Delta Community Credit Union Reviews

Would Not Recommend

In the last year, or so, there has been a definite drop in the quality of service. Long time employees who were super friendly and community oriented are no longer with the company. Instead, I continue to be frustrated by employees who simply don't know what they are doing. I have spoken with a VP about my concerns. I don't get the impression he has ever worked in a branch because his answers are vague and he sounds unsure of what he is saying. I would go down the street and not subject yourself and your money to people who aren't competent.

2016!!! Alert

I do not like Delta Credit Union!! My son just went through Basic Training and now in AIT! I have power of attorney and they still have gave me and him nothing but hassle's I really hope he transfer's his account to an Military loan account instead of Delta!! No respect, knowledge, or help after asking what else they need for helping our kids as they go through Military fighting for us!! Not acceptable!!

DO NOT USE THIS CU!!!!

They offer no protection for fraudulent charges on your account and have the worst customer service of any bank I have ever used in 30 years...I have told all friends and family to close their accounts.  They do not respond to calls, requests, and lose any disute information you fax or mail...Caveat emptor!!!  I wish I had never started banking with them and actively qorking to find a better CU like wings financial!  I cannot stress how awful they are in every way!  Heaven help its members...I have also heard numerous stories fromother Delta employees...they also share personal information with your employer...or at least Delta...I am filing complaints with state of GA office of thrift supervision and suing them!!!

Terrible Service & Support

After my wife and I married we decided to merge our separate bank accounts.  She had used a credit union several years ago (in an adjoining) state and was very happy with it, so we decided to open accounts with DCCU because it was near our home (for convenience).  We should have paid attention to the warning signs when we first went in - the place was set up like the old "Wa-Mu" (Washington Mutual) open concept/design where you had a central desk to clear first and then went to separate teller desks (we both HATE that operation and look).  Once we waited for nearly 1 hour to see someone about opening an account we nearly left because they couldn't "find" my SSN in the "system" (we were told something was wrong with my credit report - later I found out that there was nothing wrong with it), so we used my wife's (without any issues).  After setting up everything and getting the bill-pay accounts set up I noticed how bad their online software was (compared to other "big" banks like Wachovia or Fidelity Bank) - it looked amateurish and was very clunkly to navigate.  Next problem was their "system" kept cancelling our login and we had to reset it 7-8 times in the first 2 months.  My wife decided to inquire about a car loan and wound up getting 3 different quotes from different people (2.5% to 13.75% rates - HOW does that happen??). The last straw just happened - their bill pay system did not pay a credit card (the system shows a date and an amount, but nothing was processed AND they did not notify us) - I found out when my delinquent credit card statement showed up. I called their online/bill pay 800# only to be told that they couldn't access my account without a SSN - when I inquired why they couldn't just use our account number the operator said they were an outsourced call center. I finally had to call the general 800# and was switched to 4 different people just to find out what happened (the last person was going to call me back because their "IT people were in a meeting").

We're done. We're moving our account to a "real" bank. How are these clowns still in business???

Good Credit Union - Terrible Website

I've been with Delta for over 10 years and have had nothing but good experiences with support and had no issue with savings/checkings. The problems I have encountered were not the fault of Delta, but from some obtuse regulations that make mobile banking frustrating (such as the account transfer limit). I have had issues with my debit card's magnetic strip, but support has always been quick to resolve that.

The website is a whole other story. They attempted some changes that seem mostly positive, but overall they do not have a serious security mindset when it comes to their website (sadly the case with most online banks). They did not respond at all nor send notification of response to the heartbleed zero day, not even a recommended password reset. The website was ugly and obtuse to use, but recent changes have resolved this somewhat so my rating for web/mobile experience is 2 stars instead of 1. General navigation used to be bad, but has improved.

The fees are fairly standard and does include the unpopular "courtesy pay" fees, which can become quite expensive. Interest rates for savings accounts are low and disappointing, but nothing that that is abnormal to other credit unions and banks. I have been hit with the ugly $35 courtesy pay fee. Sadly, these overdraw fees are described as a "feature" that you can't opt out of, but you can opt out of the courtesy pay plus.

Really Outdated Banking Site And Services, Poor Customer Service, Only Here For The Great Rate That We Got On Home Equity Line Of Credit.

The application process is slow.  The staff is based out of Georgia and is slow to return calls.  Everything is done manually, on paper.  The worst part of this is the terribly outdated website and online banking system.  When I questioned the staff on this one of them had the audacity to disagree with me!  Hello Delta Community Credit Union, please join us in the year 2011 and update your banking website.  I don't doubt there are security holes in the site.  I tried several times to get auto transfers set up on the site to pay my loan and only got it working when I spent an hour on the phone with a "customer service rep" who was the one who disagreed with me.  Hmm, I would bet I was hitting some bug that was "nudged through" when I complained about the issue.

Wonderful Credit Union

Posted by: jdb | May 9, 2012

I have a daughter who lives in Atlanta. I had her set-up a checking and savings account at Delta Community CU. Then, once she was a member, I was then eligible and I also set-up a savings account there. They have an office in the Cincinnati area since Delta USED to have a big presense in Cincinnati.

But I can easily do most banking using the Internet. While their system is not the greatest, it is very adequate. When I am visiting in Atlanta, I can go to one of the branches there and conduct business. They have a lot of branches in the Atlanta area.

Plus, I can transfer funds from my account to my daughter's accounts when the grandchild needs something.

I also have a Visa card with them that provides rewards for using it.

The service has been friendly and excellent. BTW, right now at .25%, their savings interest rate is one of the highest around on a basic savings account.

Great CU!

Delta Community Credit Union is one of the best CU's I've ever used! I've been with them for 5 years, and my experience has been fantastic. From the first day I opened my account, the service has been top notch. I love the fact that they can make your check card right at the branch locations. No more waiting for cards in the mail! This is especially handy when your check card wears out a lot, like mine... The only draw back from Delta, is that their iOS app isn't great. It's good, but you can do mobile check deposits (at least not yet). Aside from that, I couldn't ask for anything more from them.

Great Credit Union

I love having an account at Delta Community Credit Union. They are always very nice and understanding with questions I may have. They have helped me a lot when something goes wrong with my account and have always been able to fix the problem at a fast pace. If you refer a friend you get some bonus cash and if you are referred by a friend you don't have to put $5 in the savings account for your membership. They have a great program for young adults to help establish credit. Overall this Credit Union is the best!

DCCU REVIEW

Delta Community Credit Union is a credit union headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Their customer service is great,fair and competitive. I may take a little longer to speak with a representative but I don't mind because they are very attentive to your needs. They handle or resolve customer service issues immediately and accurately. Delta Community Credit Union do not have many branches in the Metro Atlanta area, but their locations are fairly positioned to serve their customers. I am pleased to be a Delta Credit Union Member.

Great Place to Bank! you feel like family

Posted by: Mrs.U | Jun 4, 2014

This is a great place to bank! they really treat you like family there.
when you enter a Delta Community Credit Union you feel like you are entering your friends house, they knowledge you and they salute you, nothing like big banks that they don't even realize you are there. opening account at DCCU is extremely easy, it takes about 5 minutes. I love going there with my children, they never mind that I am with them. I will always bank here!

Great CU, Awful Website.

Posted by: izodmartn | Sep 16, 2011

I love this CU because they have great customer service reps and always have snacks in the lobby. I like the convienance of full access to my other CU this is a huge plus.  Also they have very convienant locations.

But their website is awful.  It is clunky, you must dig and dig for even the most basic things.  I often find myself searching for the same thing each time i need to use it.  But the worst is the Online Bill PAY.  OMG! this is garbage!  No billing lookup, no catagories, no electronic billing statements, the money is pulled from your account days before it is sent and on and on.  Just a load of garbage.

I am keeping my other CU just to do ONline bill Pay.

The Best Credit Union In Georgia

Posted by: Suwanee14 | Aug 11, 2011

Delta Community Credit union gave me a car loan at 4% cheaper than a Bank would with the same exact credit score. I also get way more interest in my savings and checking accounts and there are no monthly charges or minimum balances.

Have Been A Member Of Delta Community Credit Union For A Quarter Of A Century.

Posted by: Alohajon | Sep 22, 2012

Have had accounts at various financial institutions since I was a preteen, and have had very good service with Delta Community Credit Union for a quarter of a century.     I have used my accounts online, so I rarely have been in a branch.    Many Americans use the internet to do their banking all around the clock.    Since branches cost money which customers pay for, it is cheaper to use the internet and ATMs.     I hope Delta Community Credit Union keeps up the great service.   Thank you.

Nothing But Good Experiences!

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 5, 2012

I've been using this CU for years, and I've always had good experiences. The customer service has always been good, they've always been very accommodating, and all of my physical encounters have been fine. A few of those that work at my local branch recognize me and are very kind- I would recommend them!

Its Obvious Big Bank Employees Write These Reviews

Posted by: FREDTHOMAS | Jan 7, 2012

Delta Community CU is the best. They pay me interest on savings and checking. As an economics teacher I teach my students how to save their money. I refinanced my auto loan for 3% cheaper at DCCU than i had at a big bank even though i had the same credit score.

All Big banks care about is executive pay, paying for buildings and paying shareholders. Which is why DCCU is the best!

Bank Rating

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 28, 2011

We went from a bank to the Delta Community Credit Union, and it was the best choice for us due to the incompetence of the banks we were using.