OnPoint Community Credit Union Reviews

Onpoint Community Union Sucks

I got my credit card account closed with no warning, later on, I got a letter with some ridiculous explanation about them reviewing my account and finding a big change in my financial life:)

I made more money last year then any year since I was born!

Made payments on time for over 5 years and got humiliated with their crappy later.

STAY AWAY!

First Experience

ON Point Community Credit Union was my first experience in dealing with a Credit Union instead of a large national banking institution. The first difference I noticed was the customer service, the staff members all seemed to care more about what my goals were, and what my banking needs were instead of the salesman like attitude I have come across in other banks. The next important thing was significantly better rates for interest on loans and savings accounts. Before using On Point I had the idea it would be difficult to find ATMs when out of the area, however Credit Union ATM networks have that all sorted out so I never came across a time when I did not have access to a Fee Free ATM even when I was out of the state. Overall this institution made me feel like I was acutely part of the banking system instead of a warm body to sell things to, and I won't be going back to traditional banking institutions again.

Not Family Friendly

My wife and I joined onPoint, after deciding to step away from BofA. We wanted a family minded company that wanted to help us grow financially, and one day support larger goals. We've had our mis-steps, but on the whole have good credit, good standing accounts, and active use of checking, savings, and investing.

They denied us everytime we asked for anything.

5 years ago -Mortgage planning, we were told our goals werent realistic and it wasn't worth reviewing. This was after setting a pre-discussed meeting and bringing in a binder of financials and prospective properties. We only were looking in the 150k-200k range.

2 years ago-Credit card established for over 3 years wanted an increase from a pathetic $200 card to a $5k line. We were denied. We requested this to help with medical bills for our newborn. He was with us during the meeting even.

2 years ago - needed to purchase a used car, had 2K in the bank, and were denied due to the Target scandal. We brought our credit reports showing the fraudulant charges were disputed and being removed. They dinged our credit and denied us. Again, this was a personal meeting.

Today - We asked to get a $10k personal line of credit. We have substantial incomes at this point in our life, and carry over that balance in savings from time to time. We were again denied.

We chose this bank so they would grow with us, as we built a family. They have NEVER supported us, and it's time to find a company who cares about their members.

Don't Bank At Onpoint!!!

Clackamas/Happy Valley is not professional nor kind.
We are very dissatisfied with the service here. Branch manager insulted my job and discriminated against my Husband's account due to this - even admitted it over the phone. If you are looking for a respectful and professional place to do your business do not bank here!

A+ for all of your needs!

I was first introduced to Onpoint Credit Union through a car loan and was so pleased with the way they handled my auto loan account that I switched all of my accounts from a nationally recognized bank that I had been a member of for 20 years to Onpoint. I currently have a checking and a savings account through Onpoint and I am very happy with the customer service that they provide. The impersonal customer service that I had at my previous bank was not to my liking and Onpoint has proven to be more about the customer than about the money. Whenever I contact them via phone, my questions and/or concerns are taken care of quickly by someone pleasant and knowledgeable and it makes banking with them a breeze. My checking and savings account don't come with monthly fees or additional fees for transfers or going over a certain number of withdrawals in a specific time frame. The best part was when I overdrew my account accidentally. At my previous bank, an overdraft charge of $35 would be applied to my account for an accidental overdraft and, if my account couldn't cover the fee, I would be charged additional $35 fees to cover more overdrafts caused by the first. Onpoint never charged me an overdraft fee for my mistake and I was grateful! Never in my life would I have expected that! I highly recommend Onpoint to my friends and family whether it be for loans, checking or savings accounts, etc. I will never go back to a large, nationally recognized bank ever again!

OnPoint Credit Union - good, consistent, affordable, dependable, efficient and friendly

We moved our joint checking and savings over from major bank to OnPoint Credit Union about two years ago. Did a lot of research at the time, and OnPoint had a great reputation, and they have lived up to their reputation. We do not incur ATM fees because of their agreement with a bank that allows us to use their ATM's without fee. They also have a branch at the supermarket we shop at regularly. I have used the branch services on many occasions for services ranging from notarizing documents, to getting advice on accounts for our son, to getting certified checks to pay for a purchases. Service is always fast, efficient, and their staff is very friendly. I recommend OnPoint to anyone looking for a good, affordable, dependable, efficient and friendly credit union.

On point has been great

On point has been great for us. We have found that the customer service to be great, interest rates are the lowest that we could find, and I've not had any problems with my checking and savings account- they have always been very helpful when it comes to opening up new accounts.

Great service, impressed return customer!

I only get paid once per month and I needed some money for my new Harley Davidson Motorcycle. Onpoint did it again! They set me up with a new one year loan for my motorcycle payments. This is going to be great for me, as I needed a new hobby, and some money down. I was mainly impressed with the representative, Christopher, that helped me out at my local store in McMinnville. He first set up a meeting with me in-person, and I was able to negotiate a fair interest rate. He informed me of all the possible cash penalties, and made sure I understood all the terms of the investment. I left the office feeling relieved, as I finally have the money to do what I want.

New Online Banking Site Stinks

They recently changed their site online. It was usable before, now it is not. They used to send me an e-mail saying a bill had arrived, no more. I used to be able to pay bills online, now that button doesn't work. I tried to complain online, that button no longer works. Since almost all my banking is online, I am shifting funds away from them immediately.

Onpoint/Never Again

I have been with OnPoint for several months.  My experience as a banking client has been plagued with errors, lack of social skills from reps., obvious lack of caring from reps., inflexible and "automatic" responses.  It is clear that OnPoint as a rule has no sense of caring for its customer and at times is brutal, in particular through email correspondence.  The stress has been immeasurable and I am leaving today.  Whew. What a relief. Don't use this credit union unless you have such poor regard for yourself that you feel poor treatment is ok!  I have the sense that if I were a wealthyclient, my treatment might be entirely different from OnPoint......

Horrible Bank!!!

I have had my loan with them for three years and thought I was almost done with my loan.  Well come to find out they have added $500 of late fees for the past two years!!!  The only way i found out about this was by calling to see when my loan was paid in full.  Well the teller gave me the balance and they had added another 5 months to the term for these phantom late charges!!!  I have my payment AUTOMATICALLY and INSTANTANEOUSLY paid every month, but somehow I am late for 15 months. DO NOT BANK WITH THESE THIEVES!!!

So Happy I Switched This Spring (But Seriously Get Some Safety Deposit Boxes People)

easier to open checking accounts, easy to get credit cards, great customer service and rewarding feel

but if they want to compete with other banks they need basic services like safe deposit boxes! Their new downtown Bend branch had them (as a wamu branch) until Onpoint actually moved in- WTF !?!