Grow Financial Federal Credit Union Reviews

Grow Financial Keeps Growing.

I've banked with Grow Financial for over three years. They're local to the Tampa Florida area. I have a checking and savings account with them. So far my experience has been great! They're very personable as a local bank. They deal with questions and concerns with great competence. They fully understand the local market and adjust their rates based on needs and wants of local values. I feel very secure with them at their branches, everything is very private. They have a variety of locations, so no matter where I am in the Tampa area I know they'll be close by. The online experience has been great. Electronic deposits and withdrawals happen quickly. The reminders are always up to date to ensure you don't miss any bills! Online the website is very easy to navigate. I had a little bit of an issue with the mobile app saying my account was already in use and when I attempted to reset my password it could not find my account. They were able to fix it because my account was not registered with online banking. Overall they've been a great local bank and I'm excited to do business with them in the future!

Grow Financial Federal Credit Union Is Garbage

Grow Financial Federal Credit Union is a Joke.
Wanted to close my auto loan with them the other day. Went to their branch to pay with my debit card and partially with a credit card. They ran both as cash advance without even telling me. I ended up with cash advance fees on both cards.
This is so far the worst experience that I have had with financial institutions.

Grow Financial

Posted by: Stephanie3 | Oct 5, 2014

I have completed loan applications with this credit union. I found their forms to be quick and easy, I appreciated their great customer service.

Love Grow Financial Credit Union

I've been with Grow since 1996 and have not had issues with it. We have financed our car with them also, no issues. Each time I go to talk with someone in their office about a credit transfer or IRA issue they have been very helpful. My only wish is that they could raise the interest rate so we can get more for our savings but it's an industry wide concern, not just one from Grow.

Grow Lies - Covers Up

They have an open investigation by regulators into their deposit and loan accounts due to mismanagement of their application of payments made in person at teller windows.

Go elsewhere.

Read the many, many complaints against this credit union and make up your own mind.

I wish I had!

Grow Financial

Posted by: mydawgz | Aug 22, 2012

Take your money out of Grow Financial Credit Union and find another bank. They will REFUSE to help you when you really need a little help. As a professional in my community, I will tell every person that I know to not bank with Grow. You can be a great customer for several years and it means absolutely nothing to them. They deserve a zero star rating.

GROWING TIRED OF GROW

When this was Macdill FCU it didn't seem as bad. Since becoming Grow FCU it has turned into Ebenezer Scrooge FCU.

I have been with Grow/Macdill since 98'. My whole family has been with them since the 80's.  I had many Auto Loans through them in the past with no problems. Then 2 years ago I traded in my car and let the Dealership handle the financing. I didn't go to Grow in advance.

When I was signing the contract the Finance Manager tells me that Grow Declined to finance me and that Pinellas FCU approved it. A CU that I wasn't even a member of.  Now this week I tried to get a personal loan and was thinking of also Re-financing my home loan with Grow.  The Personal loan was declined and that was it for me.

That was the last straw.

My sister has already become tired of Grow and has left them. My parents are considering it.

I am switching my Direct Deposit and closing my account. I will never do  business with them again.

i will go to Pinellas FCU where my Auto Loan went through and see what they have to offer.

Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 27, 2011

Been with them for six months and never had a problem. Every time I have gone into a branch, I have always received great service. Great rates too.

Disappointed

Posted by: BB | Aug 26, 2011

A member since 1995 w/Credit Score of 815, no late paments and only $1,000 debt.  I stayed w/this small guy to support it, instead of Mega Banks; however, as other customers and after 45 min in waiting (several times), the FCU was unable to give me a personal loan.  Also, in the past while trying to solve claims charges, they never get back to me, and $ was not returned (only $30).   Next step: yes, I'll move with a bigger bank, despite my effort to support the little guys.

Terrible Loan Assisatance.

The customer service agents just read from a prompter every time you call them. They were quick to give a loan but no help was given after years of payments and wanting to refinance. Speaking with a "manager" didn't help at all either. Managers just act like their hands are tied by "Company Policy".

Take your money to a better Credit Union and avoid the headaches.

Closing Accounts

Today after many years of being a loyal customer; I am closing all of my accounts with Grow Financial. I have a excellent credit score, over 800, no late payments, or other factors that could hurt my credit. However, I am unable to get a loan from this bank. The government has bailed out banks, but the banks are making it very hard for those of us who have made our payments on time and played by the rules.  I am taking my business, loans elsewhere. With a health rating of only 3, Grow Financial will only continue to look after it's bottom line and not it's customes.

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact feedback@depositaccounts.com to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.