Texell Credit Union Reviews

I Kid You Not, They Won't Tell You What The Early Withdrawal Penalty Is For Their Cds

I really wanted to become a member of Texell and buy their 5 year CD, but nowhere on their website does it list the early withdrawal penalty (typically expressed in "days of interest"). If you call them, they say it's a calculation based on how much you withdraw and when. If you ask them for that formula, they say they can't give it to you.

It's the first I've come across this and not even sure it's legal (to enter into a contract where they tell you what the terms are later). Anyway, best to avoid!

Great Credit Union!

I always receive great service at Texell. I love that I can deposit check from my phone and that their debit card earns rewards. Glad I made the switch to Texell a few years ago.

Stay Away, There Are A Lot Of Credit Unions That They Actually Care About Keeping Their Members Business

Not a great credit union. It's all about how much they can collect fees. Every bank gives you a first time waiver. But not them. And every credit union offer you a skip a pay around the holidays, but not texell they actually charge you a fee for skip a pay. It's pathetic .

GOOD RATES- BAD SERVICE

They just raised my cc rate . Never received notice- just saw it on the website.
Been holding 10 minutes for customer service and there's 14 callers ahead of me.
I've also sent emails from their website that they never reply to.
Like I said- good rates for the most part but horrible/ non existent customer service.

Honest And Simple Credit Union

Texell's good people.  They have competitive rates, especially compared to Bell County.  They aren't quite the best in Williamson county, but the difference is minimal and the employees know the customers a lot better.

The previous reviewer is right: the car warranties do not cover existing conditions on the car (so you can't buy a broken car and a warranty and get a windfall).  I think that's fair, and I think the 30 day waiting period for claims is reasonable, but people might disagree on that.  The warranties are actually not very expensive compared to the warranties auto dealers offer.  Austintacious autos offered a warranty that was essentially identical to the American Mercury warranty Texell offered for the same car, but it was more than double the price.  American Mercury has good reviews online, but you do need to do your homework and read the warranty before you agree to buy it, which can be difficult these days as a lot of us negotiate our auto loan over the phone while shopping for cars.

Anyway, Texell's got good people, but they are given bonuses for selling products like warranties and getting a lot of loans.  I think that's pretty typical for loan officers, but Texell was willing to explain to me exactly how it works, which seems really honest to me.

Cheapskate that I am, I took all my business to UFCU, an Austin favorite credit union, because their rates are better than Texells across the board.  Unfortunately, UFCU's service was inferior to Texell's where I always know the people I'm dealing with, such as Deb, Samantha, Dustin, and Joy at the HEB in Leander.  Every time I have a problem with UFCU, they tell me to go home and fix it with their website (even if the problem IS the website).  Every time I had an issue with my Texell account, they made sure the problem was fixed before I left the branch.  Texell is the little guy, so they can't afford to treat their members like they are disposable.  I regret making that change and will probably come back when my auto loan is paid down to the point I can refinance.

Texell Credit Union Fraudulent Car Warranty

Beware vehicle warranty!

Don't get ripped off by the extended vehicle warranty that Texell credit union "automatically" tags on to your vehicle loan under the misguided logic that your interest rate will go up if you don't take it. It is a total rip off. It does not begin to cover you until 30 days or 1000 miles AFTER you sign the papers! And lest I forget, they don't bother to get the paperwork back to you until you are well into this time period. DO NOT opt for this worthless warranty! The very inexperienced and script reciting loan reps must be working on a bonus system for how many of these bogus warranties they tack onto people's loan applications. Be aware! Be very aware!