Old National Bank Reviews

Horrible Service

Had a terrible experience at the Old National Bank Carmel Branch. Wanted to open a savings account and had questions. The tellers (who were nice enough) said I had to speak with the Branch Manager. Manager was not in or too busy to talk with me personally. Tellers called her with my question and she said no over the phone. Awful service. I went down the street to another bank and they accepted my deposit and I opened an account there with no problems.

They Are TERRIBLE If You Have Fraud!!!

We went out of the country on vacation and someone stole our credit cards via RFID technology. $200 was stolen. Old National customer service was snotty on the phone telling me that it will take up to 15 business days and it was only provisional. I was never informed that I needed to fill out a form at the bank known as an affadavit. Like the review above everything she said was true. We are switching banks soon.

I Hope You Never Have To Deal With Fraud With This Bank

They will rip you off. I had 1500 dollars taken from my account some of it while I was filing a dispute with my local branch, yet because someone used it in the town I lived in I was responsible for all of it. They violate the Regulation E guidelines which clearly state I am responsible for no more than 50$ of the fraud if reported within 48 hrs. I noticed it after someone used my husbands card as well. (Probably a skimmer in the area) his bank credited his acct within two days. I was left with a 1500 dollar hole in my pocket. What made it worse is it was part of my mom's inheritance. I had been a customer of anchor bank for ten years they never would have done this. I am at a loss for how I feel. they made me feel like a criminal scammer. Never answered my emails at corporate, at least my personal banker Alex tried. She gets five stars the company gets negative 3.

Absolutely Ridiculous

We have Banked with Old National for more years then I can count. I have had problems with them charging fees fees and more FEES. I've caught them charging my account by accident then arguing about refunding the money. They have done away with the type of account we had and didn't have the curtsy to inform us. I will be closing our accounts and changing to a credit union the pays 3 times more APR. Old National is lacking in every way.

This Bank Is A Scam.

I was supposed to get alerts when my account went low, and not have anything come out of it. Instead of getting this, the bank charges me $40 every time there's an issue, in spite of them being repeatedly asked to put stops on it.

I'm tired of paying them to steal my money.

I Love My Bank

I love Old National Bank. It has a very homey feel. When you arrive there are chairs to sit in while you do your banking business with your teller. No standing at a window. They have coffee and doughnuts to welcome you. You are treated as a person and not a number. I use the online banking several times a week. As well as the bill pay option. I find it very easy to use and have never had any problems whatsoever.

Just Another Massive, Greedy Financial Institution

I opened my first account with ONB 10 years ago when I was in college. I had no issues with them for several years. Over the years I even had two auto loans and a student loan with them with no issues. Over the past two years the customer service just gets worse and worse. I totally understand why so many of my favorite employees there have moved on. The current employees are rude and get agitated anytime you ask a basic question. I should NOT have to wait for tellers to put down their cell phone before helping me. Even the corporate call center acts like it's some sort of act of God to answer a simple question. This bank has grown very quickly, and they are so focused on acquiring smaller banking chains that they have completely forgotten who built them. They have gone the way of other massive financial institutions in this country- they don't care about customers, they care about becoming larger than life and making more cash.

Fees, Fees, Fees And Poor Service

They took over our local bank and put a fee on everything. Checking, ATMs, even our savings account. The online banking and check clearance are set up to catch you in a low balance - they charge all checks and do not credit deposits as quickly. They also messed up our checks and debit PIN. Just terrible service! There are MUCH better banks out there - don't give your money to ONB!

Just Terrible

They took over our local bank and completely messed up our finances. They didn't send our checks, did not transfer our online payees (as had been promised), starting charging my son fees to have his student savings account, messed up the PIN on our ATM card, and repeatedly gave us false information through customer service. We are switching to a different local bank now, but they have already caused us to be late on necessary debt payments. WORST BANK EVER!!!

Negative Experience With Old National

We had been with a local bank for years, which was bought up by Old National this year. While the switch was well explained and very smooth, our experience with the transaction policies and online banking were very negative. From the first week, we were hit with fees (higher than our old bank) when our balance dipped and funds transferred from savings. This happened several times (previously, we had this happen only occasionally.) I discovered that credit transactions weren't showing up on our online banking for days, and that all transactions were posted at the END of the day. Also debits seemed to be taken out before deposits were entered. I tried to get help through customer service, but they were unhelpful and uncaring; giving no advice except to watch my balance (which was not accurate, especially on weekends.) After a few weeks of repeated problems, we switched to a more local bank. I am so happy now, and haven't had to transfer any funds at all. We have nicknamed Old National Bank as "Old Nasty" when we pass our old branch. Seems petty, but that was the impression they left with us.

Overdraft Not In Line With Other Banks, Closing Branches

We had a business account that was used to pay for a truck lease. For the first couple months we deposited our funds one day before the debit was scheduled and for some reason they held our deposit, because it was a check, and we were hit with a $35 overdraft fee and a $8 a day late fee, and they never bothered to give us a courtesy call. They knew that check was good as soon as they ran it through ACH. We didn't find out until the next month. $35 + $8 a day after the third day, no other bank I know of charges that fee.

We started depositing cash, two days in advance to insure that our cash cleared in time. No wonder they are now closing branches across Indiana. After a year we paid the lease off and closed the account just to get away from them.

Not Customer Oriented

This bank has a lot of rules.  A lot of fees.  And not a lot of customer service.  Thier online customer service is particularly not particularly helpful.   Another bank who has a back office corporate attitude with powerless pretty faces in their branches.

Extremely Rude Customer Service.

This bank may have the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life. I have seriously experienced friendlier and more helpful customer service representatives when calling the IRS! Apparently they must have a lot of legacy money in order to be so rude and still remain in business. However treating new customers they way are now will most certainly come back to haunt them in the future. I transferred over to 5/3 and have been quite satisfied with them overall.

Charge Frequent Unnecessary Overdraft Fees

Out of 4 different accounts I have, ONB is the only bank I have had issue after issue with charging numerous overdraft fees. They fail to inform their customers of certain policies, then they charge huge fees and the customer service at certain locations is terrible. They are also the only institution I have dealt with that holds your check for 48 hrs before the funds are available to you. This is the 3rd time I have had to fight to get over $500 in fees refunded, It will deffinately be the last!! The computer is set up to place transactions in a certain order, so that the maximum amount of fees can be charged. I have numerous friends and aquaintances that have experienced overdraft fees when they have not ever shown a negative balance on their statement, most have received the same reply as myself, "it's just how the computer posts the transactions." Most have changed banks. I would deffinately NOT recommend using ONB.

Bad Experience

I'm ready to close my account, before Charter One was a really a good bank, just now this bank will never treat you like a real costumer. They never care about you.