Credit Union One (MI) Reviews

Member For Nearly A Decade

Take your buisness elsewhere. Ive been with cuo for nearly a decade now. The first 6-7yrs were great and over the last year and a half or so they have become increasingly difficult to work with. It really started going downhill with new technology updates claiming to make banking and online banking easier. With each new tech update, purporting to make banking and online banking easier, it has become increasingly more difficult. Many of these updates have not gone smoothly and have effected my ability to carry out my finacial buisness easily and twice in the past few months at all, seeing as there was a computer error with the availability of funds directly related to my direct deposits, which have been ongoing for years. Since February theyve begun charging a paper statement fee, which I require a hard copy for my records but to go into a branch and request a copay cost over twice what it is to receive them in the mail monthly, along with several other exorbitant fees & policies that would take another page to explain. Also, today they "updated" their webpage supposedly to make it easier to use and now, I can no longer access my internal transfers, nor make any online, the ability to edit or even see my external transfers is gone, online bill pay is gone & I cant see my rewards and redeem my points for my cash back checking. Why? The links do not exist to access any of this. At all. Period. The logo is overlapping links for navigating the site and even the word "account" overlaps the dashboard link. Even when Ive managed to click on the links & not highlight the logo or word, there is still no access to my internal or external transfers, online bill pay or my cash back rewards program. I am beyond disappointed & frusturated. It is going to be a nightmare switching banks, direct deposits and withdrawals, external transfers and so forth but Im going to do it because staying with this bank is a bigger nightmare with no end in sight I see to their continued ineptitude and blunderings. Then finding new fees to enstate so I pay for their far less than stellar performance and service.

What Is This In Relation Too?

We had medical emergencies 7 yrs ago and had to declare bankruptcy. Before that we were very good with our credit. Since that time we both are over 700 on our fico score and have never missed a payment to anyone.
Now, I just found out that the mobile check deposit on my phone does not work, so I called the credit union. Here is what they told me, "You cannot use this service because of your Bankruptcy 7 years ago".
So I can bring a check in and deposit it but cannot take a picture with it on my phone. What is this about??? I am in the process of closing down all my accounts with Credit Union One. And by the way, ever since they purchased Good Shepherd Credit Union, their customer service has fallen to a very low scale. You have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to reach anyone. Shame on you, bad business and very poor customer service......Well I feel a little better now.................................

The Worst

This credit union is full unintelligent people. They stack overdraft fees, they mislead you when you are making payments for ANYTHING, this credit union is one big sham. On top of that, they don't communicate with other departments so notes regarding your account don't get saved. They have the slowest app, cheapest debit cards and the most out of date technology there is. Yeah you'll get a low rate alright right along with 10 other headaches an fees.

Do Not Do Business With This Institution!!!!!!!

Please read this review and take my warning.
This company is the absolute worst banking institution I have ever dealt with. We changed insurance companies on our RV, we dropped Progressive because of constant billing issues. When we added the new policy, there was a week that the vehicle was not covered. Mind you in MI in December a RV is typically parked in storage for the winter, as was ours. Credit Union One sent a letter stating that they applied insurance for a month at a cost of over 500.00. FOR ONE MONTH! When we called to explain that the coverage mistake was made by Progressive, they said too bad, you owe the money. This company engages in legal extortion. I am a member of multiple credit unions, and they have been a pleasure to deal with, but this one gives all credit unions a bad name.

Poor Customer Service And Cheating Customers

This is not a bank at all. Very bad customer service and no one reply positively. Most of the representatives looks like no knowledge about the banking sector.
Its really sucks customer money in the name of overdraft fee and internal transaction fee.
Please nobody create any kind of accounts with them. They are here to cheat with customers and not to do service.

Refinancing

I agree w/ others.  I am in the process of refinancing, and am getting horrible customer service.  Hoping that things work out as they have terms other  banks don't.  Their terms set them apart in a good way, but their customer service is no different than other banks.  Wish me luck!

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & Extremely High Rates To Refinance

My husband and I are in the works to refinance our home so we have been calling multiple banks and I have to say I have had the worst experience with Credit Union One MI. I called in and the lady said oh hang up and apply online (why couldnt she just help me since I had her on the line I will nerver know). So I proceeded to apply online, I get almost to the end and tha rates that come up are 4.00% Rate, and 4.865% APR Estimated Cash Required at Closing of $5,444.67 dollars, but another screen says $2,258.10. So with conflicting numbers that are confusing to the average person I call back in to the Mortgage line, I get a lady named Caroll on the line and she is unbelievably rude, I would mention the numbers that conflicted and her response would be I cannot see whats on your screen (WOW! there is some stellar customer service skills), she than barely helps me and when I told her that their fees seem very high she hung up on me (WOW! again). So now having wasted much time I am very irritated, so I call back in to file a complaint, this time I am transferred 3 times and spoke to one person who was not with Credit Union One but another mortgage company who does Mortgages on behalf of them, so she is unable to take the complaint nor help further with the questions I still had about my application. She than transfers me back to Credit Union One, I am transferred again a few times and than finally speak with Mike, he was pleasant but I did not get the sense that he gave much thought or concern to the complaint I had about Carol. He attempted to answer my loan questions but at this point I dont really care to do business with Credit Union One MI and am now tempted to try and get my car loan away from them as well. Why do I hear high regards to Credit Union One, I will forever wonder. So dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer For Close To 30 Years Ready To Leave

Like most people I am underwater in my mortgage. CUO will not work with me at all because I can still afford the payments. All I am asking for is to refinance. If I can make the payment at 6.5% why wouldn't I be able to make it at 4%. There fee structure changes all the time. Out of state checks get a 10 day hold? Really? It is 2011 you can get the money for that check in minutes and you have a 10 day hold? They won't link accounts by household for minimum balance requirements. I could go on and on. Bottom line they went from a nice local credit union in 1983 when I joined to a typical bank with horrible customer service and ridiclious polices.

Horrible Bank With Terrible Customer Service And Even Worse Policies.

This is a very non personable bank, horrible customer service, poor member relations and they change policies with out proper notifications.  After being a loyal member for over 10 years, this bank had declined horribly in the past year, I am just amazed at the lack of consideration for their members.