United States Senate Federal Credit Union Reviews

Very Good Customer Service

I opened account online. Customer Service is really good and prompt. Best part is send a secure messages from their website.

Website is easy to use, you can setup lot of alerts. I hope they will have two factor authentication with text message.

Using Credit Card To Join

When I joined the USSFCU I was told I needed to pay a small fee to join. I was told I "could use a credit card." That is all I was told. NO ONE ever told me it would be a cash advance. I was hit with totally unexpected additional fees from my credit card company. I thought it was just like buying something online and using a credit card.

When I complained to the USSFCU about this they said they tell everyone there may be additional fees. I replied that they NEVER told me that and asked iF they have a recording of the conversation. They don't care. Be advised.

Absolute Worst Fees Ever!

The only credit union ever to require a cash advance to open an account. Every other bank opened with a transfer from another bank. The USSFCU method cost me $20 in cash advance fees. Plus they charged a $2 non-recoverable fee to open an account. Worst part is that when the account was approved I never got any notice. Had to see this myself on the application site and then call them only to find they created an ID and password but never gave it to me. Customer service is horrible and I regret dealing with them.

So a month later I see USSFCU is still killing customers with their fees. I transferred $250,000 into my account there and USSFCU charged me $10 TO ACCEPT IT!!!! The initiating bank charged me nothing. $10 to accept a quarter of a million? The last straw was a charge of $28 because I set up an external transfer account and when that bank recovered their 48 cents of trial deposits, USSFCU charged me yet another fee! $28 to recover $.48? So I am now done with USSFCU. I told them not a penny more and believe me, their stupid policies cost them a lot of money, now going to their competition.

Love This CU

I love the personal attention I get from this credit union. When you call in or stop by a branch, everyone is so friendly and willing to help you in every way they can. I have an auto loan with USSFCU and they helped me out every step of the way. They even walked me through setting up online banking and their mobile app. Now I have direct deposits into my checking and auto payments set up so I can simply set it and forget it. It is so convenient and has really simplified my life. I would recommend USSFCU to anyone.

Worst CU Ever

This is the worst credit union I have ever dealt with. Their online banking portal does not reflect accurate information and they don't really care. All they will tell you is to refer to your statements. Well I have opted OUT of paper statements, so apparently I have to long on, pull up copies of paper statements and go by that, NOT what the home screen tells me. Horrible Credit Union. Save yourself a lot of headache and go someplace else.

Delay In Joining USSFCU

Just got off the phone with customer service. USSFCU seems like a good credit union, however, they will not guarantee the promotional CD rate until they confirm your membership with United States Capitol Historical Society, and that could take a week or more. The rate probably will change October 1, so you probably will not be able to get the September rate.