Fulton Bank, National Association Reviews

Horrible Bank - Their Errors Have Affected My Credit

Posted by: chasbo | Jul 18, 2012

The only reason that I gave them a one star rating is that I couldn't give them a 0 rating.  They incorrectly changed my address, so I missed getting a statement.  When I called them about the missing statement they apologized for the error and when I asked if they were going to report the late payment they assured me they wouldn't.  When I received their statement I made the payment and it was appliied to the most recent installment, not the one past due.  Through a whole series of mistakes, I am now 2 months ahead on my mortgage, with 2 late payments.  I will never deal with them again.  I'm convinced that they specifically made the "error" on purpose, hurting my credit rating so that it would be difficult to refinance my 6 1/2% motgage.

I'm though with them, where they are not incompetent, they are just inconsiderate.

Jumbo Nonconventional Mortgage

Posted by: Chuber105 | May 13, 2012

Fulton Bank is the worst bank for Jumbo Loans and is untrustworthy.  They have avoided our repeated request for help to lower our rate because since we built our house the value has decreased by more than 50%.  We are currently paying them more for our house than it is worth. They should be invested by the FDIC because of these unscrupulous methods of banking.

Fulton Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | May 2, 2012

I agree with most of the others posts. This is a terrible bank to do business with.

Horrible Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 8, 2012

I banked with them for years when they were "The Bank of South Jersey" and they were great. Once they became Fulton Bank it became horrible. They started giving me outrageous fees. They would charge me to use a free ATM at Wawa! The fees were just too much.

Like Watching Grass Grow And Paint Dry

Posted by: CMyGripe | Dec 10, 2011

Agree 100% with Pintman's review: Fulton's loan process is "Glacial".  Spot On!  We'd established a great, long-term working relationship with some wonderfully responsive Fulton Bank personel for our commercial investments (the only reason Fulton got 2 stars instead of 1).  The loan process was always seemless, and quick.

Recently, our contacts have been shifted around here and there, and the once respectful, timely business process went static.  Now, it seems that the "powers that be" at Fulton's decision table work an awkward 1-day "production"  week:

Thursday:    Reserved for setting up foursomes and tee times.  No decisions made
Friday:        The weekly "hit the Links!" outing with the pals.  No decisions made
Monday:      Breakfast-brunch-lunch with the golf buddies to review Friday's game.  No decisions made.
Tuesday      Review loan requests not completed on Thursday and Friday. Paper shuffle. Procrastinate 1 more day.
Wednesday: Actually make a decision on a loan request, or two.  Leave all other requests sit until next week.

Recommendation:  If you're a serious commercial investor looking for a business-like, congenial, and respectful relationship based on a win-win situation, look elsewhere.  Fulton Bank seems more interested in nickel and diming granny out of her checking account than acting like a grown up business lending institution.  Sorry Fulton, I'm leaving, and taking my investor network with me.

PS Fulton on-line banking mirrors their loan process: novice, cumbersome, and time-consuming to use.

Posted by: crokerpal | Jul 8, 2011

It took me over four months to close my money market account at Fulton Bank.  They attempted to charge me 100’s of dollars before I finally got it close.  They owed me interest that I never did receive.  They kept writing me letters saying I owed them money.  I called/wrote letters/emails before I could get them to close my account.  They are a HORRIBLE BANK and I would advise everyone not to bank with them.

A Great Bank If You're Nostalgic For The 80'S

Posted by: pintman | Jun 20, 2011

In my mid-50s, I'm down to just two personal checking accounts and a home equity LOC. I stuck with Fulton for too many years simply because they have a ton of branches in Central Pennsylvania.  But I gradually got fed up with their stodgy service.  Feature-deficient online banking that was hard to set up, hard-to-read line of credit statements, glacial loan application processing, indifferent service, limited branch hours.  I always got the feeling this bank really doesn't want to be part of the 21st century, and doesn't want walk-in customers like me.  I'm reminded of that old TV commercial about the Lethargic National Bank.

Big City Stuff

Posted by: mannequin | Jun 19, 2010

Never one to be friendly, I assumed when my husband died and I needed a notary, my bank would be there for me. Wrong. In the state of PA., a bank mgr. doesn't notarize for anything other than mtg. or loans.  Although I go there weekly, they always act as if they have no idea who I am.

Not a good bank.