Cross River Bank Reviews

Wire Transfer And Asked To Cancel It.

They have had my money for over 4 months now and won't refund me. What a scam. My bank tried to contact them and you are denied to refund back.

Won't Refund My Money

They have had my money for over 10 months now and won't refund me. What a scam. Try to contact them and you are on endless holds and their chat is the same.

Don’T Do Business With This Bank!

I would give them zero stars if I could! Horrible experience getting my money out. It’s already been 2 weeks and don’t even have half of it out. I’m about to lose my dream home because escrow was already supposed to close but I can’t get my down payment to them because of this bank! They don’t even care and only send automated messages. They say to initiate transfers from my external accounts and then deny them. I regret ever doing business with this bank. Don’t do it! Put your money elsewhere!!

Confused Customer

I was approved for a loan from this bank and the $ was deposited into my account. But after a few months went by i went to do a transaction and my card was declined. So I go online to check my account and only to find out it says my balance was $0.00 so I instantly make my way to the bank to see what's going on. So now I'm talking with a banker and they tell me that crossriver bank told them that the $ was not approved so they took all that I had left they gave me plus whatever I had deposited from my business. So how do I get approved and then 4 months later you're telling the bank the $ was not authorized? Needless to say I've tried time and time again to contact them but never an answer and the automated crap never gets you the answer you're looking for. Even crazier that i never even received a letter or email from crossriver about anything that was taken place.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

I applied for a PPP loan at Cross River and my application was approved. However, there was some trouble transferring the funds to my bank account. There was no way to access my application to even see what the problem was. And since there is basically NO customer service, there was no way to correct the error. There's no phone number to call so I wrote in multiple times via email. Finally after a few weeks someone responded with no helpful information. I kept responding to try and get some actual help but no response - until weeks later to tell me they cancelled it. Now I'm screwed and can't get a PPP loan that my business desperately needs.

Frustration Experts

Stay away from this place. Overly complicated in putting in getting out ur money.

Poor Bank Ever

I applied for PPP loan and got approved .Made some mistakes to correct some mistakes I have made initially. However, no one is able to assist me. The people who were answering are unprofessional, sometimes laughing on the phone. They are not responding to your emails. It seems the bank run by a single person. I don't recommend such a poor bank to anyone.

One Of The Worst

Applied for PPP loan and they sat on my application for 2 months before rejecting it because they said the tax ID number I provided did not match my first PPP loan. I don't know how that's possible, but rather than check in to confirm with me they simply rejected my loan request outright, with no way to appeal or resubmit. I emailed them several times throughout the wait because there was no phone support and the review process took far longer than the 7-10 business days the automated web site message promised. Of the ~4 email messages I sent, they replied to one of them about a week and a half later with a non-response. Cross River is one of the very worst banks ever...if not the worst. Would enthusiastically give them 0 starts in all categories, but the minimum you can select is 1 start, which is far better than they deserve. If I treated my business's customers the way Cross River treats theirs, I'd be out of business.

Worst Bank Ever

This was the worst bank I have ever used. They lied to me for six weeks about my PPP application, saying they were working on it. Then they finally told me it had been rejected over a month ago.

One Of The Worst Banks Around...!

This Cross River Bank is another fly by night bank. They have horrible customer service and terrible financial products. This Cross River Bank is only looking to do business with people who have a high credit score and if you don't have a high credit score, then you are treated like garbage and they are not interested in your business. The best day of my life is when I went into one of their branches and closed all of my accounts and I had over $100.000 in combined accounts. I demanded I wanted all of my money in CASH and the teller informed me they didn't have that amount of CASH on hand and then the teller informed me they could only give me a Cashier's check and I told her, "I don't want any of your worthless checks and I want CASH only!". She called the bank manager and he came out and I told him, "Listen up and listen up good, you have 2 hours to have all of the CASH to give to me or I am going to go to the local police station and file a complaint and have you arrested on the spot. It's strange after I told him that someone else when into the bank vault and brought out and counted all of my Cash that was my money. They gave me a bunch of green bank bags with locks on them, I counted all of the money out again in $100 bills, put all of CASH in the green bank bags and walked out. I never stepped foot into another Cross River Bank ever again...!

Great With PPP Would Try Them For Savings

Cross River did a great and speedy job processing my PPP, my friend had a great experience too. Based on this I would give them a shot for banking.

Substandard Presumptive With Questionable Practices

The CEO , singlehandedly, managed the newly FDIC Bank upon illusive presumptions, as if the bank was his ???????? (scam) enterprise. In 2019-2020 the FDIC pocked and prodded Cross River's banking practices ( do a google search). Feeling the FDIC's booth on its rear-end, Cross-river painted rosy pictures of the bank to attract investors, e.g., offered the highest interest rate for 24 month CD, only to drop same to almost lowest in in US within the quarter in 2020. The bank under its leadership is irradiate and unstable for me to put a dime in it. I will not be surprised if the name Cross River disappears from FDIC list.

Terrible, Terrible!

Round and round I went with trying to open an account for a CD over $100K for TWO days. Spend an hour on the phone with an "expert" to try and fill out an application to open and fund account on phone. No success!
He acted like I didn't know the first thing about computers. Must admit I am not a geek with computers but opened up on line accounts with Synchrony, Marcus, Barclays to mention a few, quick no problems.
Final got the account open and problem with funding through my Bank of America(funds in account)....computer glitch on their part.
Will not accept a cashier check via mail. Than I spoke to a supervisor. She was very nice but informed me that the special promotion was expiring that evening!! Guess they did not want my $$$ Never will deal with them again.

Not Ready For Prime Time

This is a new bank that was financed by some Silicon Valley VC Fintech people -- amazingly, their website is awful and their account opening process is difficult if not impossible. Their disclosures say they "may" allow CD early withdrawals and they don't specify their early withdrawal penalty. I tried to open a new CD (their rates look good) but the application process rejected me and locked me out with no explanation. If this is the quality of their website and customer service before you are a customer, just imagine how difficult it will be when you try to get your money back! Stay away from this place until they know how to run an internet bank. Right now all they know how to do is raise money from venture capital investors!!!