United States Senate Federal Credit Union Reviews

Using Credit Card To Join

When I joined the USSFCU I was told I needed to pay a small fee to join. I was told I "could use a credit card." That is all I was told. NO ONE ever told me it would be a cash advance. I was hit with totally unexpected additional fees from my credit card company. I thought it was just like buying something online and using a credit card.

When I complained to the USSFCU about this they said they tell everyone there may be additional fees. I replied that they NEVER told me that and asked iF they have a recording of the conversation. They don't care. Be advised.

Love This CU

I love the personal attention I get from this credit union. When you call in or stop by a branch, everyone is so friendly and willing to help you in every way they can. I have an auto loan with USSFCU and they helped me out every step of the way. They even walked me through setting up online banking and their mobile app. Now I have direct deposits into my checking and auto payments set up so I can simply set it and forget it. It is so convenient and has really simplified my life. I would recommend USSFCU to anyone.

Worst CU Ever

This is the worst credit union I have ever dealt with. Their online banking portal does not reflect accurate information and they don't really care. All they will tell you is to refer to your statements. Well I have opted OUT of paper statements, so apparently I have to long on, pull up copies of paper statements and go by that, NOT what the home screen tells me. Horrible Credit Union. Save yourself a lot of headache and go someplace else.

Credit Union Helped Me

I started my first job in the United States Senate and my paycheck was deposited into the United States Senate Federal Credit Union. I had never had two nickels to rub together and the credit union helped me save money. The credit union had great advisors who helped me plan for retirement by starting an IRA so I could have many options for investing for the future. The credit union has branches both in D.C. and in the suburbs where I lived so I could get cash from the ATM.They also made it super easy for me to transfer money to my family. Mostly, I loved the advice since I was so inexperienced and I became friends with the staff. Having advice was crucial for me and getting advice from the credit union made me feel like I was protected. Later, I had bank accounts with other banks that were always trying to sell me services and products that I didn't want or need. The credit union was more honest and objective and so I felt like I was being looked after like an equal, not treated like a cow to milk like the ripoff banks.

Delay In Joining USSFCU

Just got off the phone with customer service. USSFCU seems like a good credit union, however, they will not guarantee the promotional CD rate until they confirm your membership with United States Capitol Historical Society, and that could take a week or more. The rate probably will change October 1, so you probably will not be able to get the September rate.