KEMBA Financial Credit Union Reviews

Horrible Credit Union

I been with kemba for 9 yrs i went there to cash my pay check and make a payment on my visa card. The teller deposited my check twice and doubled payment on my visa. 30 days later they took their money back over drawen my accoumt $468 dollars and visa card $237 this has happened twice in 5 months no one called or email me to tell me about this. I called them cant get anyone to call me back. So to make a long story short iam broke because of kemba. This is not the way a bussiness should be ran. I dont recommend kemba in amelia ohio this could happen to u..just lettimg everyone know.i have filed a claim with the bbb

Didn't Have My Back

Was involved in a check scam which was totally my fault but as soon as I found out the cashier check might be fraudulent I called the bank immediately to see what needed to be done and what I should do they didn't really have any answers for me then the next day froze my account never call to inform me so when I called to asked what was going on and explained that I had called the bank the night before they basically said I was lying there was no record of me calling and then when they said they would work with me to pay off the check fraud they lied about it took all the money out of my accounts which left me with 000 money nice bank after I had banked with them for 6 years this is how I was treated so I will be closing my accounts with Kemba Credit Union and I am a hairstylist so I can tell a lot of people about my experience with this situation and how poorly it was handled

Kemba Is Horrible

Potential Credit Union customer Beware, this company has horrible customer service, they will NOT help you unless you go irrate in the bank. I have direct deposit and they HOLD your money for couple of days to get interest. The account will have a pending deposit, but oh no thye hold on to it. Also if you need a LIVE person to talk to after 5:00pm or 6:00pm GOOD LUCK... Basicly do all your shopping at Huntington, Chase, or Telhio.. Once they stop holding my money hostage closing the account.

Customer Service Dropping Quickly

I have been with Kemba for 5 years.  In the beginning they were very customer focused and helpful,  listened to particular situations.  But in the past 7 months, their customer service has fallen into the basement. Beware of rules that are in the banks favor and against you.   It appears that they are interested in fees fees fees.  In June I made three payments totaling more then $3,500 on my visa account.  My account closes on the 26th of the month (something I have always tried to change unsuccessfully.) One was made June 6, the next june 20.  The third was made June 28th.  After my deadline date.  The third payment was for July.  As it turns out, I was charged a fee because the payment was not made in July.  I said would I be charged if I made my payment June 30th?  She said yes or course because it was past my due date.  BUT  making a payment past my due date does not count in the following month.  What a SCAM.  Anything for a fee.

I tried to talk to customer service without much satisfaction, tried for the supervisor of course no call back.  Not allow to have the President's email.  Keeping his head in the sand.  not allow to talk with customers?

An Honest Review Of Kemba

I have been with Kemba Financial Credit Union since last summer and personally I would have to say that I've had a decent experience with them. The customer service is very kind and helpful. I did have a problem when I first signed up because Kemba had the wrong social security number in their records. I tried to call and fix it but they asked for me to come in so they could make sure it was actually me and that made me like the credit union even more! Also you can use their debit cards pretty much anywhere, the downside is if it isn't an actual Kemba ATM then Kemba charges you and so does the ATM. Another downside is that they have many building and so whenever I need to go to the credit union I have to go a little out of my way to get there. But overall it's worth it because it's an excellent credit union!