T-Mobile MONEY Reviews

Attention FDIC

First let me say i thought TMobile money would be similiar to chime but boy was i wrong. My son set up account areange for check to be direct deposited and 6 weeks later they have his paychecks and he still has no debit card to access his money. You call cystomer service they tell you set up paypal or google pay to get it since theres some delay on cards being made. He does that which takes 4 days because reminder he dont have his card. Only a routing number and account number. So finally gets that does a test run to send his das money on paypal....and its been pending for a day and still waiting. Mind you 5 phone calls into this he still hasnt had access to a few weeks of his paychecks. How is this even legal FDIC????????? This company is holding peoples money making a profit on that money while their customers cant buy a pack of gum....enough this company needs to be sued.

Restricted My Account ?

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. They are crooks and it takes 4 days to transfer money to Cash App. Almost a month ago disputed an $8 charge on my card. The customer service did not even tell me she was canceling my card. Then after almost 2 weeks I called about my card bc I could not utilize my account to pay a bill or buy groceries or anything. I still have no card and now my account is restricted and I do not see how they can allow an incoming deposit but will not allow me to withdraw my money bc I have no pending transactions, no automatic payments and I owe no overdraft fees . I have had my 2 cars repoed bc I could not pay the bill bc of this crook of a company and can not buy groceries diapers or medicines for my children and grandchildren. I ask for my money to be transfered to another account t and they can't do that they said.

Hold The Funds AND Call For Verification Of A Check... ?

Made a deposit with a totally legitimate check. They said I would have to wait four days for the check to clear. 30 minutes later they reject the check and say they could not reach the writer of the check by phone. One try. If they are going to hold funds anyway, why call the issuer? Not user friendly.

I will keep a minimum on my account for emergencies only when I travel and cannot find a bank where I have deposits. But, nothing more than that.

And, the changed how the 4% is earned in the middle of the game. They really don't care.

Worst Bank Ever

Set up account, waited 2 weeks still no debit card, how am I supposed to make 10 purchases a month without a debit card, made a check deposit with my phone, it was accepted, 3 days no money in my account, terrible bank, messages them that I’m deaf and can’t call and no response, stay far away from this bank

Restricted Account

On Thursday August 5, 2021 I tried to log onto my online account. And to my surprise there was a restriction on my checking account. I called the bank and was informed that T-Mobile Money put a hold on my account because they suspected fraud. So after I confirm the transaction and online bill pay I set up, they said that it was being investigated. It is now Tuesday, and I still do not have access to my money. I have called and of course was told that there is no one in the fraud department to answer the calls. What should I do

Nasty Credit Check Against Depositors (?)

Language on website is that used by financial institutions running applicants through a hard pull--not just for borrowers but depositors. Which should never be necessary except when applying for credit. Hard pulls lower credit scores and prevent banks such as Chase from extending future bonuses. They are also used by fintechs to capture and resell sensitive personal data after declining most applicants for good deals dangled before the unwary. Telcos now run hard pulls against communications applicants ("postpaid") so you can figure this one out easily.

Poor Choice For A Transactional Account

This is a terrible option for a primary checking account and probably shouldn’t be relied on as a transactional account at all. There are a bunch of pitfalls including limitations on transfers originated from the account, no ability to deposit cash (without fees), long holds on deposits, unusually stringent anti-fraud measures and effectively zero customer service.

If you have experience in the high-interest checking/bank account bonus game and have cash you won’t need regular access to you can make it work, it does for me.

My biggest complaint is the lack of Mint integration which is a substantial hassle but ultimately outweighed by this high interest rate, even if you’re not able to take advantage of the higher tier on your first $3k.

Tmobile Money. Is Total ??

They have tied up funds in my account for charges on Amazon which I have contacted Amazon.. they wrote a letter stating that there are no pending transactions. I submitted the letter to TMobile and they still won't take the pending transaction money off. They have tide up my money cash for 10 days!! That's called usage of cash.. not just floating which I'm sure is illegal. Not sure what they think they are doing but as a consumer don't use there shady bank.

Never Get My Veteran Annuities 2 Days Early

Tmobile money states that they can't see information regarding your deposits. Every veteran got paid on the Friday before memorial day. Its June 1 2021 and I just called to see why my money hasn't posted yet. Same thing and it was a supervisor who told me that if they were processed correctly that they will post to your account. It's disability and they don't give two ***** if they inconvenience you or not. I have had them to hold money for my bills on autopay. Post transactions two weeks later to my account but the creditor had already received the funds two weeks earlier. THE SUPERVISOR DON'T FIND ANSWERS THAT YOU NEED. I am a veteran but never treated like one!!!!!!

Enjoy, But Continue To Stay Vigilant

Many of you are enjoying the 1%. Continue to do so but with the understanding you’ll need an exit strategy if and when the rate is reduced. Take a realistic look at what has happened to your other reward checking accounts. There is no magical formula that isolates T-Mobile Money from economic reality. Again, savor the moment but be ready to transfer out and have a new home already in place where your funds will go. And act quickly, lots of funds from lots of customers leaving all at once can have its consequences.

Constant Log In Issues

As much as i wanted to open with them and earn a higher interest, there are just to many issue with the site. So i stayed away. I will take a nice credit union that runs and has no issues and accept a lower payout for the security

Worst Bank Ever

i just got my stimulus check and they cannot deposit into the account cus they need 4 business day my old bank just to make the deposit in less then 30 min

Tmo Money: Don’T Save Here

Yes, 4% is a crazy rate, and going forward, they’ll still offer it—but they are going to make you work for it.

10 debit transactions—rather than $200 deposited— will be required each month, and seems like a transparent attempt to say ‘don’t park money here’. Granted, over $3k its 1%, but using the excuse that its “too hard” for people to save $200/mo is silly.

Expect a hard time if you use your debit at month’s end to get to that magical 10th transaction. Banks are notorious for coming up with ways to do the wrong thing and quote fine print or the like.

Bait And Switch

I set up an account with T-Mobile Money (Customers Bank) solely to take advantage of 4% interest on $3,000. The catch was to make a minimum $200 deposit each month. I transferred $3K in on Feb 1 (yup -- less than 3 weeks ago). I changed payroll automatic deposit to drop $200 in each month. Today (Feb 19) I get an email informing me that T-Mobile Money will be changing qualification for 4% interest from depositing a minimum of $200 per month (because, they state, that's too hard for customers to do -- NO, it's not) to using their debit card a minimum of ten qualifying purchases per month (now, THAT's difficult!) effective March 31, 2021. Bait and Switch. I'll see what happens in the next month or two -- do I get ANY 4% money? And then this account will go away and I'll do something else with my money. Beware of slippery terms and qualifying conditions with this bunch!

!!! Help Help Help !!!

Help help help Where in the world do I cash one of these T-Mobile money checks from it looks like it says bank mobile underneath the part where you put how much it is or whatever, I would really like to know because I don’t never see any kind of checks like these and I just wondered if Walmart customer service with cash app someone please answer please

Unsurpassed Rates, Zero Issues, A Few Caveats

Since switching to Tmobile as a cell provider I've had nothing but positive experience and saved on my monthly bill. So I was incredulous that Tmobile could also offer rates that were the highest FDIC insured in the country - easily 8 times what any other institutions pay - but that's exactly what I've been getting since July of 2020. Free bill pay. Zero fees that I've encountered. A debit card. What's NOT to love?!? I think it's the best kept, small-time investor secret on the planet!

My complaints are few and I've had only one hiccup making deposits, transferring money out, and using bill pay. One recent bill pay didn't go through, but that might have been an issue on my end as I just recently set up the provider and transaction. The other 6 reoccurring transactions to providers have gone through just fine.

One caveat is that it takes a bit longer than typical for transfers to go through if initiated on the T-mobile side. About twice as long. I don't remember actually if transfers initiated from an outside institution have the same delay, but if not, this would be the solution to that hiccup. Even if that delay still exists? It's a small price to pay for such an unheard of, outstanding interest rate.

Another caveat is that in order to earn the 4% rate you have to make a deposit of at least $200 on a monthly basis in order to get this top tier rate. But Tmobile provides automated reoccurring deposits or direct deposit to help in that direction too. Or you can initiate the same from an external account from your outside institution. Since opening my account? I've never missed the 4% rate. Outstanding!

The high interest rate is limited to a balance of $3,000 or under. Rather than being an issue for me I see that as a bonus, especially for those of us who don't have that much money to throw around. Again, park that money elsewhere? You only get a fraction of that interest rate - you make beans actually - I think the next closest offered has been an AMEX savings account at a measly 1%? Hardly worth the effort if all you have is chump change in the account.

I've communicated to customer service twice through the mobile app add received two courteous and timely responses. Speaking of the app - I think it too, is outstanding. Simple, easy on the eyes - gets basic transactions done in a flash.

This account has totally changed my spending and saving thinking too. Here's a recent example. I'm considering purchasing a newer vehicle and in order to lower my monthly payment I was thinking of fronting $3,000 on the purchase. I can finance the vehicle at an attractive 2.89% interest rate. But wait...if I can take that same $3k and EARN 4% at Tmobile why the heck would I pay down the loan when I can make 1% plus otherwise on the difference?!?

I couldn't be much happier with my experience and especially my returns at Tmobile money!

Great Rates -- No Liquid Funds (3.5 Stars)

If you can accept these two caveats, here is why this bank is for you

* Funds held between 5-10 days (5 business days is my experience, YMMV)

* No Wire Transfer setup; Per terms of agreement: T-Mobile MONEY is a digital-only account. This means that there are no branches or physical locations in which we can service your account or accept deposits in person. In addition, we do not provide outgoing wire transfer services at this time.

If these two caveats are a deal breaker for you (and believe me, I hear you), do not open a T-Mobile Money Account.

Now if you have the mentality of using this like a CD, where you should not intend on touching these funds...maybe just a little though, this could be a great account for you. Just say "My Funds Are Not Liquid". Easy like an enema. Blah.

So why four stars? Well I'm unable to give 3.5 so like America, we round up. I like the 4% rate giving $120 max back on $3,000 cap. I also like if you push this account to the FDIC max you are looking at $2,590. There are better ways to earn interest but this is a heavily reduced risk way since the account is insured.

Transferring funds can be a bit of a kerfuffle. Money in takes between 5-10 days. Taking money out you can purchase checks or use the debt card.

When closing the account you can write a check and wait for the money to fund in the new account or contact Customer Support (web) and they respond within 1 business day

Think of it like this; when your money is in a low interest bank, the money is hiring the crew to give you support. When your money moves to a high interest bank, you may find it's more of a DIY bank.

Think about what kind of person you are; does the money need to be liquid or not. If you can say "My Funds Are Not Liquid" and accept this logic, this is the right low risk way to earn up a bit of change.

SO Hard To Get Your Money Out After It Is Deposited

If you are thinking of using a TMobile bank account just be aware that they make it VERY hard to get your money out once it is deposited. There is a $3,000 limit to ACH transfers, going into or out of their bank. When I saw this account offer I thought "this is great, I can fund the account with the FDIC insurance limit and earn 1% on it, safely. One percent is nearly twice what the "real" online banks are now offering. But then I find that online transfers are limited to $3,000 per day, and you can only do a small number of transfers in each month. And unlike most banks, the limits are in force even if you initiate a transfer from one of your linked banks instead of through TMobile. And they accept ONLY incoming wire transfers, not outgoing. So if you put your money in, forget about transferring it out. Imagine putting in $250,000 and then only being able to get it back out by transferring $3,000 a day, and being limited to just a handful of monthly transactions. They get your money deposited, then make it too darn hard to get it out. I soooooo regret starting the account. I just made the assumption that like most online banks, TMobile would NOT limit the dollar amount of transfers that were initiated through the websites of linked banks. Do yourself a favor and don't get lured in by the 1% rate.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

Yes, I understand the 4% is nice. But the services are terrible. I tried to transfer money out, received an email stating it was processed. It was not and they have no system to alert you to failed transfer.

So I called in. First person said I had transferred it, even though it is not at my bank and that my balance was never that high. I’m told there’s nothing I can do. I ask for a supervisor would said my best option was to use one of the checks sent to me. None sent and when I ask how to get them I was told THAT I NEEDED TO FIND A LOCAL PRINTER TO PRINT ANY CHECKS. In other words, I can’t write a check.

Terrible processes, untrained customer service representatives and left wondering where my money is. I pulled all my money out. This isn’t a bank, it’s an investment company. The 4% isn’t worth the hassle.

Excellent Service

I have found this to be an excellent place to put money at a good return rate. Do what T-Mobile says by a monthly minimum deposit, build your account, and draw that good interest. There is no other bank that can match its return. I recommend this to everyone. Keep up the good work. Watch your savings grow. Check available. Debit card available. This works!

Avoid: Too Risky

I was contacted by Tmobile wireless a week ago saying my bank emails were going to the wrong address. They reset my account using an extremely insecure method, which somehow unlinked my Tmobile money account. I have not had access to my Tmobile Money account since. I've been on the phone constantly with Tmobile money and they haven't even emailed me a statement for my records. I just want to get in touch with someone who can move money back to my original bank and close this account and I can't even do that. Writing this while I am on hold. Not surprised others have had problems with hackers/lost money. Customer service knows nothing and doesn't want to help even after they email your personal info to some random person and then mess up your login. Great interest rate, but is it worth being locked out of your account for 7+ days when you need your money?

Nothing About This Bank Is Good

To deposit into this account it is going to cost you 5.00 per cash transaction. Mobile check deposits are held a minimum of 4 business days, or you can mail your check in and it will be held for two business days. That is significant for a bank who raves about convenience.

You can direct deposit funds however don’t get your hopes up that you will be paid 2 days early like they advertise. Your employer typically instructs what date the funds will be made available, the bank held my paycheck until the date I would have been paid if I did not switch banks even though they saw the deposit pending 3 days prior.

The 4% interest rate does not cover the fee to deposit cash or the time you are not able to access funds. They even held back funds wired into my account!

OK But Has Warts

Opened the account with T Mobile. Tried to deposit money but would come to a debit card activation page. Learned that you can't deposit funds until you receive and verify your debit card. Took 5 business days to get the debit card.

$3000 limit on all transactions initiated on T-Mobile. Any deposits initiated via T Mobile takes days to be credited.

No limits on transactions initiated from outside banks and are credited quickly.

NO joint ownership.

The app is a bit quirky.

Have to test doing withdrawals from my Chase checking account.

DON't USE WILL NOT HELP AND CLAIM TYEY KNOW NOTHING!

I tried to deposit 1,378 into my bank at a ATM and the ATM ate the deposit. Well even WITH a receipt t mobile wouldn't help me saying I have to contact the other bank. Did that and just got the run around for 3 weeks. T mobile just says the same thing that they don't have any thing in their computers about it. I gave them everything on my receipt multiple times and now the receipt is illegible because of time, so now I'm definately not getting their help. They won't even reply to my message over the app. Well I've gone to the BBB and an ombudsmen hopefully they can help they got my 1000 back when paypal tried to steal from me. Forget this bank it's not worth the 4%. Funny thing is I can't even get the 4% because I don't have a phone with them.

Stay Away, Money Is In Limbo For 4+ Days

I'm a simple person so I'm going to put this very simply, I use a Federal credit Union as my primary checking account so all of my experiences with T-Mobile money are based off of the stellar experience I have had at a Federal credit Union.

Transactions are not updated in real time and instead take multiple days. You could have five transactions on a Monday and check your balance on Tuesday and Wednesday and the amounts will be different each day because for some reason your transactions are not shown in real time and sometimes not even 24 hours after you make a transaction I find this unacceptable because with Federal credit Union my transactions are posted in real time.

I connected my credit union and T-Mobile money to transfer money from my credit union to T-Mobile money. while the money came out of my Federal credit Union immediately it has been four days and the money has still not posted to T-Mobile money yet. so not only is the money not in my primary bank account but it's also not in my T-Mobile money account so for 4 days I have been without the money that was used to transfer. I find this unacceptable and for this reason alone I will not be using this anymore.

Checking Account

This banker is a bunch of THIEVES!!!! Be ware !! I mailed in a check for over $10,000+ that was issued to me in my name and this bank has informed me that they could not deposit my check into my checking account and have since returned the check.... problem is they cannot provide the address of where they returned my check and they refuse to talk with me stating I use abusive language.... the nerve of T-Money! Then I was to have a replacement card issued because T-Money allowed an unauthorized transaction take place by way of scammers and $500 went missing from my checking account with very little hopes of having a successful transaction dispute! Now the replacement card can not be located and T-Money records show the card was mailed out 8/21/20 and today is 9/13/20 and T-Money can not verify what address they mailed my card to!!!! So now my $10,000+ check is lost along with my replacement debit card so now I cannot access the $1,397 I have in my checking account all while trying to survive during this pandemic!!!!! SHAMELESS BANKER THAT WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT ANSWER ANY VALID QUESTION!!!!!! Your money is not safe dealing with these crooks

Don't Waste Your Time

Tmobile money is a startup joke. Customer service reps have no knowledge and will only give you the standard party line response because they don't really know. Bank mobile will terminate accounts without prior notification or reason claiming they can do that per their terms of service. Strange thing to do to an account that was open less than 24 hours and had no money transactions......
beware. There are other digital banking solutions out there that are better, Don't fall for the golden carrot they are dangling.....

These Guys Are Pretty LAME..

The minute you have any sort of question for customer service where they can't read from a script.... it's over. You will get nothing.

And their customer service is notably terrible. They are a bunch of teleworkers who talk to you distantly on speakerphone.... don't know ANYTHING beyond their script, and repeat themselves over and over.

There is not a legitimate escalation process. It's just multiple layers of script readers.

They basically don't care if your concern is addressed.

Worst Bank Ever.

Worst bank ever. I have the bank with T-Mobile from the day it was first offered. I deposited a $2000 check, then they blocked all usage to my account for two weeks. I have spoken with a T-Mobile money specialist every day for a week. Their excuse is they're not sure they will receive the $2000, yet they've already received it. I even sent in screenshots of my other bank account showing the $2000 had already been deposited. Regretfully I had also set up a direct deposit. I was placed in the embarrassing situation where I had to call my landlord and explain why my rent would be late. My advice is, unless you can afford to go weeks without your money do not use T-Mobile money

Terrible And Unprofessional

I work for T-Mobile so naturally I opened a T-Mobile money account when I had gotten the chance. It wasn’t open for even a month, haven’t even set up direct deposit like I planned yet, before the T-Mobile money security team closed my account without reason. I’ve been calling the customer service number for a duration of nine months since my initial account was created in November and every time it’s the same answer. “Sorry, we have no information and can’t do a thing.” I’m basically shit out of luck and have no idea why. There’s absolutely no way to contact the security team to find out what the heck happened so I can fix it and I can’t create a new account at all. Horrible experience. Would not recommend. And I work for T-Mobile, I’m so very disappointed.

Very Deceptive, And Not Worth The Trouble

Not worth the effort since the 4% interest rate does not exist unless you have a T-Mobile Wireless Account.
I signed up and it was very quick and easy….perhaps because I once had a T-Mobile Wireless Account that I closed about 5 years ago???
I think anybody can open the account, but you will only get 1% interest unless you have a qualifying T-Mobile Wireless account. The fact that you need a T-Mobile Wireless PostPaid plan to qualify for the higher interest rate is cleverly disguised on their website.
I did not notice this until I tried to add $1000. into my new T-Mobile Money Account but could not? It kept saying that my deposit amount exceeded the daily limit? Right about where I entered my deposit amount it clearly states the daily limit is $3000. ?????
I contacted T-Mobile Money and was informed that because I was not a T-Mobile Wireless customer, I was limited to $300. Daily.
I am in the process now of removing all my money from T-Mobile Money and closing my account.
This is exactly why I closed my old T-Mobile Wireless account years ago….. Poor customer service, double talk and little hidden “Gotcha Clauses”

Great Savings Account

I don't use this account to do regular banking, just for savings. No fees, 4% up to $3k and 1% after that is better than you find almost anywhere and the req'ts are simple if you're already a tmobile customer. Easy to transfer money in and out.

Refused An Account - No Cust Svc

So, I applied for an account and was refused. They REFUSE to say why and attempting to find out is the same as running into a brick wall, but with worse outcome.

They say they DON'T have to provide information .. because. Simply, if you were refused, try again later, and see what happens.

So if there's a problem, or an error - you will NEVER be able to correct it.

This Bank Sucks

Made a check deposit on Wednesday last week. 200 on Friday available. It’s now Tuesday when funds are to be available in the account. Waiting for then to clear the checks and make funds. Call and they tell me it should have been done already but it wouldn’t be available until tomorrow 7 days after deposit. Oh, and there’s no one who can do anything about it. It’s the system and they don’t have control over the system. What the hell are you here for then? Do not use them as a real bank. Just a back up and for the high return only. They suck.

Don't Sign Up With This Bank!!!!

I signed up with this bank 6 months ago, but started using it as my regular bank 4 months ago. No problems until a few days ago when they suddenly "restricted" my account with no explanation despite 3 phone calls and/or emails. Now I can't receive my direct deposit paycheck in the account and I can't use it to pay bills. Fortunately I have a backup account at a different bank. I would consider using this as a savings account like other reviewers suggested but I'm so fed up with this "bank", I will close out this account as soon as possible.

Horrible. Over 10 Day Hold On Funds

Horrible checking account. This bank may be ok to use as a set aside/savings but if you need your funds available within 2 or 3 days to live, pay bills, groceries, etc. you'll starve or have electricity cut off because they will hold deposit for over 10 days. Even a u.s. postal money order which by law is supposed to be posted the next business day. It is beyond ridiculous to hold usps money order that long. I certainty wouldn't trust them with any large deposit amounts and certainly wouldn't trust them with a direct deposit of my paycheck. If they will hijack a lousy $300.00 money order, which is almost like cash, for 10, 15, 30 days (and oh yeah, it says in their terms they can hold a deposit up to 60 days!) for their
own use to make money off your money I can only imagine the games they will play with large deposits.
Closing this account down immediately, I can't afford to have my money tied up for over 10 days. And customer service is a joke, don't even bother.

Definitely Best As A Savings

Deposits take a day longer to clear than other banks and they don't even show you how much is pending, only the total check amount is shown in your transactions and your have to wait 3 days it seems to clear, 2 full days to get the first $200. Every bill pay arrived late, check orders at Walmart kept getting cancelled until their support said I couldn't order from them with no caveats explained up front. You can't deposit cash into any ATM, period, and have weird out of the way places for free ATM's

So, I just have $100 of my pay every 2 weeks go there to meet the qualifications for the 4% interest and the rest go to my old Credit Union and am back using their checking and get to keep a separate debit card for my savings with T Mobile Money.

Not Liking T Mobile Money

I opened this account at the end of Aug. So far I do not like it. I was drawn to it because of the 4.0 only to find the Max is 3k. Ok, so decided to use it as an escrow account. My major Complaints are I cannot connect this account to my main Bank USAA. USAA will not except their Routing number. I can connect to USAA from Mobile Money to Transfer money from my USAA account but not both ways or have to write myself a Check. No problem connecting from other Bank accounts. Thing is when Transferring money from my Accounts, or Depositing a Check into my T Mobile Money Account it is taking more than a week or Two to Credit my Money Account. That’s too Damn long.

This Bank Is A Joke

Stick to a brick and mortar establishment! If an emergency were to happen, you need quick access to your funds. T Mobile Money, powered by Customers Bank offers a lucrative incentive to sign up of a whopping 4% apy, but ultimately, you end up paying for it in the long run. If you want to deposit money, you literally have to jump through several hoops. Customer service is poor and outsourced.
Not affiliated with T-Mobile, so you cant conduct transactions aside from paying your cellular bill.
My opinion? Not worth it.

T-MOBILE MONEY JOKE!! Don’T Deposit Your Money!

T-Mobile Money gets YOUR money, puts a hold on your account claiming it’s under fraud review. When I contacted them (because no one ever let me know) to ask why my account was locked, the only answer I received was my account is being reviewed by their fraud department. The second representative that I spoke with claimed that T-Mobile had sent an email to my email address on file, which to this day I’ve not received. I was on vacation and had no warning my account would be locked for 5 days. I ended up stranded with -0- cents in my pocket, no money to purchase fuel, to buy food or finish enjoying my vacation.
I DO NOT and WILL NOT ever recommend T-Mobile Money Banking to anyone! Horrible customer service! Horrible experience and all because they chose to decide to lock my account. By the way, there were no fraudulent purchases or any other fraudulent activity on my account. Bottom line, there was no reason that my account should have been locked.

Do Not Waste Your Time

Do not sign up with Tmobile Money!!! If your card gets stolen or your account gets hacked, they DO NOT WANT TO GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK! THEY SAY 10 BUSINESS DAYS AND WHEN YOU SUBMIT PAPERWORK. DOES NOT MATTER THEY WILL STILL KEEP YOUR MONEY! ITS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE! GO SOMEWHERE THAT WILL INSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR MONEY.... NOT HERE!!!

Aweful Experience And Not Customer Friendly

I switched to this bank July 2019 because of the advertisement and I am accustomed to online banking. My nightmare started as soon as I started my journey. I made two attempts to deposit a state payroll check via mobile which were rejected because they claim they could not verify the check although the same information for my direct deposit request was on the check. I in turn deposited the check via mobile and it was available within 24 hours. Because I had already set my new bank up to pay bills I then transferred funds to the bank from another bank which I was later informed would be available in 4 business days. 24 days later and my nightmare is still in full effect. The funds that I externally transferred are still not available, Tmobile has not paid my major bills and my account remain in the negative. I have customer service several times and they have did what I have common sense to which is read line by line my transactions but they cannot tell me why all my Bill's presented have been returned unpaid with funds in the bank. This has been the most unfortunate experience that I have had with a bank. If it wasn't too late to stop the direct deposit for 7/35 and 7/29 I would close this account today but I plan to close it on 7/29 on e my funds hit the bank.

Wish I Would Leave A Negative Rating

Deposited a small dollar amount check into my T-Mobile money account and they literally put a 10 business day hold on it and the whole point of this check was to pay off a credit card that my business partner had put charges on and here we are getting dinged by our credit card company now. I'd hate to see the hold they put on deposits on checks from my work....lesson learned for sure never again.

Checking Account That I Use As A Savings Account

I've had T-Mobile Money for a couple of months and I decided to stop using it on a regular basis and use it at as a savings account especially with the 4% APY. I've called customer service a couple times and never had an issue with them; both calls were less than 10 minutes to help me. Loving this account, my APY is higher on T-Mobile Money then my actual savings account.

Terrible. Just Terrible.

Stick to cellphones. The employees or clearly TMobile do not have a remote understanding of banking. It's as if a fast food company decided to open and run a 5 star restaurant with the notion - food service is food service, if I can run a drive through I can certainly do this. Customer service is awful. The employees do not seem to have a banking background. Again, I think TMobile felt they could take anyone and "teach" them to work in a banking support role - fail. Use it as a savings account is all I could suggest.

Excellent Bank

I just opened a T-Mobile Money Checking Account via online and it was fast and easy to do. I met all qualifications since I have been a cell phone customer since 2005. First with a flip phone then a smart phone. The site was easy to handle and once all verifications were made, the account was established. I deposited a small amount with the monthly requirement to be done on a regular basis. I received my "card' in the mail yesterday and verified it. I did make one phone call to T-Mobile Money and speak with a customer assistant to see if this can be used as a "debit card" with no fees incurred. I was told yes it can be used as such with no fees incurred but if cash was wanted it had to be at an Allpoint location. Further it was really nice to speak with someone who spoke clearly in ENGLISH. LOL I do not plan to actually use the card until the account becomes more established and then I might try it out at a HEB. I also do not plan to close my existing account with a local bank. I do like the advertised 4% interest rate and will see in a couple of months if it is paying as advertised. So far, so good. Am satisfied at present.