DFCU Financial Reviews

Terrible Bank Experience

Posted by: aponea67 | Dec 11, 2018

Member for many years. Limited branches, limited on-line functionality. I stopped actively using the account a few years back and got kill with inactivity fees. Don't get caught with insufficient funds as they extend the credit and charge you $32 a pop, regardless of amount. My bad for not closing the account years back. Several hundred dollars wasted in fees... Stay Away !!!!!!!!

Dearborn Financial Credit Union, a satisfactory place to bank.

Posted by: Krisbee | Oct 10, 2016

My credit union as a whole has usually always provided a satisfactory experience. It is on the smaller side so you typically get the feeling that you are important to them. The customer service is always top notch. They tend to err on the side of caution when fraudulent activity is suspected. This has been both a good and bad thing. On one occasion it prevented some one whom had stolen my debit card information from racking up almost $500 in purchases. On another occasion it caused me to have to make a call to my bank in order for me to purchase my family's groceries. We also had an experience a few years ago where our account was hacked and $150 was stolen. There was paperwork that we needed to fill out to get the money back (a very outdated process in my opinion), that we were never told about when we contacted customer service. This delayed us getting our money back for about 6 weeks. These however, were our only negative experiences. Otherwise we have been pleased with our credit union.

STAY AWAY!!

It does NOT make you feel comfortable AT ALL when you speak to a bank MANAGER and she tells you at first your account doesn't exist!! Also, I had deposited CASH yet was denied access to these funds for 5 days even though after calling them all day long they told me my money was definitely back in my account. I needed this money to live on and to get my dog's lifelong meds for a life threatening condition. I had NO other money. They didn't care! Also they had told me my deposit was made at a foreign atm. NOT true. It was deposited at my branch location. They ALSO told me I had deposited after 7:30pm when it was ACTUALLY between 3pm-3:30pm. I have never had such a horrid experience with a bank in my life! STAY AWAY!!

Good credit union

Posted by: sn1 | Sep 20, 2014

The staff was always polite and made themselves readily available to answer any questions I had. I was provided with much better interest rates going through DFCU.

DFCU Financial

Posted by: mibanks | Jun 5, 2011

DFCU is a terrific credit union in southeast Michigan, which I highly recommend. Transactions are easy, staff have always been extremely helpful. This institution offers a wide range of loan products as well. In each of the past few years, a member dividend has been paid in January. The amount has been based on an average of deposits over the preceding year, but is always at least $50 for every member. I have been a member of this credit union for over 30 years, and cannot say enough positive things about it.

Dearborn Federal Credit Union Review

Posted by: uglijimus | May 27, 2011

Though my parents have had dealings with them all their lives, I didn't until I needed a car loan. They were easy to deal with and did everything in a timely manner. I had to open up a savings account with them in order for my loan to be approved (which I didn't care for in the beginning) but soon enjoyed it after they started giving a $50 bonus at the end of the year for the first two years. Unfortunately they don't have this service anymore. Their statements are very clear and I've only called them once for clarification and they were very courteous and helpful.