FORUM Credit Union Reviews

The Worst Of The Worst!

Posted by: techdude | Mar 19, 2019

When I went to a Forum branch to open an account it was a nightmare! When I got home I realized they did a 'hard' inquiry to Equifax which was NOT the proper procedure and it dropped my FICO score by 40 points (!). After 5 months they have yet to explain it. I am closing my account today

Forum CU Charges

Posted by: Gams | Sep 26, 2017

Not recommend anyone to save with. They charge overdraft even if you have savings linked to your account.

Use To Be A Member... Not Anymore!

I have had an account with them for over 23 years. They charged me a balance inquiry fee on an old account when I had over a thousand in my savings that was connected to it. Instead of moving the money over or calling me they just kept charging me fee. now that I'm $50 in fees I have closed the account without them even caring.

2% Special Is Gone

Posted by: Anon456 | Jul 14, 2015

Looks like they quit offering the special as of 7/6/15. More on this later. I am working out an issue with them about this rate on an IRA transfer.

Later - they did step up and honored the IRA transfer rate, but I did have to escalate it up to get it done. So I have to give them high marks after all.

You Are Not A Member

Posted by: Chef | May 16, 2015

The whole point of a credit union, is that you are a member and part owner when you join.

This doesn't matter to Forum. They charge fees for everything. They harass you at work and home if your a few days late on a payment.

They will close active accounts and sue you. I was disgusted by they lack of concern and professionalism.

I had to chage to a big bank, wich is far superior in service.

They could probably care less, but I dont understand how their management can live with themselves after kicking you when you're down.

They charged me over 2000.00 in fees and interest on fees alone in a matter of months. I was paying them back, but could never catch up.

This is all in the past for me now, but if I can convice just one of you to choose a different bank, I'd be satisfied.

In retrospect, I should have filed a lawsuit against them when they started breaking the law with certain collection practices. My biggest mistake was ignoring them, thinking thell go away.

Get an account at Chase, trust me.

Forum Credit Union..!! AWFUL..!!

So.....I moved and paid off my vehicle loan in the same month...Forum "says" they mailed out my vehicle title in the regular mail. I contacted both new and old post offices and they both told me they would have sent bank statements back to the sender. Forum agrees that's what the post office always does but, they don't have my title. In no way shape or form are they willing to find the title but they did manage to produce a waiver of lien on the vehicle so that I can go to the BMV and get a new title at my cost and on my time. THEY GOT MY MONEY and then said... Kiss my ass...! Oh and if you have an account that has the wrong address...They also CHARGE you a fee on a savings account of $5.00 a month...found that one out the hard way...!!! Thanks FORUM..!! Great doing business with you.

New Security Program

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 12, 2012

Their new security system stinks, it is impossible to log in without calling and getting a new security code every friggn time, ready to change banks.

Forum Is All About The Fees

I have been with Forum for awhile, and it is past time to switch to another financial institution. Forum is definitely about finding ways to charge fees for their customers. Unlike some other financial institutions, they will credit your deposit last, after taking out your transactions, to cause you to incur fees. Also, they don't limit the number of NSF fees they charge per day (Chase charges a max of 3), so each check/debit they process that day will be an extra $39 after the overdraft fee and transaction fee. I don't know how many times they have given me fees, even though I have made a large deposit that day, because they take transactions out first. Huntington Bank with it's 24-hour grace, here I come!

An Ok Place To Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 11, 2011

I have been banking here for many years. When I first started banking here, it was a very friendly place that seemed to care about their customers and took their time to meet customers needs. Over the years and as they have grown, I have noticed that the level of service has declined. They have started charging more fees and are not the friendly place that I use to bank. I have thought many times about changing banks to a smaller more home town bank where I would be well known and not just a face, but a name. The only reason that I have not changed is because of all of the automatic things that come out of my account and it would be a pain to move all of that. I really do not feel like I am known at this bank anymore, because they have gotten so big and no longer make customer service a priority. I guess maybe I am old fashioned in wanting my bank to know me. I am all about good customer service and I just don't feel like I am getting here any more like I use to. One of the worst places that I have received customer service from them is having to call their customer service number. The people I have talked to there have been downright rude at times. You would think at least the customer service people would provide quality customer service, but it is not the case.