T-Mobile Money Reviews

Don't Sign Up With This Bank!!!!

I signed up with this bank 6 months ago, but started using it as my regular bank 4 months ago. No problems until a few days ago when they suddenly "restricted" my account with no explanation despite 3 phone calls and/or emails. Now I can't receive my direct deposit paycheck in the account and I can't use it to pay bills. Fortunately I have a backup account at a different bank. I would consider using this as a savings account like other reviewers suggested but I'm so fed up with this "bank", I will close out this account as soon as possible.

Horrible. Over 10 Day Hold On Funds

Horrible checking account. This bank may be ok to use as a set aside/savings but if you need your funds available within 2 or 3 days to live, pay bills, groceries, etc. you'll starve or have electricity cut off because they will hold deposit for over 10 days. Even a u.s. postal money order which by law is supposed to be posted the next business day. It is beyond ridiculous to hold usps money order that long. I certainty wouldn't trust them with any large deposit amounts and certainly wouldn't trust them with a direct deposit of my paycheck. If they will hijack a lousy $300.00 money order, which is almost like cash, for 10, 15, 30 days (and oh yeah, it says in their terms they can hold a deposit up to 60 days!) for their
own use to make money off your money I can only imagine the games they will play with large deposits.
Closing this account down immediately, I can't afford to have my money tied up for over 10 days. And customer service is a joke, don't even bother.

Not Liking T Mobile Money

I opened this account at the end of Aug. So far I do not like it. I was drawn to it because of the 4.0 only to find the Max is 3k. Ok, so decided to use it as an escrow account. My major Complaints are I cannot connect this account to my main Bank USAA. USAA will not except their Routing number. I can connect to USAA from Mobile Money to Transfer money from my USAA account but not both ways or have to write myself a Check. No problem connecting from other Bank accounts. Thing is when Transferring money from my Accounts, or Depositing a Check into my T Mobile Money Account it is taking more than a week or Two to Credit my Money Account. That’s too Damn long.

This Bank Is A Joke

Stick to a brick and mortar establishment! If an emergency were to happen, you need quick access to your funds. T Mobile Money, powered by Customers Bank offers a lucrative incentive to sign up of a whopping 4% apy, but ultimately, you end up paying for it in the long run. If you want to deposit money, you literally have to jump through several hoops. Customer service is poor and outsourced.
Not affiliated with T-Mobile, so you cant conduct transactions aside from paying your cellular bill.
My opinion? Not worth it.

T-MOBILE MONEY JOKE!! Don’T Deposit Your Money!

T-Mobile Money gets YOUR money, puts a hold on your account claiming it’s under fraud review. When I contacted them (because no one ever let me know) to ask why my account was locked, the only answer I received was my account is being reviewed by their fraud department. The second representative that I spoke with claimed that T-Mobile had sent an email to my email address on file, which to this day I’ve not received. I was on vacation and had no warning my account would be locked for 5 days. I ended up stranded with -0- cents in my pocket, no money to purchase fuel, to buy food or finish enjoying my vacation.
I DO NOT and WILL NOT ever recommend T-Mobile Money Banking to anyone! Horrible customer service! Horrible experience and all because they chose to decide to lock my account. By the way, there were no fraudulent purchases or any other fraudulent activity on my account. Bottom line, there was no reason that my account should have been locked.

Do Not Waste Your Time

Do not sign up with Tmobile Money!!! If your card gets stolen or your account gets hacked, they DO NOT WANT TO GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK! THEY SAY 10 BUSINESS DAYS AND WHEN YOU SUBMIT PAPERWORK. DOES NOT MATTER THEY WILL STILL KEEP YOUR MONEY! ITS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE! GO SOMEWHERE THAT WILL INSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR MONEY.... NOT HERE!!!

Aweful Experience And Not Customer Friendly

I switched to this bank July 2019 because of the advertisement and I am accustomed to online banking. My nightmare started as soon as I started my journey. I made two attempts to deposit a state payroll check via mobile which were rejected because they claim they could not verify the check although the same information for my direct deposit request was on the check. I in turn deposited the check via mobile and it was available within 24 hours. Because I had already set my new bank up to pay bills I then transferred funds to the bank from another bank which I was later informed would be available in 4 business days. 24 days later and my nightmare is still in full effect. The funds that I externally transferred are still not available, Tmobile has not paid my major bills and my account remain in the negative. I have customer service several times and they have did what I have common sense to which is read line by line my transactions but they cannot tell me why all my Bill's presented have been returned unpaid with funds in the bank. This has been the most unfortunate experience that I have had with a bank. If it wasn't too late to stop the direct deposit for 7/35 and 7/29 I would close this account today but I plan to close it on 7/29 on e my funds hit the bank.

Wish I Would Leave A Negative Rating

Deposited a small dollar amount check into my T-Mobile money account and they literally put a 10 business day hold on it and the whole point of this check was to pay off a credit card that my business partner had put charges on and here we are getting dinged by our credit card company now. I'd hate to see the hold they put on deposits on checks from my work....lesson learned for sure never again.

Terrible. Just Terrible.

Stick to cellphones. The employees or clearly TMobile do not have a remote understanding of banking. It's as if a fast food company decided to open and run a 5 star restaurant with the notion - food service is food service, if I can run a drive through I can certainly do this. Customer service is awful. The employees do not seem to have a banking background. Again, I think TMobile felt they could take anyone and "teach" them to work in a banking support role - fail. Use it as a savings account is all I could suggest.

Excellent Bank

I just opened a T-Mobile Money Checking Account via online and it was fast and easy to do. I met all qualifications since I have been a cell phone customer since 2005. First with a flip phone then a smart phone. The site was easy to handle and once all verifications were made, the account was established. I deposited a small amount with the monthly requirement to be done on a regular basis. I received my "card' in the mail yesterday and verified it. I did make one phone call to T-Mobile Money and speak with a customer assistant to see if this can be used as a "debit card" with no fees incurred. I was told yes it can be used as such with no fees incurred but if cash was wanted it had to be at an Allpoint location. Further it was really nice to speak with someone who spoke clearly in ENGLISH. LOL I do not plan to actually use the card until the account becomes more established and then I might try it out at a HEB. I also do not plan to close my existing account with a local bank. I do like the advertised 4% interest rate and will see in a couple of months if it is paying as advertised. So far, so good. Am satisfied at present.