nbkc bank Reviews

This Bank Has Caused Me To Not Want To Put Money In A Bank Ever.

This bank hides behind other names of online banks so they don't end up having a bad name. Empower a company within their company is an online bank that I opened up and started having my check deposited. A check was sent from the department of unemployment to my account but in my roommates name. They froze my account. This was done in 2020 and they still have my funds held. They claimed I was fraudulent and started treating me like I was a criminal. The mistake came from within the app the department of labor used. When I took the easy way out of changing my address( because it popped up on the screen when I hit the address bar). I saw the address come up on the screen so I hit the button and it filled in the blank address lines. Unbeknownst to me the address was associated with my roommate. It saved the address and her name when I was ordering something online for her. What I didn't see because the name line was not in the same brow l view of the address location was it changed my name to hers when I hit the address bar. It was the same day I figured it out and called unemployment and showed them how it happened. They apologized and I was issued another check the following week.
I have explained this story to NBKC bank since it happened
They said there would be an investigation but they have not as of yet to contact the labor dept. They still have my money and the think that is ok too hold my money without figure figuring out. I want my money with interest. I want compensation for emotional distress. PLus whatever else my look
Lawyer says I

NBKC Is A Terrible Bank. Long Hold On Checks 1-2 Weeks

Long hold on checks. Absolutely unacceptable. I have submitted certified funds checks these take 1-2 weeks to clear. I have deposited standard business checks they take 1-2 weeks to clear. This bank is an absolute joke. If you are a business owner I would not recommend this bank. My other banks clear funds immediately. This bank has old outdated holds on checks. I currently have 2 small checks I deposited a couple weeks ago still not cleared. I called the issuer and was told this nbkc took the money over a week ago. So they receive the funds but make me wait 2 weeks to use them. This bank is absolutely ridiculous. I am closing my business account at nbkc. This bank makes it hard to conduct business. Definitely not a banking business partner.

Worst Bank Ever!!

Except for free ATM withdrawals this bank is a joke!! I opened an account as the reviews stated they were great when traveling. NOT!! Even though I filed my travel plans repeatedly my card was declined almost 90% of the time. The fraud department was clueless, after hour customer service is non existent and when you have log in problems you have to call them and be placed on hold forever to reset your log in details. I could site many more deficiencies....suffice it to say stay away from this bank. They are functioning in the dark ages.

Unbelievably Terrible

What a strange terrible bank! Their website mimicks the language of the highly efficient and we'll run Fintech banks, with the cute language. If banks don't perform, I don't stick around. You will love this bank if you like long check holds, debit card purchase limits and slow money transfers. Customer service is hilarious, "please hold while I run down the hall and discuss this with the assistant to the assistant manager."

IF I COULD WILL GIVE THEM - 10

This bank is managed by bunch of idiots who are in the 18th century era. After giving me run around for my applications and requirements they approved so we started setting up CC payments etc then after we deposited money from our customers they closed our accounts, based on their internal compliance BS. Asked them why did u approve us and cost us all these expenses? No response

WILLL TAKE THEM TO COURT
STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK

Banking At A Snail's Pace Or Slower!!!

I submitted an application the evenig of May 22, received a request for my article of organization and my SS-4 on Wednesday, May 27, which I responded with that day. I questioned the timeline the next day on when this account may possibly open and got the response it would take 3 business days. When I asked from what date, the point which i started the application, or the date they requested my additional information, and after hearing "Three business days" 4 more times she finally responded, "from today"!
Well three business days later and still no account! I then requested they delete all my paperwork, there's no way I'd do business with a company so tardy in doing their job!
i feel sorry for anyone needing a bank that chooses this company!

Great Bank

I was looking to move my checking and savings to a bank that had no fees and found NBKC. I have had my accounts with them for a year now and have been very happy so far. Customer Service is great and helpful and my accounts have good interest rates on them. Best of all I have never been charged a fee for anything and I love being able to deposit cash in the ATM when i need to (I use a credit union close by that accepts deposits for NBKC cards) so overall I have been very happy and would advise anyone looking for a fee free account and a great bank to choose NBKC. I have already had family members move to them as well and they are very happy so far.

Worst Bank Ive Ever Used

I had a business account setup through this Bank, and they were needing some paperwork a few months into having this account from me. They attempted to email me one time to get this information. When I went to open up the email it just closed out and would not let me read anything. I did not think it was that important because nobody had reached out to me by any other means.

Couple weeks later I went to use my account and it was closed down. I called to see what was going on and they explained that they had needed that paperwork from me but because I never responded to the one email they shut my account down. They never once attempted to call me or to mail me anything, only the one email that wasn't even readable. So now all of our business accounts are jacked up, we needed to pay our venders today and instead will have to wait several days until we get the cashier's check in the mail. I was never even notified that they were planning to close the account. Completely unprofessional way to do business. I was never even notified that they did close the account. I only found out when I tried to access my money and it said I had no account anymore. When I called to complain the lady apologized and said that they should have at least called me. A little too late now.