Indiana Members Credit Union Reviews

Indiana Members Credit Union

I like my credit union. My deposits are cleared quickly and the customer service is excellent when you go into the bank. They are fast and willing to help every time. The problems I have had are lack of locations and when I need to use my account internationally.
The first time I tried to buy tickets for an overseas trip they cut off my debit card. This could be good or bad, but it was very annoying. Fortunately, I went in to the credit union the next day and they turned it back on and set up a time period that they would open the card to buy my ticket. I was then able to do so without a hitch.
I forgot to tell them I was going to India (Not the first time I had been there) on another occasion, and they cut off my debit card when I tried to purchase a soda in Dubai. Since I could not call, I was able to get my debit card restored through an email. Again, fast and good service, but inconvenient.

While in the states I have also tried purchasing things from overseas and have had problems.

Other than this I have had good experiences with the credit union. The fees are reasonable and most things can be taken care of with a call or email, since there are not many locations I can go to in person.

Terrible Service

To be quite clear as to my rating of a 1 out of 5 I am giving IMCU, please know all tellers have always been very kind and professional just please know for me anyway, should you ever need to go back to a desk to speak to a "higher up" banker for anything and it does not help their business in any way such as a big deposit, a loan or any way of them making money off of the interaction or time they have to spend with you, you could be treated very disrespectfully to the point of them being condescending towards you. Also please don't expect any help if you make a complaint as the Eastside IMCU, per management, never gets any complaints and you could be made to feel you are the problem. Shame on them for their horrible customer care service. I guess I am the only one, but nevertheless, it did happen to me.

Terrible Bank

Hidden Fees (even for online deposits!)
High Fees
Inflexible staff
Short Opening Hours
Push customers to sell their products

I am planning to close my account ASAP so they cannot take more hidden fees from my account.

Worst Credit Union to deal with

Indiana Members Credit Union is the worst Credit Union we have ever used. They froze our debit cards when we were a week late on our vehicle payment even after arrangements were made to pay it by a certain date. This caused all kinds of problems as my husband had to travel out of town for work, with no access to his money. We were made to wait until payment was made to lift the restriction on our account. This credit union uses illegal force and controls the way you use your money.

Hidden Fees!

I got this account right after I got married. I had a new job in a new location and needed a bank for direct deposit. This bank was close to my house so I went to do it. All was good and dandy. I used the online service and the ATM /debit card. My good experience with the bank went down hill when they started charging $2 for a printed statement to be sent to your home. I thought that wasn't so bad, I could live with it until I had our first child. I quit my job and began stay home. I was told that if I signed up for the estatment that I wouldn't get charged that fee for the printed statement, wrong! It still came, i was still charged and there was no way to stop it. While I was caring for my child, they charged me a fee because I no longer had direct deposit then another fee because the account was inactive! Plus that little $2 fee for the statement every month. Before I knew it the account was depleted and I was in debt to them $2 for a statement that was just a piece of paper telling me I had no money in the account! If I knew they would do this to me I will lent have opened the account!

WORST BANK!!!!!

Not only did I call this bank and left a message on their answering machine to call me back, it has been three days and they still haven't called. In order to get my "good" interest rate of 1.5% on my car loan, I had to get "their" special savings account so that I can start this process....
Step 1: Transfer money from my savings account to their special savings account
Step 2: Wait three days for that money to hit their account
Step 3: Transfer the money from the special savings account to my actual loan
This is a 3 DAY PROCESS every month. Not only that, but I called last month to change the date of when my bill would be due and they DID NOT DO IT and then proceeded to charge me $164.48 in late fees. If they do not call me back TOMORROW, I am transferring my loan and I do not care what interest rate I have to deal with so I do not have to deal with their nonsense anymore.
Did I mention that starting July 1st, 2014 if they have to send paper in the mail they charge you $2? Oh but wait they mention you can change this setting in NetTeller. EXCEPT YOU CAN'T. I have spent 2 hours looking for this magical button I need to press so that I stop receiving paper statements BUT IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Worst Place Ever!

I went to IMCC to start an account and get some papers notarized. She wouldn't notarize it she said because she said I didn't have an account with them. Keep in mind I had a large check and was going to start an account with them. She declined to notarize it again. I left and went to their competitor. They were very happy to have me for their customer.