Financial Partners Credit Union Reviews

Just Really A Very Bad Bank

I opened a chk saving account, and i now learned all the loopholes
1. Their online chat - bad... never opened
2. the 8 month CD - dont have a chance online
3. the IRA CD - will never have a chance - they say visit the bank? how do i get there if i live far away!
4. They doing everything by MAIL? For real, at this current year of 2024 when everything else is electronic! Why bother answering the phone calls then!

I Was Punished Because I Invested

On January 5, 2024, I opened a checking, a savings, and a CD account. An hour later, my phone nearly exploded with alerts that my credit score had dropped 4 points due to a serious inquiry. It turns out that FPCU penalized me for investing my money with them. I indicated several times that I'm extremely disappointed, and a person promised over the phone that they would restore my credit score within 5-10 business days. Today, the evening of February 9th, I still see my reduced credit score. It doesn't appear on my profile, "your credit score is not available", but I check with any other bank, it shows the reduced number and that FPCU serious inquired on my credit rating, because of them, my credit rating decreased. DO NOT INVEST at FPCU because they will punish you as they punished me. SHAME ON YOU FPCU!!!!

Complete Trash

Complete trash. I was quoted 1 rate over the phone, then sent paperwork for a rate almost 3 times more. The honored their mistake, fast forward 8 years and I move out of state and register the car out of state. 2 years go by and i pay off the vehicle. They send my title to the wrong state and now the DMV for a state the car has not been registered in for almost 4 years wont release my pink slip. This is also AFTER MY ADDRESS WAS UPDATED WITH FINANCIAL PARTNERS FOR YEARS. they still sent this to the wrong address and wrong state DMV. Told me oops. DONT BANK HERE

Waste Of Time

they will lock your account, tell you it doesn't exist, and put you on hold to hang up on you after wasting 20 minutes. multiple times.

Find Another Credit Union

Since FP toook over my local credit union here in San Bernadino,Cali, there has been nothing but problems.
* Personal Human Interaction- Gone
* Because I had two different loan accounts, FP took my payment among themselves to put in my other acct without my knowledge. My acct number was on the paperwork. This happened more than once.
* Had to call FP and have my acct audited, bc my pymt history was not adding up. ( That's bc of putting my money in other acct)
* Sent my statements to an old address for well over a year, even though they were updated. Talked to agent Michelle and she did not return my calls regarding an update on my acct.
* Director emailed me to confiscate my car, bc I was 3 months behind. Not true. FP put my car note in another acct. They had to rectify this problem AGAIN.
* I definitely will find another CU. It looks like Navy Federal for me.
IF I COULD GIVE A ZERO OR LESS, IT WOULD BE DONE.

Fee: IRA Accounts (Outgoing Transfer) - $25

Yep, a fee for moving your IRA money out.

Total Amateur Hour. Awful Waste Of Time

I live outside of CA
Called spoke to rep
Advised that AARP membership was sufficient to join
Filled out app
Got error message after inserting all my data
Called
Spoke with different rep
Now told that I was given bad information
Must work or live in their trade area
Total amateurs

Terrible Credit Union

Financial Partners Credit Union is a terrible and unsafe credit union. The customer service is terrible and your money will not be safe. There are good choices of credit unions and banks but Financial Partners Credit Union is not a good choice. Beware of FPCU!?

Not The Best Place For Your Main Bank

Not the best place to bank for your main financial institution. In person at the branch, there are no longer any live tellers for any regular transactions (cash a check, deposit a check, get cash, etc). There are employees to help you with paperwork, open a loan, etc., but NOT for any transactions that require cash (ie, regular banking transactions). For those, you must now walk up to the special ATM with a TV screen, and interact with a person, whose face pops up on the screen, to do any such transactions (ie, you insert your check, wait for your cash back).

This is pretty bad for a number of reasons: (1) the long wait. At the local branch there is only one of these machines -- and each time someone steps up to it, they have to wait, and are put into queue, because people from other branches also need customer service, and you have to wait until someone at the head office is free to help you out. So if you're the only one waiting, you might have to wait 2-3 minutes. If there are other people waiting, be prepared to wait for a long time. (2) Since it's through a machine and video chat, and not with a live person, they're limited by how they can help you. If you want your change in $10 bills, forget it. Their machine will only dispense $20s and $5s. Trying to save on a few dollars by outsourcing ALL teller functions to the head office by way of video chat and an in-branch machine is a lousy way to bank.

As well, when I opened a CD there a few years ago (it's since matured, and I no longer bank here), they wouldn't accept a check made out to me using the commonly-accepted form of my name (ie, "Tom" instead of "Thomas") -- even though my drivers license and passport and other official forms of ID had my signature with that commonly-accepted form of my name. No other institution in my 40+ years ever gave me this hassle about this. These guys did.

There may be worse places to bank than here (ie, Wells Fargo, Bank of America etc) but there are certainly also much BETTER places to bank than here. If all you're doing is opening up a CD (sometimes they have decent CD rates), it should be okay (if they don't hassle you by refusing to accept a check made out to, for instance, "Tom Smith" and will only accept it to "Thomas Smith", even if you sign your valid government IDs as Tom Smith) and other little things. So again, for certain products here and there, they're okay, but it's not a great place to be your main financial institution.

Westminster, CA Branch-Opened 5 Year CD Today

Today opened a 5 year jumbo CD (base rate of 2.323%, APY of 2.35%) with my aunt. The rate is very good for the California market. Were able to do a Living Trust vesting and able to use POA for absent uncle (invalid at home) so the signature sheet could be finalized. Required to also open a share account with a balance of $25.

Able to obtain a monthly interest check by mail. Early withdrawal penalty on this CD was modest 180 days of interest.

Asked about Living Trust with two Trustees, if 1 dies, the remaining Trustee can close account early with no penalty.

This Westminster branch recently moved within a large shopping center to smaller quarters, Was told rent went up like 60% on old space. The space is functional and lobby had bar seats at high tables. Since my aunt was older, were able to go to a private office to open the account.

Representative who helped us was Sergio, who pulled out all the stops to get us in and out in about 30 minutes, with careful attention to account details. Good treatment with respect for older customer was appreciated. Will consider further CD business with this CU!

Positive Experience

Opened the 5yr special cd, very easy process. Staff was very helpful. Need to reside in the Los Angeles area.