General Electric Credit Union Reviews

Lacks Customer Service After Hours

Overall, this credit union has been great for my family. However, there was a mix up a few years back on out of state spending. My family and I had gone to Tennessee for vacation, prior to leaving, as requested, we told the bank we would be using the bank card out of state from a certain date to a certain date and to take the hold off the card for spending money and out of state requirements. We got to our hotel and everything went just fine for the entire weekend until the final day, a Sunday. On Sunday we went to check out of the hotel and our card was declined. I checked our account and we had plenty of money to cover the bill and even more for spending the rest of the day. I called the number on the back of the card AND THEY ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS. So, here we were 5 1/2 hours from home, barely any gas and a card that wouldn't work because the hold on funds and out of state had not properly been done per our request and form filled out. We were able to use a credit card to get what we needed to get done, but this bank should have after hours customer care and should be very careful to complete customer requests in order to not leave them stranded high and dry.

GE Credit union

GE Credit union is a great local bank for anyone that is living in Cincinnati. The interest rates that you receive for your accounts is significantly greater than that of the major banks. The interest rate for my savings account was about five times higher than that of Bank of America. The branch location that we use is very close to where I live. I have never been to this bank when there has been a long line. I don't know if I am just lucky or if they work so fast that there is never a line. It is also very easy to open new accounts and receive new cards if you ever lose one. They have a very friendly staff and they are very prompt in answering any question that you might have. I would highly recommend GE credit union to anyone that is living in the Cincinnati area and does not want to open an account at one of the larger banks in the country.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED

I have a car loan through ge credit union and I make payments through their online account and do external transfer from my checking account with chase. I must have entered a wrong number so they charge me $50 extra from the mistake do not credit for one time mistakes when i have never had this issue previously and still requested to have my payment taken out so it can be paid which they declined to do. Poor customer service from a woman who didn't even understand what she was saying and while i tried to explain what was showing on my end over talked me and cut me off. Will not go with this credit union again when getting another loan. Worst customer service i have ever experienced from a bank in my life.

Great service

GE Credit Union does a fantastic job of serving its clients. The products available in terms of checking and savings are much like other banks, with similar rates. You may be able to find a better rate at another bank. The service here, however, really sets them apart. They'll always go the extra mile to make sure you're satisfied, including removing fees if necessary(they completely got rid of all fees associated with savings and checking for me) and integrating their other products into a package for you. They're always friendly and its clear that they really want your business; that you are a valued customer is apparent at all times. All in all- a great credit union that really looks out for you, and highly recommended for the great level of service provided.

Terrible Service

go to the bathroom, eat and perhaps call your parents on the other phone if you have to call GECU customer service-- well over 6 minutes before you get a live person. Oh, and don't send bills with due dates 3 days on receipt.

Customer Service Is Great! Fewer Nickel And Dime Fees Needed.

I've been a customer of GE Credit Union for several years and have been really impressed. They're very customer-centric. Their products are really good and their rates are usually the best in the area. We refinanced our mortgage with them and they took care of everything making it completely painless for us. GECU's fees can be a nuisance. They charge 50 cents for each 5/3 ATM transaction (but no surcharge). Many small banks and credit unions would just suck that fee up as a service. They also offer PopMoney but with fees that are also a nuisance vs. free with many banks. The fees really don't add up to much though and their service has really been very helpful to us.

Horrible Customer Service

Horrible customer service. Worse banking I've ever received! Go anywhere, but there.

GE Credit Union A Comercial Bank And Not A Credit Union!

GE credit union has horrible customer service, and i feel this is a big typical cooperate bank and not a credit union. GE credit union has been successful in branding its financial institute as quote "credit union". It is not a credit union; please don't be fooled! It's a big bank just like banking with Chase bank or bank of America. Their fees are all the same charges as the cooperate banks. GE credit union bought out my old credit union, which i have been banking with for 12 years, and have changed all services and benefits i enjoyed from my old credit union like clearing checks on time, doing your transaction without showing your photo identification because the credit union staff knows all its customers and we have a banking relationship. GE credit union is a full cooperate bank but not a credit Union.

1 vote | Report Post

Horrible Customer Service If Calling In

I recently lost my vehicle to a head-on collision where the other party was 100% at fault.  Every time I have called GECU it takes more than 6 minutes to answer a call, and I'm usually on the phone for about 20 minutes if I have a question, with only a few minutes actually spent talking to someone.  They refused to delay payments or stop interest. They don't have a branch close to me, so not sure why the dealership picked them.  They refuse to make a simple note to state that additional principal payments were to be applied to the rediculous $175 loan/application fee.  I will never have another account with them and will gladly pay a higher interest rate on future vehicle loans to avoid GECU.