Suncoast Credit Union Reviews

I Would Give A Negative 1 If Possible

This credit union in Florida is a joke. I've tried several times to get a copy of my title. It has taken weeks, and still no copy! Next is the BBB. Never again!

Rude Customer Service

They are very rude. Every time I make a charge on my card, I have to spend an hour on the phone to get it unblocked. I asked for a call back, they don't after talking calling and speaking to the supervisor I finally had enough and asked to speak to the president, I accepted to speak to one of the vice presidents. I explained to her my problem, the next day I get a phone call from her underling for which I have had to explain to her the problem. She says she will fix it. The next day I get a phone call from that person's underling and I have to explain to her the problem again. Three months later the problem is still not solved. I posted this on their review page that they control and removed it and refuse to put it back.

Got A Nice CD...

...in Summer of '19 and it wasn't painful. Had to mail documents, back and forth but, for 2.7% APY for 48 mos was worth the effort. No other experience but, they answer the phone at least. Website could be better but, I've used worse. Dropped rates fast so not so competitive anymore...

Simple Request

I have two different banks. One I receive direct deposit for work, the other (Suncoast CU) for other personal uses.

My main debit card that I use from my other bank was compromised. I am currently waiting for a new card. In order to use the money from my pay check I needed to transfer funds from one to Suncoast.

I called and waited 6 minutes (loud annoying robot repeating "We will be with you shortly").

Once obtaining a rep, I simply asked what the routing number was for Suncoast. "Well you can find that on our website." I didn't ask WHERE I can find it, I asked for it for what I thought would save me time and hassle. Then after stating I don't have time to go online, with a heavy sigh I was finally read the routing number.

Then, I simply asked for my FULL account number as to I only had the last 7. "You can find that on your mobile app under statements." Again I didn't ask WHERE to find it.

So what your telling me is after verifying who I am with name, ACCOUNT NUMBER, and two security questions you cant give me the first three of my account number? Another heavy sigh and what sounded like the start of an excuse, I hang up because I do not deserve to be treated this way as a client.

Login in to my mobile app. Searching...searching...searching...

I spent 15 minutes of my busy day to find out the rude customer service rep couldn't tell me that the first three are "000"...no. Apparently satisfying clients with very simple questions isn't what Suncoast is about anymore.

Hard Pull For CD Account

They did a hard credit pull for me to open a CD account. You also have to go into a branch to open a CD. (Edit: Apparently you can also open one over the phone. But not online.) And there is a fee (I think $3.50) to ACH/EFT money out of your savings or checking account. Customer service was great during my first trip to the branch, not so great on the second trip.

best switch I've ever made

I had the opportunity to switch from Chase to Suncoast Credit Union while I was living in the Tampa Bay area. I searched for different credit unions and had always wanted to make the change, Suncoast was a perfect fit for my needs. This credit union has allowed me to save money, which I wasn't able to do in the past due to high fee's from my previous bank.My bank account has never gone into overdraft thanks to their free overdraft protection. Now they have this amazing service where you can pay your bills even if you don't have fund available in your account at the moment of payment. I love the suncoast rewards program on my debit card, I have been able to redeem points for travel and pay the difference if I don't have enough point to redeem the ticket. Suncoast takes care of their costumers by offering discounts on a lot of services for every day life. I have been to their actual bank maybe like 3 times everything can be done online, their app or over the phone which is amazing.

Best Banking Institution Ever

I have been a member here since 1997. As a now 66 year old who has dealt with multiple banks and credit unions over the years, Suncoast is far and away the best. I have stayed with them so long because they are responsible, dependable, and always treat me as if I am special to them. I have no plans to bank with anyone else in my lifetime - I cannot recommend them any more highly than I do.

Always Up To Date

I have a savings account and two CD's through Suntcoast Credit Union. I've been with them for about 3 years now. I went to their location by me and had a million questions. Josh, the employee that helped me, was very thorough and even gave me resources to find the information myself. Once a month that same person calls me up to ask if I have any questions and promote new services Suncoast offers. I actually called him this Monday and got some information on a Money Market account. He told me a lot of information and gave me contact numbers to other Suncoast employees that could help me more.

Great Service Has Become Horrible Service

They revamped their website and turned a functioning site into a complete mess. When attempting to contact SCU I got repeated messages that the wait time would be over 20 MINUTES!!!!
SO VERY VERY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Great Staff, sucky Login

Great staff, friendly and fast. The login can be a bear sometimes. I've been locked out quite a few times. Please fix and then all 5 stars!

Best Experience EVER

This credit union has been nothing but amazing to my family and I. I have been banking with them since the age of 12 when i opened my first savings account. The service you receive is always amazing i have yet to have a bad experience in my 11 years. The staff is ALWAYS so nice and inviting making you feel right at home. I definitely recommend the to anyone who want quality banking.

My Experience with Suncoast Credit Union

I have been using this credit union, Suncoast Credit Union, for about eight months or so now. I have to say that I am very pleased with it so far. In comparison to the bank I used to use, Wells Fargo, I have to say that I am extremely satisfied. The one thing that really stands a part for me when using this credit union is that I love how they do not take a monthly fee just for having service with them, what I mean is that there is no minimum balance required in my account, some other places take a fee if you do not have a certain amount in you account. I also really like how you can get cash advances from the credit union. This really helps out when I don't get paid before my bills are due. Especially because I don't trust all these cash lending businesses because they want unreasonable amounts back for the amount of time you are lent said money. The tellers are friendly and respectful. So really I enjoy all aspects of this credit union and would recommend it to anyone.

Suncoast Schools credit untion gives A+ service!

I have had a Suncoast School credit union account for years and they have always been great to me. They have always provided great service and they offer competitive pricing and they don't try to nickel and dime me for every single cent. They have very good rates on their credit cards and mortgages and other loans. I recommend them to everyone.

Good, Dependable, Efficient And Friendly

I have been with this Credit Union for approximately eight years, and have not experienced a problem in any of my dealings with this institution.