University Credit Union (ME) Reviews

UCU Credit Union Maine

Worst credit union ever! Took 600 out of my checking account without warning because a mistake they made last summer. I had to research this myself because they refused to offer a reason. Always treated very badly by these people I am glad I am going to another banking institution. I wish I had done this sooner.

Tried To Open A Business Account Here

Wow, what a run around. Wanted too much cumbersome and unnecessary paperwork just to open a business checking account. Eventually decided to go to a local traditional bank where we got excellent and prompt service. Opened an account right away with one tenth of the hassle. UCU seemed to not want our business, but the other bank sure did! Will never attempt to do business there again.

University CU Delivers a Great Banking Solution

University Credit Union, a credit union for any students, faculty, alumni, or family involved with any of the schools in the University of Maine system, is a great alternative to a bank and a great option for anyone attending one of the UMaine schools. They have locations near all the schools, making it convenient and easy to speak to someone if needed. They have many unique account options that help stretch your dollar, such as offering either 1.5% interest or iTunes gift cards every month that you use your card at least a dozen times and refunding ATM fees. The only downside is their mobile apps look like they're from 2007, but they still function perfectly so it's a minor complaint for a great credit union.

This Bank Steals From College Students.

I have been storing my money with UCU since the fall of 2011. Its online banking system only displays records as far back as January 2013, but since then I have lost $460 in transfer fees. When I opened the account, I asked for and was assured that my checking account would bounce any overdrafts, with no charge to me. This is a common practice in many banks outside of Maine, so I went on my merry way. Once or twice a year I would receive an withdrawal transfer fee notification in the mail, call UCU, get a refund on the fee and "reset" my account to not allow overdrafts. Recently I got another letter in the mail, checked my online account, and realized that I have probably lost twice as many as 460 dollars (given that I have records for only half of my time with UCU).

I know I should have been more vigilant about my spending - my fault there. This practice is technically not illegal, so I can't really do anything about that. But the notion that a credit union would repeatedly lie to its clients about the nature of their accounts is reprehensible. I intend to move my money into another bank or credit union as soon as possible.

Absolutely Revolting, Pathetic Excuse Of A Company:

This bank has the most unfriendly, unflexible "employees" that I have ever had to encounter. I will NEVER work with this incoherent buisness ever again. I am completely unsatisfied with my loan, the way they present themselves and their services. I will be taking legal action. I was told that I was an inconvinence to them and that they couldn't find anyone fast enough to "handle me" by a woman named Carla. I went through a male and another woman before reaching this "charming" woman. She attacked my personal life as well by saying she doesn't have any clue where I'm coming from. For working in "resolutions" you would think it would be her job to create a positive and helpful solution to bust costumer moral and get the money she is after. I am willing to pay three months early, but I am disgusted with the number of times I was transfered due to their inability or lack of the credentials to understand and answer a simple question. I give University Credit Union negative stars for performance, costumer satisfaction and timeliness.