Georgia Banking Company Reviews

Limited Access For Support

Posted by: pleise | Jun 3, 2019

Late one Friday afternoon I attempted to access my account. I was locked out because evidently I'm supposed to login at least once per month. I only have a CD! I called for support at 2:30 my time, but as I am on the west coast, GBC was already closed FOR THE WEEKEND! I went to the GBC website - no tech support number! At this point i really started questioning why I opened a CD at this bank. I was actually a little worried. I deal with at least 12 banks at any given time (it's a hobby) and I've never run into this lack of online customer service. What if I'd had a checking or savings account and absolutely needed to do a transfer?
After calling at opening time Monday morning, their message stating they were closed was running until 10 minutes past their opening time. Finally got through to Brenda D. The only bright spot in the whole experience. She was empathetic and really understood the problem. I emphasized that if I was local and had a checking or savings account with GBC, I'd be gone that afternoon.
I understand they're a small, relatively young bank, but they need to get into the 21st century. I buy CDs all over the country, but will not consider them again unless these problems are worked out.

Appreciation For Honor In Dating CD For Higher Rate

Posted by: pua | May 23, 2019

Aug 12, despite what robot displays.

This is a note of appreciation for the ethical integrity of the bankers at GBC. I had 100K cash that I was planning to put into a 2-year CD sometime in mid-August. But as everyone will recall, the stock market was crashing on Monday/Tuesday Aug 5-6, and the flight to safety caused bond rates and CD rates to drop like a rock. GBC had the best rate for 2-year CD, at 2.80% APY on Monday. I already had a CD there from 3 months ago, and a money market account. See my comment from May 23. So on Monday 8/05 I phoned them. CSR said yes, I could send them the 100K by ACH to the MM acct and they would set up the CD; that way there would be no delay for online application, verification, etc. I immediately sent the 100K, and saw that it had arrived in the MM acct on Tuesday. The CD rate was still 2.80% APY. But on Wed my new CD still had not shown up on their website, and their rate on the CD had now dropped to 2.60% APY. Yikes! And on Thursday still no CD showing up on the website. I was worried they might be delaying issuing the CD in order to give me the new lower rate. But no, they are simply slow in doing paperwork and updating their website -- maybe too much work for too small crew. In the end I got the 2.80% APY, dated for Tuesday 8/06 as promised. This is a bank whose officers still maintain the good old-fashioned Southern honor and ethics. I'll not be sending them any more money, maybe for 2 years, because it's already deployed elsewhere. But I just wanted to give praise where praise is definitely due. And by the way, they now have a toll-free phone number after I complained 3 months ago on this blog; so they do listen and make improvements.

Best Customer Service

Posted by: Daniel77 | May 1, 2019

I love the service that I receive from my Bank and Banker, Chris McNeil. He exemplifies the true meaning of customer service. From the time that I opened all of my accounts to today, Chris has always stayed in touch and made sure that I continue to get the care and service that I expect from my Bank.

Great Rates And Service

Neat little bank. They should get more love.

Great Little Bank . . .

Posted by: GregNYC | Feb 20, 2019

I'm surprised this wonderful Atlanta-based bank doesn't get more love. They just dropped their 5-year CD rate by 30 bps, but at 3.5%, they were among the very best, with a low 180 day EWP. The rates still aren't bad. Extremely nice, personal service.

Kasasa Checking Requirements

I called before opening a reward checking account to get as much info as possible. Reps were very pleasant, however, the opening process requires the use of separate email / DocuSign system. You will likely be required to scan & upload ID and utility statements, etc. They did not inform me that an Equifax credit pull would be required until I was most of the way through the process (second day). Very disappointing as I keep my credit reports frozen and had to jump through a bunch of hoops.and wait an even longer period of time. For those who want simplicity or don't want a credit pull, you'll want to avoid. Thanks.

Great Customer Service

I recently found Georgia Banking Company on this website because of their high rates, boy am I happy that I did. They have the best service, any time I ever had to call they pick up almost immediately and are very knowledgeable. I would recommend giving them a try!

Restrictions On ACH Transfer And Beneficiary Designation

Posted by: Ravaan | Nov 20, 2018

Wanted to open an online CD and called the customer service. The staff was great, but they informed me that they have $25000 limit on ACH transfer for funding the account. Anything more, you have to MAIL a check. Also, no beneficiary designation available during online application. Once the account is funded, you have to call them to add a beneficiary. A bit of hoops to go through...