Sun East Federal Credit Union Reviews

The Worst Customer Service I've Ever Seen

I was trying to set up my online services so I could pay my car payment and it wouldn't let me, it kept saying "feature disabled" call 877-578-6327. I called... sat on hold for 1 hour and 23 min you are 12th in line, then a new message came on and said you are 1st in line, that took another 8 min., Then Shelby came on and had to call online services, she couldn't give me much information but did say ok start a new set up they deleted the other one because the ss # wasn't the same... ok that makes no sense because how did we get the loan?!

She said go ahead and try it and i'll stay on the line and let them know what is happening... I did and said ok it is saying the same thing and I can't get in... the line goes dead and disconnected.

You better believe I will pay off this loan as soon as possible and NEVER DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN!!!

Absolutely Terrible Customer Service

Application process is ridiculous and cannot get anyone on the phone who can discuss your application. Would highly recommend avoiding this CU

Refused Account

I called them today to inquire about a new account. The system told me I was number 51 of the number of people on hold. I entered my number to receive a call back. Got a call back like 4 hours later. Apparently these people are overloaded with requests to open new accounts and cannot handle any more because I have a good credit score and don't owe any bank any money. The application process is pretty long and tedious. You have to open a savings first and then apply for a CD. They want people to wire the funds in. No ACH. Judging by the number of people who have applied in the reviews, I'm beginning to doubt that they accept anyone at all and are just accepting applications so people can donate money to their cause which is the only way to join if you don't live in the vicinity.

Really Ridiculous Operation

As others have already commented, not worth dealing with them. Total waste of time. Why do they accept applications outside their geography if they are not going to approve them? Is there something else going on?

No Response To Inquiry

I called this bank, waited for twenty minutes on hold (voice said 5 minute wait), and finally left a message for someone to return my call. No response.

So I wrote them an email inquiring about their money market application requirements. No response.

In my case, attempting to do business with this bank was a waste of time.

Sun East Does A Hard Pull

I don’t understand why this Credit Union needs to do a hard pull on my credit to take my money for a savings account and a CD. It’s not like I’m taking out a loan, I’m giving them money for 27 months to loan out to others to make money. I give one star for the hard pull but the CSR I would give 5 stars.

Normally I Don't Have Anything Bad To Say...

...but this credit union releases a product with a good rate and does not have the intelligence/understanding that they may get applications from outside their area.
Their website does not state their eligibility clearly...their application does not reject out of state applicants and goes through to the end..in fact, past the "Congratulations, you're accepted" note.
And then they send out the rejection email without stating any grounds for rejection. And, that email is so vague as to imply that a call may resolve the issue. It doesn't.
Very bad way to do business --the wasted my time and others as well. Bad on them.

NOT A NATIONWIDE CD!

As I stated yesterday, I was put through the ringer trying to open the 27 month 3.50% APY CD but after finally getting through the process with a supervisor, I was assured that the account would be opened.

However, today I received an email declining the application for geographic reasons. Their $10 charity is only open to certain east coast states, while I live in CA.

The supervisor yesterday claimed that the charity was available nationwide. Apparently, she is just as incompetent as the rest of their staff and their malfunctioning website.

Membership Thru Donation

Cannot even open membership with donation unless you live in one of 4 states of their region (NEast US)

Sun East..Great Rate BUT

they should mention the CD can only be opened in person....NOT ON LINE ..so make sure you live near the credit union