OneAZ Credit Union Reviews

Money First, Customers Second

I have been been with OneAZ for a few years now. We even took out a home equity loan. When payoff came about as we are refinancing our home, there was a late fee. This happened when I opened the loan about 4 years ago. I never received a notice or phone call that the first payment was due. Finally I received something about a late fee. I called and their representative inferred it was for 1 or 2 months. We talked and I was told it would be taken care of. Now I find out it was for 5 months! During the 5 months I did not receive a single phone call or letter about it, not 1! And I was told this was taken care of. Since that time not a single late payment, ever! The fee is $41.00, but it is not the money, it is the principal. They were charging a late fee every month and not even a curtesy call, nothing. They wanted to keep charging late fees so they could get more money. Forget the customer, bring us the money! I will be pulling all my money from there.

They Will Steal Your Money

This institution will steal your money by hitting you with overdraft fees and charges. At 11:58pm I checked the mobile app. It said I have money available, so I bought some food. The next day they had backdated a charge, so I didn't have any money, and a charge of $8 was hit with a $35 fee. Because of this fee, when I made a deposit and other charges, my calculations were way off and I was hit with several fees. My account was negative $144 by the end.
And all this is with overdraft protection. My account shouldn't go overdrawn, but because of back dating charges I was hit with many.
This credit union is not for normal people who live paycheck to paycheck. This credit union is for people who can have an extra $1500 in each account. Well I don't and I will not pay to run this establishment. I can't afford it!

One Az Credit Union Disappointed

I have been banking with one Az for over 16 years and they were great. But within the last 2 years I noticed the new bank personel do not know how to do their job correctly. And ceo's in Phoenix corporate are not knowelageable or effeciant anymore what would once take less then a week now takes about 3 months they keep losing paperwork or apologize for forgetting about it or going or going on a 3 week vacation without getting things done before they . So disappointed they used to be totally awesome ,not any more. I am changing banks

Description of experience with One AZ Credit Union

I have been banking with One AZ Credit Union (formerly Arizona State Credit Union) for about 10 years. My husband and I chose to start a joint bank account with One AZ because they have a small branch located on Arizona State University campus and we were both employed there at the time. We wanted to join a bank (or credit union) that was not one of the big banks because we had both had very bad experiences with them (Chase, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America). At this point, we have a checking account, two savings accounts, a home equity line of credit, and an auto loan with the credit union.
As far as customer service goes, I have always had a great experience with the individuals that I have interacted with both at the branch locations and over the phone, but I did not give customer service an above average rating due to accessibility. There are only two branch locations in my area, one of which is on the university campus and has limited services. The full service branch does not have extended hours at all, so if I need to stop by the full service branch, I have to leave work early to do so. Also, the one ATM that is outside the full service branch is often out of order, so there have been times on the weekend that I had to get cash back at a store rather than get it from the ATM and once I tried to deposit a check at the ATM and it took my check without completing the deposit, so I ended up having to go into the branch anyway. Thankfully, this happened during business hours, but now I won't use the ATM for deposits at all because I don't trust it.
As far as their website usability is concerned, I have no complaints at all. The site is easy to navigate and displays all the information I need. We have direct deposit and making transfers between accounts is easy and quick. We have money automatically rolled from checking to savings each month to help get our savings balance up and we have overdraft protection tied to our savings account so that we do not pay a high fee if the protection is used (I think it is $5 when used). I do wish that the interest we earn on the savings account were higher, but I understand that rates are just generally low right now.
Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience with One AZ Credit Union and have no plans to change to a different institution.

Great service

I have had a checking account, and savings account, with this credit union for more than 20 years. I don't really use online services very often for this bank, I'm kind of old, and I haven't ever really gotten into that. However, I go to the actual bank a great deal. I have always had good service from this credit union. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and competent every time I have interacted with them. I have never had an issue, getting into my account for whatever reasons. There's never been any hidden charges on anything, so I always know exactly what the fees are going to be. It really has been a pleasant experience banking with this great credit union. I have no problem recommending this institution to anyone.