Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union (FMFCU) Reviews

FMFCU Went From Hero To ZERO!

FMFCU was a great bank when I joined 35+ years ago (checking, 2 savings and a money market account). NO LONGER the case!! Ridiculous fees/hidden charges, absolutely horrific service and a terrible online platform. They practically force you to go paperless yet printing your statements is time consuming, complicated and antiquated (must open numerous windows, save to computer, reformat to avoid excessive waste of paper, ink and time, then open from file and finally, hopefully, print). Finally fed up, I tried to close 3 of my 4 accounts only to be told they could wire at $25 PER ACCOUNT, or mail hard checks. I refuse to pay $75 for my own money so opted for checks and explicitly requested (in writing) THREE separate checks, one for each account (after all, they were going to charge me a wire fee for each account, right?). No surprise, my instructions were ignored and I received ONE check for the total amount of the three accounts which I tried to deposit into my other CU’s ATM. Nope. Since they ignored my instructions to cut three separate checks, the single check amount exceeded ATM deposit limit. FMFCU refused to help leaving me no option other than wasting an entire day (3+ hour drive each way) to deposit in the new bank’s main branch (due to Covid, all other branches were closed to walk-ins). A week later I log into the one remaining account I left open to ensure all checks had cleared and I see an $8.95 “Inactivity” fee! The service center informed me the fee was because I hadn’t used the Bill-Pay service for 90 days. Really??? The above is a snapshot of one week of headaches and frustrations endured from FMFCU trying to get MY OWN money, however, it is representative of every contact I’ve had with them over the last 7 or so years. Run, don’t walk, to any other bank/credit union other than FMFCU. You’ll save money and your sanity!

Took Fees Over A 3 Year Period For Nonuse, Refused Refund

I've used FMFCU for fifteen years and only had two issues over that time. They inaccurately calculated the payout on a savings bond and then were very rude when asking for it back. I let it go because the money was rightfully theirs and assumed they were frustrated they made a mistake.

More recently they took fees from me for not using their bill pay service, they did this over a 3 year period but refused to refund the full balance. I am disgusted between the incompetence and the blatant disregard for customers. I have moved my funds out and will not be returning.

Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union

Working with the local branches of the franklin mint credit union has been great. They really compete against larger banks by offering low rates, small fees (if any) and the ability to hold a savings account without having to keep a minimum balance within the account. Working with FMFCU has allowed me to save money that I would have likely lost in typical bank fees and put more of those funds to a savings account. The staff are always polite and friendly as well and are always willing to help with any questions regarding current accounts or opening a new account. I will continue to bank with this company as they have treated me like a valuable customer.

30 Year Customer. No Members Here.

Disgusted. Poor customer service. No follow up. 3 instances of fraud in 6 months, and not so much as a call to tell mr anything. I had to find out on my own!. No promise of trying to better security or anything. And i have to do all of the leg work to get my own money back. Wonder when i get my paycheck from FMFCU for doing their work for them. 30 year member is going elsewhere today.

Franklin Mint - A Friendly Local Credit Union

With a 15 year and counting membership under belt, I feel more qualified than most in providing a review of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. If you have ever met friends or family tell you that Credit Unions provide a much more intimate banking experience at a lower price point, they are absolutely right. All of my interactions with Franklin Mint have been pleasant over the years, and it has been very rare that fees have become an issue. They are very generous with opening new accounts, ATM usage fees, and provide competitive interest rate incentives to keep your money growing. I also recently opened a joint checking account with my wife, and the process could not have gone smoother. Large banks often seem impersonal and uncaring, and often come with oppressive fee structures, but Franklin Mint has no such limitations. The only real downside is that their Mobile Experience needs an update, as their app seems a bit dated and lacks more sophisticated functionality. Still, that is a small price to pay for the great banking experience that they provide every single day.

The Credit Union of my choice!

I started my account with this credit union sometime ago and have been consistently impressed with its customer service and dedication to creating a happy member. At one point in time I fell upon hard times and the account went into a negative state for over 30 days. Policy aimed for the credit union to close my account but instead the member service representative made arrangements with me to pay what was old. Making certain the payment was something I could afford the representative avoided a negative indentation on my credit report and many additional fees. Being a smaller credit union the products and services offered are quite competitive and there are plenty of ways for the average individual to qualify for membership. FMFCU is the neighborhood credit union servicing everyone the same no matter financial status! Great Credit Union. It is the credit union of my choice!

Franklin Mint Provides a Great Customer Experience

I have been a long time member of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union, and there has never been a day that I have regretted my decision. While many friends and family complain about their high banking fees, Franklin Mint has always been kind and understanding in my dealings with them. Their customer service has always been stellar as well, although I'll admit most of the time their banking experience is so seamless that I do not have to contact them directly very often. If you're in the market for opening a new account or want to get away from big banks, they are a great opportunity to do so.

Whole Bank

I applied for an auto loan an have been running back and forth all just to get declined after being told if I bring this document and this document you will get the amount needed. Biggest load of crap ever fed to me instant approval is a joke just to make you do work and go crazy because you get approved than told to bring in proof of income then when you do because of minus 7 hrs you get denied sorry I had to go to the doctor and then the car you already paid insurance for gets sold and you get a sorry bring back another stub an a vsa and you'll get approved for the amount you need ha so your telling me a new car is worth 13000 dollars I'm not taking out a loan to get junk I'm taking it out to get something I want if I'm gonna be in debt I'm gonna do it in what I want not a pos. The bank is incompetent un caring ignorant and possibly challenged for they know nothing about their job which is to read a computer screen. I wouldn't be as mad if they would have told me no in the beginning instead of waisting a month of my life. Stay clear away of Springfield branch sad sad people.