First Commonwealth Bank Reviews

First Commonwealth Branch Bank Refuses To Release My Money .

I have been trying to write a check for cash , at the Montoursville branch Bank for two weeks .The amount would equal approximately 5% of the amount in my Account and the bank refuses to release the funds .

Den Of Thieves!

They were charging a $5/month fee on my checking account. I finally got tired of being ripped off each month, so I wrote a check for the balance of the account to close it. On the next statement, they "deducted" the $5 and then started charging an $8/day overdraft fee.

Cause the "overdraft" and then start charging fees.

First Commonwealth Bank

I bank at a smaller regional bank in Pennsylvania. I've been banking there for the last 13 years. I bank there mainly for the convenience. There are local branches throughout western Pa in particular. The branch I do most of my banking at is at Alum Bank and the second most is in Claysburg, PA. I currently have 2 checking and one savings account with them. I also have one open personal loan with them as well. They are extremely easy going and great to do business with. They will always call, if there would be an overdraft fee, even though it is setup to automatically transfer the money from savings if this happens, they just call to give me a heads up. In regards to the savings account, it pretty much has floundered getting well under 1% returns. My loan that I have through them, was a very competitive offer compared to the other banks that I shopped at. I ended up choosing them just because they are my bank and it was a very close rate. The online banking is very fluid and hardly ever has downtime. The tools that they have available online are good too.

Watch Out!

First Commonwealth Bank is following the bigger banks now in agressivley going after fees and penalties. The Opt In/Out has resulted in a windfall for the bank. 'Have been seeing things decline there since Mike Price's takeover in March 2012. Used to really love this bank, which had marketed itself as being morally superior, "better" than the others. Don't buy the hype. They are ramping up their money grabbing. Watch out if you own a small business; they market heavily to this group but will bleed you white if given the chance as you try to deal wih inevitable cash flow issues. They cynically take every advantage. I am currently looking to get the hell out of First Commonwealth of PA as soon as I can. Banking in Pittsburgh is atrocious. So much collusion between all of them, including, now, First Commonwealth. Where are the regulators??

Worst Bank Ever!

Now this bank has the nerve to lure small busines in local areas into letting them handle their payroll just so they can bank of the interest at their own leisure. Even if the business owner files all info say... on a friday, the employees are at the mercy of the postal service until the following possible, Weds, Thurs, Friday and even as late as the following Tuesday! In this option for small business there is also no chance of direct deposit which would process so much faster than mailing. Way to treat people that live paycheck to paycheck and treat the small business great for only probaly six months until screwing them also in the long run!