InTouch Credit Union Reviews

If I Could Give A ZERO Rating I Would

Posted by: ChadR | Feb 12, 2016

I've had nothing but terrible experiences with this credit union. On multiple occasions they're late opening the drive-thru windows. They also have really poor customer service. The people are nice, but the process is cumbersome and the hold times are way too long. They work hard to sell you on something, but that's when the great service stops. Once you're locked into a loan, they could care less.
I finally traded in the car that I had financed through them and I'm so excited to be done.
There are more options out there if you like credit unions that have much stronger customer service for their members.

Used To Be Great -- Now Really Bad

I was a member here for about 30 years. It used to be a very good place, but over the last 10 years or so, it has gone downhill steadily.

Recently, due to a terrible ITCU policy change, I decided to close my accounts. I wrote a letter, giving the 3 accounts to close, how much was in each, etc, saying I wanted all 3 closed and a check sent. They closed 2 of the accounts and ignored the 3rd one. I had to call, they emailed me a form, and I had to send it in. They couldn't research my original letter because "the back office shreds everything". They won't stay in business like this!

Bad, bad place. Go elsewhere.

Intouch Is WAY Out Of Touch!

I am a 15 year customer of InTouch Credit Union, and I'm officially done with them.  Their service has steadily decreased over the years and is now impersonal and often rude!  They close branches left and right last year, including the only California branch (my branch) and several others in order to "cut expenses", and start charging fees for everything that doesn't already have one!  And now as if everyone has forgotten their "need" to cut expenses, they're opening new branches like nothing ever happened!!I wonder how other customers of the California branch feel about that?!  Or the (still unemployed) employees?!

The last straw happened the other day when I deposited a large check into my account.  I've never written a bad check, and never had a hold on my account...until now.  I was assured that there would be no hold "because of my account standing", so I paid several bills against those funds and thought nothing of it...until I discovered that there WAS a hold on the deposit and now I would also be forced to pay their new and improved (i.e., increased) fees when they were the ones who told me there was no hold!!!

Hmmm...lemme see.  Used to be friendly and helpful...which has been replaced by indifference and rudeness.  They used to have competitive prices and very few fees...like a credit union should...now they charge for everything.  "Cutting expenses" but opening branches, and customer service that is uninformed and comparable to one of the big banks.  Maybe they should change the name from Intouch Credit Union to B of A?!  I'm outta there!!!

WHAT A SCAM...WORST CREDIT UNION EVER

Posted by: gwt | Aug 12, 2012

I opened an account here in California and they closed the only bank here last year with very little notice. I am now charged for getting my bank statements...Really??? I do keep the min. required balance, but they charged me close to $2.00 for a statement...I called and they told me to sign up for e-statements, the only problem with this is my $2.00 bank statement does NOT have my account # on it, so it makes it impossible to sign up for e-statements. I had to call back and they told me to fax long distance and ask them for it and they would sent it to me in an e-mail...Just give me my account # or at least if you are going to charge me for the statement, put the account # on it. I too work for a bank for over 27 years, never have I seen a bank statement without an account #... How stupid is that. They did tell me I could go into a branch, well HELLO, you closed my branch and I live in California, kinda hard to do that when the closes bank in in Texas. I wish I could close this stupid acct, but I have a loan against my own money. Once I pay it off, I will never do business with this credit union again!!

Shop Elsewhere!!!

Fees are out of control.  When you agree to merge or buyout another company, you should give your customers the courtesy of grandfathering in any perks or lower fees and not just jack up all the fees and rates.  Shame on you!!!

Dropping This Bank ASAP

InTouch Credit Union (formally EDS Credit Union) *was* in the past an excellent bank to deal with. They are no longer.

I'm an online customer, I started off as a mail customer. EDS was my company at the time and InTouch (EDSCU) was my company's CU and offered good rates to employees.  It seemed natural to go with them.  Since they broke off into INTouch CU their fees have flown out of control and the people who work there have forgotten that the word 'customer' is part of "customer service".  Apparently they can do just fine without us...

Back in Oct 2011 ITCU sent home a mailing detailing new fees - lots of them that were being added come spring 2012. I don't need reading glasses, but the print was tiny and I admit I had trouble reading it. I remember scanning the info, but missed the one line stating a change to my $50 minimum daily balance savings account would change to a daily average balance of $250, otherwise encur a fee. That's a 500% increase on an account who's only purpose when it was opened was to feed my loan automatically for a quarter of a percent reduction on my loan rate (as suggested by the rep who opened it for me back in 2008.) No other information regarding this change was sent to me online or via mail.

I've been trained as a customer service rep and know what one should and should not say in any conversation either to the cllient or back to the service agent. The rep I spoke to today was rude beyond belief placing blame on me for the fees and not offering anything positive to help retain me as a customer. I was not asking for refunds on the fees, just a polite conversation explaining the fees and ways to avoid them in the future and hopeful outlook so we might continue to to business with loans. His attitude reflects on ITCU and their attitude toward the customers. I think it's worth repeating here - I was not looking to have the fees refunded... I knew I messed up, simply and calmly asked for some explainations regarding my accounts and how to keep the fees from accruing in the future. What I got back instead was an earful of anger. I dont need or want that in my bank.

Although I still have just over a year to go on my loan, I'll be paying this loan off this month and closing both accounts down. Good bye Intouch CU.

Screwed After 25+ Years

Posted by: Ric Hall | Dec 22, 2014

Refused to deposit a single signature rent check on a joint account from my childred after accepting it for 2+ years with no problems. Upon closing my account they reversed a mortgage payment and closed a Roth IRA for a 6 year loss. Idiots didn't bother to work with me. Worst experience of my life. Steady decrease in competitiveness and services. Hope HP tosses this credit union out of our building. Don't trust these people, they will screw you in a heartbeat. I had to scrabble to keep my 800+ credit score intact.

Very Disappointed In Intouch!

Had been a very happy customer until the recent account changes.

I can understand the need to charge more fees if needed, but InTouch is making its customers change their account numbers!  This means the customer has to order new checks, change payment credit cards accounts, electronic deposts, and numerous other electronic accounts.  It's just like changing banks, which is a HUGE hassel!

Am extremely disappointed in InTouch and do NOT recommend them as a place to do business with.

I am pLanning on changing banks sometime this year, as they have lost my trust.

Pretty Bad Experience Of Late

Posted by: dps03 | Aug 28, 2015

Hard to tell where to start. First it was a wire transfer that couldn't be found until I gave them proof then they tried to violate Regulation CC and hold all but $200 on a certified check for 7 days. Then when I needed to get a debit card reprinted I had to go to THREE locations before I found one that worked. Today again I had another wire transfer issue where they just couldn't find it until I once again proved it was sent.

I've been with them for 25 years now. It won't be 26.

ONE ATM. ONE! And It's Always Broken!!

I am forced to use this credit union as part of a co-op service with an out-of-state credit union. I have been so upset for driving out of my way so many times when their ATM is out of service and it takes days on end to get it fixed. As of today February 20, 2013 their ATM has been out of service for at least five days. I spent 26 minutes on hold waiting to speak to a service agent to see if the ATM was fixed before driving out of my way to go there. The entire building is also surrounded by double speed bumps so if your car doesn't have at least an 8 inch clearance you can't even go into the parking lot. Be ready for whiplash! I also received a quote for a car loan that was twice the APR of our other credit union. The loan rep complained the entire time that she was supposed to be off work (it was 3pm), and that we were lucky she stayed for us while her boss was late getting back from lunch. This entire place is ridiculous!!! RUN. FAR. AWAY!!!!!

Do Not Ever Work For This Company

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 14, 2012

In the very short time I worked for this company, it was by far the worst experience I ever had. How this company can even be a credit union is beyond me with the level of how horrible this company treats their people. If you're in the know with the "elite" of this company, you'll be fine, but if you were hired off the street, they will run you into the ground. It is no wonder why they are always hiring for "personal financial associates". The only positive I can say is that they are competitive pay-wise, but for what you expected to do with the very high stress of sales, loans, dealing with the angry service calls, maintaining a teller drawer, and putting up with the management's never-ending garbage, the extra dollar per hour isn't worth it.

Since The Merge..

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 4, 2012

Since the merge of Ensign to InTouch, this place has become terrible....laying off people and bringing in new people from Texas to Las Vegas. No more friendly faces, never had a problem getting approved for anything through ensign but InTouch, NOPE they don't approve ANYTHING, and have these ridiculous fees on everything. This so called credit union is becoming a big name branch in terms of lending and policies...will be leaving them soon.

Bad Credit Union

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 19, 2010

Stay away from these people, they are terrible! Rude employees and bad cutomer service. Bad practice!