Dover Federal Credit Union Reviews

Terrible Expereince

Tried to open a checking acct online and after applying the process said a cust service rep would contact me in 24-48 hrs. 3 days later still no contact, tried to call and kept getting a BUSY SIGNAL, finally got through and was placed on hold as the 37th customer in the que! I sent them a message to cancel my app as I already had enough of this joke of a credit union before I ever actually opened an account.

Really Horrible Experience

As some (if not most) have already said the experience dealing with them is slow torture, apparently dealing with a bunch of incompetent people. Two weeks I was told that they had mailed me the debit card, and when I called last week (as I haven't received the card) they told me I have to reapply. And yes, there is zero communication from them, even if you sent a message. Not worth the hassle. The fact that you have to join an external organization (that apparently is a customer of theirs) in order to qualify is also questionable on its own (some may liken this to bribery or extortion in order to do business). So until they fix their overall service, do not bother with them as they cannot handle your business.

Horrible Set Up Experience

O.M.G. Have opened numerous accounts online before, nothing compares with the slow torture of Dover. Initial setup was glitchy and hard to correct, both because takes awhile to get a real person, and one glitch follows another. Other openings elsewhere took maybe 5 minutes vs 10 days. Then... Trying to link to an external account? Plan to get an email telling you to enter test deposits with no instructions on WHERE on their website to verify, and neither I nor 3 reps could find it. Everything from the online experience to ability of reps to help has my wanting to stick a fork in my eye.

Don't Do It. I'm Looking For A New Bank As We Speak

Vague "policy" on deposit availabilty with specific intent on keeping the policy vague regardless of the life and death neccessity of access to my funds. Customer service was absent from the entire encounter as tho I were an inconvenience. Basic skills such as reading a calendar and single digit math were startlingly non-existence. I've been a member for quite some time along with my family, while this isn't the first time I've been treated like I was to stupid to understand the circle jerk talk, this was most assuredly the last.

Going Downhill ...Poor Service, Terrible Rates, Can't Be Trusted

I've been a member for nearly 40 years and I have seen them change for the worse. The rates for their savings accounts are very poor and not competitive, and their customer service is just getting worse. Their recent website upgrade left some members without access to their accounts for weeks. As a result of that upgrade, they did something to their computer system that changed my address to someplace where I never lived.....AND, they sent my new credit cards to that address never to be seen again. They also allowed an employee working from home to access members personal information on an unsecured site and then had to go to the expense of notifying all members and paying for credit monitoring for them for a year. There is something wrong with DFCU these days.

Great Customer service and great prices.

I really like this credit union. They have great customer service, I am always able to reach someone on the phone instead of having to go through 15 minutes of automated messages just to reach customer service. Their checking has no monthly fees. They only require 5 dollars to open a savings. There are a few things that bother me though. You can't deposit cash on the weekends after noon. Also, their direct deposits sometimes don't come through on fridays and not at all on the weekends. Their website is easy to use but doesn't have a whole lot of features like some other credit unions. They have a somewhat lower overdraft fee than most credit unions. They have low atms fees and most atms are free. Overall I think this is a great option, just a few minor issues.

Great small town feel with big time convenience

I have been with Dover federal Credit union for ten years. I have had multiple loans and accounts through the years. I have always had the best guidance and help through all processes. I have never had a wait for assistance in person or on the phone. All of the small loans I received had great interest rates and auto pay features. I love Dover Federal.

Better than the big guys.

In my honest opinion, Dover Federal Credit Union is a great place to bank. They are a smaller local branch but that is actually a good thing. It allows them to give personal attention to each and every customer as needed. The only gripe i have is the mobile experience. Their mobile site and app are very basic and lacking in features. I'm fairly satisfied with most of their policies and offerings as well. They do not have any fees when opening an account aside from a minimum first deposit of $5. They do not penalize you for dropping below a certain balance like other banks tend to do. Overall DFCU is a good bank for all your basic monetary needs. I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

Nice bank

The only type of account i have in this bank i a savings account but i am fully satisfied with my experience with them. They do not charge any fee to have an account with them which is a plus. All you need to open an account is a $5 minimum deposit. They are lacking in the mobile/online experience though. They do have an app but it seems very buggy to me. Overall the customer service is good as well. The only downside is that you can only talk to an actual person on the phone during business hours. If i had to rate the bank over all it would get a 4 out of 5 from me.

Wonderful Service

I have been a member with Dover Federal Credit Union for over 5 years now and I must say that I am very pleased with this institution.  They have wonderful representatives from the tellers who will help you with your everyday transactions to the member services reps who are so knowledgeable about all the products they have to offer from mortgages to signature loans.  If you are in the neighborhood and are looking for and honest bank with high quality standards, then Dover FCU is for you!