Customers Bank Reviews

Slow And Bad Bank

This bank is very slow. No way to contact them and when they email you, they take 5-7 days to reply and fullfil a simple request. Would never recommend this bank at all. Chase , capital one are much much better and care about their customers. they hold your funds and dont even explain why its pending. Worst customer service as well. Do not go to this bank. Instead go to chase. Much better and straight forward.

Check Your Statements - Interest Not Credited

I opened an Ascent account and when I received my first statement, I noticed that Customer's Bank conveniently forgot to credit any of my earned interest for almost the entire month I had my initial deposit.

I had to call to rectify.
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else??

Amazing Customer Service...

I created an account just to say the customer service at this bank has been top notch. Yes, you have to get past the call center to talk to actual bank employees, but then the service is outstanding.

I appreciate the reviews that mentioned the withdrawal limits, so I plan to initiating all transactions from an external account to get around the limits.

I'll update if I run into any issues, but so far... smooth sailing (and a great rate).

Application Denied For Too Many Recent Accounts

My application was denied. Customer service said that it was that I had applied for too many accounts recently.

So Far So Good. Minor Glitches And Complaint....

I opened an Ascent account in September with a guarantee of 2.25% through June 30 of 2020 (minimum 25K deposit required). I had trouble opening the account online which would not allow me to choose the higher paying Ascent account. It took a conversation with an overseas rep to finally switch me to a rep in Pennsylvania who then opened the online account for me on her end. Both reps were courteous. However, though my balance was transferred into the account and I could view it online, I kept receiving automatic alerts on more then one occasion advising me to finalize the Ascent account and deposit cash into the account. I also received a letter from the bank informing me that the account was opened, but the actual opening date stated was wrong and lead me to think that I was not being credited fully for 2 weeks worth of interest. This kind of confusion caused me to keep calling the banks service reps to make sure all was well and my cash was actually earning interest. Well finally now, all seems to have been finalized and I can see that my cash is there and is earning the interest it's supposed to earn.

My only outstanding complaint is that I wish the bank would post the interest rate on my account page for me to see. Posting the current interest rate that I am being paid is a standard kind of confirmation that every other online bank account I have does provide, and Customer's Bank should do this too. EDITED TO ADD 11-7-19; After I don't know how many visits to my online account, I finally stumbled upon where I needed to click and see the current interest rate they posted to my balance.

Process Made Easy!

I’m very impressed with the assistance provided by customer service at Customers Bank! I was looking to open a new account, but was hesitant to pull the trigger. I had many questions that the customer service representative was able to address & answer with ease & patience to ensure I understood completely in order to make the best decisions. Thank you so much to the customer service team at Customers Bank for making this process easy!

Great Customer Service

I recently opened an account with Customers Bank and their representatives were extremely helpful in explaining how to use and make transactions through this site. I was very impressed with their customers service team and would recommend this bank for anybody who is looking for a company who has your back and best interest at heart. Thank you!

Friendly & Helpful Customer Service

I just open a savings account here for the 2.40% instead of the 0.05% offered by my bank. I called customer service to have them walk me through opening the account and the person I spoke to was really nice and helpful.

Great Customer Service!

The customer service is grade A. Whenever I have a question or need additional help, I'm able to get in contact with someone and get an answer quickly. I had a particularly positive experience this week and wanted to share.

Opened An Account

it was easy to open online for the 2.5% APY however, they can only take $50,000 maximum from an external bank.

Great Rate!

I opened the account within a couple minutes, so the online account opening process was painless and easy. The 2.25% APY is guaranteed through June of 2019, so at least I know that I will be getting this rate for the next 8 months and I was assured that it is not an introductory rate, so even after June 2019 the rate should stay competitive.

5K ACH Limit Makes This Really Tricky

Account opening and initial transfer went fine, but then I tried to move more money *in*. No matter what amount I seemed to try to transfer in it told me that it exceeded the "External Transfer Limit".

Called the "Customer Service" phone number and spoke to a hard to understand foreign national who is not an employee of Customer's Bank, who will follow a script and be dismissive and rude. The "external transfer" limit is $5000 per day. This literally makes the Ascent account useless, as you cannot access more than $30k in a month, and that's only if you don't mind knowing you're almost certainly going to be the subject of a SAR.

Update: If you are persistent you can get a supervisor to call you back who has the ability to escalate your call to actual employees of the bank. Options that the foreign help-desk isn't aware of do exist.

Customer Service Fail

Wanted the money market account. Had the money

Did the application process all the way through the end.

It prompted a security question, and one of them had no right answer.

I guessed an answer and it told me there was an error and I had to call.

I called and the overseas person was extremely short and strange and told me I'm sorry we can not process your application and tried to hang up on me as fast as possible.

How does a bank turn away big deposits like that? Sigh.

Great Bank

Love the rate... easy online experience...professional service.

Depositor Beware!

This bank has the worst on-line application experience and customer service department I have ever encountered in many years of banking. No return phone calls, no on-line tech support, no explanation for failed application. Great rate, but not worth the headaches.

Avoid Their Ascent MMA At All Costs

Apparently they impose a 5K per day/50K per month hard limit on not on ach's and wires initiated internally but ALSO on wires initiated externally so if you deposited a large sum be prepared for it to take months to get back OR you can cancel your account which requires 14 days advanced notice and get a check sent in the mail. Avoid this bank!

Would Not Recommend To Bank

I just transferred money into the bank for their Money Market Ascent, however will be transferring out right away. Just got off the phone with their customer service, they have no idea how another person's phone number's shows up on my "Security" test screen for logging in. I end up having to put down one device and log in with another, now I am having to completely close and move my money in chunks in order to avoid receiving a "check" in the mail in 7 - 10 business days! .

Not Recommended

I got an offer to open Ascent Money Market Saving Account that earns 2.03% APY. I signed up and opened account but I ended up without ever using the account. You cannot transfer 25K from external account because I got an error message saying that it exceed external account transfer limit. Their money market saving account only pays the interest if the account had 25K balance so it makes no sense to have limit on external transfer. Also, I tried to contact the bank using online messaging. There was no way to send a message. I ended up just calling and closing the account. The online account felt outdated. Customer Service spoke poor English and she asked too much unnecessary question such as social security number. My current bank pays less interest but I am going to stay with them.

Horrible, Do Not Bank Here!

DO NOT EVER USE THIS BANK! They cancelled my card without my permission, and refuse to refund me my money. They claimed that someone called in and said that there was fraudulent charges made with my card, so they cancelled it, but will not refund the money from the supposedly fraudulent charges! ALL the representatives are arrogant, VERY rude, and have very hard to understand accents. Once I am able to obtain my card, I will be withdrawing all my funds and banking elsewhere. I went against my better judgement and used this bank on the recommendation of my college (DES MOINES AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE), but I will be returning to my credit union as soon as I can have my funds transfered!

CEO CULTURE LLC

Good Luck, the people are non responsive at best

Horrible Bank

Don't do business with them. Not friendly or helpful management staff. It's either their way or no way.
Not very customer service oriented.

Highly Professional & Responsible

An excellent bank to deal with. All staff are very professional and knowledgable. They quickly resolve any issue and provide individual service. This is not a mega national bank with little or no care for customers, but a strong regional bank with strong dedication to the areas they service. Their online banking experience is easy and friendly. They need to increase their ACH transfer limits for customers.

Customer's Bank

I have found Customer"s Bank to be outstanding in all ways, since I moved personal and business accounts there 3 years ago.  They have the best rates and best customer service of all the other banks.  It's like dealing with a small personal bank with big bank capability.  Their money market rates are excellent and safe.

Awesome Bank!

Apparently, all the people who wrote negative comments about Customers Bank never visited the one located in Newtown, PA.  The entire staff there is extremely knowledgeable and helpful in every way, and they make each and every customer feel they are special as soon as they walk in the door.  We never felt this way about any other bank we dealt with and our entire family goes there.  I highly recommend this location.

Awesome Service

I can't speak to the experiences of the previous posters, but my experience was very pleasant. Staff were courteous and the rates were great.

Great Rates!

Great rates!

Run, Don't Walk

I don't need to say more.  HORRIBLE

Not A Good Bank

Customers Bank is not flexible. They are not a good bank to do business with. They are very arrogant and their management team is the worst management I have ever worked with. Larger Banks have much better management and after dealing with Banks for twenty years I would say this bank will go out of business similar to USABank because their management is not that good. I would NOT recommend anyone do any kind of business with this bank.