TD Bank, National Association Reviews

TD Bank Is Good, But Fees Are A Little High

Posted by: Megs4147 | Apr 21, 2016

I love being a customer of TD Bank. They are always willing to answer questions on the website or on the phone. I love that they are open late on certain days and that you can deposit checks or cash in the ATM 24 hours a day. That is very convenient. I am happy with the service they provide and have been a customer for over 10 years. I do also like that they changed their overdraft policy as that would be the one reason that I would have switched banks. I will continue to be a customer of theirs for years to come. The one downside is the monthly maintenance fees and the fees if you use a different ATM (other than theirs). I think this is the norm across all banks though, so I don't think that it would help me much to switch based on this reason.

TD Bank Steals Fro Customers

Posted by: toadboy65 | Apr 21, 2012

TD Bank has on several occasions signed me up for overdraft "protection" without my consent. They have told me that they have a right to do this, as well as to re-order debits so as to maximize fees. I am not alone in being a victim of their practice of charging overdraft fees on occasions when I was not overdrawn. In fact, No matter how careful you are about never over spending, you will fall into their trap of ever increasing fees and penalties. Avoid TD Bank at all costs.

5-Star Health Rating???

Definitely NOT from its customer reviews, that's for damn sure.  Can only be from its bulging coffers overflowing with money from the fees they charge their customers.  TD Bank is a poor shadow of Commerce Bank way back when.  Their policy is to be DEAF, DUMB, and BLIND to their customers' happiness with their service.  As long as they can continue charging and collecting the insane fees, they will be healthy.

****AVOID THIS BANK!! IT HAS BECOME THE MOST CONVENIENT BANK FOR ITS OWN PURPOSE - NOT THEIR CUSTOMERS *******

DO NOT GO TO TD BANK!!!!

This bank has been my bank for over 10 years - and recently has decided that they would rather charge me over   $ 500 in fees between 2 accounts - savings and checking - (Saving transfers to cover checking overdraft) then to retain a long-time customer. I have written to them requesting assistance and their customer service does nothing to make the customer happy !!!!! Closing ALL my accounts and will encourage ALL family and friends to do the same!!!!!!!! Wish I didnt even have to give them one star for this to post!!!!

TD Bank Disappointment

I had a non over Draft fee account. They constantly told me my availability was different then it actually was. This caused me to over draft. I called constantly to tell them to not allow the transactions to process. From one transaction that wasn't posted caused me to bounce checks left and right. My account was over drawn by 300 dollars. I called to explain I didn't have a job right now so couldn't afford to have this happen. I asked them to close or put a hold on the account. They couldn't because I was not current. So over a two weeks I got fees after fees for not being current. I go to bank to take out christmas fund for food for my kids and find out they took my 400 to cover my checking. Leaving me still with a balance of 100 over drawn. Then the following week it was at 200 again. I had no choice to let it go without an deposits so they would close it automatically. I am disappointed on how just a $30 over draft left me with negative $800. I will never use TD bank again.

Inconvienent Bank

Posted by: mikem | Jul 16, 2013

Just had my first overdraft ever at TD Bank on my checking account. My fault for not reading the fine print on how they changed their electronic bill pay system. the balance does not include any checks that have been sent through bill pay. the trick form TD Bank is that you do not know who, and who does not, accept electronic payments. they are now saying that most companies only accept paper checks. to make a long story short, my ($32.00) oversight cost me $175 in charges. Spoke with Nioka and she escalated to supervisor Peggy. Neither of which were very compasionate. because of this sheer lack of customer service, being treated "like a human", and now the most inconvienent bak in north america, i will be going elswhere. I will stop in and get as many pens as i wish. they say you can take them for free!

WORST BANK TO HAVE!!!

THEY DONT CHARGE YOUR CARD TRANSACTIONS IN ORDER CAUSING YOU TO OVERDRAFT ON EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION...A 20$ OVERDRAFT WILL COST YOU HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS DUE TO THEIR "PROCESS"...STAY AWAY!!!!

Worst Customer Service Ever.

I have been banking with this bank for 30 years they don't value long time customers. No customer service and not interested in helping fix problems. I will be closing my account there in the near future.

Fees Upon Fees

I went there to close an account of about $1100 because of the complete bs service charge of $1.00 per month for paper statements. You would think they would want to ask me why I'm closing my account. Nope, just started the process. Asked if I wanted cash or a paper check, I asked for the check. After 10 min discussion with her colleague in the backroom, I am informed that the paper check will be an $8 charge. Really? Obviously went with cash. If I was taking out $40,000, I would bring a suitcase and ask for all $5s instead of paying them $8. Don't get lured in by their extended open hours, a great bank that was Commerce is no longer a friend of the little guy.

Terrible Experience

I have been a customer of TD for 2 years. Their bill payment system is still in the 19th century. You can't schedule a bill payment sooner then 4 business days in advance because they are physically send checks while other financial institutions pay bills electronically. Phone and online supports are useless. Had to close my 2 business accounts.

They Are A Joke In A Half

Posted by: LeeLee7517 | Jul 3, 2013

I had an acct when it was called Commerce 3 yars ago and closed it out with them...then I get a statement that the acct is neg 182$ I dont know how with a closed acct. In what I thought I resloved the issue, turns into a call from the collection agency saying I owe them 945$, and thats was the first agency I received 3 different amounts from 3 agencies. I recently called them and they told me I owe them 521$ on a closed acct, if they didn't know they are not getting anything from me believe that.

The Worst Bank EVER!!

Had a horrible experience with the Vienna, VA branch from day one. Based on our online, telephone banking experience, which was worse than how we were treated at the branch, I can only assume it is a system wide problem. STAY AWAY!!

Bank Refuses To Give You Your Own Money Back

Posted by: mymoney82 | Dec 28, 2011

We have spent The last 6 months trying to get our money back from this bank only to be lied to and given the run around. We sent an official bank check to pay an out of state bill and the check never reached it's destination. We waited the appropriate 90 days to file the right paperwork so we could get our money back. After waiting 2 weeks we we're told the money was pending in our account so we waited an additional 2 weeks and the money was still pending. After calling the bank to find out what happened they told us that they would send us a check. We waited another 3 weeks no check. We then started dealing with the branche's bank manager who gave us a bank gift card only to find out there was no money on the gift card. We we're then told they we're "investigating" where the money went. We are still waiting and now have contacted the occ and attorney general who have both told us that this particular bank does not feel they are responsible for replacing their own official bank checks.

HORRIBLE Customer Service, Shady Fee System, Unannounced Changes To Terms. AVOID.

Posted by: ughhh | Mar 18, 2013

Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service, shady fee systems, and unannounced changes of terms.  And "Mike," specifically, is condescending, insulting, and half the reason I'm closing my bank account with TD

In short, my account was wrongly charged without my consent, which caused it to drop below $100.  This triggered a $14 fee.

When I called and explained the situation completely calmly, "Mike" refused to reverse the fee even though it was obviously not my fault.  When I (still completely calmly) told him that I would be closing my account in that case, he said he "doesn't respond to threats" and that he understands "that it can be emotional" but that this is his policy.  He then proceeded to tell me (yes, attempted to authoritatively TELL me) that I will open a regular savings account and pay $3.99 a month to have the account open.

1.  "Emotional?"  Because I'm a woman, this must be an "emotional" problem rather than one of fairness, as though I'm a "hysterical woman" and he clearly knows best.  Pure sexism, because I never once raised my voice.  Actually, cold clean logic dictates that if one bank is charging me unfair fees for someone else's error, it would save me money to switch to a better bank that won't.

2.  $3.99 per month for the privilege of holding my money?  That was the first point at which I showed any emotion - I laughed at him.

In closing?  Avoid TD at all costs.  There are much better banks and credit unions (that didn't receive a $347 million dollar bailout of our tax dollars like TD did, by the way) that won't quietly slip new fees into the terms and hit you with them liberally, then be rude and condescending when you dare to question them.

Of all the people I know who opened an account with them because of their convenient location, I'm the last one left with an account.  They obviously aren't interested in keeping their current customers, so I'll be opening a new account with People's tomorrow.

Dreadful Service!

Posted by: HRS | Jul 7, 2015

This bank is one that should be avoided. Dealing with them was a nightmare. Even my detailed complaint letter and a followup were not even responded to.

A few days after having received and started the use of their credit card the card no longer was accepted. TD had frozen the card with the only notification being a vague statement posted on the website.

This required a lengthy visit to the local branch and several days to resolve with much inconvenience and failed scheduled payments. Their followup was poor beyond belief.

I was also told that my complaint regarding not being contacted either by phone or by email that the account had been frozen would be “noted” and that “a response MAY be made”.

Finally, I registered a complaint that the response from the TD website’s “Ask Us Anything” was inappropriate. I twice asked the following two questions and received the answer below:

QUESTION # 1: Your password protocal is quite dated at 6-8 characters. Now-a-days, passwords far longer are being used!

QUESTION # 2:It appears that transaction and payment due alerts are only sent out to cell phones and not by regualr email. Is this correct?

RESPONSE: Unfortunately your submission did not meet our Writing & Community Guidelines and can't be posted at this time. Please try rewording your submissions or, for more information, refer to our Social Media Disclaimer.

The response was inappropriate because the question did not fall into any of the three rejection guidelines listed. The questions were 1) not personal, 2) not promotional and 3) not ‘rants or offensive or unproductive’.

I was advised in the telecon from the branch office that a representative from the “leadership department” would address the complaint and respond to me within “72 business hours”. How about that for a response! BTW, I have a top tier credit rating.

TD Bank Customer Service Complaints

Nasty employees are usually just nasty dispositioned people, you come across them everywhere and you don't have to tolerate them. If you approached them with a reasonable attitude and they treated you disrespectfully you need to report them.  Start with a complaint to the local manager to give them a chance to fix their problem at a local level and if that doesn't help escalate it to the corporate level. It sometimes takes some searching to find the corporate complaint department contact info but make the effort to find it and make the call or write the letter. No company wants an employee that is alienating their customers and at the corporate level they're not going to be swayed by friendship with the problem person, if that person is out of line they will correct the issue.  I was at first not so thrilled with TD Bank when they acquired my bank of 15 years because I lost my free checking and all the free services I had because they chose a generic account for all the customers when they acquired them.  I went into the bank and talked to them and they found a different account type that was closer to what I'd had before. I still have to maintain the $100 balance to avoid service charges and I mostly am able to do that but if it drops below $100 and I get charged a fee, that's really my fault, not theirs so I can't get upset with them if it happens. You have to do some research to find the bank that offers the convenience and services you need at an affordable price for you and you need to read that paperwork you get so you know what your terms and conditions are so you're not surprised by unexpected fees.

WORST Costumer Service...They Steal Your Money After You Close An Account!

Posted by: MrJosh | Nov 22, 2011

Firstly, they nickel and dime you with all these little hidden fee's and surcharges they don't bother telling you about.

Secondly, I made an online payment and closed my account the following week after it was shown my payment had gone thru. Couple weeks later I'm getting calls from my credit card company informing me I never made my payment. Turns out TD BANK has this ludicrus rule whereas if you close your account within so many weeks of making any online payments they hold those funds in limbo. Of course they never told me this, or bothered to tell me how to get my money back.

I was promised I'd recieve a check in the mail for my money they stole. Never came. After 6 phone calls and being put on hold for over an hour, I'm still waiting to find out where the hell my money is.

The people who work at the call centers are polite, but are as thick as two planks. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

This is America's most UN-convienant bank...I'm pretty sure that sign in the lobby is just covering up a hole in the wall.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

TD Bank review

I have been banking with TD Bank for several years. They were previously called "Commerce Bank". About 10 years ago, they became TD. My experience with them has been for the most part,positive. I have had no issues with direct deposit, and my money is always readily available. The only thing that I dislike are some of the fees. You you go below your minimum balance of 100 dollars, you are charged a fee. This happens frequently with many people. I only have a checking account with this bank. I used to have a savings account, but they recently required a monthly fee and require a minimum balance of 200 dollars. I do not agree with this.

Corporate banking

Posted by: cdharr | Feb 27, 2015

My experience with this bank has not been positive. Fees seem ridiculous (in fact I was part of a class-action lawsuit for unethically high overdraft fees). At times when I've had issues bank staff have often seemed sympathetic and friendly but are apparently extremely limited in how they are able to work with customers to resolve issues. I've had customer service experiences where bank employees have basically admitted to me "You're right, it's awful, it seems unfair, but there's nothing I can do about it." Their web-site and on-line banking systems are user-friendly and easy to interface with. Bottom line, this is a typical large-corporation style bank, and while I've always been confidant that the bank is far more interested in profit than in helping me, I have generally been satisfied with bank employees, and with the web-site and on-line banking system.

TD... Best service

I have worked with a number of banks in my life and their manner and interactions can be quite horrific. TD has never pressured me to use more of their products than I choose to (I currently only have a checking account), and are always cordial to me when I interact with them. These are the things that are most important to me as a bank customer. In the 5+ years that I have been with this bank I have never been pressured to get a credit card or a savings account, which I do not want. Their fees are extremely reasonable as I have a student account and do not use out-of-network ATMs. In total I doubt i have accrued more than $50 in fees in my time with TD bank. Additionally, they have never complained to me that my balance was too low, or made me feel like I was less than a human being (something I cannot say for all other banks). Lastly, their tellers are always extremely pleasant to me when I go to see them. If the lines are not long, I prefer them over the ATM.

Worry bank in the work

Posted by: greatone | Feb 7, 2015

TD bank branch in Camden N.J is a joke. I had stopped by multiple times to be told that I had to talk to the same "person" for requesting a simple letter about my bank account longevity. After trying to meet the same "person" for like 2 weeks, finally she told me that the request has been missed and I have to place a new request! These guys are just playing and fooling people around. And all so TD Bank, This bank makes a living by charging overdraft fees, and charging to use their ATM cards just about anywhere! They also like to make money transfers when you don't even have the money in your account to another account - then charging you more overdraft fees. When I called to ask why they did this transfer, which, by the way, was done in reverse (I was trying to transfer money from another account to TD!), they called it a convenience to their customer. OMG, really? Instead, TD did the reverse, plunging my account into the negative. Payday for them - overdraft after overdraft! I even put the money back into the TD account, but no overdraft fees were removed. I am leaving this bank for good!

A bank that really puts customers first!

A couple of weeks ago my husband and I experienced the worst nightmare of our live together so far!! Our bank account was slapped with a levy. It literally took the wind out of us! We were left with nothing! Wiped out over night!! I can't begin to tell you what that feels like but I thought we would never be able to get through this. And this is when you want to have a bank who cares! Our attendant never once made us feel bad (like we needed to feel any worse). She explained what further complications might arise and took the time to help us work through this very difficult situation! We're so grateful to have had someone on our side through this monstrosity!

Poor Service

Posted by: mags | Mar 16, 2011

With a Relationship Account requiring a combined balance of $20,000, they claim to reimburse ATM fees charged by other banks if they're used.  I've used it 3 times so far and in none of these instances did I receive a reimbursement.  The first time, I was told that I had to withdraw from my checking account rather than savings.  This was never disclosed before.  Then the next 2 times, I am not sure why I was not reimbursed!  After learning that I had to withdraw from savings, I did that.  I keep a min. balance of $20,000 also.  I inquired twice and was told someone would look into it but I never received any follow-up.  That is another issue.  In a few instances, I would be told that someone would call me.  These were separate items and there was no follow-through on their end.  I have not been pleased with their service at all.

TD Bank NOT America's Most Convenient Bank

Posted by: jc76 | Mar 8, 2011

My father passed away at the end of last year. He had a loan with TD bank that he paid off, and therefore a zero balance. I just received a bill of his with a $20 annual fee. When I called to close the account and have the $20 taken off they wouldn't talk to me unless I send them all kinds of crap. REALLY?! It's $20!!!  Plus, I'm trying to CLOSE the account not use it. Thank you TD bank for making an already very emotional and difficult time that much harder! I wouldn't bank with them if they were the last place I could go to save myself from dying.

Can We Give Them A Zero Star Rating?

The first strike with TD was when I deposited a check for several thousand dollars. About 10 days later, I go to the Eatontown, NJ branch and try to get a cashiers check to make a purchase. I am told by the teller that someone posing as me came into the bank and already made that withdraw. I was naturally upset, asked for the branch manager, asked they freeze the account and the teller refuses to do so ignoring to take the next person in line. I have to stand by the service desks to wait for the branch manager to take inventory of branded giveaway items. I call the police to report the theft. When the police show up, TD finally decides to respond. And the theft, turned out the teller didn't know how to read the computer, the check deposit was out of state and had not cleared yet due to a holiday.

A year later, TD stole $10K from my account misappropriating money. They claimed that they had a court order. When I asked for documentation, they refused to provide it. I have my lawyer call them and he gets a writ of execution from a judge, but my name and social is not on it. Long story short, they screwed up again and I was ensnared in the legal system and it took 6 months to get the money back. In the meantime I opened up a new account elsewhere and just left the minimum in until the legal case resolved. I paid some larger bills and transferred money over time to shrink that $10K.

Eventually the account is down to under $100 and I close it entirely. Now I get a threatening collection letter that I owe then $47 and they will ban me from doing business with any other bank as well as threatening my credit.

I call them up at the number provided and you can't get to a live person. I call the number on the letterhead and it is to collection department. Evidently the bank needed additional information when I closed to account but never bothered to communicate that information so they have been accruing fees month after month. I told them I would gladly pay any fees prior to the date I closed the account, but would not pay any fees incurred because of their negligence. I asked for a detailed accounting of all fees and dates they were incurred. That's when the collection department said they would not close the account, they would not put in touch with someone who could correct the error, and threatened me with legal action over $47 (and by the way, they never gave me the remaining balance on that account when I closed it).

So this is still at a standoff because even if I pay the $47, they still refuse to consider the account closed and stop incurring fees. Talk about hijacking customers. Don't get involved with them.

Great bank to start off in

Posted by: ClaudioG | Jan 16, 2015

In my dealing with this bank, I have established multiple accounts for my business (Checking and Savings). I found that the staff were quite knowledgeable and worked on analyzing my revenue streams against expenses to determine what bank account packages would offer me the most for what I am trying to achieve. In the end, I did sign up for their services and found the fact that my entire account was setup within 30 minutes, including getting an instant issue debit card was a huge plus. I love the late hours, which let me take checks I get in the mail or from other sources and deposit them with the teller if I dont opt for placing them within the ATM after hours. I'd be more than happy to be a customer of theirs again any day!

T D Bank

Posted by: njrb | Jan 4, 2015

I went to my local TD Bank to set up an account for my business, the branch manager himself helped me set up the account,

the whole process was quick and painless, he showed me how to access my account at any time 24-7 online and using my phone, TD is by far one of the best banks that I have ever used. I use Square to accept charges at my shop and have it linked to my TD account, I can access my info at any time to check balances, and transfer money to my personal account, which is from TD also.

The staff at the bank are always courteous and friendly anytime I have to go in for deposits or a withdraw.

Also there are many convenient locations in my area.

Great Experience

Posted by: RyanWeiss | Dec 23, 2014

My experience at TD Bank of Hatfield was great. I needed to open a bank account under my name only. All of the associates were busy so the bank manager on duty helped me personally. The entire process was very fluid. I had all my necessary documents for identification with me so he was very pleased. I did not want to have a checking account with a minimum balance requirement on my account. He set me up with a Simple checking account that did not require a minimum balance, just a few dollars for a maintenance fee applied monthly. He also advised me that, if I were to sign up for the paperless option, that the few would be reduced by two dollars. I downloaded the mobile application to my iPhone and did that immediately. This branch is very well equipped with a knowledgeable staff and I would recommend this to a friend.

Amazing bank

Although I would like to see more ATMS in town for this bank, the customer service is amazing, opening an account was like writing my name and no deposit required and you get a debit card on the spot. Their fees are not as bad as many of them and even if you fall into a rut they never close your bank account. I walk in there every two weeks and the usual reply was hey or nice to see you again. Their always truly friendly and very helpful. I don't think I have ever had better customer service any where.

They Pride Theirselves In Having Legendary Service, But They Are On Average Typical

Posted by: mac2010 | Sep 25, 2010

TD Bank claims they can charge higher fees since they have legendary service, but the only justification I see is the longer hours than other banks. Even then, some of my community banks offer longer hours comparable to TD Bank's hours and provide much better account pricing (higher deposit rates, lower loan rates, lower fees). The quality of the employees range quite a lot. Some of them provide helpful advice, while some of them tell me stuff that I know is incorrect or does not make sense. My point is, there are better choices out there. Some of their stores may give doggie treats for those who have dogs, but that's all I really find that is different. Well, there are community banks that offer free k cup coffee as well as much better account pricing.

TD is a good bank

Posted by: BigG | Sep 18, 2014

TD bank is a overall good bank. The employees are very friendly and know what they're doing. The bank offers a free coin depositor (CoinStar) which is really helpful. The ATMs are easy to use and the mobile app and website are great. The only downfall is when using another ATM non TD Bank they charge a $3 fee on top of the fee already charged.

Dishonest Credit Card Proceedures

Posted by: Alana | Oct 29, 2012

I was told if I transferred my balance from other credit cards I would get 0% interest for the first year.  I was told I would have to pay 3% interest on the transferred balance, which is normal.  This 3% interest is normally added to the transferred balance.  So the bank manager of the Fair Haven, NJ bank, Michael, took my information and put it on the computer to request a balance transfer of about 9,000.00.  I was expecting my first bill to be about $100.00.  You can image my surprise when my first bill was $466.00!  THEY PUT THE 3% TRANSFER FEE ON MY FIRST PAYMENT!!!! How many people can afford an extra bill of $366.00? I had to borrow money to pay my first bill!  I was never told this would happen.  I have done this several times before, and I have never had a credit card company put this charge on the first bill.  The balance transfer fee is always added on the credit card balance.  When I called the credit card company and my bank they did not do anything to correct the problem.  They said the information was in the fine print.  I said I never saw the fine print because it was done through the bank manager of Fair Haven, NJ, WHO NEVER DISCLOSED THIS TO ME!  Long story short, they did not care.  Just pay it I was told.  This bank's service has gone right down the drain.  I feel like I was tricked into transferring my credit cards to the so they could get this fee up front.  I could have transferred this amount to many other companies (I checked) and NOT paid this up-front fee, my credit rating is very good. I don't know how they are allowed to get away with this.  It should be illegal.

The rest of you people should BEWARE OF THIS BANK.

“Bank Mismanaged My Account- I Wouldn't Trust TD Bank With Your Money”

Posted by: bjgsmith | Sep 28, 2012

I switched from Wells Fargo to TD Bank because of some unsettling corporate and social issues with Wells Fargo (ie political lobbying). But my experience with TD was very poor. There were several careless mistakes made by the bank- errors in deposit amounts, personal checks made out to the wrong address, banking fees. Many of mistakes were corrected after pursuing the errors, but a few were never corrected and customer service was entirely unhelpful in resolving these issues.

I probably would not entrust my money to TD Bank given their carelessness and poor customer service.

Very pleased!

Posted by: Brandi | Jun 24, 2014

I have always had a wonderful banking experience at TD Bank! When I go and use the drive-thru, which I did often up until I (now) use their fee-free ATM services, I always was greeted with happy faces. My transactions always went smoothly in both drive-thru and in bank experiences. I absolutely love the ATM services where you can withdraw, deposit, and transfer funds. You can even deposit checks at the ATM which is extremely convenient, especially when you have long work hours that prohibit you from visiting the bank during open hours. Overall, I would recommend TD Bank to anyone!

TDBANK DON't PROTECT YOUR IDENTITY!!!

I just want to share my bad experience and the nightmare that TDBANK is giving me...!!!...I got a call from TDBank Fraud Department telling me that one of TDBank’s Employees gave out my personal information (Name, Address, Social Security Number and Account Number ) without my consent to an unauthorized party...The Customer Service Representative at Fraud Department ( Named Ms. Stacy) whom I spoke with, told me that this happened “mistakenly or in purposely ”

I am very concerned about this situation and, I cannot believe that such Financial Institution can have such inexperience employees working and handling such sensitive information. Ms. Stacy tried to calm me down telling me that this “It Might Happened” and that this situation is under investigation, but it was too late because at the beginning of our conversation she clearly said, “That it happened”.

I am in state of shock to know that my personal information is out there in some criminal’s hand, and this is issue is causing such state of  Intranquility and anxiety to me.  I can not believe that this institution doesn’t has the proper security systems and resources to protects the identity of their customers and, I am demanding to have more information about this issue in what happened and how this happened.

Obviously TDBank don't know how to handle your personal information..How is possible this kind of leak!!!..This issue is creating such of state of anxiety and paranoid to my persona and I've been calling and sending letters to get a response in How this Happened and When...and all that they tell me that is "under investigation"...This is Scary!!!

Bad Break Up

Posted by: sinderella | Nov 5, 2011

I feel like I just can't trust this institution with my hard earned money. Rude customer service representatives. Not to make a blanket statement, because I have had a few genuinely nice reps... but the few are FAR BETWEEN. Their rediculous "over-draft" fees drained my life's savings. I'm a student and a waitress that works over 40 hours a week and maintains a B+ average. My money may not be much, but I work damn hard for it. I have absolutely no interest in investing my future earnings with this joke of a bank. I've gotten the impression that they do NOT value their patrons. So, little do they know... my small earnings will not be the only account they will be losing. I just so happen to have friends and family that have had similar experiences. We are sincerely offended by you TD Bank. Our relationship is over and I am left hurt, penniless and avidly effected. I feel a little bit lost and confused. This was my first bank... will I ever use a bank again? Who can I trust. This has been nothing but a bad break-up. If you were a man: then this lover's tale will end with a vintage "oldie but goodie" slap in your face! Your a bounder and a cad I will huff as I make my dramatic exit.

TD Bank Experience

They rearranged deposits and debts in order to charge a fee to my account. Closed three accounts Bye Bye.

TD Bank West Roxbury MA

Wonder what TD stands for? Try Terrible Decision;Think Disaster; or Taking Dollars. This bank has outrageous fees and and policies designed to take from customers as many as they can. The most egregious is that they hold deposits past when they have cleared the issuing bank causing overdrafts and more fees. Don't try talking to their manager unless you ant to be insulted and badgered for even raising the issue. their attitude is that they are their doing you a big favor. IF you have a choice, choose another bank. Chartered banks in Massachusetts give lowere fees toseniors by law. A list is on the web site of the Banking Divison of the mass.gov site.

Tdbank - Advantages And Disadvantages

The advantages of TDBank are: it is open seven days a week and closes later than other banks, and it offers a checking account with a minimum balance of $100 without monthly fees. The disadvantages are: there aren't as many branches, so it's harder to find an ATM (this is changing, as the bank grows and grows), and I personally prefer the online interface of CHASE and Citibank. Also, the main reason I had originally signed up with this bank is now obsolete. TDBank used to not charge you to use other banks' ATM's. I felt that this was really humane, as banks are really trying to get over now, just like the airlines. Unfortunately, TDBank is like all other banks now in this respect. Incidentally, TDBank is somewhat connected to TDCanadaTrust, so you can use each bank's ATM's without extra charge while in the U.S. or Canada. The connection stops there, though, as Canada's strict banking laws make it impossible to link your accounts between the two countries. I had really bad experiences banking in Canada; a U.S. check takes a month to clear. I think this must apply to all Canadian banks, though. TDBank is known for its free pens and lollipops, as well as a machine you can put all of your pennies into.

Bank Refused To Add Me On My Husband's Account

Posted by: trimax | May 12, 2011

Yesterday my husband added me on his TD Bank account in Tenafly, NJ however Robert Pease, the Assistant Manager never gave us any copies of our new paperwork.  When I asked him for copies he said that he had another customer and apologized for his bank teller's behavior from the previous day in which she was innapropriately loud with my personal information in the bank.  Today, he called me up and told me that he canot add me on my husband's bank account even though he requested this and we already signed the paperwork.  He gave no reason as to why and told me that his Manager was not in or able to speak to me.

Reliable Bank!!

Posted by: market | Jul 15, 2010

The bank is open seven days a week which is a major plus. During the week, I work a lot so having the weekends to run banking errands are a sinch. Their customer service is also very helpful. After finding some unauthorized charges on my account and I called them immediately and they told me what I needed to do and I had a new account number and card within a week. They are situated in convenient locations nearby from home, which is also a major plus. All in all, I find this bank to be meeting my needs.

Worst Bank Ever

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 7, 2012

I will never recommend TD bank to anyone including my enemies. If you want your money to just disappear this is the bank to put it in. Never have I had my register and bank statement come even close, and go figure my bank statement always had a lot less than my register. Even bringing my register and bank statement into the bank and showing every transaction matching up the bank people had no answer why my account always seemed to be missing money. Their fees change from month to month even if your balance is the same. They even charge your accounts other fees, and don't even tell you they did it what it was for or why they did it. The customer service department well in a nut shell you will get bounced around to about 5 or more people then end up at someones voice mail and they will never call you back. I don't want to give this bank 1 star because that is giving them to much credit.

I Paid Loan Shark Rates For Atm Fees For The Calendar Year 2011.Whom Is Mass Can I Call To Try To Receoup Some Of My Losses???

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 29, 2012

I am still awaiting a settlement foe the most fees I have ever been charged for ATM, and other fees. TD Bank, steer clear of them!!!

Mishandling Of Funds And Refusal To Turn Bank Records To Me

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 25, 2011

VERY BAD EXPERIENCES WITH THIS BANK, AND SITUATION WHERE I HAD HIRED PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE TO SET UP BUSINESS ACCOUNTS. HAD MAJOR PROBLEM CONCERNING TRANSFERS OF FUNDS FROM IRA ACCOUNT THAT WERE PLACED IN WRONG ACCOUNTS. BANK MANAGER REFUSED TO STRAIGHTEN PROBLEM OUT WITH AN ATTORNEY I HAD HIRED, AND THEN COMPOUNDED ISSUE BY NOT RELINQUISHING RECORDS TO ME SO THAT I COULD CORRECT THE PROBLEM WITH A FINANCIAL PLANNER. MISMANAGEMENT ON BRANCH LEVEL AS WELL AS POORLY TRAINED STAFF WITH NO BUSINESS EXPERIENCE AS WELL AS BEING VERY RUDE. IT APPEARS THAT MONEY WAS MISDIRECTED AND THEY MISHANDLED THE SITUATION. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS BANK.

Fees On Top Of Fees...

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 2, 2011

They are charging fees on top of fees, causing my account to go into a negative amount.

Bad Banking By TD

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 27, 2011

It was very good when it was commerce bank. TD reduced number of employees, making you wait on queue for ever. Also start charging on ATM's, which was free with commerce. They bought, and are killing, a good bank.

I Love Their Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 24, 2010

I only have a student checking account with them, so I can only speak to my experience with that.

Every time I've called TD Bank (previously BankNorth, when I signed up), they have answered my phone call RIGHT AWAY (no hold time at all!) and the person I talk to has been super helpful. In the past, they answered all my questions about using my bankcard while abroad, and I appreciated them for never making me wait to talk to a person.

In the present, I've moved the west coast, and no longer find it convenient to have a bank on the east coast. I can bank by mail, which I did once and was easy/no problems.

What makes me really happy though, is that I recently overdrew my account by several hundred dollars (wrote a rent check from the wrong check book). My account paid it and I was assessed overdraft fees, which were refunded within the same billing cycle. I didn't even have to ASK!

However, after I mailed my check in to cover the balance that I overdrew by, on my next statement, I was charged a "sustained overdraft fee." I called today to see if they could remove it, and my promptly answered phone call was met with a super friendly customer service rep, who basically refunded it, no questions asked. She even said that if I want to close the account, just to wait for the refund to go through then call back. WAY EASIER and FRIENDLIER than getting overdraft fees refunding from my other bank -- US Bank. All of this in less than a 5 minute phone call.

TD Bank, I will miss your friendly, responsive customer service. I am sad that you aren't on the west coast yet.

Surprise Fees And No Options

Posted by: pandora | Aug 23, 2010

I recently closed an account with this bank because of a surprise fee they tacked on. I had a simple checking account with TD that had a very low balance as it was not my primary account. I got my latest statement the other day and noticed a $15 maintenance fee. When I called to find out what this was for, I was met with a very nasty lady who told me that I should have read the pamphlet over a year ago. I was told that for the first year the checking account was free, then after that, if you don't keep a certain balance, you are charged $15 per month. I closed the account as soon as I found out about this. How can they get away with charging me for not having a certain amount in there?! It's as absurd as the $35 per item charge for not having enough money in the account to cover for the charge.

And that brings me to no options. I was never asked if I wanted to opt in or out of the overdraft protection services they offer. I also have an account with Sovereign bank and every time I called or went on their website I was asked if I wanted to opt in to the service. I stated no since I'd rather have my card declined than to pay the fees. TD does not do this and automatically opts their customers in. Over the course of one year this bank has made over $5000 from my husband and me in overdraft fees. That's more than some of my friend's paychecks who work part time in retail!