Suncoast Credit Union Reviews

Hard Pull For CD Account

Posted by: Tracey | Jun 3, 2019

They did a hard credit pull for me to open a CD account. You also have to go into a branch to open a CD. (Edit: Apparently you can also open one over the phone. But not online.) And there is a fee (I think $3.50) to ACH/EFT money out of your savings or checking account. Customer service was great during my first trip to the branch, not so great on the second trip.

CU With Great Features, Not Fee Happy, But Low Rates

Posted by: enduser | Jan 14, 2018

I have been with this CU since 1993. Easy to bank with, convenient, not a fee happy institution, with 3 branches spread out in my area. This CU has some cool features such as MM linked with checking to cover insufficient funds without fees no matter how many times funds are transferred between accounts, interest bearing checking with no minimum balance or translation requirements, unlimited incommoding and outgoing transfers to MM account without fees. I make deposits to my checking, then transfer all funds to the MM since it pays a sightly higher interest rate leaving just pennies balance in my checking. My only complaint with this CU is that they pay very low interest rates to their members. While the Fed has raised the interest rates 4 times since Dec 2005 this CU has actually lowered the rates paid to their members on June 2017. I see lots of complains with broken ATM machines but I got rid of my ATM card 22 years ago, and have never had nor used a Debit card. They also have deposits by smart phone but I have never used that feature since I still make deposits the old fashion way. Just recently they added remote tellers where you talk to a teller on computer monitor to do your banking. Not a feature that I will ever use since it lacks a personal feel. The website was updated last year and it now works great after some serious technical issues. A good CU but they need to raise the interest rates paid out to the members.

Not A Good Bank

This bank is not what it used to be,I've been banking with them for 20 years,this bank,doesn't have faith in their customers with a 20 year track record,never been late on my vehicle loan ect,had 2 vehicles paid off with this bank from car loans and now they will not give me another,I don't know what this bank has become,it used to be nice bank. But here's the gist of it all:
Doesn't treat their customers right even after banking either for YEARS
The ATMs are ALWAYS broken
You are on hold FOREVER when you call them atleast 20 minute
Lost faith in this bank.its sad because I used to love this bank.

Best Banking Institution Ever

I have been a member here since 1997. As a now 66 year old who has dealt with multiple banks and credit unions over the years, Suncoast is far and away the best. I have stayed with them so long because they are responsible, dependable, and always treat me as if I am special to them. I have no plans to bank with anyone else in my lifetime - I cannot recommend them any more highly than I do.

Always Up To Date

Posted by: BonnieRai | Nov 29, 2016

I have a savings account and two CD's through Suntcoast Credit Union. I've been with them for about 3 years now. I went to their location by me and had a million questions. Josh, the employee that helped me, was very thorough and even gave me resources to find the information myself. Once a month that same person calls me up to ask if I have any questions and promote new services Suncoast offers. I actually called him this Monday and got some information on a Money Market account. He told me a lot of information and gave me contact numbers to other Suncoast employees that could help me more.

Great Service Has Become Horrible Service

Posted by: Kim Eakin | Sep 8, 2015

They revamped their website and turned a functioning site into a complete mess. When attempting to contact SCU I got repeated messages that the wait time would be over 20 MINUTES!!!!
SO VERY VERY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Great Staff, sucky Login

Posted by: dePalma | Jan 28, 2015

Great staff, friendly and fast. The login can be a bear sometimes. I've been locked out quite a few times. Please fix and then all 5 stars!

Best Experience EVER

Posted by: bri | Oct 17, 2014

This credit union has been nothing but amazing to my family and I. I have been banking with them since the age of 12 when i opened my first savings account. The service you receive is always amazing i have yet to have a bad experience in my 11 years. The staff is ALWAYS so nice and inviting making you feel right at home. I definitely recommend the to anyone who want quality banking.

My Experience with Suncoast Credit Union

Posted by: mapboule | Oct 13, 2014

I have been using this credit union, Suncoast Credit Union, for about eight months or so now. I have to say that I am very pleased with it so far. In comparison to the bank I used to use, Wells Fargo, I have to say that I am extremely satisfied. The one thing that really stands a part for me when using this credit union is that I love how they do not take a monthly fee just for having service with them, what I mean is that there is no minimum balance required in my account, some other places take a fee if you do not have a certain amount in you account. I also really like how you can get cash advances from the credit union. This really helps out when I don't get paid before my bills are due. Especially because I don't trust all these cash lending businesses because they want unreasonable amounts back for the amount of time you are lent said money. The tellers are friendly and respectful. So really I enjoy all aspects of this credit union and would recommend it to anyone.

Suncoast Schools credit untion gives A+ service!

I have had a Suncoast School credit union account for years and they have always been great to me. They have always provided great service and they offer competitive pricing and they don't try to nickel and dime me for every single cent. They have very good rates on their credit cards and mortgages and other loans. I recommend them to everyone.

Good, Dependable, Efficient And Friendly

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 4, 2011

I have been with this Credit Union for approximately eight years, and have not experienced a problem in any of my dealings with this institution.