Advertising Disclosure

Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union Reviews

Change For Worse. Used To Be Great!

Posted by: cim8913 | Nov 21, 2018

A member since 1993. Now leaving Randolph Brooks. Why risk starting over elsewhere? Because at RBFCU you’re guaranteed to be treated like a number. And that won’t change. As a result of my Quarter Century of membership I can attest that stepping on its members is definitely the NEW status quo, not just a bump in the road.

RBFCU Worst Bank I’Ve Ever Banked At

Posted by: Lrchapa23 | Oct 26, 2018

They offer only 1 atm you can deposit at and it’s 2 cities away from where I live. Super slow drive thru service. You can expect to spend at least 15-30 min no matter what type of transaction your making at drive thru. On Sept. 21st 2018 I activated the courtesy pay feature for a prescription for my son, next morning I swipe my card it was declined. However there was a pending transaction causing my account to go over by 27 cents from sept. 20th. Same day my wife swiped her card downtown at a parking kiosk. She hadn’t used this kiosk before so she swiped her card twice $1.50 each time and the courtesy pay kicked in for those as well. So that’s 3 fees to cover a total of $3.27. I asked them why it covered a pending transaction from the 20th, skipped the transaction I needed on the 22nd in the script. Medication for my son but then elected to cover the 2 transactions for the parking $1.50. Next day in the bank they said sorry we are making adjustments to the system. I offered to pay the $3.27 however they couldn’t refund my b/s fees. Not to mention if you are wanting to dispute a transaction you have to do it yourself by calling the vendor then rbfcu afterwards then check again with vendor. Horrible.

WORST BANK, NICKLE AND DIME

I have been a member of this credit union for three years. I have never had an overdraft or any sort of fee until today, when a transfer was initiated a day earlier than I expected and hit with an insufficient funds fee.

I called in with hopes that they could give me a one time courtesy and waive this fee since I have been a loyal customer for over three years. I was met with a simple no, we don't do courtesy fee waivers. I have never been with a bank or credit union that doesn't work with their customers and help out their loyal ones when a mistake is made.

I highly recommend you look elsewhere to another bank or credit union for your banking needs. Its clear this one is looking to just make money off you in unwaivable fees. I will be switching to another bank shortly.

Check Around For Better Savings And IRA Rates.

Posted by: Hamilton | Mar 22, 2018

After 30 years of using them I am very disappointed in there rates they pay you for using your money. Have been transferring many of my IRA accounts for that reason to Ally. I do like there auto loan rates and have used them a lot in the past. Every time I see the mansion they are building to glorify them selves off 1604 and I -35 I can see why they can not pay any more to there customer's on there savings and IRA accounts. Will continue to use them for simple check deposits and good rates on there MasterCard. Hope this helps others.

DO NOTE BANK WITH RBFCU

We had been members at RBFCU for more than 6 years but will not be much longer. This credit union tries to claim they are small business friendly but they are NOT. They intentionally post debits before posting any credits. For a small business this can be critical. Not only do they post debits first, they post the largest debits ahead of smaller debits because if they can cause the account to drop below 0 for even ONE SECOND, they assess a $24 courtesy pay fee PER TRANSACTION. Meanwhile, they have electronic credits waiting to be posted that more than cover the debits. This is absolutely unethical and underhanded. Are they willing to work with the customer? No. Our business checking account dipped MOMENTARILY to a -$2.85 for ONE second and they charged us $24 courtesy pay fee. Then they posted the electronic credits!

Do NOT do business with RBFCU. Lots of customers are complaining. Don't wait until you are a victim. Don't do business with them!

DO NOT BANK WITH RBFCU

Posted by: admbaum | Aug 26, 2017

Do not bank with this institution. Their customer support is non-existent and when you do get to speak with someone, they are incompetent, condescending, and utterly useless. Their mobile apps are useless. You cannot trust your available balance and they will charge you "Convenience fees" any time they want, regardless of how much you have in your account. They are total crooks and I will be closing my accounts, posting, and telling everyone I know in my community and social media of my experiences and hope that no one has to experience what I had.

Their "network" was down and you couldn't use your debit/credit cards and they never notified ANY of their customers, leaving everyone that tried to make purchases the night before a hurricane with no funds to prepare for it. This is the WORST bank in Texas and I can't wait to close my accounts.

DO NOT BANK WITH RBFCU! #HurricaneHarvey

Utterly Incompetent Member Services

I moved out of state and kept this bank because the online banking was fairly easy, but calling member services is a joke! They are incompetent, put you on endless holds and transfer you multiple times and they cannot track any historical records regarding things you discuss and agreements you make over the phone. DO NOT use this bank if there is somewhere else you can go. Frequently a 20-30 minute call will result in them wanting you to go into a branch to sort things out. I have NEVER only dealt with one person who answers the phone, they might as well be receptionists.

The latest stunt they pulled is to change the bill pay system, so they wiped out the old one, no one can get access to it anymore. You have to reload all of your billers and then the old bill pay system is still running in the background, so all those auto payments you had going out, they continue, you can't shut them off! Little tipper they didn't feel the need to share until all the new billers were re-established and auto-payments set up on that! ULTRA frustrating! The level of incompetence boggles the mind!

RBFCU is pretty good for a local bank

Posted by: kevinpugh | Jul 3, 2017

I have been banking with Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union for almost 20 years now, as I first opened a savings account with them while I was still in high school. Today, I have a checking account through them as well. Working with them is a breeze. I use direct deposit for my paycheck, but they also offer deposit via ATM or even through their mobile app, is pretty cool. Their overdraft fees are reasonable, and generally I've been able to get them waived, which shows they they appreciate their long-term clients. They offer an automatic savings program that takes a predetermined amount from my deposits and puts the funds into savings. I've also accrued quite a bit through their automatic 10-cent cash back promotion when using my debit card. Recently, they've built a branch closer to my house which makes going to the ATM to avoid any fees even easier. My mother has her mortgage with them, and I've made the payments a few times, and it couldn't be easier. Overall, I would recommend using RBFCU to anyone in the area.

Ridiculous Fees

I opened a new checking and savings account online. I misunderstood one of the features (my fault) which caused almost 300.00 in fees. I called over and over only to be placed on hold and everytime it was 15 minutes, 30 minutes only to get an answer that they could not help me remove any of these fees. The feature is the debit card transactions are approved and a 24.00 fee is applied. I made purchases for as low as a dollar to 50.00 and was charged 24.00. I went to the branch after getting no sympathy from the "customer service" reps. Finally the manger of the bank agreed to refund 5 fees. They took my entire direct deposit and I was completely broke for a week. They did not care that I had no money. I had to borrow from family and eat ramen all week. I have a daughter and I couldn't even buy her food. I had to explain to her what happened and she understood, but was upset that it happened. They wasted my time away from work every time I called and I was disgusted at their demeanor telling me that it was not a bank error therefore they would not help me. I still have a negative balance with them and plan to pay them off and be done. I would like to know if anyone has a corporate contact and address to write a letter to?

THANKS, BUT NO THANKS! I'll KEEP MY $$$

I just closed my accounts with RBFCU after seven years. I had debits coming out of my savings account, which is linked to my checking. I was under the impression those debits would come out of my checking, but I was mistaken. Nevertheless, I was also under the assumption that since my accounts were linked, that one account would cover the other in the event of overdraft. This is apparently only the case when the circumstances are backwards (checking going into overdraft with money in savings to cover). When I called the customer service line for RBFCU, the agents were horribly rude and humiliating. When I asked to speak to a supervisor about this situation, I received the response of "(scoff)...you're just gonna get the same answer!" It was horrible! That person then transferred me. I told her to please not let anymore debits come through my savings, that it was ridiculous to have debits coming through my savings and, also, ridiculous that RBFCU wouldn't pay those charges out of my linked checking account. I had to ask to speak to her supervisor as well and, believe it or not, I got the same response from her! She placed me on a brief hold and then told me her supervisor was busy and they'd call me back. I never received a call back. I came to a level of acceptance and decided it wasn't worth the effort and I would just absorb the $75 in NSF fees. Then, my bank account was hit once again by a "retry" of those same charges even after asking them to stop any future attempts to debit my savings account. BAM! Another $75! I walked into the bank branch this time to talk to someone face to face. They were very apologetic and said they can't do anything without corporate approval. PLEASE! IF YOU VALUE HAVING MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, AVOID THIS BANK LIKE THE PLAGUE! THEY ARE NOT THE FRIENDLY SMALL-TOWN BANK THEY USED TO BE! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY VIA OBSCURE LOOPHOLES EVERY CHANCE THEY GET!

Stay Away

Im going to steal this comment from a previous poster as its conveys EXACTLY what i wanted to say...If you want to be robbed, humiliated, lied to, money taken out of your account, nickel and dimed, this is the credit union for you.

Seriously, stay away from them. They have horrible horrible customer service.

RBFCU doing a unique way of opening account

Posted by: Blair | Jan 28, 2016

I recently opened a checking account at RBFCU and it was a unique experience. The customer service was very good. When I was getting ready to fill out the appropriate paperwork, I was doing a video conference with an employee. They explained the paperwork that needed to be filled out, I filled out the paperwork, and then gave it to the employee in the room to fax it in to the person I was doing the video conference with. When I was finished filling out the paperwork with the person, I was done and had the bank account open. It was an experience that I had not done before and made me more intrigued about the bank. After having the bank account opened for almost a year, I can say that this has been a great bank for me and has provided all of the services that I need. The customer service has been terrific and they are always smiling and seem to enjoy working there.

RBFCU review

Posted by: Bailey15 | Nov 27, 2015

As time goes on, I've continued to hear more and more people singing the praises of using a credit union instead of a bank. The general consensus was that credit unions have lower fees (or no fees), lower interest rates, and treat you more than fairly. Considering all of this, my interest was piqued and I wanted to hear anecdotes from the ones I trust. Both my friends and colleagues highly recommended Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union.

With a unanimous vote for RBFCU, I decided look into what they had to offer in terms of checking. Their staff was very friendly and explained that there were no minimum requirements for an initial deposit and their are no monthly fees. Other benefits include free checks, overdraft protection, and even cash back on debit card purchases. I was sold.

Not only did I open up a checking account with them, but I opened up a savings account and started a Roth IRA. I really enjoy dealing with their staff and I have not experienced a single problematic issue during my time with RBFCU. I highly recommend Randolph Brooks; they're awesome!

Problem With CD Maturity

Posted by: youngsun | Nov 9, 2015

RBCUA used to offer the best CD rate for 7 years till 2008, everything changed. I had, still have, several CDs for 7 years maturing one by one. They tried to skip one month interest, if CD is not renewed, and all the tricks I can't tell it all. I caught their intention before the fact, after all kinds of phone call, email, and I even filed a complaint through NCUA, I have paid. Yet again! we have six CDs in Roth to be matured throughout 2016. I'm still collecting all the evidence, just in case we go to a court for this.

Get Paid to Shop!

Posted by: ACover | Oct 31, 2015

I love this bank. I have been with Chase for over 10 years when I became a stay at home mom and no longer had income to meet the requirements, such as direct deposit, they wouldn't work with me so I started shopping for a new bank. I enjoy banking with Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union. Not only did they welcome me with open arms but they advised me that every time I shop they pay me! What could be better? Anytime I go threw the drive up teller, they are always so friendly and provide excellent customer service. I am so glad I switched!!

a review of the best fcu ever

I have been with them for almost 15 years, and have had absolutely nothing but good experience with them. Any time I've tried another financial institution, I've been severely let down and have come running back to rbfcu.

I miss banking with Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union!

Posted by: lehmonaid | Jun 10, 2015

RBFCU was the first place that I banked with as an adult. The only reason I do not continue to use them is because I moved and they are only local to Texas. RBFCU processes transactions quickly, I would say instantly. It made it very easy for me to never overdraft because I could just look online at my account and it was always up to date. RBFCU also had many convenient locations in San Antonio where I used to live and a 24 hour atm and drop box for checks. This was very convenient for me because I had a very busy schedule. RBFCU also offered a 10 cent cash back program for their debit card which is awesome! Another convenient feature that they had was a coin machine at their locations. RBFCU made it very convenient for me to save up every penny.

What's Happened To Rbfcu?

Tonight was the first time rbfcu made me feel like I needed to switch banks. Since the switch over last September the service has been horrible and when you can reach someone that can help you they are rude and condescending. I'm almost mad enough to close my accounts. It's sad when they have to pick on someone to feel better about themselves.

Check Reordering Process Poor

Posted by: Shorebreak | Oct 1, 2014

Attempting to utilize the RBFCU online check order program results in failure at the end of the process. An error message appears when submitting the order noting that the account number is too long. This is when the account number is automatically entered by the program. Calling customer service enables one to order checks but they can't provide the free checkbook cover with the RBFCU logo available online.

Horrible Bank. Don't Give Them Your Business

I have been a member of RBFCU since just after getting out of BMT over 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I will be closing my accounts with RBFCU and going over to USAA because of an incident that happened to a close friend of mine. My friend has an auto loan through RBFCU. He was pulled over and charged with a crime and the cops temporarily seized his vehicle. During the seizure of his vehicle, he never missed any payments to RBFCU and full coverage was kept on the car. RBFCU took it upon themselves to request the vehicle be released to them and has proceeded to put his vehicle up for auction. The case has not even been to court and they are citing a clause in paperwork that he signed saying "if the vehicle is used in a crime" that they have permission to repossess the vehicle. Again, THE CASE HASN'T EVEN BEEN TO COURT. After he has contacted RBFCU multiple times telling them this, they are still not backing down on the repossession and auctioning of the car. This will go on his credit as a repo even though he is current on the loan. Innocent until proven guilty is the American way so what makes RBFCU think they can be Judge and Jury here?? Not only is what RBFCU doing un-American, but completely dishonest. This sort of behavior is not something I am OK with coming from a business that I am supposed to trust my financial future to. So long and I won't be seeing you later.

Reasonable

After banking with RBFCU for 8 years, I have an overall positive perception of my experience with this credit union. I received decent rates for an automobile loan and have been forgiven with certain fees. Out of all of the credit unions and banks I've dealt with (5+), I am most pleased with RBFCU.

Never a better credit union!

I have been a member of Randolph Brooks since I married my husband 17 years ago. He has been a member since he was five years old. We both have extensive experience with RBFCU and will continue to be members the rest of our lives. We have had car loans, personal loans, credit cards, insurance, investments, savings, and checking accounts. The only experience we haven't had is obtaining a home mortgage loan through them but we will be doing that soon! We love everything about them and cannot say enough good things about them. They have excellent customer service and even offer suggestions when we don't know what's best. They have pulled through for us time and time again and we always recommend them to friends.

Great Credit Union

Posted by: B.McOsker | Jul 18, 2014

I've banked with RBFCU for over 10 years and they've always bent over backwards. They did everything they could to help keep our truck from being repossessed last year. They were great with communication and worked with us every month; letting us pick our due date and pay what we could. RBFCU will always be my first choice credit union.

RBFCU is reliable and secure

RBFCU is a reliable and secure credit union. I have never had any security issues of any kind. The rates are competitive and they help me keep my finances organized. Whenever I have a question, they are quick to answer it. They have a good online chat service that connects you with a representative. In-store staff are always friendly and I never have to wait a long line as there are plenty of tellers.

Excellent service, good rates

Posted by: AndrewH | May 3, 2014

I've had nothing but great experiences with Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. The service has always been helpful, informative and, friendly. I've opened a savings account, checking account, and a money market. The dividends have been helpful in making ends meet. I definitely plan on sticking with RBFCU for as long as possible and will very likely use their services to take out loans when I decide to buy a large purchase. I definitely recommend investing there.

Fraud Stolen ATM/Credit Card

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 6, 2012

RBFCU did take care of me when my credit card info was stolen/hacked. They were very professional and helpful. Within a day I received my monies that were stolen. If this happens to you, quickly call and get your card suspended....Thanks.

Randolph Brooks Lending Department.

I wish I could say RBFCU has great service, but I guess some people that work there are not very competent. I have been a member of RBFCU for over 15 years and have never been behind on one payment or delinquent on anything and I have good credit. I needed $15,000.00 to repair my foundation on my house that is basically breaking my house. Let's face it $15,000.00 is not a lot of money now a days. So they did the counter offer dance and said  we can only approve you for $10,000.00. Funny thing is I don't need $10,000.00 in need $15,000.00. I wonder if I could give the foundation company a counter offer of $10,000.00 instead of $15,000.00. They should be fine with that right? Good luck with that! So after RBFCU has basically spit in my face and disrespected me on several occassions I unfortunately have a very bad taste in my mouth.

RE: To the personal attacks message.

This is what reviews are for to see who is not doing they're job! And if you do not want people writing bad comments about RBFCU, then RBFCU needs to address the area that is having an issue. Until then you will get bad reviews. If I could of selected no stars I would!

RBFCU For U

Posted by: Andi | Jun 3, 2011

I moved to RBFCU after several years with Bank of America, and I've never looked back! Every interaction with the people there (over the phone or in person) have been phenominal, the policies are fantastic, and the customer service is supurb!

Outstanding Service And Rates At Randolph-Brooks Credit Union

Posted by: Purplesage | Dec 1, 2010

When my 3-year 5.10% IRA certificate matured at RBFCU late in November I placed it in an IRA savings account there until I decided what to do with it. With a dismal rate structure everywhere and safety in mind I decided to open three equally funded certificates at RBFCU with 5, 6, and 7 year maturities. The interest rate came to an average of 3.00% which is probably close to the best I could have done anywhere else these days. I called RBFCU this morning and asked the CSR to transfer me to someone who could do the account transaction for an IRA. She said she could take care of it for me. The whole transaction took less than five minutes and was immediately posted on-line. Now that's what I call service. No paperwork and no hassles. I've consistently had no problems with this financial institution and the selection of products has been excellent with certificate rates up there in the top-tier most of the time.  Definitely a five star credit union. In fact I saw a billboard ad a couple of years ago in San Antonio noting that they were judged the number one credit union in Texas. I agree.