Citibank Reviews

I enjoy this bank

I have had a great experience with this bank, I have had no issues, We do all our banking online and the website is flawless and very easy to maneuver on. It is not cluttered or hard to understand either. I like that it is a cut and dry site, and It moves at a good size pace. My checks are direct deposited and I always get an email and a text when i have deposits go in to my acct, I have also had a rep call my when I had an overdraft and she helped me take care of it so I wont get t charge.

Easy to Use

Posted by: Attrapace | May 18, 2018

I've had positive experiences with CitiBank checking account. The online banking is easy to navigate and have not had any issues with accessing my account or using the online banking features. I use the mobile app on my iphone and like the features and security measures versus other online banking apps. I had fraud on my account and the resolution and communication about fraudulent charges exceeded my expectations. When I contacted citibank they immediately put alert on my account and the process of reimbursement was simple.

Citibank is one of the best banks

I've been banking with Citibank for a few years now. When I first made an account with this bank, I only had a checking account and since then, I've created two savings accounts too. I think that citibank is definitely one of the best banks I've been a customer for. In the past, I've had TD Bank. Citibank excels in customer service, cost of fees, and accessibility to ATMs. TD Bank only allowed you to take money out of ATMs without fees at their branches. If it was an non-TD Bank ATM then they would charge you $3, plus the fee of the ATM itself. Citibank does not to that, so I think that is one reason why it is a superior bank. Their website an mobile app are convenient and easy to use. It has everything you could need, such as the ability to transfer money from one account to another without having to go into a branch. It also allows you to deposit checks right from your phone, so you can deposit paychecks without having to go to the bank. Their customer service is unparalleled. They are always available to help you with anything you need, at any time.

Lack of Customer Service

I banked with Citibank for approximately 5 years and recently had to switch to another institution. My main issue with Citibank was the lack of quality customer service and slow response time to problems that had arose. At the time I had direct deposit from my employer and there had been three months in a row that there was an issue releasing my funds from a pending status at my bank. Using the telephone customer service line was monotonous, time consuming, and fruitless experience. Not only did it take several minutes to speak with an actual human regarding my issues, the ones I was able to speak with were unsympathetic and not understanding the urgency of having paychecks held for days after they were supposed to be released. I had one particularly bad experience with a phone customer service representative that refused my requests to speak with a supervisor saying there was nothing that could be done but just waiting for my funds to release. After about three months of circling with customer service leading nowhere I decided to pull all my funds and transfer to another institution. I was so fed up I even canceled my citi credit card and opened one with my new banking institution.

Customer Service is Outstanding at Citi

Posted by: Belieldan | May 15, 2018

The Customer Service provided with Citi is outstanding. I have had a business checking account and savings with them for
4 years. I visit my local branch to make deposits daily. I am on on first name basis with the managers and tellers at my
local branch in Coconut Creek, Florida where my business is. The bank will go out of its way to help you with any and all issues related to banking as well as community support for charity. I volunteer for a local charity and the bank has been a supporter for the local golf tournament that we have.

When it comes to security and going the extra mile, I can't say good enough about my experience with this bank. I have had issues in the past with some fraudulent charges and Citi has backed me to get them resolved quickly with the least amount of stress.

Their fees are very competitive, the staff and phone representatives are friendly. I would recommend them to any and all that need a bank who still believes in customer service.

One last thing. The lines stay low when you bank inside because they are fast and don't want customers to wait. if there is a line and there usually is not, they will take your'e deposit for you in line and email you a receipt.

Big Banks Make You Feel Small

I was a member with Citibank for over 4 years. During that time, I felt like a product with them. The tellers at my local bank never knew my name or recognized me, even though I came multiple times a week to deposit money from work since I was paid in cash. Citibank had low fees, good benefits, and a comprehensive online page. However, the customer service I received on site and over the phone were both lacking. Twice my account was shut down because they said someone else was using my cards, but it was because I was travelling for work and buying gas in different states which I had told them about in the past numerous times. I was a number instead of a nurtured member of their bank, and that is why in the end I had to leave.

Citibank Customer Service

Posted by: Clinivi | May 14, 2018

I have banked with Citibank for about three years and for the most part it has been a positive experience. The only negative comments I have is how customer service is handled. There have been times when a customer service representative has not allowed me to finish my sentences and has repeatedly spoken over me not allowing me to explain the situation that I am experiencing.

Nice bank, but too expensive for me.

I enjoyed my experience with Citi Bank, but the fees were too expensive for an average Joe like me. I am better off with my credit union, although, the options there are slightly more limited. If you're a business Citi is for you.

Good, for the most part

I started banking with Citibank in college. My bank at home didn't have any branches near my university and so I decided upon opening up both a checking and savings account at Citibank. For the most part I was satisfied with the bank. I was able to use direct deposit to deposit the checks I earned as a student worker. It was also easy enough to transfer money from one account to the other electronically. This was a huge plus for me. However, I did have one issue in which my account was overdrawn when it shouldn't have been. I had written a check (and absolutely had enough in my available balance) but the check bounced. Citibank informed me that I did not have enough in my checking account (untrue) and then charged me an overdraft fee. When I called customer service, I talked to someone who literally could not understand what I was saying. I had certifiable proof (a screenshot of my online checking balance the day that I wrote the check; no other withdrawals were made) and the person I spoke with kept telling me that my balance was short. I finally went into a branch to show them this proof and they were able to undo the extra charges. This should've been able to be taken care of with one simple phone call! But aside from this one bad experience, I had absolutely no issues with Citibank.

No Real Problems With This Bank

Posted by: Blignagr | May 11, 2018

Ten years ago, when I got my first job, I opened a new checking account with Citibank. Honestly, from the first day, I was very happy with how the customer service is at Citibank and felt like they took care of me carefully and really cared about my needs as a customer. I remember walking into that bank as a young man (18 years old) and not really knowing anything about banking or how I would go about opening my account. A woman brought me to her desk and went through the details of opening an account with them, telling me about how fees work, how many ATM's they had in my area, overdraft situations, etc. I was so happy that someone was taking the time to walk me through the way it worked because I was worried it would be too complicated for me in the beginning, but after talking to her she really helped ease my anxiety about it and make me feel like I had chosen the right bank for myself. I have been happy now for a decade with this bank, the website is very easy to use and functional, the fees are definitely reasonable, and the customer service is nothing short of excellent. I always recommend this bank to anyone I know.

Decent bank for a large company.

Posted by: Bergivir | May 10, 2018

A few years ago I decided to open a second checking account with a nationwide bank. I choose Citi for there sign up offer. I was traveling a lot at the time so Citi fit my needs. The only complaint I had was when I called I was always transferred to a call center and it would take for ever to fix any problems that I might have had. Over the years I stopped using the account for everything but I still have it open to use when I travel.

Great customer service!

Posted by: JollyKing | May 7, 2018

I really like this bank. I have had many big banks in the past, and this one is by far the best out of all of them. I switched to this bank about 3 years ago because they offered lower fees for my 3 accounts than the current bank that I had did. They made the transfer from one bank to another very smooth and effortless. When I did have an issue with some fraud, I was able to speak to someone on the phone who was really interested in my needs and fixing the problem. This was very important to me because I did not want to do this without someone on my side and I felt that with this bank. Great customer service, they fixed the problem and even followed up with me a week later to make sure that the issue that I was having was resolved. I will continue to bank her for a long time to come.

Citi Bank Response

Posted by: Micraden | May 6, 2018

Citi Bank is actually one of my favorite banks. I have had an account with them for many years. I have always had positive interactions and have found that their "personal banker" program to be very useful. The individual that I was assigned to at my local branch, is very knowledgeable in both the bank procedures and product knowledge. I did apply for both a home loan and an auto loan but their interest rates were a little higher than my company credit union. All in all I have been very pleased with this bank.

Average

At CitiBank, I had a savings and checking account. I normally withdrew money from my checking and would occasionally add money to my savings (from holidays, extra cash from paychecks, etc). The services were fair, which is why i gave a rating of 4. The customer service was best in person and wasn't readily available on the app (unless you wait on the phone forever). The web mobile experience was good, however I found other banks such as Capital One and TD offered better mobile options and features. I had a difficult time with the institution when I withdrew money abroad. I received such a high international withdraw fee, when others banks like capital one reinbursed me for all those charges. The charges made me upset and I customer service didn't help much with fixing my anger about the situation. Overall, it's an average bank but I'd choose others.

Citibank Is A Great Place to Bank

I've been using Citibank for years, and I've never had a problem. I haven't ran into any hidden fees and their customer service is top notch. Citibank actually provided me with the mortgage for my home. The loan officer was extremely helpful and I was able to get me a great rate. I also use the Citibank Platinum Select Elite Mastercard. This credit card has a great mileage program, and I was actually able to buy flights for a wedding next month with the miles I earned from the card. I work in a cash heavy business and the abundance of ATMs in my city make it easy to withdraw money whenever I need to. Compared to other banks I've used in the past, Citibank is a no brainer. I would never use Wells Fargo or Bank of America ever again.

Citibank Checking Account Review

Posted by: Mediber | May 4, 2018

I've been a loyal Citibank customer for over 5 years. I have a checking account which connects to a debit card and several credit cards from Citibank. On the checking account, I have set up direct deposit with my employer. Citibank has never failed to deliver this deposit on time. I have used the debit card overseas and Citibank has one of the finest security systems. There were several occasions where I was immediately notified when I was using my card overseas upon instant transaction. Citibank's mobile and web functions are extremely easy to use and navigate. If there is one thing I wish Citibank could improve on is posting of pending transactions on checking accounts. There are times where the amount is deducted from the available balance but the pending transaction itself will not be posted until one or two business days later.

Citibank Money Market

Posted by: Aminall | May 3, 2018

I have been using a Citibank Money Market account for some time now and it has been extremely useful for my day to day needs. I especially like that the account comes with check writing privileges. This came in handy when I needed to put a down payment on an apartment. I simply wrote a check from the money market account the same way that I would with my checking account. The benefit of the Citibank account is that the interest is better than my traditional checking account. I also have my money market account connected with my savings and checking account with Citt, which means that all of my banking records can be seen at a glance through their online Citi bank portal. All I have to do is log in and the site has all three of my accounts at a glance with easy access. Overall, everything has been pretty simple to use and understand from the web portal to the benefits of check writing.

Citibank CD

Posted by: MediaWay | May 3, 2018

Citibank has been one of the banks I have used for my certified deposit products. I have used it for about a year now and I am very satisfied. Since opening the account, they have been very helpful with all my questions and getting my account setup was quite easy. I did it online in about 20 minutes, though I did have to upload documents to prove my identity, this is normal in this industry. I think their rates could be a little higher to compete with other large banks, but I am satisfied with the current rates enough to keep my account long term. I am conservative with my money, so their CD product works well for me, knowing my money is safe while growing a little bit eat month.

Citibank is the Worlds Okayest Bank

I have been using Citibank for 2 years now. I have had at least two bad experiences with customer service in those two years. Both times I had to call the help line, the employee was rude and non-helpful. However, that being said, the cool features (like the mobile deposit feature which I use almost exclusively these days as opposed to other methods of deposit) are worth banking there and even though I have had rude 'helpers' from Citi, at least they have the same (if not better) features as any other bank. The fees are pretty much in line with other banks... nothing special. The online services and interfaces are great. The one time I had a REAL problem (three charges to my account that were not me) they worked it out in a reasonable amount of time and didn't make me feel like a criminal, so that's a good mark for them. Overall, I am pretty much satisfied with Citibank and their services. (I have a Citibank credit card too).

Citibank Experiences

I have banked with Citibank before. I hated them terrible customer service, extremely rude tellers. Hidden fees everywhere. Every single employee always acted like it was the worst day of their lives. It got so bad I finally decided to move my money elsewhere.

Decent Experience, Annoying Website

Posted by: Altumband | May 1, 2018

My experience with Citibank was mostly positive. I banked with them only for a short time while I was attending college. I never went in to the actual bank -- I just used their online interface and a debit card. I never had any big problems with the bank, and they never charged me any fees or anything like that. My only complaint would be there website. It had an unintuitive interface and I often had to try and remember the exact login procedure, because Googling always took me to the wrong login page. It seemed like they had different login pages for different services, which was irritating. I also had some issues connecting my account to Mint, which is very important for me because that's how I keep track of all of my budgeting and track my expenses over time. Overall I would say my experience was just fine, but they could improve with their web services.

An average experience with CitiBank

I have been banking with Citi for about 3 years now. I have had a checking account the entire time. For the most part, it has always been very reliable. I can always look at my account online and easily see everything I need to. In a couple cases, they have had issues with transactions posting, and I have had to call them. The wait time on the phone is not the most ideal, but I am always greeted with a nice representative, who can help me with my issue. Their banking fees are about average and expected. Citibank has never done me wrong in any case. They have always worked their hardest to keep me happy and I appreciate that. I will continue using Citi in the future, because I have no reason to change. Overall, they are a very respectable bank and treat their customers well, and only have expected minor issues now and then.

Savings

I have a great bank, but I heard some awesome reviews for there savings department. What interest me was they have a fantastic interest program, which you can make a good amount of money just saving! The bank was very busy when I showed up, but one of the newer reps offered me some coffee. I think its always a nice touch when they do that. I spoke to a very nice lady that really knew her stuff. Transaction went very smooth and she was able to set me up a savings account in

Average Big Bank that Met My Needs

Posted by: KoolDev | Apr 27, 2018

I established a checking/savings account with Citibank when I went away to college. My primary motivation was to have a large national bank that would have multiple ATMs in my new home that would make it easy to access my money. As an out-of-state student that was most important to me. The savings account was more of an afterthought and I just kept a minimum balance. I believe the interest rate paid on the accounts was minimal, but given the relatively small balances I had on deposit, even a higher rate would not have yielded me much. Overall, the bank met my requirements for accessibility. This also was of some benefit when I was travelling around the country either on vacation or on job interviews. Closing my account when I settled in to a permanent home was painless and the service I received while nothing special, certainly met my expectations for ease and professionalism.

Convenient Website

Posted by: LandGo | Apr 25, 2018

I have had a nice time banking with Citibank. Their website is easy to navigate and handle my money and online payments.

Citibank a terrible expiriance

I banked with Citibank for about 3 years. They where ok for the first 2 years, but in the last year I decided to close my account with them because I had my account hacked 3 times in a row and each and every time Citibank made sure the experience was horrific excruciating painfully horrible. On one occasion they allowed someone to empty my account by processing about 50 transaction on the same day. Citibank never called me or notified me and they failed to recognize the transactions where suspicious so they allowed someone to empty my account. Then they actually made me speak to some sort of detective to declare my innocence before they would consider reimburse me for the money they allowed to be stolen. Citibank is a crap bank and no one should ever use them. They are beyond irresponsible. This type of event happened on two more occasions so I closed the account and moved to another bank.

A timeless stalwart, but needs to get with the times

Posted by: Artingha | Apr 24, 2018

Citibank is like that car you bought ten years ago that's still chugging along: reliable, sturdy, but sometimes you can't help but look at what the guy in the next lane is driving. The customer service is fast and helpful, especially once you get to the upper tier (read: higher bank balances). And the app feels fresh and new. But underpinning this glossy exterior are products that feel stale and outdated in 2018, particularly for millennials. Even as interest rates rise, you can expect to earn virtually nothing at all in return for giving Citibank the privilege of holding your assets -- even at the higher tiers. And in a world where Robinhood has made stock trading free for everyone, Citibank's nickel-and-dime fees seem truly archaic.

Mediocre web experience, fees not clear

I have a checking account with Citi and frequently use their website. The website experience for checking could be improved by making fees more visible. Instead of hidden away in footers and other pages on the website, the fees they are going to charge customers should be front and center on the main pages for your account. It seems like they are trying to hide very important things from customers. Also, the website seems to load slowly at times and I regularly get unavailable messages. The website could use larger fonts in headers. I'd like to be able to submit things in one click instead of multiple clicks. Just overall, make things clearer on the website and quicker to get done with essential tasks. When I need to do something I don't want to wait for the website to become available again.

Decent Service

Posted by: Appirof | Apr 21, 2018

When I banked through Citibank I had a decent experience with them. The fees on some of their products were a little bit much and their online customer service was lacking a little bit so that's why I ended up switching to my local credit union. Overall, I probably would not recommend them to a friend because in my opinion there are a lot better banking options available that surpass Citibank.

Citibank is fine

My experience with Citibank has been fine. I had a small savings account with them for a short while when I moved to town. I went in to deposit money in persona few times to the local branch and everything was pretty much fine. The teller I worked with was sort of stand-offish, she could have been more friendly. But most the time I use the website and app, and it is great. I like being able to check my balance and transfer funds on my phone wherever I am. I ended up moving to a different credit union because of my job, but I did really like the website of Citibank. It made me feel like I had more access to my accounts. It was especially good when I was traveling.

Mobile Banking Deposits

I've been with Citibank for a few years now, primarily because it feels like such a total pain to switch to a new bank. I have had mostly positive experiences, but one area in which I think they could vastly improve is their mobile check deposit app. It's too much work to make sure the check fits within the defined parameters on the screen, and you wind up spending too much time fiddling with the placement on the screen in order for it to take a picture. You should just be able to take your own picture quickly, and then the app should be able to scale the check to its own parameters, rather than the other way around. It would just make mobile check depositing that much easier.

Citibank - a great International Banking Provider

I am a professional who began looking at an international banking provider because I was sick of the international fees I was being charged when traveling. Since then, I have moved from Australia to the United States and furthered my relationship with Citibank to ease the cost of working in both countries simultaneously. I initially chose Citibank because of their customer service. Calling was simple - Yes, you can talk to a real person who is knowledgeable and considerate. Secondly, their website is easy to negotiate and simple to join. Their loans are diverse and reasonable. I didn't need to apply for any but I know they are there. Here is one big plus for this bank as opposed to many I have dealt with; they do not call you every second day trying to up sell their products. I am not a financial wizard and I want my bank to be honest, upfront, and not try to hide fees and sneak in new charges. I would recommend Citibank to anyone who has international needs and who want an institution that is easy to deal with but also has all the modern conveniences.

Good Bank

I've been banking with Citibank for almost ten years. I have both a checking and savings account with this bank. They are well known in the Midwest and I have been depositing money and using them for banking for many years. The younger years I didn't know any differently and it was easily to deposit my checks into the accounts and use my debit card. As I got older and moved to the East coast I realized that I couldn't find many if any branches and so it became very hard to deposit checks with them so I had to turn to direct deposit. I have lost a card before had to call their customer service and there was a rather long wait and it was a pain to report it lost. They needed me to send them a copy of a police report and it seemed like a lot of work, but besides that issue I have been happy with them as a bank.

No Ridiculous Fees

I've had a checking and savings account at Citi for years. They have numerous branches across the US and a presence in many of the global destinations I travel to most frequently on business. Their CD and Money Market interest rates are competitive with other institutions (which admittedly isn't saying much these days) and I've always had decent experiences when I've needed to interact with their Customer Service department. Unlike many major banks, they do not hammer you with ridiculous fees for every conceivable transaction. The mobile and web-based online banking utilities are nothing spectacular (compared to, say Wells Fargo) but they get the job done. Overall, I have been satisfied with the products and services provided by Citibank, and will most likely continue to do business with them in the future.

Citibank is the Best Among the Big Banks

I've had money on deposit with Citibank for over 10 years. In that time my experience working with Citibank has been positive and I can't think of a situation where Citibank customer service wasn't able to resolve the situation. They offer a wide variety of products with competitive rates which I find suitable to meet my banking needs. Along with a good customer service team they have a good amount of branch offices to meet my requirements both near my home and when I'm traveling. The Citi app for my Android phone makes it easy to find locations when I'm traveling or otherwise need to find a branch office. If I were to recommend a bank to anybody looking to open up a new checking or savings account I could recommend Citibank.

Citibank great for handling large transactions.

Posted by: MansGamer | Apr 17, 2018

I had a bank account with Citibank some time ago. During the time I had that account I had to do a very large insurance transaction that my local bank refused to deal with. Citibank handled my transaction with no questions asked at all. They accepted the large electronic deposit and allowed me to distribute the fund to where I needed to be with an unlimited withdrawal amount per day and an unlimited amount of transactions per day which is exactly what I needed to get done what I needed to get done. They were so much easier to deal with than my local bank and they were so much more accepting of my situation. Even though there wasn't a physical branch near me they made everything as easy as possible.

No complaints

Posted by: BelToy | Apr 15, 2018

I have been a member of citibank for 2 years and I have no complaints. Everything has been smooth so far an i have not had a bad experience yet. I appreciate the help they have given me when I was setting up the account, and I have no reason to have any issues with them. I am not sure if i am receiving the best services and price, because I have not banked with many other companies. I have noticed that I have received more cash back on purchases than I thought I would be. After only 2 years I have saved enough to buy a decent gift for myself or for my girlfriend. I have a credit card which I use on an almost daily basis on small items. I also like how there are many atms around my location. I don't have to travel far to get cash, so I plan on staying with citibank for a while.

Convenient online service

I bank with Citibank and having my personal checking account, joint checking account, personal savings account and savings accounts for my kids. My paycheck is directly deposited into my personal account. I their website to transfer funds between accounts and pay bills. I use their mobile app to make check deposits. I find that both the regular website and the mobile good enough to rarely ever visit a branch. I am a long time customer and do not have experience using competitor products, so I am not sure if the web/mobile experience is better elsewhere. However, it works fine and I have not had any problems or issues using them. My only complaint is that I have indicated that if there is an issue with my account, I would like to be contacted by text or email. They will call me and I will usually ignore calls from generic 800 numbers. I wish they would contact me with my preferred method so that I may quickly address any areas of concern.

CitiBank is good but not great.

Posted by: Almatet | Apr 14, 2018

I've banked with CitiBank for the last six months. The decision to change institutions came when I got engaged. We opened an account with citi while engaged and the name change process was a nightmare. Whereas with my other bank account at Chase all I needed to provide was my marriage cert and new ID, citi required more documentation and took far longer than needed to get stuff corrected.

The fees themselves are standard. My checking doesn't accrue interest like my competitor bank account and there are requirements in order to keep the account free. The overall account experience is okay, not great. The customer service for my bank account is subpar though. Any issues or questions I have, I will call in and customer service can never give a direct answer to me and I wait on hold for a stupid amount of time. The only reason we haven't left Citi is because my credit card is with them and the credit card has great features I'm not willing to give up.

Finding ATMs is also not the easiest. For that reason I think 3/5 stars is accurate.

Overall, their products are standard and their customer service is decent but given the choice, I'd stay with larger banks like Chase where they actively monitor my account and are able to directly answer a question regarding my account.

Citibank

Posted by: Connetta | Apr 11, 2018

Citibank is one of my favorite banks. When I lived in Chicago, it was the best bank to visit because the people were so friendly and took the extra time to answers questions and work with me on my accounts. All the tellers were friendly and it felt more like a local hometown bank than a national institution. Unfortunately, I had to move away from Chicago and Citibank doesn't have branches in my state, but I wish it did!

Good starter savings account

I opened my first savings account with Citi and had no issues. They verified my identity with help from my parents (I was 15 at the time) and I was able to start a modest savings very early. The fees were minimal and I was also able to get some interest on the account. Not much, but more than some banks will offer. Never had any issue with customer service and everyone was always polite.

A Good Online Bank for Purchases and Miscellaneous Needs

I have had a pretty good experience with my Citibank deposit accounts. I use these accounts primarily for purchases and online activities. I appreciate how quickly my funds are deposited to my account. And, so far, I have had no major issues. I will continue to use these services, and I will reccommend Citibank to my friends and family members.

good experience with CITI bank

I've had a good experience using CITI Bank Corp. Their customer service is quick and courteous. Compared to other banks I have used, I can get on and off the phone to solve a problem with my online banking with them in much less time. I made a mistake in a transfer between my credit card and checking account the other day and would have been charged a fee but when I called customer service they worked with me to refund the fee to my account and also get my transfer to the appropriate account. Also, when I walk into their branch, I am always helped immediately and made to feel like a valuable customer. I will be using CITI for many years to come.

An OK bank for the Common Consumer

Posted by: Landayan | Feb 15, 2018

This bank offers the average services for a bank and has been an overall pleasure to deal with. I have spoken with their phone representatives before for both losing my card once which they assisted with me very promptly and from weird purchases on my account. When I went away for vacation they quickly called me and made sure I was actually on vacation so as to verify my card was not stolen and I appreciated this a lot. Their mobile app could use some work however as it is clunky and laggy and that check deposit option can be buggy sometimes. But overall this bank has served its purpose to me. Another thing is their fees which can be a little overboard sometimes but that is also on me for not having enough money in the account at all times possible.

Citibank is great!

Citibank is one of my best banking experiences overall to this date. The deposits come through very fast, which is very good considering some banks. My experience was near perfect with customer service. I have had it once where a transaction wasn't getting through. I gave CIT bank a call and didn't get put on hold and was able to get the issue fixed within 15 minutes. I have had the bank able to fix issues in minutes that any other bank would take at least 1 hour to fix. Overall their customer service is fantastic. It is an easy and clean experience on the web. They show everything on their website and it's easy to navigate. Best of all their fees. I hardly notice their fees due to how small they take absolutely brilliant of them.

Good Service

Ever since l opened a checking account with CitiBank, I haven't had an course to regret. I remembered doing an international transaction for the first time from Africa, I was skeptical about it because I was scared l won't get the funds, the transaction was delayed a bit but after contacting my bank, everything was resolved timely to my amazement. I also have withdraw funds from my local savings account into my citi checking account and usually they indicated that the funds will be credited into my account with in 5 to 7 days but l usually receive it in less than 48 hours. I'm so much in love with my bank and no doubts, it's one of the best.

Checking account summary from Citi Bank

I opened a checking account from Citibank about 5 years ago and it was a pretty smooth process. I liked that I didn't need to have a minimum opening deposit because my prior banks needed about 50-100 dollars minimum to even get started. I originally was with Bank of America and wanted a new bank because Bank of America's customer service was, and still is, pretty poor, in my opinion. Citi greatly improved my overall experience and I love that most banks are allowing mobile check deposits and other phone app features. I also think Citi offers some of the best rewards/perks for their customers and Citi Bank keeps on implementing most of the latest cutting edge features for both your phone/mobile app and your online interface experience.

Great online bank

Posted by: Aramarket | Jan 22, 2018

I have a Citibank checking, a savings and two citibank credit card. Banking with citibank has been good for me. I find that they have great customer service and you can call with just about anything. I once forget to pay my credit card on time and they were able to remove the late charges and the branch is also very professional. If you go into the branch and you need something they will make sure they get it for you. There lines are not long and you can call your personal banker before going in to make sure your waiting time isn't long. I have been with citibank for over ten years now and I wouldn't dream of changing bank.

Citi bank is a good institution

Citi bank is a good institution
I have being a Citibank costumer for around 10 years until now; I have 3 accounts in the institution, I trust Citibank; it has a good online platform. It is easy to use and overall user-friendly. I just have one problem with the bank, very high overdraft fees. And it is hard to apply for a new credit card. That is why I don't have any credit card.

Citibank

I started using Citibank for my checkings and savings about 4 years ago and I am overall happy with it. I put a good amount into my checking so that I can have money that is liquids able and I can easily access and spend. I also have a savings CD that I do not have too much money into. It is kind of just a emergency fund because the CDS that they offer earn very low interest rates but have very low risk. I wish Citi offered higher rates with a little more risk but it is only a bank so I understand. I put most of my other savings into investment brokers so I can earn a higher rate on them and save for the future. I have a roth 401k at my other institution that is doing well and I am pleased with it.

Banking with Citi

Posted by: AprilKai | Dec 23, 2017

I banked with CITI for about 3-5 years while my husband was working over the road. I loved the convenience of being able to use the card in many states as my husband was an over the road driver of our own trucking business. The one thing I looked at as both an inconvenience and an advantage was the company placing holds on the card when multiple purchases were happening in a day in different states. Lucky they would call me and let me verify that it was myself or my husband using the card in these purchases so they would go through but there was one time (the first time it was used) it did not and the card was placed on hold for 5 days. He was stuck over the road luckily with a spare card from another company that he was allowed to make a fuel purchase with. The professionals on the customer service line were very nice but there wasn't much they could do at their rank. Big inconvenience but we got through it. After that things were great. The card was used and transactions were approved at times of use. We did have to put on my file with them that it would be used in multiple states as my husband drives over the road so I think that helped.

Best bank ever

Posted by: Ibahnot | Dec 1, 2017

I was turned down for my bank accounts. My credit is not great, and I have had trouble with banks before. I went through about 6 banks, one opened an account for me and then shut it down without notice with my money in it. I saw about CitiBank and figured that they wouldn't approve me but decided to try anyways. It was the best decision I have ever made. This is the best bank ever, I now have a checking account with a debit card and checks and have never had a single problem with them,

Citibank online experience

Using the citibank online account for savings and deposits is a satisfactory to good experience. It has a clean (if somewhat dated) interface and all the functionality required. I have been able to conveniently transfer money in and out of the account and set up bill payments (for utilities and rent) without issue. The chat help feature has been helpful when I have had questions about upgrading my account for new features. I will be looking forward to when they are able to update their interface to something a little more modern with better user interface flow, but am in no hurry as it does what it is supposed to now.

Citibank, generations of satisfied customers.

Posted by: Codardi | Nov 11, 2017

I have been banking with Citibank for 10 years now, my parents banked there ever since I can remember. I decided to go with them as an adult with them due to the satisfaction that my parents always expressed. I decided to stay with them due to the exceptional customer service. The representatives at my location know me by name and make me feel more than welcome, I truly feel like a member there. The accounts that I hold have made me great returns on interest and I have never had any issues there at all. I would recommend this bank, and branch to anyone that was interested, without a doubt. For a short time I held a second account at a different bank and it gave me perspective on just how great Citibank treats their members. Citibank offers great accounts for children as well, I currently hold savings accounts for all three of my young children that are building great interest for their future. So not only has Citibank catered to my parents, and now me, they are catering to the third generation in my family. I suspect that will continue on down the line.

citi bank

Posted by: Escitone | Nov 10, 2017

The bank is average, I like how I can do everything online, but do not like calling customer service. I think there should be a person answering the phone, to transfer me to the correct dept, instead of trying to navigate the phone menu. I find that annoying, and its not just this bank, but most bigger banks these days. I have checking account and a credit card through them. I think they also offer loans at competitive interest rates compared to the rest of the industry. I have not had a loan through them, but I do check on the rates periodically. If it's convenient I would recommend the bank to others, but I would not go out of my way to use them.

Best online bank

I have went through many different online only banks. I had some who I opened accounts with and then once I had money deposited into them they closed my account and took my money. Citibank is totally different from these companies, they have been quick to get me a debit card and check book. Their customer service is outstanding.

Easy bank to use

I have a savings account with Citibank. I have not been with them very long but I switched to them from Wells Fargo. Citibank customer service is better when it comes to helping customers over the phone than Wells Fargo was for me. They shipped me a new card out much faster when I lost mine last time. Also their mobile banking is easy to use and has more options of things to view on there without using the full site. I like that on Citi the amount you have to keep in your savings is low because sometimes I need to take money out but do not want to close my account. I plan on adding more services to my account since they seem to fit my needs financially.

Good Solid Bank

I initially opened an account with Citi Bank because a family member recommended it to me. I liked that there was no minimum deposit to open my account. In general I don't have any major complaints about the bank. The website is easy to use and I can easily move money between my accounts, which was a big selling point to me. However I can't say there's anything especially wonderful about them that stands out from other banks. It's a basic bank with solid account services and good customer service. I haven't had any problems but I haven't had anything amazing happen either. In general however I am happy with the service. The website functions well and I am able to talk to someone when I have a problem and need to call in, which has only happened a few times. I think the fees and whatnot are reasonable, everything is market standard. I would recommend.

If I Could Give No Stars I Would.

If I could give no stars I would. Worst customer service in the history of customer service.

Bank that meets all my expectations

This bank is very fast and useful for me since I can carry out all my needs at any time and in any place without many impediments, I can check my account and make transfers at any time of my day to day, since the accessibility is very easy And fast, do not ask for many security requirements and somehow I like this because I am always very rushed in my affairs and I need to develop quickly when entering this bank and use their services, I can also pay for the services I use In my house and a % of very good savings for the client. I really do not demand much more from this bank, it is practically perfect for me, it adheres perfectly to all the steps I want to take when I enter your website. It's a very different bank and very useable.

Account Opening Promotion Is A Scam.

Posted by: NCSV123 | Jul 2, 2017

Citi had a promo for opening a SAVINGS account. I fill out the application providing all information and accepting terms. I get an e-mail 3 days later turning me down for a bad credit rating. First, I am not applying for credit, I want to put money INTO their bank. Second, I do not have bad credit as I have zero debt or late payments. Now they have all my personal info and turned me down for what ? I even have a credit card with them so they know I have good credit. The promotion is a scam . I even replied back to them with no response to my reply. They must sit on their brains.

Best Bank ever

This is the best bank I've ever worked with hands down. Other banks I've dealt with have been beyond terrible (looking at you Wells Fargo). The customer service is always trying to help me and the bank gives me the tools to make my life easier with their website and mobile app. I couldn't recommend this bank enough. Opening a savings and checking account has never been so easy and painless. Depositing money and withdrawing is also a very easy and fast process.

My Citibank Experience

Overall, my experience with Citibank has been overwhelmingly positive. I have banked with them since I was 18 years old, which was 12 years ago. As technology has improved, Citibank has been quick to adapt. I was among the first in the United States to receive a secure debit card with a chip in it. Citibank was also one of the first to offer free mobile deposits for checking. Depositing checks on mobile devices is very quick, as it often posts the same day if I complete it in the morning. The wait time to get a hold of someone on the phone is usually very short. My only complaint about Citi is the cost of the checks. I go to a 3rd party vendor to save money on my checking costs. I do enjoy that the branch has hours on Saturday as most banks in my area do not.

Online Banking

Citi bank is a decent online banking experience. I opened a basic checking account with them and it took them about 2 weeks to send me my card and checkbook. Money that I transfer from other accounts is wired pretty quickly usually within 2 business days and is available for withdrawal. My account is easy to access and the mobile app is pretty efficient too. The mobile snapshot on the app is useful as well allowing me to see my balance without the hassle of logging in. So far I have used my account for both online and in store purchases with very little problems. I am overall very happy with this bank and will probably look into opening a savings account with them soon.

they work with you

Posted by: feelingold | Jan 2, 2017

I opened my Citibank checking account when I was 20 years old. I chose it because the branch was directly across the street from my law school. They were so friendly and helpful and explained everything to me (and there was lots to explain to my 20 year old self). I am now 41 and still have the same checking account. Over the years, Citi has changed their policies and tried to assess fees just for keeping your money with them. Every time I went into a branch to complain, they reassured me that my account was grandfathered in and no fees would apply. One time, they showed me how to set up bill pay to avoid fees. And now I use PopMoney all the time. It's so easy to send money to people. I like Citi a lot.

Citibank online

Posted by: Indykins | Dec 1, 2016

As an international traveller I am finding my experience with Citibank has been quite positive. I get monthly updates sent to my phone to let me know of my current balance, which is password protected and I also have access whenever I wish when I go online. Transferring funds between my other accounts to this one or using these accounts at Citibank to pay bills has been very user friendly and I have not had an issue to date where I can fault them. There online service is easy to understand and they have a good directory of services to help you should you have any issues that can't be dealt with at that given time. I would highly recommend them. And I am advised via text alert if there are any suspicious events occurring with my account which is always a bonus, especially being overseas on trips.

The Worst Bank Ever! Your Money Is Unsafe With This Bank!

The worst bank ever! Your money is unsafe with this bank. When you have a hard time and ask this bank help, they will make your situation even harder, and they will try to cheat you if they could. So don’t have any deals with this bank even if it close to your house. If you are already a customer, leave this bank as soon as possible before you get in a hard time and this bank will take advantage of you! I had an account in this bank for more than a year and this is what I’ve experienced. Someone took about $300 from my account in Japan without my card, so don’t be impressed that this bank says that we have secure cards. The account security is so weak that hackers don’t need you, not your card for grub money from your account in this bank. And security system is so stupid that it can’t figure out that if I pay with this card a few hours before in Miami I can’t be already in Japan. And after I reported this fraud to the bank, they said that they will investigate this problem and if all is OK I’ll get refund within 10 business days. It sounds like this is my problem that Citibank gave my money someone in Japan! And I guess I’m lucky that they didn’t take all my money because it would be hard to be without money for 10 business days! And they try to cheat you if they can! For example I pay nothing for use my debit card if I make at least one registered transaction, otherwise, I have to pay $10. So I created an auto payment for my phone so I didn’t worry about this. But in several months I saw that I was charged $10 as monthly payment. I contacted bank through chat but they said this is because your money was sent later, so it wasn’t in my cycle period and refused to refund me my money! Like this is my problem that this bank sent it later though the money was available on my account. It was the auto payment, so bank sent it itself! And only after I called in bank did they refund me the money. And the worst thing from this bank is that if you have a problem getting your money and ask Citibank to help you with this, they will make your time harder.  So my recommendation is to never have any deals with Citibank and if you already customer of Citibank leave it as soon as possible for you and your money safety!

What A Mess!

Posted by: ALN | Nov 4, 2016

I chose Citibank because they have a presence with multiple locations all over the US. Due to the money laundering issues and other organizational issues. I don't feel comfortable with my money in that bank. So now things take forever to get done or even get an answer.

It just seems like procedures aren't up to snuff they don't keep up top of issues. They leave customer service to handle all of the questions. You never get a firm answer.

Customer Service is excellent. I'm not sure about the branches though. Yet there system and how they do things and how they follow up is frustrating. Seem like the infrastructure is not there.

Citibank review

Posted by: MYRA | Oct 24, 2016

I have found that my relationship with Citibank has been good thus far. I get a monthly statement emailed to me, which is protected by a password that I have generated and it is clear and concise and makes access available to me at any given time. I am sent emails informing me of seminars and educative workshops coming up that are run by the company to help me in issues with savings and how to take advantage of services offered by the corporation. I have found this to be quite unique and am impressed with this available information. I have yet to take advantage of them to date but it is refreshing to know that I have options. I have not had any issues in regards to deposits or transfers and everything has been very satisfactory and in accord with what I would expect. The staff are always pleasant and very willing to help with any questions or concerns or are able to point me in the right direction with any queries that I may have.

Best Customer Service I Have Ever Experienced With Any Bank

Posted by: JPcrawford | Oct 6, 2016

I have to say that Citibank has been the best bank that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I use the branch in Plantation FL and I have to say that the people that work at this location are the best. They always know your name and great you when you enter the building. They are always eager to help you with your needs. and they are never in a rush. The website for Citibank is easy to navigate and use. Whenever I have had to call the 800 number for customer service they have also been as helpful and professional as going to the local branch. I have always recommended Citibank to my friends and family and will continue to do so because the professionalism, products and services that Citibank provides are unbeatable in my opinion.

CitiBank

Posted by: DILIPN | Oct 3, 2016

Banking with Citibank is very easy. I would like to share my experience wherein our account was used by some fraud person to make payment for online purchases, twice. As soon as we got a message about it, we immediately called customer care. They asked us a few details, and they told us that it would be resolved soon. They told us that they have to block our card so that further transactions don't occur, and they would send us new card. They refunded the fraud transaction amount. The process was very quick, and they were very professional. I would recommend this bank to my friends and relatives.

Online AWFULNESS!!

Just spent 1h on the phone with EVERYTHING but useful. One of the reps didn't even know what a Citi Prestige Credit Card was. Nearly impossible to get someone on the phone if you don't have a Citibank account, also, which is kinda funny I guess they don't want new customers. I was to go with the Citi Prestige CC, but I might stay with my good Amex Experience and apply to their Platinum Card instead then....

A solid bank with plenty branch locations in NYC

Posted by: jy10003 | Jun 29, 2016

I have been a customer with Citibank since I was old enough to have a bank account. They offered a great starter account that was joint savings and checking several years ago. I haven't wanted to change since and even had my husband join in the account. Unfortunately, interest rates overall (not specific to Citibank but general to almost all reputable banks currently) are so low, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to shift money into one of their other products such as a CD. However, my husband and I did look into this at one point and we had a live human being help us right away and lay out the terms and rates and answer all our questions very clearly. They have a lot of good literature and well-designed informational pamphlets in their branches. I recommend going into your local branch and checking them out and you can get a sense for yourself whether this is the right bank for you.

Review Of Banking With Citi By A Happy Customer

Posted by: LizLasko | Apr 13, 2016

I would say I have had a wonderful experience using CITI Bank. I especially enjoy the mobile app I have downloaded on my Android device. I can access up to seven years of statements and this was helpful when i was purchasing a home because the mortgage company requested several years of banking history. Also another big thing I've seen many banks offering is the mobile check deposit. I have sued this feature and I found that the app works great but I had issues while taking pictures of the front and back of my check. I kept getting errors and had to take many pictures before they were accepted by the app. I know on the commercials it looks so easy, and it should be easy, the app is set up quite easy, I feel this was just my camera and having bad lighting. The mobile check deposit didn't work or go as smoothly and quickly as I though it would. I do love their website as well as the mobile app as I feels it's user friendly and easy to maneuver and find anything i'm looking for on their website. I am lucky enough to have a credit card with them as well, so what's great about that is when i'm on my app I can click a button that says pay my credit card and it allows me to make my payment, without having to leave the screen or go to a new app or website. I have also set up notification one time when I paid my plumber a check I set up a notification for when he cashed it. I also set up a notification when my income tax was getting deposited. It's nice to be able to set up these updates especially when waiting for a check to clear. I have set up direct deposit and a auto pay to avoid the $12 monthly service fee. I do think the fee is higher than most banks but it's nice that I had the option to set up direct deposit and auto pay to avoid the fee. Another nice service they offer for customer like me with credit cards is I can ask them to reissue a credit card, or even activate a new credit card right through the mobile app on my phone. I love that they offer so many great things I can do with my phone. I feel this is the way of the future technology is everything, and Citi is definitely keeping up with the future of technology and all that they offer. I have recommended them to my friends and family more than once because I just love all the features I get right on my phone. I also like I was able to go paperless with my monthly statement so i don't have to worry if it got lost in the mail. Now I get an email every month, and there is a link in the email I click on that takes me right to my statement. I have email on my phone, so I did have to download an adobe reader app to my phone I found this out the hard way as the first time i tried to do it I couldn't get the statement to open. I love that I can access all this information right from my phone, and that I am helping save the environment because they're not cutting down trees to send me a monthly statement. They do offer many different types of checking accounts I just have the most basics but there are so many options especially if you're someone that keeps a higher balance, unfortunately I am not. The interest rate is pretty low only 0.01% so I'm not making much in interest but again I keep a pretty low balance, and they do have options for people that keep higher balances. All and all I would say my experience with their banking and their credit cards have been quite nice.

CitiBank - All On Web!

Posted by: Raegan | Feb 8, 2016

I have a savings bank account with Citi for the past 4 years. It is linked to my salary account, my insurance is auto debited from the salary account and I get a great rate. From my perspective, it has the most convenient online platform, all in one place. We never have to rely on interacting with the bank representatives on a daily or even monthly basis. The online and mobile platform is clear, unambiguous, informative and good enough to carry out 95% of the day to day transactions. I have not felt a great deal of transparency in the life insurance plans that Citi offers along with its salary accounts, I haven't been able to see the total premiums paid, the accumulated interest and stuff, but when I raised the concern, the bank staff's were polite enough to send out the detailed statements, month-wise. The interest rate offered on the savings bank account is quite good considering the fact that the savings bank account has rolling money in it. Overall, I am a pretty satisfied customer for the past 4 years!

Fairly reliable bank that I can trust

I have been with Citi for over a year now and I can say that it has gone fairly well. I have two other banks one is bank of america and the other is navy federal which is a credit union and not a bank. I have been with bank of american for about 2 years and compared to Citi, Citi is much better. I will start with the mobile app that Citi has. I never have any glitches when I use the citi mobile app, I always like that when I log into the citi app it tells me the last time I was on with the date and time stamp. I enjoy that it directs me to all my accounts without taking too long to load or having a glitch. When I pay my citi credit card bill the credit is almost instantly given back to me. The only one complaint that I would have is of course the customer service waits can be a bit long, however when I am greeted it is by a warm and friendly person. Another complaint I have is when I get gas on my credit card it can take up to two weeks for the final payment which I am not sure if that is the banks fault or the gas stations. The citi website is easy to navigate to and I even like how it has a nice layout. The fees are not bad at all compared to bank of america and I also have a credit card that I do not have any interest till 2017 and I have a larger credit limit. All in all I have enjoyed citi and I plan on keeping them. I also like the debit card and even when I lost it customer service helped me to replace it and it arrived less than a week later.

Great Public Service

Posted by: Shayne | Jun 18, 2015

Citi Bank is a great bank because it has convenient locations all over the United States.It serves a very large population in my local community for a very long time.They provide excellent customer service and public opinion.They have a wide variety of services that meet the needs of all people.They continue to provide great services and new innovation throughout the U.S.

Worst Bank Ever

Posted by: hollywould | May 7, 2015

Deserves a no star rating. They changed their policy's on April 17th, how does ZERO funds availability even on a payroll check. Unbelievable. If paid on Friday, not available (and only $200) until Tuesday morning. This policy is also effective on business accounts that have been open for even 2 years. They also shut down major branches, decreased hours and closed many on Saturdays. I'd rather have no bank than this bank. Screw this bank. They just lost a customer and 4 accounts.

Citibank review

Posted by: Jackson | Oct 15, 2014

Site looks okay but it seems a bit laggy. The customer support page is iffy and there are so many different numbers. I guess that could be a plus. They have a variety of goods/services available. They have barely/no mobile apps available and that is pretty saddening.

Grace Period

Posted by: MikeT2014 | Aug 22, 2014

Why is it that if your paycheck is being direct deposited, and it shows up as pending. It is going through literally in minutes, but they put through the pending payments first and then peg you with a nsf fee?

CD Early Withdrawal Penalty Is Huge, Upto 1 Year Of Earnings

Posted by: mohan2008 | Nov 14, 2013

CD Early withdrawal penalty is huge, upto 1 year of earnings, even though CD rates are high maybe 2% APY.

Transfer From Another Credit Card

To put my feelings into the vernacular, this bank SUCKS.  I have now notified my representative (who is ourSpeaker of the House) the attorney general of the state of OH, and am working on various banking associations.  What CITI is doing is simply illegal.  This came to my attention about 6 months ago when CITI bgan a relentless calling campaign to me.  The deal was that Icould transfer any amount of money from another credit card or simply call it an INTEREST FREE LOAN for 13months.  I pay in full each month and have an excellent credit rating and history but I am not stupid either.  13 months of using money free was not a bad deal and up front costs were minimal-maybe $300 for a $10K transfer.  Again--no interest.  however, when I received my next month's statement (which I pay in full to avoid any interest,)I see a $50 interest charge.  I called (Bangladesh or India) and said--"WHOA- I paid for all of my charges in full, on time, and added $1000 in order to begin the elimination of the free $10K."  I was told the interest charge was an error.  next month, same thing. and then the third time,  I went thru channels and got a CITI BANKER who explained CITI takes your payments and applies it to the outstanding (interest free) amount FIRST, and then with the remainder charges interest, so this 3rd time, my interest was $3. since then I have stopped using my CITICARD totally..The point is:  THEY CHARGE INTEREST TWICE:  FIRST ON THE AMOUNT THEY SO ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRANSFER, then THEY CHARGED A SERVICE FEE FOR DOING SO, and THEN THEY CHARGE INTEREST AGAIN ON THE UNPAID PRINCIPAL WHICH would mean a monthly payment EVEN IF you don't charge anything.  AND TO THINK I DID THIS TO GET 10,000 MILES ON AMERICAN.  ok, I am stupid.  But this is illegal

Horrible Web Design Of Citibank Business Site

Posted by: Kfm | Jan 29, 2013

I have personal accounts with Citibank. I like their website okay. Some features are helpful, like the expense categorizer tool. And I often use the e-bill payment option, which I assume is standard with all banks. I also like that I can nickname my accounts so I don't have to remember which account is which.

Now, I just opened a Citi business account and after going through all the extra security measures to sign on with a token at www.citibusinessonline.com, I was taken aback at how crappy the look and feel of the Citi business user interface is. It looks like a grade school project. There is hyperlinked text for everything, no graphical buttons. It takes about 4 clicks just to get to see your account's transactions. 4 clicks!! On the personal Citibank site, you sign in and you get presented with an overview of all your accounts right from the get go. But the business online experience is a totally different animal. It looks like it was done in the 90s and then never updated again (It still uses frames, which are no longer supported in HTML5).

I called the Citibank Business department and very politely let them know that I feel I've been suckered into using Citibank for my business needs because they sell you on the regular Citibank website that has all the bells and whistles. I spoke to a supervisor and he spoke to a level 2 guy, but at the end it was just "thank you for letting us know."

The sad part is that I get charged $20/m for the business account (my personal accounts are free). For what? For a lousy, half-assed online experience? Citibank pays its CEO millions of dollars but it can't even allocate the funds to get a web development/design team together that replicates or improves upon the personal Citibank website? I am very disappointed in Citibank. What we need is a company like Google to start a brick-and-mortar bank and shake things up in the online bank user experience field.

Cannot Wait To Close My Account

Posted by: moonfox8 | Nov 7, 2012

I have had a horrible time trying to make payments onto the account I have.

First off, we purchased my engagement ring at Fred Meyer Jewelers. Who are awesome and amazing! Unfortately Citi Bank screwed the pooch with Fred Meyer and they are no longer using Citi Bank.

This is where my issue started... I tried and tried to make payments on my account by the deadline and their electronic check hotline would always say that they accepted the payment and three or four days later it would be returned. I would then call and speak with a representative who would give me the run around for about 45 mins till I was blue in the face. Finally I would get a manager who would be able to assist me and not have to speak off a script and yet not all my questions would be answered.

I have tried 4 more times between calling and than be redirected back into their electronic check hotline to by a representative because I said I did not want to be charged the $14.95 fee for having a representative assist me with payment. I was only talking to them because their hotline kept giving me an error of" Sorry could not process that requested, Please hold one moment for a representative..." and I would then again I would be speaking with a representative who couldn't take a payment without charging me the $14.95 fee for payment. Yet their system wouldn't accept payment.

After playing this game for about 5 rounds... I got a representative who directed me to their website to make an online payment. At this time, I am thinking.. "Awesome! I can pay off my $1100 remaining balance!" Unfortately it would not allow me access to make an online payment but then direct me to speak with a representative again.

How in the world is a card holder suppose to make a payment if the customer service/billing will  not accept payment without adding another fee onto the account.

I have found thier games to be ridiculous! Frustrating and right now mad hatter style.

STAY AWAKE! FAR FAR AWAY! GO WITH ANOTHER COMPANY FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVEN IF THEY HAVE HIGHER INTEREST RATES!

I bet you would get better customer service and assistance with any of your banking needs!

Horrible Bank!!!

Posted by: love_senia | Mar 1, 2012

I will start by saying, i would give zero stars if i could. This is the worst bank with the worst customer service, down at the bottom of the list along with BOA. Dont even think about joining Citi unless you want to here that there is nothing they can do at the moment. I have beenput up with Citibank for 6 years and I am done. Chase bank is now 1 person greater. I posted a recent conversation i had with a rep so see for yourself. They dont even know the answer so they feed you crap.

Moises: Welcome to Citibank's Online Chat. My name is Moises. It is an honor to assist you today!

YEZENIA: Thank you, I am online to view my bank statements from Feb 2011 to October 2011 and i requested them yesterday. It then stated they would be available the next day and they are not. Can you help me?

Moises: I am sorry to hear that. I will be happy to assist you.

Moises: Did you go to the account section?

YEZENIA: Account section then statements

Moises: Correct.

YEZENIA: Yes, and they are not available.

Moises: Does it have a Message saying why>

Moises: ?

YEZENIA: No it simply shows the statements that are available which i already downloaded however the ones that i need are now telling me, once again, that they will be available the following day, tomorrow

Moises: I am sorry about that, you can request form them again, I can also do it for you however we will have to wait for them either way. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

YEZENIA: Okay, well I need them today which is why was happy that it said yesterday that they would be available the next day. What other way am i able to request them because if the message stated when I would receive them then your company must follow the information given to me.

Moises: I am sorry if they are more than 90 days old there is a 24 waiting period on either end.

YEZENIA: Okay and does your message state that? No. The message stated that following: ordered for next business day. With that said they should be accessible at this point.

Moises: It is possible that the system had a glitch and the statements were lost. I apologize about this inconvenience. They would have to be reordered.

YEZENIA: If i did not need them i wouldn't mind wwaiting another day, but when I am told something by a company then I expect it to be done as said. A glitch is not my problem, that fault is on citi. I need my statements as i said when i was told they would be available which is today.

Moises: I am sorry about that. I can request that they be mailed out to you as soon as possible. I can waive the shipping fee.

YEZENIA: Do you realize that mailing something takes a longer process? There must be a way for them to be emailed or faxed over even if it is not your protocol to do so. There was an error on your company's end and i should be provided with my request by your company in any way possible if your ccompany cares.

Moises: What time did you order the statements?

Moises: If the order was placed after 8 ET it will take longer since it was past the cut off time.

YEZENIA: I am not sure of the exact time, after 5:30 PM PST, so most likely around 6PM.

Moises: 8PM

Moises: That is 830 PM ET

Moises: The statements will be available for you to view by tomorrow.

YEZENIA: Okay, now where on your page does it state that?

Moises: When you place the action it is stated on the fine print at the bottom of the conformation window.

YEZENIA: NO, there is no fineprint except terms and conditions, I read fine print if it is available and its not. I actually just requested it again just to make sure so the statement you just made to me is false.

Moises: I am sorry about that. I know changes have been made to the site. I have looked up the cut off time in our systems and the cut off time is 8PM ET.

Moises: When you send a request some ones has to go and physically pull the files up. They leave at 7pm CT 8pm ET.

Moises: If the order was placed after that time they will not get the request until the next day Thursday, making it available on Friday.

YEZENIA: and that is my problem that changes have been made? It did not say it yesterday either so like i said before that is your company's fault. There is a very basic statement given which i already told you about and i simply want what is rightfully mine. My request was made and a response was given so I expect it to be completed as i was told.

YEZENIA: Im sure there are plenty of supervisors working with you, or at least someone with enough common sence to know how to pull up files and send them to me.

Moises: We can not pull them up.

Moises: Not even a supervisor.

Moises: The statements will be available to view tomorrow.

YEZENIA: So what is the point of your supervisors? To litterally watch their employees of citi bank tell their customers tat there is nothing else you can do? I have heard that plenty of times from your company. I want my files that i was told would be available today.

Moises: Some one has to pull them out of the archives. That takes 24 hours. Today the order was processed and will be fulfilled by displaying them by tomorrow.

Moises: The order was placed after the cut off time.

Moises: It is out of our hands.

Moises: It was just processed today and will be delivered by tomorrow.

Moises: They will be available by 6 am ET.

Moises: That would be 3 am your time.

YEZENIA: You just stated earlier: Moises: The statement will be available tomorrow. If you requested it again just now it will not be available until Monday. Saturday and Sunday are Non Working Business days. and you knowing i just requested it again are telling me tomorrow? I feel that you have no knowledge of what you are even saying.

Moises: The original request is still going to be fulfilled. They will be delivered tomorrow. The statements requested only have a 1 day life span after that they are deleted. The second request will be fulfilled by Monday if you do not check them by tomorrow.

YEZENIA: Whatever, I am not going to keep trying to get them from you, apparently they hire the best people full of crap to tell their customers, just like the phone reps do when i have called about issues with my account. Thanks for wasting my time and have fun getting paid to tell everyone that you cant assist them.

Moises: I am sorry you feel that way. They will be there tomorrow. Can I help you with anything else?

YEZENIA: Yes, let your supervisor know that this chat will be posted on your reviews so everyone thinking about joining citibank will think again.

Hands Down Worst Bank Ever. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 24, 2012

This is by far the WORST BANK that I have ever encountered. I had a mortgage with them, but could not pay it online unless I had a bank account. So I signed up for a savings and checking account. Then I get a notice that I will be charged a $20 monthly service fee, if I don't transfer $15,000 into my account. So I called to cancel my accounts. The Citibank rep told me that if I cancelled my checking and left the savings open I would not be charged. Not so. I was charged $40 in service fees. When I called to try and remedy the situation, I was stonewalled. When I asked for a manager, I was transferred to the call center for Chinese speaking customers. I was finally told that it did not matter that a Citibank rep lied to me. They will not credit my account back the money. The reason why, "because." WOW. I had records of the calls and everything they just don't care. They just wanted their $40. I am sure it was a very important $40. I would worry about their stability as a bank if that is the case. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK YOU WILL REGRET IT!

STAY AWAY FROM CITIBANK THANK YOU POINT PROMOTIONS!!!

Posted by: JET_TRACER | Nov 9, 2011

AVOID CITI PROMOTIONS AT ALL COSTS!

I AM SOOOO FRUSTRATED I'M READY TO GO POSTAL ON THEIR MARKETING DEPARTMENT!   I JUST FOUND OUT THAT AFTER GOING THROUGH THE HEADACHE OF APPLYING FOR CHECKING ACCOUNT (WHICH WAS A NIGHTMARE PROCEDURE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ONLINE), AND DOING EVERYTHING THE THANK YOU POINT PROMOTION REQUIRED, THERE IS "FINE PRINT" WHICH WAS NOT EVEN PRINTED!!!!!   E.G. YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS AFTER MEETING ALL THEIR REQUIREMENTS!!!!

I'M PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!!!!!!

TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, I JUST GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL THAT THE BANK HAS "MADE SOME CHANGES" WHICH WILL MEAN I'LL HAVE TO DISH OUT $20/MONTH UNLESS I MAGICALLY COME UP WITH $15,000 COMBINED DEPOSIT.

OK, NO PROBLEM, LET'S CALL AND SEE IF THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT PRODUCT THAT WILL NOT REQUIRE THIS MIN. DEPOSIT.... YES, THEY DO. OK, LET'S SWITCH.  WAIT... IF YOU SWITCH, YOU'LL LOSE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET THOSE THANK YOU POINTS, EVEN THOUGH I JUMPED THROUGH ALL THE HOOPS THEY SET UP!!!!

Citi's Offers And Promos Are Confusing.

Posted by: Critic | Aug 29, 2011

I've heard of many "scary" stories of Citi offers and promos gone wrong. Occasionally, I've been victimized by these myself too much more than other banks. I'm closing my Citibank.

For example, last night I only wanted to add my new Citi Platinum Select Mastercard on CitiCards.com, then I ended up losing 2 favorite login or user id because Citibank confused and lured me to link my CitiCards account to my Citibank checking account - rendering my old credit cards access - non-functional.

Beware of Citibank's confusing offers and promos. You may end-up like me who spent about 2 hours fixing the mess and losing 2 favorite CitiCards logins just because I want to add my new Mastercard to my existing web access.

Terrible Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 29, 2011

I've talked to 5 representatives before talking to somebody helpful. I just spent an hour setting up online registration, something that should take 5 minutes. I had one representative tell me I would need the last four digits (ext.) of my zip code to register, nobody even knows that information. I had another representative give me a phone number to a machine that told me everything I already knew and that would not quickly connect me to a different representative (I didn't try very long due to frustration).

Fair Weather Bank

Posted by: josephz | Mar 29, 2011

Citibank should be boycotted because of their high interest rates, absurd fees and and complete lack of regard for their clients. They will ruin the credit of customers in EXCELLENT standing, by making decisions that they refuse to justify. I am totally fed up with this poor excuse for a bank and the incompetent management who took billions in bailout money, and paid huge bonuses to the executive buffoons, when they should have been left to crumble. And now they continue to turn their backs on clients. Thats what the goverment should have done to them, and hold senior management criminally responsible.

Atm Machines No Banks?

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 24, 2011

There are no banks in Washington. You have to use convenient stores with ATM machines. Not what I wanted to use, and of course you don't know about the extra fees until it happens to you.

Citibank Not Even Worth 1 Star!?

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 22, 2011

I am a former college student and single father. I graduated college over 3 years ago and have yet to aquire a job in my field. On the contrary, I do have a great job not in my field, but I could easily make more with my degree. However, jobs in my area are scarce.

I have made most of my student loan payments on time and my account is current. I owe $47,000 in student loans but I only make $30,000 a year. I have been on the phone with Citibank to discuss repayment options but they are very rude and refuse to work with me or meet me in person to discuss my loans.

I owe tens of thousands of dollars for my education and they will not even meet with me. When I call, almost all of the time the customer service reps are rude and very condescending. I do not have any other accounts with Citibank, but the way they have handled my student loans I will never ever use them for any kind of other financial services.

Citibank only cares about making money and could care less about their customers :(

High Fees And Fasle Promises

Posted by: carmel | Nov 7, 2010

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Fees if you don't maintain a high balance.

Fees to use ATMs. Citi hardly owns any ATMs; I don't understand how they can get away without reimbursing the ATM fees.

Fees to get checks.Fees for everything you ask.

Promises bonuses like $100 or $200 to open account, but you need to go through a million hops to satisfy the requirements, wait 6 months and then if you are lucky you may receive the promised bonus. 99% of the time, you need to be behind them after the 6 month period is over to get anywhere with those promised bonuses.

Rates suck, any credit union rates are much better.

Credit card department is different from banking department and they don’t care about each other. It feels like you are dealing with two different banks even though they are the same.

Not Impressed

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 25, 2010

I had a Citi banking account for 4 years from the time I was 18 till I was 22. The online system and bill pay were easy to use and navigate, unfortunately my overdraft fees were 43 dollars each time, ridiculous. I am not rich or perfect with accounting and tend to overdraft my account a few times a year (my fault totally), but then on top of that they decided that my direct deposits and online bill pay were no longer accepted to have free checking. Instead, I had to have a minimum of $6000 monthly balance to receive free checking. I am sorry, I am not rich, I make 6000 every 2-3 months. I do what I can a month then they want to take another $7.50 from me because I don't have a lot of money. It was not good enough for them to have a Citi financial loan and a credit card through them, paying interest and fees, but they wanted to take my other money to live on.

Citibank Is Only Ok For Credit Cards

Citibank accounts are just not that great. They have lots of fees; they require large balances such as 1500 or 6000 or 10000 or 100000 to avoid ridiculous monthly service fees. Plus, they still charge you for wires, official bank checks, and to use a non-Citibank ATM without any reimbursements of non-Citi ATM fees. Plus, I find that everytime I call customer service reps, even for more banking questions and issues, are outsourced to India. They do not help. I had to go to my branch bank and have them go through some internal callings to follow up on banking issues.

Their credit cards are ok. The thankyou network is ok. Sometimes the thankyou points to gift card conversions is not 1-1, more like 0.833:1

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact feedback@depositaccounts.com to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.