotel showing is 0 balance won't do. stay away from this card and away from their awful customer service that have no one you can actually speak with you have to email and wait for hours and hours for responses it's ridiculous this is the worst card ever!!!!!

Run Fast To ANY Other Bank Besides Chime Bank.

Big issues:

-You cannot export your transaction ledger as a spreadsheet. This is a basic feature every bank EXCEPT Chime will offer. They told me no at every turn. As a response, I filed a complaint with the Federal Reserve.

-You have to have a direct deposit to use half of their features. This is a no go for me because I'm self employed.

-Chime cannot connect with any web service that can pull in your banking history.

Terrible bank.

Terrible -- Better Options Out There

I signed up because I liked the "round up" option for microsavings.

However, I encountered the following problems:
1. "No fees" -- yet you have to search high and low and to find an ATM machine to actually get your money out otherwise they charge 2.50. Even if you take it into the bank and run it through as a charge, you are still charged 2.50.

2. 500 limit per day on getting cash out... they really want you to use the card for swipes -- I assume that is how they make their money.

3. Terrible customer service -- when I joined, they had no humans that you could interact with -- only "Chimebot" on the app.

4. Sketchy reputation among other banks -- because I set up a recurring transfer from another bank so that I could actually earn INTEREST on my savings (as opposed the 0.01 percent that Chime "pays"), the other bank flagged my account for fraud and froze it. I could not get ahold of a live human being to verify my account (see above about "Chimebot").

5. All deposits from another institution are held for 5 days regardless of how long you have been a customer.

I have now switched to Empower. It pays 2 percent cashback on debit card swipes. ALL ATMS are free. You get your direct deposit up to 2 days early like Chime. You get paid 2 percent interest for both checking and savings and it offers seamless integration and transfers with outside banks -- even my credit union. No 500 cash back limit on getting money out like Chime. Only downside is there is no website -- only an app.

Aspiration is also switching to a 2 percent cash back on debit card swipes and also pays 2 percent interest though their ATM network is more limited.

Referal Bonus

Customer Service was extremely rude. They also need to word properly about the Referal Bonus! Its not $200 deposited within 45 days of signing up! Its ONE transaction of $200! Very misleading and upset that i missed out on the Bonus i was waiting on! Customer service didnt care to fix this issue and when spoke to Supervisor he as well didnt care. Very misleading information. And for the fact now if i have $200 deposited in one transaction it will have been past the 45 days and will not honor it.

Completely Disorganized, Poorly Run, Inept Service

I feel like Chime is something that a group of "techies" made and rushed out to the general public without working out all the kinks. I didn't even get to use the account because of so many issues that came up with trying to link the account with USAA. The routing number Chime will provide you will likely register at your other institution as a prepaid debit card account. So USAA kept saying that the Chime account routing number is either invalid or does not accept external transfers... (USAA will not connect with a prepaid account due to fraud). Chime did not understand this and they asked to me tell USAA that they are not a prepaid account, which I did. USAA tried adding it again with the same issue. Chime's email support team kept sending me generic responses to this issue. So I finally called and spoke to two different reps who struggled to communicate in English. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for over 20min with no response. I finally hung up and emailed their support team to close the account. This account is honestly a complete waste of time. If you are looking for a mobile app type bank, stick with Simple.

This is the best online bank

No silly fees ..fast direct deposits and excellent app ...Only downside is the ATM fees when you are traveling international..The app is one of the best designed app I have ever seen ...Much better than the one in bank of america ...Also it provides more insights into all the transactions ...I wish they had the option of depositing cash ..They are working on it but its still not available ..I also love the mobile deposit options on their app ...

Terrible support

When I first heard about chime I was really excited about them. I love online-only banks because they are really convenient for my mobile life. When I signed up using the app, I immediately had a huge issue. It wouldn't let me attach my card to the account. I tried to contact support, as I was unable to utilize my account, and they didn't reply to me for over two weeks. When they finally did reply they apologized but it left a bitter taste in my mouth and I decided to no longer use them.