Grow Financial Federal Credit Union Reviews

Great Bank To Work With.

Years of experiences on Banking with different Banks finally I fund right Bank to work with, This year is my 4th year with Grow Financial and I have great experience with them, they are very friendly , very knowledge on what they doing yes sometimes banks are busy the reason why is because they have a lot of customers due to there excellent service, I Bank with Brandon Branch , Manager to teller ,loan officers and all others very nice and kind people not only that they are very professional, Thank you for your great service I am recommend to all my employees ,my business partners and my friends
Benny

Grow Financial Keeps Growing.

I've banked with Grow Financial for over three years. They're local to the Tampa Florida area. I have a checking and savings account with them. So far my experience has been great! They're very personable as a local bank. They deal with questions and concerns with great competence. They fully understand the local market and adjust their rates based on needs and wants of local values. I feel very secure with them at their branches, everything is very private. They have a variety of locations, so no matter where I am in the Tampa area I know they'll be close by. The online experience has been great. Electronic deposits and withdrawals happen quickly. The reminders are always up to date to ensure you don't miss any bills! Online the website is very easy to navigate. I had a little bit of an issue with the mobile app saying my account was already in use and when I attempted to reset my password it could not find my account. They were able to fix it because my account was not registered with online banking. Overall they've been a great local bank and I'm excited to do business with them in the future!

Grow Financial Federal Credit Union Is Garbage

Grow Financial Federal Credit Union is a Joke.
Wanted to close my auto loan with them the other day. Went to their branch to pay with my debit card and partially with a credit card. They ran both as cash advance without even telling me. I ended up with cash advance fees on both cards.
This is so far the worst experience that I have had with financial institutions.

Grow Financial

I have completed loan applications with this credit union. I found their forms to be quick and easy, I appreciated their great customer service.

Love Grow Financial Credit Union

I've been with Grow since 1996 and have not had issues with it. We have financed our car with them also, no issues. Each time I go to talk with someone in their office about a credit transfer or IRA issue they have been very helpful. My only wish is that they could raise the interest rate so we can get more for our savings but it's an industry wide concern, not just one from Grow.

Grow Lies - Covers Up

They have an open investigation by regulators into their deposit and loan accounts due to mismanagement of their application of payments made in person at teller windows.

Go elsewhere.

Read the many, many complaints against this credit union and make up your own mind.

I wish I had!

Grow Financial

Take your money out of Grow Financial Credit Union and find another bank. They will REFUSE to help you when you really need a little help. As a professional in my community, I will tell every person that I know to not bank with Grow. You can be a great customer for several years and it means absolutely nothing to them. They deserve a zero star rating.

GROWING TIRED OF GROW

When this was Macdill FCU it didn't seem as bad. Since becoming Grow FCU it has turned into Ebenezer Scrooge FCU.

I have been with Grow/Macdill since 98'. My whole family has been with them since the 80's.  I had many Auto Loans through them in the past with no problems. Then 2 years ago I traded in my car and let the Dealership handle the financing. I didn't go to Grow in advance.

When I was signing the contract the Finance Manager tells me that Grow Declined to finance me and that Pinellas FCU approved it. A CU that I wasn't even a member of.  Now this week I tried to get a personal loan and was thinking of also Re-financing my home loan with Grow.  The Personal loan was declined and that was it for me.

That was the last straw.

My sister has already become tired of Grow and has left them. My parents are considering it.

I am switching my Direct Deposit and closing my account. I will never do  business with them again.

i will go to Pinellas FCU where my Auto Loan went through and see what they have to offer.

Customer Service

Been with them for six months and never had a problem. Every time I have gone into a branch, I have always received great service. Great rates too.

HIDDEN Fees With Grow Financial Federal Credit Union!

Imagine you go into your federal credit union (Grow Financial) where you have been banking since 1986 to withdraw your money market funds, and get hit with a “very hidden” fee of $885.00! Nobody bothers to tell me about this fee, no paperwork is signed, not even is my identification checked. They did this without my knowledge or consent, by secretly going into my “checking” account to take (steal) what they have labeled as a “cash withdraw fee”. I would have never even known it was missing until checks started bouncing, or by checking my account(s) online. Luckily I did go online and was able to spot it before checks began bouncing.

I have gotten nowhere in my complaints with the branch manager(s), and have written the CEO ( Robert Fisher ) a letter that was received months ago and has went ignored.

I thought there might be some public interest in this story, with just how safe our money really is in the bank. What do you do (or can you do) when the financial institution you are trusting with your money- decides to rob you? I have contacted the NCUA and Grow just lied to them and said I was informed.

The reason I decided to withdraw my money in the first place was because of thier inferior service when I went to get a pre-approval for a mortgage loan. I would be happy to share more details but I'm not sure if I can list my contact info here? Please let me know if you're interested when you respond (to this thread) and I'll get back to you will complete details of what happened to me with this nightmare of a credit union.

Robert Johnson

Disappointed

A member since 1995 w/Credit Score of 815, no late paments and only $1,000 debt.  I stayed w/this small guy to support it, instead of Mega Banks; however, as other customers and after 45 min in waiting (several times), the FCU was unable to give me a personal loan.  Also, in the past while trying to solve claims charges, they never get back to me, and $ was not returned (only $30).   Next step: yes, I'll move with a bigger bank, despite my effort to support the little guys.

Terrible Loan Assisatance.

The customer service agents just read from a prompter every time you call them. They were quick to give a loan but no help was given after years of payments and wanting to refinance. Speaking with a "manager" didn't help at all either. Managers just act like their hands are tied by "Company Policy".

Take your money to a better Credit Union and avoid the headaches.

Closing Accounts

Today after many years of being a loyal customer; I am closing all of my accounts with Grow Financial. I have a excellent credit score, over 800, no late payments, or other factors that could hurt my credit. However, I am unable to get a loan from this bank. The government has bailed out banks, but the banks are making it very hard for those of us who have made our payments on time and played by the rules.  I am taking my business, loans elsewhere. With a health rating of only 3, Grow Financial will only continue to look after it's bottom line and not it's customes.