UMB Bank, National Association Reviews

Dealing With A Phony Business

Posted by: maryBlair | May 18, 2019

I accidently ordered a medication by mistake online at Nutrition Hacks.com in early March and have been in dispute with UMB ever since then. I sent five pages of people complaining about Dr. Andrew Rapaso. I have an additional thirty pages of bad review on him. Doctors here in the United States are warning their patients that those medication from overseas are not FDA approved and could be deadly. My bank doesn't care about any of that. They are sending him the $189.95 anyway. He lives Barbasdo in a 12.8 Million house.UMB would rather do business with a phony business who doesn't even send what you request most of the time. UMB bank knew that my social security check doesn't come in until the 4th Wednesday of the month so this has cost my account being over draft plus they will probably charge me so much everyday until my money gets in. They think I am playing around when I told them if it happens I will change banks. I even wrote how I will do it. I've been a customer of this bank since 1997. A word of advice DO NOT TELL THEM WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY DO A TRANSACTIONLIKE THIS. THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HONEST PEOPLE JUST DISHONEST PEOPLE.

Incompetent Employees, Terrible Online Banking

Posted by: SATlady | Apr 24, 2019

=UMB Bank is awful. Have tried for 6 months to get on onlline banking. Each time they say Online Banking not available at this time. Finally got a customer service person to enroll me in online banking. ;;. Next time I tried get on, security questions came up that NO WAY I had put on there. So of course I couldn't answer them. I am cancelling this Money Market account.

TERRIBLE I Would Avoid At All Costs

Posted by: kaplan539 | Apr 4, 2019

Trying to rollover my funds from UMB to Fidelity. In the fine print each company has 30 days to process the rollover. I originally requested the transfer in January and its April. Guess what, the funds still haven't transferred!! They are no longer in either account and some middle man has the money. In the process of all of this, UMB continued to charge me $5 fees/month. Seriously, you suck!!

Hidden Fees

Posted by: adamp | Mar 22, 2019

The worst bank I have ever used. I had an HSA with UMB bank. There was only a small amount in the account so I did not check it often. I logged in to find that they UMB had taken $250 in BS fees which they did not disclose when I opened the account. Totally untrustworthy. Do not use this bank!

Hidden Fees

Posted by: Woz2000 | Oct 21, 2017

UBM handles my HSA account through my employer and I cannot change, otherwise I would close the account immediately. They instituted a new fee recently, but instead of sending out a separate notice, they tucked a single sentence about the fee in their boilerplate statement enclosures which no one ever reads. They have refused to credit the fee...I have filed complaint with Attorney General.

Bad Experience With UMB Health Savings Account (HSA)

Posted by: SYC | May 3, 2017

UMB Bank was VERY slow in processing my HSA account Direct Transfer request to close my account. UMB Healthcare Services took more than 14 days to close my HSA account after receiving my Direct Transfer request. After debiting my HSA account to close it and without giving any interest for the account balance for the current period, UMB took ANOTHER 8 days to print and mail the check with my HSA account balance to my new HSA provider.

Can't believe it took UMB 8 days to print a check after UMB had debited my account and had the money!

I Wish I Could Give Them A Negative Number

do not have an account with this bank. you will be sorry.

Wow Did This Just Happened?

My name is Jan Michel. I walked into a Price Chopper on N. Oak and Vivion Rd. In N. Kansas City. This grocery store has a UMB branch in it. I inquired about opening an account. I had 2 forms of I'D and $500.00 in my pocket to be used to open an account. After waiting for about 15 minutes for an employee of the branch I got greeted. I inquired about an account. The lady replied with this exactly word for word. " We can't open any accounts today anymore because we are too busy." At first I was like haha funny. But was shocked to find out the lady was absolutely 100% serious. With a complete blank mind I just walked away. The bank does not want my money because it is too busy. Ok. OK fine I won't beg. 6:4pm on March 24th of the year 2014

Review For UMB Bank Branch On Battlefield In Springfield, MO

Posted by: RVH | Oct 26, 2011

I have had an account at this branch for a little over a year.  I have only once had a pleasant and helpful teller. They are very rude.  When they explain their reasons for why they can't do a certain transaction, they talk down to you. They left me waiting in the drive thru for 20 minutes without an explanation......all I was doing was a deposit!  Will be moving my business to another bank!!