North American Savings Bank Reviews

Easy To Open Account

Fairly fast and easy online application compared to most. The only glitch I ran into was when opening an account and purchasing my first CD with them. After you go through the whole application there is a page where you're supposed to enter the amount of the CD you want, the default is $1,000. For some reason I missed that, so when I got to the end I couldn't change the $1,000 to what I wanted. There is no way to edit it and when I called them they can't do it either so I had to completely start over. This meant calling them and having them wipe my slate clean, clear my cache on computer and create new password and user name. But I'm still giving them a five because even though the place to enter the number didn't stand out to me that could have been just me.

Terrible Customer Service And Website

Opened a CD account with this bank. After account was opened I wanted to purchase another CD and was told that I could not add a CD to my account, that I would have to fill out a totally new application for a separate account to purchase another CD. Are you kidding?? NEVER in all my years of banking have I heard this nonsense. Website access to my account has been awful, cannot access any info from their site and when I try to download my statements all I get is a blank page. Contacted them via email and get no response! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK! THERE ARE LOTS OF BETTER CHOICES

9/2019- FOLLOW UP. So my CD matured and I chose to move my funds to another bank, no way I was going to continue with this joke of a bank. Took them 5 days to transfer my funds (funny, it only took 1 day for my funds to be sent to them). After my funds were transferred they completely removed my account info from their website, like there was never any account there. Every other financial institution I have ever dealt with would show "account closed" but the details would remain online for a reasonable time, so you could review transactions. NOT HERE.

Great online bank

I was hesitant about opening an online back since being able to see someone in person is so much more personable, however, my experience with NASB has been great. Their rates are competitive and their messaging center is superb. Every time I have emailed with a question, I would receive a response within a few hours. My only issue is that transferring money between accounts does take longer than expected. With my wells fargo account, a money transfer would be seen within a day or two. But with NASB, a money transfer between account took 5 days.

Wonderful Banking Institution

I have had my bank account with NASB for 34 years and my parents has their account with them since 1959. I have never had any problems and they have always been friendly and helpful. I never had any reason to ever change banks which makes it easy to remain loyal to this banking institution.

Do Not Use NASB For Your Mortgage!!!

From the beginning it appeared that going with NASB for my mortgage would be a smooth process.  This was far from the truth when it got down to crunch time. I DO NOT recommending contacting NASB for anything at all regarding a mortgage.

NASB had 30 days to secure a loan and 38 days to close on my condo.  The day before I was suppose to have a loan commitment I received an email from my loan officer at 3:42PM stating they would be late.  They had to do an extra “field review”.  Mind you my agent said they had never had this problem with the previous 28 units sold in the condo development.  Wells Fargo, NASB’s underwriter, demanded this field review to sign off on the loan.  The review itself was a bit ridiculous itself considering the developments past, but to realize the review needed to happen less than 24 hours before a loan commitment was due?  That’s inexcusable.  NASB was 10 days late securing a loan commitment while up until 2 days before it was due all I heard was “Don’t worry we will get it done on time”.  This caused me to close 8 business days later than I was expecting to.   Also they charged me an extra $325 for an extra appraisal (which was basically just a second appraiser double checking what the first one did) and would not waive that fee even thought NASB was late every single step of the way.

In summary, in a time critical process NASB and their underwriter’s weren’t able to meet any sort of a deadline at all.  What good is a decent rating on the BBB website if you can’t meet any deadlines as a mortgage provider??  That’s like being an eight foot ball basketball player and not being able to catch, dribble, or shoot the basketball.  PLEASE use somebody else to secure a loan for your new house or condo to avoid what I had to go through.  NASB failed to meet any expectations I had for them.  I know every company has little slip ups.  This was a major one.  Stay away from NASB for your mortgage if you want to close on your home on time.  Everything NASB was extremely last minute.  Reply to this review and I can email you actual emails from NASB with dates and time stamps on them.