Vibrant Credit Union Reviews

Vibrant Credit Union

Personal service here has been thrown out the window. For many years 'Vibrant " has handled our mortgages. Very satisfied. Recently needed a new small mortgage and were hoping for a bridge loan, as available to us in the past. No longer available. Not in the current business model. They are moving to a virtual type. Anyhow to get from purchase of new property to sale of then current property would take less than 20 days. Mortgage was sold to an inept Texas Corp in less than 10 days. We were NEVER told of their intention to sell new mortgage during application process. Was made aware at the closing. Never would have done business with them if they had disclosed this to us. Never will EVER again. STAY AWAY. Had also talked to a "mortgage vice president " who was rude and VERY smug.

Terrible Terrible Terrible

This is the rudest, most unprofessional credit union I have ever had to deal with. They bought out my credit union, and I knew I should’ve left then. There is no personal service. Instead of calling my local branch, I have to go through their headquarters in Moline I can never speak to a manager or a supervisor when needed.

Management First, Members Are Tools

An example: Vibrant pays per member per month for each online banking customer, so don't log in to your online account for a while and they turn you off.

Don't have any transactions in a certain time period (Earning interest doesn't count as a transaction) and they start charging you a $25 / month inactivity fee.

What do they do for you the for $25 fee each month? Not a damn thing - they don't even bother to send you a letter about the fee. All along you will receive their cheeky marketing emails.

High interest rate on a checking account with a nifty name? Beware: You have to earn it by using a connected debit card many times each month. Make sure you are aware of the penalties if you do not meet the usage requirement.

Very Pleased

I have banked with this credit union for about 10 years. I have enjoyed using their services over the years. Whenever I have questions in regards to my accounts they are friendly and helpful both in person and over the phone. Their saving accounts are great and I love to see the interest build over time. Their fees are much more reasonable than other credit unions in the area. I also enjoy their mobile making site because it makes it easy to keep up with my checking and savings balances. They have a great cashback checking rewards program just for sliding your debit card. That program is one of my favorite things about this credit union. Who doesn't love free money just for using your bank account?!

Long Term Customer

I have been with this credit union since I was 19 years old, I am now 32. They were formerly Deere Harvester Credit Union, then DHCU Community Credit Union and they are now Vibrant Credit Union. Though out all of the years I have been with them I haven't really had any complaints. I had only a savings account with them until recently. My credit is bad and I didn't qualify for a checking account, which never bothered me because I was able to do everything I needed as far as paying bills ect. from my savings account. After being with them for all of these years, shortly after the most recent name change, I encountered my first problem with them. I had recently moved out of state, and this is a local credit union to the Quad Cities. For some reason with the name change, my Amazon Payments account and my PayPal account would no longer link to my savings account. Which posed quite an issue since I get paid for my online work through those 2 agencies. Between Emails and phone calls with Caleb, they opened me a checking account to make the accounts link up once again. They didn't have to do this for me, I know I have terrible credit. They did all of this long distance as I live in Arizona now. They have been a wonderful organization to be a part of. They have done everything in their power to keep me a happy customer and make it to where I can keep them as my credit union. I highly recommend them if you are in the Quad Cities area and should ever expand beyond that area I recommend them for where ever that may be. Thank you Vibrant for being awesome and working with me through the problems.