Utah Community Credit Union Reviews

Worst BANK EVER!!!

So I have been a member to this bank for about 4 years now and I can honestly say I'm switching banks this bank does not work with you on anything and have been very rude. We have done a title loan a personal loan and a credit card with them and we have always paid off with in a year never any late payments always on time ogle early. But they suck when it comes to the amount you need/ want and don't care to work with

Awful Bank, Awful Customer Service

Posted by: Aukaukism | Jul 13, 2015

Awful system, especially with their overdraft policy and they will consistently find ways to penalize you and take your money. I use my UCCU checking account for my business, so I'm always depositing checks and cash and using my card to make purchases for the business, and I'm really careful about not withdrawing more than I actually have in my checking/saving accounts, but it's impossible to do so with UCCU due to their crappy system, which makes it look like UCCU is out to cheat their customers rather than serve them.

If you deposit a check, it takes two business days to process (which is normal) but what's more is their policy clearly states that you will receive a percentage of the money you deposited on the same day and then once the check clears, they'll put in the full amount. Simple, right? Not so. Example: they will say that you have $300 available immediately from your deposit of $1,600, and then if you make a large purchase or two (knowing that you're NOT overdrafting your account, since you have that extra $300), they will suddenly make that money "disappear" from your account and you'll have overdrawn your Checking account. If you have money in your saving account to make up the difference, they will take that money out (overdraft protection), which I like, BUT they'll still charge you $25 for each purchase that you "overdraw" from your account.

I have been penalized 6 times in a row before for "overdrawing" my account, costing me $150 dollars. When I checked by account after finding out I lost $150 dollars in one hour through penalizations, it showed that I had enough money in my checking account and even more in my savings account, BEFORE the overdraft penalties. The penalties put my balance under, NOT my spending.

I've also had an awful experience with consolidating a credit card debit that I had at another bank. The guy I worked with told me one thing about their interest rate and then what showed up later once the loan went through were two entirely different things. To keep it short, I now have one debt that was split into TWO debts...one with the other bank and one with UCCU. What's worse, is the manager that was helping me completely lied to me about the interest rate we'd have with UCCU, so now the interest I have with UCCU is higher than the interest I had on my other loan. I have a paper with all of the numbers that the guy promised me, signed and all, but those numbers do not match up with what I got in the end. UCCU won't listen to my complaints about this and I have no idea what to do next. Basically, UCCU is ruining me.

Customer service, both on the phone and in person, will treat you like a crap and act like you're a moron if you call to complain about this. They've told me that I have to know how much to spend and it's my fault for overdrawing my account, no matter how many times I've told them that I HAD the money. I'm going back to Bank of America now. They're a chain but they treated me a hell of lot better than this crappy little credit union.

The Worst Service I Have Ever Experienced In My Life!

Posted by: tatum | Jun 10, 2013

I am trying to purchace a home and have been trying to work with one of their loan officers but this partular loan guy That I have been working with does not EVER answer his phone.  He is impossible to get a hold of in a timely fashion. If I have a question and call him first thing in the morning, the soonest he gets back to me is at the very end of the day, when it is too late to get anything done. If I dont answer the phone when he calls I have to wait another 24 hours to hear back from him. It is just rediculolus!

So I decided to seek help with the issue from one of the managers. The manager was unsympathetic to my issue but decided to talk to the guiy and then came to me and said basicly that he is doing a great job for you and you are just a complainer.   And in doing so he made the loan guy angy and even more difficult to work with.

So I told the manager that I wanted to switch loan officers and the manager refused to let me work with anyone else.  He put a block on my account so I would HAVE to work with the unprofessional loan officer that wont answer his phone.

The management here are not interested in giving good customer service or treating their clients with respect. They believe that they can just treat you like crap because they have good rates and you are left at their mercy.

Well sorry NOT!  I will be getting a loan somewhere else.

Don't Bank Here!

Posted by: linds12 | Oct 4, 2011

I used to use uccu as my bank until I closed my account three

years ago.  I was not super impressed by them and moved to

another bank since I got married. Three years later when I want

to open a new account there, they deny me and won't tell me why.

When I go in and contact them I find out that the day after I

cancelled my account there, a payment had processed.  Had I been

contacted, this would have been taken care of.  UCCU never

contacted me, what they did was sent me straight to collections.

So for three years my credit has had this collections issue to

my name and I had no idea.  When I asked why I wasn't informed

of this, I was told that it didn't seem like a large enough

amount of money.  Well it was enough to go to collections and

on my credit.  I am appauled and disappointed in the service

and business of this company.  I can't believe that UCCU would

go behind someones' back and send them to collections when they

would have willingly paid off the payment right then and there.

I will never bank with UCCu again, nor will I ever recommend

them to anyone that I know, but I will strongly tell people not

to bank there due to the irresponsible way in which they handle

their customers.  I can't believe that an institution that

handles peoples money would intentionally ruin someones credit

because it didn't seem like a big enough amount.

Beware Of UCCU Utah Community Credit Union

Posted by: invert | Nov 23, 2010

What a waist of time going into UCCU credit union in Utah for a boat loan.  I had everything in line with great credit, W-2's, and everything; after two hours they can back an said sorry we really don't like to loan on that high of an amount on a boat loan.  The Manager of the Springville, UT location didn't know what he was doing or how to calculate income from a business tax return.  They should have told me right up front they wouldn't loan on that amount, and I would have been happy, but to make me wait for 2 hours was ridiculous.  I would never waist my time again going to Utah Community Credit Union.  I even call the corporate offices before I went an told them of the situation to make sure they offered boat loans and the amount I was looking to finance.  The operator said we offer loan amounts up to your request.  They need to be upfront with there customer and every employee needs understand all there policies so it doesn't waist our time or there's.

Great credit union

Posted by: Glen | Apr 26, 2014

I have used this credit union for over 15 years and have enjoyed their services. I just wish that their loans would be a little more competitive with other credit unions around. I have had no other problems and they have answered all my questions through email within 24 hours. I also can use their app to deposit checks through pictures so I barely have to go to the bank.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! YOU CAN DO BETTER.

Posted by: aakoch44 | Nov 4, 2013

I have been with UCCU for many years and finally have had enough! This place is an absolute joke! I applied for a home loan with Linda Nichols at the 800 South Orem Branch, and she was very unprofessional throughout the whole process(even when I go in there for daily transactions I feel like some teenager is helping me.) Linda miscalculated my info multiple times giving me inaccurate information. She kept bringing up options that would cost me more and would be horrible idea but might close the loan faster here and get her paid faster. To top it all off, she ordered an appraisal without any approval and then after we had told her that Mountain America could much more for us and had their head on straight, she tried to charge us all of these fees. I talked to 3 different lenders which is how I could compare here to the others I worked with who were above and beyond.

On another occasion at the Provo Stadium branch, went in to pay of an auto loan and had to pull teeth just to get a memo stating that the loan was paid off. They said that it shouldn't be needed, even though that is what my loan officer at another institution required for my home loan. Again, if your looking for a piggy bank than these guys might get you by, but if your a responsible adult who cares about his money, and interest rates, and wants a bank that has your best interest in mind rather than their own selfish interests in signing up just another account, or locking you into a poor loan and holding back the savings to up their commission, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN OUT OF UCCU! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Awesome, Fair, Credit Union!

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 23, 2011

Approved my auto loan at a great rate when Navy Federal Credit Union gave me the runaround for a week. One of the few credit unions where you can still sit down face-to-face with a loan officer and receive loans from people instead of computers.

Best Credit Union In Utah Valley

Posted by: Anonymous | Dec 24, 2010

I have been with this credit union for 10 years. I have received great customer service every time I've been in, and was instantly financed for a new car. My rates were low, payments manageable, and on the rare occasion my payment was late I didn't have a late fee - they have a grace period! I have used 3 different locations; UVU, Orem, and Provo, with service being quality at each. They don't have hidden fees or minimum balances, which is why I've moved from Chase to this business.

For everyday banking and loans this is the best choice in Utah valley.

FYI, The boat guy has spammed his "story" everywhere, with different variations on where he went to get his loan after UCCU...and apparently he even went back to UCCU. He's not a long time customer of the credit union, and I would doubt his story.