DFCU Financial Reviews

Do Not Use DFCU For Auto Loans

Do not... I repeat DO NOT use Dearborn Federal Credit Union for your auto loans. They are complete idiots and argued with me on the phone about something THEY dropped the ball on. They also told me that they spoke with my husband this morning and that he said he got it taken care of even though that's complete bullshit. When I told them they knew the payments were supposed to come from MY account bc we physically went into their corporate office to set everything up, they argued with me and told me I'm wrong and that my husband already said he was paying it. When I spoke with this woman, she kept telling me that I was wrong and refused to let me speak with another person. My husband had to call back and tell them to speak with ME... which is ridiculous. When I called back and spoke with a new lady she told me the money is supposed to be coming out of my husband's account, which is NOT TRUE AND she didn't even know I was talking about the fusion instead of the flex. These people are complete idiots and incapable of handling any business. Now I need to go onto their office tomorrow before I go on vacation and I can tell you they do not want me going in there. This payment is 25 days late because of their errors and she had the nerve to tell me it's not on my credit report yet, so it's ok. No it's not ok you imbecile and don't ever tell me something is ok when it clearly is NOT. Learn to run your business properly.

Do NOT use #dfcu #dearbornfederalcreditunion

Terrible Bank Experience

Member for many years. Limited branches, limited on-line functionality. I stopped actively using the account a few years back and got kill with inactivity fees. Don't get caught with insufficient funds as they extend the credit and charge you $32 a pop, regardless of amount. My bad for not closing the account years back. Several hundred dollars wasted in fees... Stay Away !!!!!!!!

Dearborn Financial Credit Union, a satisfactory place to bank.

My credit union as a whole has usually always provided a satisfactory experience. It is on the smaller side so you typically get the feeling that you are important to them. The customer service is always top notch. They tend to err on the side of caution when fraudulent activity is suspected. This has been both a good and bad thing. On one occasion it prevented some one whom had stolen my debit card information from racking up almost $500 in purchases. On another occasion it caused me to have to make a call to my bank in order for me to purchase my family's groceries. We also had an experience a few years ago where our account was hacked and $150 was stolen. There was paperwork that we needed to fill out to get the money back (a very outdated process in my opinion), that we were never told about when we contacted customer service. This delayed us getting our money back for about 6 weeks. These however, were our only negative experiences. Otherwise we have been pleased with our credit union.

STAY AWAY!!

It does NOT make you feel comfortable AT ALL when you speak to a bank MANAGER and she tells you at first your account doesn't exist!! Also, I had deposited CASH yet was denied access to these funds for 5 days even though after calling them all day long they told me my money was definitely back in my account. I needed this money to live on and to get my dog's lifelong meds for a life threatening condition. I had NO other money. They didn't care! Also they had told me my deposit was made at a foreign atm. NOT true. It was deposited at my branch location. They ALSO told me I had deposited after 7:30pm when it was ACTUALLY between 3pm-3:30pm. I have never had such a horrid experience with a bank in my life! STAY AWAY!!

Good credit union

The staff was always polite and made themselves readily available to answer any questions I had. I was provided with much better interest rates going through DFCU.

DFCU Financial

DFCU is a terrific credit union in southeast Michigan, which I highly recommend. Transactions are easy, staff have always been extremely helpful. This institution offers a wide range of loan products as well. In each of the past few years, a member dividend has been paid in January. The amount has been based on an average of deposits over the preceding year, but is always at least $50 for every member. I have been a member of this credit union for over 30 years, and cannot say enough positive things about it.

Dearborn Federal Credit Union Review

Though my parents have had dealings with them all their lives, I didn't until I needed a car loan. They were easy to deal with and did everything in a timely manner. I had to open up a savings account with them in order for my loan to be approved (which I didn't care for in the beginning) but soon enjoyed it after they started giving a $50 bonus at the end of the year for the first two years. Unfortunately they don't have this service anymore. Their statements are very clear and I've only called them once for clarification and they were very courteous and helpful.