Genisys Credit Union Reviews

Your Money Is Not Safe At This Institution & They Are Not Insured

I had an unauthorized transaction on my account for $ 11,478.13 and have been trying to work with both the Eagan office and MI main office to get it resolved. I have been a member with Genisys for about 20 years and had my share of issues with them but I thought all was going to be better now that Bruce is gone but now things just got worse. I am working with FDIC to get my money back but they are telling me there is a lapse in there insurance. Do yourself a favor and go some where else!

Experiences at Genisys Credit Union

We really love Genisys Credit Union. We are in an area that has many of them nearby, which makes it easy to cash checks, and bank. They also allow the use of any credit union ATM for withdrawing funds without getting big charges to do so. We have always appreciated that they know our names, and have spent much time getting things just right for us. Every single associate we have dealt with has been very kind and courteous as well as going the extra lengths required to help us with different problems. Their over draft charges aren't as much a most other banks, and if you make an accidental overdraft they will take it off as long as you pay in the next few days. They have great loan rates and have helped us to improve our credit also. I use the online banking often, and it is very secure and makes me feel at ease. It is also very easy to pay bills and move money between accounts. We always appreciate our time there, and over the phone, as they are very easy to talk to and have very good customer service.

Shareholder

My first and only Credit Union. Love them since the 80's when I think I joined it. I think their website is great and the recent bill payer change was seamless. Very professional outfit. I didn't know they were in the top 200 but I am not surprised.

Terrible Credit Union

This is a terrible credit union.....their web site is the worst! And customer service is little to none. As soon as you call them, the recording will keep referring you to the web site. Then, if you have no choice but to talk to a human, usually there are atleaset 5 people in front of you. Go to ANY OTHER CREDIT UNION besides this one.

Just Ok Nothing Special

Main branch has ONLY 1 ATM, for the main branch. Inside only 5 employees in this large building are helping customers. You would think that customer service would be more front and center.

LOVE GENISYS CREDIT UNION

I have been banking with Genisys Credit Union for over a year now and have been so impressed with the people and the service they provide.  The employees in every branch I have been in have been so friendly and helpful and I love their new iPhone banking application.

I WOULD GIVE ZERO STARS IF I COULD! THEY STOLE OUR $!!

My husband and I have a number of different accounts with different banks and credit unions. We were hoping to make Genisys our main location for a majority of our money. They seemed great, really helpful, and never any issues for a full year. That all changed this week. Randomly two days ago, our account with them was charged $170 in NSF fees. We have clearly more than enough money to not warrant any overdraft fees. There is no negative balance and there has never been a negative balance. We keep the bare minimum in the savings ($5) as our real savings is held elsewhere. The checking had over $3000 when the fees started getting applied. Even after the 6 NSF fees went thru and a few payment transactions, the account was still more than positive. We called the bank and were told we'd get a call back in 10 minutes. No call, called back. Another 10 minutes. Called back, and another. Finally I called the Customer Service main line out of their home office in Michigan. They told me they cannot do anything. Only the local branch manager can reverse NSF fees. They tell me they got ahold of the manager on the other line and they refuse to reverse the fees. No one at the branch will transfer me to the manager, and the manager refused to speak with me through their main branch line when I called in. Went in to cancel account and withdraw the rest of our $, the manager had already left. How disappointing! Worst customer service ever. Telling all of our friends and family and spreading the word. I would HATE for this to happen to anyone else. AVOID them and SPREAD the word so this happens to no one else. Their immature refusal to speak with me on the matter was the worst mistake they made. Refusing the refund the fees was the 2nd worst. Do not work with them. They are unprofessional and steal your money!

Genisys Is A Credit Union That Acts Like A Big Bank.

Nice website and good loan programs. Corp office customer support is really rude and not professional. I have been using credit unions for over 20 years and will NEVER use Genisys again.

Genisys

This is a great bank to work with. All the workers are very friendly, understanding, and patient. They can be trusted and are known to be loyal for handling and holding onto my money. Great bank overall.