UMB Bank, National Association Reviews

Awful Banking

I use to like this bank, now I hate it. I feel like they double charge me for stuff I’ve already paid for. Then when I call in about my account the only thing they do is review my transactions history, no route cause to the problem. Then once a month I will get a credit out the blue, then the credit goes away and my account is some how negative... To top it off I used they’re mobile direct deposit smh why did I do that, another horrible experience. They send me a email saying hey your deposit was received and approved so I go to check my account they only released $200 of my money!! Then told me I have to wait another day for the rest of my money. At this point I’m over this bank. I will be closing the accounts soon and moving to a different bank!!

UMB - HSA Simply The Worst

Worst HSA bank ever. I will be reporting them to The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Awful Experience

My HSA account with UMB was a disaster. Their employees are unhelpful and apathetic. I made numerous attempts several years in a row to make deposits and both experiences were a waste of time. I finally moved my balance and was able to make a full year’s deposit at once into HSA BANK. Their customer service was fantastic and easy. Be weary of this bank. They simply do not care about you. By the way...this is the first negative review I have ever posted anywhere...ever. UMB is that bad.

Hidden Fees!

Had an HSA account for 2 months as UMB was the provider for my new employer. Fortunately we changed from UMB. I happened to review my statement. UMB was charging $2.95/month service charge. I only use HSA for incidental health-related services. Found out that you will be charged this unless your account is over $3K. Cancelled my account, got the form and sent in. THEN found out they charged me $25 to close the account!!! So basically I paid $4.90x2 in service fees and $25 in closing costs for ZERO benefits of using UMB. Supposedly am going to get a response call from a supervisor. Still waiting for that. Avoid this company. They will rip you off!!

UMB Money Market Savings

I was pleased with my experience at UMB until I had to close my savings account. I opened the account when UMB offered a promotional interest rate guaranteed for 1 year that was very good. At years end they had no other promo rates available and my interest was going to drop significantly. I found another bank offering a good interest rate and decided to move my account. When I closed the account with UMB I found out that they keep whatever interest is accrued if you close your account in between when it is posted each month. They had full use of my money for that time but kept my interest. I have have never had another bank do this to me before.

Dealing With A Phony Business

I accidently ordered a medication by mistake online at Nutrition Hacks.com in early March and have been in dispute with UMB ever since then. I sent five pages of people complaining about Dr. Andrew Rapaso. I have an additional thirty pages of bad review on him. Doctors here in the United States are warning their patients that those medication from overseas are not FDA approved and could be deadly. My bank doesn't care about any of that. They are sending him the $189.95 anyway. He lives Barbasdo in a 12.8 Million house.UMB would rather do business with a phony business who doesn't even send what you request most of the time. UMB bank knew that my social security check doesn't come in until the 4th Wednesday of the month so this has cost my account being over draft plus they will probably charge me so much everyday until my money gets in. They think I am playing around when I told them if it happens I will change banks. I even wrote how I will do it. I've been a customer of this bank since 1997. A word of advice DO NOT TELL THEM WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY DO A TRANSACTIONLIKE THIS. THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HONEST PEOPLE JUST DISHONEST PEOPLE.

Incompetent Employees, Terrible Online Banking

=UMB Bank is awful. Have tried for 6 months to get on onlline banking. Each time they say Online Banking not available at this time. Finally got a customer service person to enroll me in online banking. ;;. Next time I tried get on, security questions came up that NO WAY I had put on there. So of course I couldn't answer them. I am cancelling this Money Market account.

TERRIBLE I Would Avoid At All Costs

Trying to rollover my funds from UMB to Fidelity. In the fine print each company has 30 days to process the rollover. I originally requested the transfer in January and its April. Guess what, the funds still haven't transferred!! They are no longer in either account and some middle man has the money. In the process of all of this, UMB continued to charge me $5 fees/month. Seriously, you suck!!

Hidden Fees

The worst bank I have ever used. I had an HSA with UMB bank. There was only a small amount in the account so I did not check it often. I logged in to find that they UMB had taken $250 in BS fees which they did not disclose when I opened the account. Totally untrustworthy. Do not use this bank!

Lots Of Fees And Nothing Else.

Updated 2/8/21
I previously posted about their hidden fees and attempts to hide them. For those fees, you would think they offer some decent service and products. WRONG. So when I lost my job recently, I took the opportunity to transfer my HSA account out. This is taking over a month. In this day and age, there is no reason to take so long...except maybe to collect another month of fees.

Bad Experience With UMB Health Savings Account (HSA)

UMB Bank was VERY slow in processing my HSA account Direct Transfer request to close my account. UMB Healthcare Services took more than 14 days to close my HSA account after receiving my Direct Transfer request. After debiting my HSA account to close it and without giving any interest for the account balance for the current period, UMB took ANOTHER 8 days to print and mail the check with my HSA account balance to my new HSA provider.

Can't believe it took UMB 8 days to print a check after UMB had debited my account and had the money!

I Wish I Could Give Them A Negative Number

do not have an account with this bank. you will be sorry.

Wow Did This Just Happened?

My name is Jan Michel. I walked into a Price Chopper on N. Oak and Vivion Rd. In N. Kansas City. This grocery store has a UMB branch in it. I inquired about opening an account. I had 2 forms of I'D and $500.00 in my pocket to be used to open an account. After waiting for about 15 minutes for an employee of the branch I got greeted. I inquired about an account. The lady replied with this exactly word for word. " We can't open any accounts today anymore because we are too busy." At first I was like haha funny. But was shocked to find out the lady was absolutely 100% serious. With a complete blank mind I just walked away. The bank does not want my money because it is too busy. Ok. OK fine I won't beg. 6:4pm on March 24th of the year 2014

Review For UMB Bank Branch On Battlefield In Springfield, MO

I have had an account at this branch for a little over a year.  I have only once had a pleasant and helpful teller. They are very rude.  When they explain their reasons for why they can't do a certain transaction, they talk down to you. They left me waiting in the drive thru for 20 minutes without an explanation......all I was doing was a deposit!  Will be moving my business to another bank!!