Legacy Community Federal Credit Union Reviews

Like Every Other Financial Institution In The World, Legacy Does Not Care About Its Customers.

Posted by: Katrina | Sep 20, 2012

Legacy is out to "grab all the gusto" just as every other financial institute in this greedy country. Their care for customers is a front.

Over Draft Fees

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 25, 2012

Legacy held a out of state insurance company (large, well known company) check for 5 days. One day before funds from check were to be available, had over draft fees of $64.00 charged. Long term customer with never a over draft. Would not have had one here if not for their hold policy. Legacy would not waive the fees. The entire time I am on hold on the telephone, I am hearing how Legacy does not charge frivolous fees.

Awesome Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 9, 2012

Legacy is just awesome. Never had a problem.

Attorney's Fees

Posted by: Andrew_R | Dec 28, 2011

We had an account for 26 years. Temporary financial hardship delayed our ability to pay the Mastercard on time for 2 months. Legacy handed our account over to attorneys. The statement that was $2,914.32, now is $3,892.96, with Attorney's Fees of $971.43. That's like a 33.5% interest, but it's not the "members" who are getting it. It's attorneys. Nice customer service! And to think we were about to move all our financial accounts over the Legacy... whew!

I Agree With The Poster Above

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 7, 2011

Concerning the credit check. I have heard of them running a telecheck check among other banks, but this was ridiculous. Also I had an issue with them concerning a stop payment. I cancelled a service and applied a stop payment for future withdrawals as this company is known to go back and try to extort money. Legacy refused to honor the stop payment because according to them I did not give them written authorization (as if the stop payment form and paying the fee weren't enough), and then told me that I had to pay another fee in order to have the stop payment reinstated. When I went to the bank, they told me that I couldn't request a stop payment with this company because they have an "iron clad" contract with all their customers. So basically, a customer can't get out of the contract or terminate service. This is not a credit union. They operate similar to a bank. Consider elsewhere.

Very Good And Safe Financial Institution

I have done business with Legacy for 10 years and find their products very useful and financially beneficial for me.  I have never had any problems with sensitive information and their staff is very friendly.

Beware That This "Credit Union" Requires A 650 Credit Score Or Higher In Order To Open The 4%

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 21, 2010

Beware that this "credit union" requires a 650 credit score or higher in order to open the 4% Premier checking account.  I asked why and couldn't get a straight answer, so I decided to go elsewhere.  Why should I have to get a credit check just to give THEM the my money?

Also, they carelessly pass around paperwork with sensitive information on it (DOB, SSN, etc.).

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact feedback@depositaccounts.com to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.