Founders Federal Credit Union Reviews

Great - Better Than A Bank

Love these guys. Their online and apps could use work, but I love their products. Great people as well.

Customer Service

Customer Service needs work. I have been with Founders for more than 10 years now. I have a checking account, savings account, loyalty account, 2 loans, a credit card, three of my children have account under me; this all means nothing to Founders. Their customer service is horrible. They don’t care about their customers. Go to a different Credit union so you won’t invest your time into an union who doesn’t care about you!

Previous Multiple Count Customer

Friday I pulled out all of my accounts as you charged my 10 year old grandsons account $30 as someone said his address was incorrect. I have all the correct numbers on his account and I cannot believe you took money from a child's account. I will never bank with you again.

Unhappy Customer

I have been a member since 1981, but that doesn't count for much when it comes to their food through service.
They changed the terms of my credit card without ever notifying me until such time their computer started kicking out messages more than a year after the change. They they denied ever making the change.
My most recent experience has been when I applied for a mortgage. My salesperson looked at all my documents and said there would be no problem with pre-approval. After 2 weeks of inquiring the notified me they would not provide the loan. The rejection was based on some obsure ratio based on losses reported on my tax return. It was very obvious that the underwriter could not read a tax form. I was forced to then scramble to find another lender to meet my closing date which approved my loan in 20 days. Their incompetence caused a significant amount of of frustration and added expense.

INCOMPETENCE WILL PREVAIL

I have really TRIED to work with this FLOUNDERS credit union, BUT every time i get the same results!!

incompetence
inability to do something successfully
ineptitude.
professional incompetence
ineptitude, ineptness, inability, lack of ability, lack of skill, lack of proficiency!!!

FOUNDER FEDERAL CREDIT UNION GETS ONE THING RIGHT EVERY TIME-INCOMPETENCE WILL PREVAIL AT FLOUNDERS CREDIT UNION!

POOR SERVICE!!!!!!

Worst Bank ever!!! Stay away from them no matter how long you are a loyal customer they are not willing to help you. Poor customer service no wonder they have new employees every week! They can't keep their customers satisfied!

Founders Federal Credit Union is Highly Recommended

I have been with Founders Federal Credit Union for many years. The one thing I like best is their customer service. No matter what my issue has been, the representative I have spoken with has been extremely helpful and professional. I opened a Roth IRA a few years ago, and I feel very confident in their ability to help me manage the fund and address any issues or problems I have. The only complaint I have is their mobile site. It works fine most of the time, but it's glitchy a lot more often than I think is acceptable.

VERY Poor Customer Service

Founders has very poor customer service. I waited in the lobby and sat for 20 minutes when a banker was not helping anyone else. They didn't acknowledge me or say they would be with me in a minute. Once they did see fit to help me, they read my name and social security number out over the phone to another department with her door wide open and a lobby of customers. Poor service, poor training and very poor attitudes there.

Great opportunities

I really love this bank. It provides excellent service. It gave me a loan when no one else would for years because I had no credit or what credit I did have was bad. Giving loans to help establish credit or repair it is wonderful.

Really Poor Business Practices

Ive tried doing business here a couple of times, and their policies and practices are just shady. You can't trust them to honor their obligations, just refusing to follow their agreements. Nickel and dime folks to death over nothing - their corporate behavior, lack of customer service, and overall dishonesty has turned me into a vocal and regular spokesman against banking here. Go to Family Trust or SCBT instead.

FIND ANOTHER Credit Union... STAY AWAY! THEY'll HIRE ANYONE WHO CAN FOG A MIRROR, They Obviously Do Not Do Personality Tests Or Background Testing Before They Hire Someone.

BEWARE: The New banking center manager in Rock Hill (Rocky)... is an idiot. When I was waiting in the lobby, I overheard him cussing when on a phone call conversation to what appeared to be a disgruntled customer. When I addressed him about the situation he became defensive and turned down my loan... I have a 697 Credit score. Obsurd to say the least.

I tried to reach the Vice President of Founders (Darrell Bowie) several times to express my concern, he has still has not returned my calls. I have left him messages daily for over a week. I will be taking my banking elsewhere to say the least.

Founders Federal Credit Union Gives $10 Million

Founders Federal Credit Union, a credit union in Lancaster, South Carolina; will be giving $10million back to its members in the form of a bonus dividend. About half will go to depositors based on their interest earned and the other half will go to borrowers based on their interest paid. There’s no doubt that its 200,000 members are thrilled.

» Founders Federal Credit Union Gives $10 Million

DONT USE THIS BANK

I HAVE A CAR LOAN WITH THIS BANK AND THEY TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO ALL OF A SUDDEN ADD INSURANCE TO MY ACCOUNT.  THE REASON BEING IS MY INSURANCE COMPANY SWITCHED POLICIES BACK IN APRIL AND THEY "THOUGHT" MY INSURANCE HAD LAPSED. I HAVE MY INSURANCE COMPANY TO SEND THEM THE INFORMATION AND THEY CANNOT USE THIS BECAUSE FOUNDERS NAME IS NOT ON IT. YET THEY STILL WANT TO CHARGE ME AS THOUGH I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE AND THE PROOF IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I HAVE BEEN BANKING WITH THEM SINCE I HAVE BEEN OLD ENOUGH TO HOLD AN ACCOUNT AND NOTHING GOOD HAS EVER CAME OUT OF THEM. TODAY I DID SOMETHING THAT I HAVEN'T EVER DONE AND THAT WAS OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT AT ANOTHER BANK. PROBABLY THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. SO, UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO ADJUST YOUR INFORMATION WHEN THEY ARE IN THE WRONG, I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO NOT USE THIS BANK.