VyStar Credit Union Reviews

Deposit Available In 11Days?

I made a deposit on May 7, and after speaking with the Vystar representative today, she told me that this deposit will be available on May 18. Eleven days to make it available?
Can you believe this? It is completely out of sense.
The day after I deposited the check, it was cashed from the account of the person who did not issue the check.
We are very unhappy with this bank, "WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BANK, LOOK FOR ANOTHER OPTION"

Vystar CU Is Horrible Bank

Vystar is truly a terrible bank. Should be out of business. Very disappointed w/ their service primarily loan application. I have an outstanding credit report and the bank disapproved my loan request. This is not the first time they have disapproved. 16 years ago I applied for car loan and home loan, yes you guess it right, both loans were disapproved. Because of their horrible service, customer services I have decided to close all of my accounts. I should have done this long time ago. Stay away from this bank, frankly speaking. If there was below one star option, definitely Vystar CU deserves that.

Do Not Trust This Bank!!!

This is not a good bank. Be careful with your money here. I was a victim of fraud through the website. They credited me back twice. Something I did not notice. They waited almost 2 and a half months to take it out of my account. They took it out in the middle of COVID 19 Crisis a day before the shut down. I was told they have 60 days to reverse it. Something not mentioned to me before.

There Are Better Choices For Banking

Yes, everyone is superficially nice and friendly when you call or go into a branch. On the other hand, their on-line services is down a lot more than the other banks I've dealt with. They also make closing an account unnecessarily difficult. I had a joint account with my mother, who was primary on the account. When I went to close the account after she passed away, I went into the branch with her certified death certificate as well as my driver's license. Unlike every other bank where I've closed an account under the same circumstances, they were unable to finish the transaction. They told me their policy was that their central office had to review the information before closing the account and they were backed up (wtf?). They said that they would get back with me within 24-48 hours so I could come back in to close the account. They could not tell me why they needed to do this other than it is policy. Well, they never called me, but I did call them the next day to confirm that the account was ready to be closed. On this second trip in to accomplish what should have been done the day before, I asked again why they needed to review this. They said it was to verify that there were no outstanding loans or unprocessed transactions. I knew there were none before I requested to close the account. If they've experienced bad experiences with other members they should have said so, and made arrangements to actually close the account once they reviewed the information without my having to come in a second time. I don't like being treated like a thief or a child in handling my own money, nor being inconvenienced to the degree I experienced. I've closed many bank accounts in my lifetime without having to make 2 trips due to the bank's arbitrary policy. BTW, this was a $2,000 account in good standing, and I have a high credit rating. There are better banking choices available.

Keep An Eye On Your Emails After Opening New Account!!!!

We have been with Vystar for about 7 months. I recently decided to open another account with them in order to have a bill account and spending account. As soon as signing up, I received notification this account was ‘approved’. I then switched my direct deposit to this new account. That Saturday, I went into the Port Orange, FL branch to get a new debit card as I had lost my old one. The gentleman that helped me told me he could not give me a full access debit card, but that he would issue me an ‘ATM’ card to where I could withdrawal cash only from the ATM. I immediately questioned why that was the case as I was expecting my paycheck the next Thursday and would be out of town for work so I needed the debit card to access MY funds. He stated because my account was overdrawn $178 from their return fees due to an auto bill attempting to pull funds from my account multiple times, I could not do anything until I brought that account to a positive. I had to problem with this as I had already intended to make a transfer and split the funds between both accounts anyways. He ended up giving me a debit card and advised me once the account was taken care of, I would be able to make purchases again. Again, this was not a problem to me as long as I could access my funds come payday. I mean, their motto is ‘we never forget it’s your money’, right?? Fast forward to Thursday morning when I receive back to back calls from my husband. I finally answer after being woken up to him questioning if the guy at the bank set a restriction on his card as well. I told him I didn’t think so as he hadn’t mentioned it, but it was a good possibility as we have a joint account and that I would fix it right away and simply make the transfer from the other account. I sprung up out of bed upon opening the mobile app and finding no new existing account and still seeing a negative balance!!! WHERE IS MY MONEY?!!! So I immediately jump on the phone and speak with the call center and am told I never had a new account and it wasn’t possible for me to set up direct deposit to this said account because it wasn’t showing under my member ID. I assured her I did indeed have one along with an email and the account number itself and would be happy to provide them the proof. After further investigating, she did find this new account, but stated it had been closed and my check was rejected and sent back to my employer’s bank. I of course was not a happy da** camper as obviously my check is just ‘floating’ out there and here it is the weekend, so I more than likely won’t be able to access these funds until next week. After this call center representative tells me I should have kept my direct deposit the way it was and this would have never happened (well duh, but who do you think you are to make a comment like that to me?!), I hung up the phone and called my HR dept. They give me a turnaround time of 3-7 business days before they will attempt to release my check again. I changed my account back to my other account at that point. I then checked my emails and sure enough, I received an email days after I had opened my account that they decided against it due to my bad standing with my other account. Now mind you, my account became overdrawn only a week prior to my next pay date. I wasn’t even given a good faith chance to take care of this come the time when I could. So here I am, Friday morning, bills due, kids to feed, plans to cancel, and headed home this morning with no money, and anger inside as this could have been prevented had they just not approved my account after going through the approval process. As soon as I receive my funds, my husband and I intend to close our account and find another credit union to bank with. And I sure hope they do random annual reviews on their calls. Seems like a lot of reps would be out of their jobs from the poor customer service they give to their members!!!

A Great Local Credit Union!

I have been through several banks in my life -- from First Union who turned into Wachovia and then to Wells Fargo. I saw the greed of the large banks. The monthly fees, the required minimums and the poor customer service and run around when there is a problem.

About 6 years ago, I got tired of the run around and decided to look for a local community bank or credit union. I stumbled on VyStar Credit Union and I am happy I did. All of their checking/savings accounts have no monthly maintenance fees and while I don't use their savings accounts due to low rates (use an online savings account!) I do love having a local bank I can go to if I need something. I felt it was important to establish a relationship with a local bank for a variety of reasons. VyStar processes mobile check deposits quickly, usually the same day and their customer service is great. I can chat with them 7 days a week if I need something and they're quick to respond to secure messages from the online portal.

No bank is perfect, but if you're looking to develop a relationship with your bank and not just be a number to them go open an account with VyStar Credit Union. I am happy I did.

Vystar Is An Excellent Local Credit Union

Vystar offers no fee checking accounts and savings accounts with the added benefit of interest earned on both accounts. I have been pleased with the service they provide both in person and on line. For convenience they offer mobile deposit which worked well for me since my employer did not offer direct deposit. Their hours and days open are also designed with the consumer in mind.
Vystar offers personal, auto and mortgage loans with reasonable interest rates. For those trying to reestablish credit, they have a secured credit card. Bill Pay services are available as well as emailed statements for a more green way of doing things.
Many financial tools are available on their website to male it easy to st up a budget and assist yourself with a financial make over.

Vystar

Vystar Credit Union is the only bank/credit I have ever used. To get a savings account, you must keep $5 in the account at all times, which does not show in your account. The savings account also gains a decent amount of interest, a few cents depending on your total saved. The checking accounts are free and generally have overdraft protection linked to savings account. As far as customer service, they are always extremely courteous and knowledgeable. Calling Customer Service, it is always easy to do what you need. Same things goes for in store. Also, you don't have to wait for a new card in the mail of you lose yours - they can print them in branch! My wife went to Vystar to get a loan, and instead of giving her a loan they gave her a new line of credit, which really helped us out. I would definitely rate them 5/5.

As GOOD As It Gets! (Almost.........)

Been with these guys since 1976. Never a problem. they have been shoulder to shoulder with me, financially, through good times and bad.
Their CD rates are poor, and I guess that is because they build SO many new branches and need the money, but Navy Federal beats their (and ALL other) Badly.

Vystar review

Vystar is a very reliable credit union. I have been with them for a few years now and I have never had any big problems with them. The customer service is great and I always feel safe and secure when I am there. I have used them for a checking account and savings account. I had a CD with them but I found that online banks have better rates. But, for a local credit union, I wouldn't choose any other one. I like having the access to them within a few minutes drive.

Banking at Vystar Credit Union

I have been banking with Vystar Credit Union for over 10 years. I am always very pleased with their customer service and they are always able to answer all of my questions. I have a checking and savings account through them as well as a savings account for my son. My rate is excellent! There is a mobile app so I constantly have access to know my money. Some banks charge a fee to have an active account and Vystar has never charged me any fees. I prefer to bank with a credit union over a larger institution.

Poor Choice For Large Accounts

I'm accumulating funds toward buying a property, and live well outside town. I've ended out with $10k+ in my Vystar account and need to transfer it to an escrow account. The only way I can do this online is to do bank transfers in $2000 increments, no more than one a day, and the most I can transfer in 30 days is $5k. If I want a wire transfer (at $35) I have to come in an fill out a bunch of forms. I also find Vystar's system for e-depositing checks to be clumsy. I prefer to do e-deposits with a scanner and desktop. That isn't supported. The cell phone method, which is supported, generally fails a few times before it lets a deposit go through.

POOR BANK CHOICE

I chose to become a member at this bank recently! I definitely regret my decision. I can not access my account! I never know the funds that are available. My debit card would not work after being activated in the bank. I was directed to the website to set up online banking where I can at least monitor my account. The website did not allow me to create an account and directed me to call customer service. Customer Service is only available limited hours. I have had to drive back and forth to the bank anytime I needed to pay any bills or use the money I placed in the account. I am very UNSATISFIED with the way that customer service is rendered and the amount of support available. The people that work in the bank seem nice however the system is not very helpful or beneficial. Hard to navigate through website. Everything is redirected to customer service which can not be accessed after 7pm. RECONSIDER!!!!!!

New Mobile Banking

BAD MOVE ON NEW MOBILE BANKING.
Can't get into account 40% of time while on my tablet or phone. This vendor should have been checked and re-checked.

Vystar Is Not Good Anymore

Everything was good for many years.... My guess is they appointed a new Genius to run the Credit union..... Bad move.... I went into a branch the other day to deposit my business checks from the day.... 3:30 pm.. busy part of the day. Only three tellers available.

Then ...... here's the big one. They had a new provider come in for mobile banking.. Very very very bad move. I asked them why. The answer is that it would be better and more secure..... Secure is right. I cannot even get in to my account most of the time. I joined Vystar because I was tired of banks...... Well looks like that won't be the way I'm going any more.....

Going into the branch tomorrow (if they are operating) and closing my business and personal accounts.

The NEW Online Experience

VyStar recently converted to a "new and improved" site that required members to sit back and wait for the change and then could re-register on a certain date.
The fiasco that ensued should have been envisioned, but was not. The website was simply overwhelmed as so many members were frustrated when the site was flooded with many members trying to get back to online banking.
This new online site NOW holds all transactions for two days (shows up as an italicized entry on ones account) before the latest transactions can be downloaded by export to a personal computer, whereas the older dumped program showed all completed entries and was up to date.
(When I insisted on asking the question "WHY",
I was informed "unfortunately that is just the normal processing time for this new system. We cannot rush or alter this processing time frame."
I continue to ask "but WHY" and am ignored. In my opinion upper management has completely lost control to their IT team here, and would hope the Board of Directors would step in and start asking "WHY" questions to such managers!

P.S. The individual branch personnel that I have met over the years as being a member, are all outstanding and are FIVE STAR loyal employees---Many of these also do not understand why Headquarters is changing a proven record of doing business to this new dictated edict of change that was deemed so necessary and good by the CEO!

Great Bank

I've been with this Credit Union for going on 8 years and I have never had a problem. When I have to go to the physical building(s), they always welcome me as I walk into the door and the tellers are very knowledgeable and courteous. Their ATMs are everywhere I travel, so I never have to worry about paying another bank's ATM fee, and they take check/cash deposits which is very convenient for me. The online banking (and app for phones) is clear and easy to navigate. If I were to have one complaint though, it's the "Photo Deposit" of checks. It took me several angles and photos before it was finally accepted but it did deposit immediately.

Vystar is a Great Place for All Your Banking Needs!

I opened an account at Vystar a few moths ago after into the area. The woman who helped me open my account was very friendly and professional. To open a checking account I had to first open a savings account because you have to do that in order to establish membership in a credit union. I only had to put $5 in to open the account, which can be refunded after 6 months if you decide to leave Vystar. With that I received a free checking account. Unlike most banks there is no monthly minimum amount required to have the accounts. You are not required to do any minimum debit transactions. And you do not need to have direct deposit in order to avoid fees. There are no monthly fees. They allow you to cash checks up to $200 when you do not have funds to cover the check in the account. And you only have to wait two days for a check to clear before getting the remaining amount if cashing a check for over $200. I always recommend Vystar to all of my friends and family when they complain about service fees charged by their banks. Not only are they free and convenient, they are also dedicated to personal service. After I opened my account the woman who helped me called me to see how everything was and let me know that if I ever had any problems or issues that I could contact her at any time. Everyone I have ever dealt with in my branch is fast,friendly, and professional. I am very pleased with their service and happy I found such a great place to bank.

Dont Let The Name Fool You... Its A Commercial Bank (In Its Practices)

Their "we never forget its your money" is a joke, should be "once we have your money, its ours"

They pull all the same stuff as commercial banks, I deposited a check after 2 on the thursday before labor day (the check was from my stock account (computershare) that I had deposited similar checks from in the last month w/o issue/hold. They held this one and of course had no problem clearing the personal check I wrote the day AFTER.

Find a real credit union, there are plenty of good ones... not one in name only!

Vystar review

Vystar is an overall good credit union. Their checking account and savings accounts have no fees, which is great. Additionally, you can withdraw and deposit into your savings account without restriction, which is also nice. They have great customer service in the branch, and in Jacksonville where I live they have several branches. I also did an auto loan with them with a much better interest rate than I had. One of the areas they do fall short is weekend customer service over the phone if you have an issue, you cannot reach a person until Monday. Additionally, they are very strict on pulling money out of ATMs, so never try to take much money out on the weekends, as your account will be locked. These inconveniences are because they are such a small bank. Overall I would recommend them- just make sure you plan ahead of weekends any time you need to make large withdrawals.

Vystar Mobile App

Great bank, you have to do an app for window phones.

Would Give A Minus Rating If Possible

Hope you never have a problem!  Vystar Customer service reps do not listen.  I was explaining what I needed and the phone sounded like no one was there.  When I didn't get any response to a question, I asked if the rep was listening.  She said she didn't have to put up with talk like that and hung up.  I called back and told the next person I was upset because I was hung up on and she all but called me a liar and hung up.  I thought calls WERE the job ... not an interruption to what ever they were doing.  POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Loss Of Comunnication!

Long story short. I applied for a auto loan through vystar. I am out of state and no where near my usual vystar location. When I talked to a vystar representative she claimed this would be an easy process. If I would have know the trouble they caused I would have turned away and ran! Every day I called to check on my auto loan process and everyday they needed a different piece of paper work faxed. There is no problem with needing something faxed but every other day it was 6 more documents and documents I already faxed. The owner of the car that I am purchasing sent the title and the bank lost it! They eventually found it but needless to say they have awful communication with one another. Every representative I talked to had different needs. I would not recommend using vystar. They are just IRRESPONSIBLE!

Title Issue

I filed bankruptcy a little over a year ago. I defaulted on a boat loan and a credit card.

I re-affirmed the auto loan I had.

I have one payment left on the auto loan and when I called to find out the pay off they told me I still owed $40,000.00.

The pay off is supposed to be only around $450.00.

They had placed a lien on my truck for the boat and credit card loss and said they would not release the title until I paid the rest.

How is it legal to do this. If I had know they could do this I would have not reaffirmed the auto loan.

NO ONE explained they could do this during the bankruptcy.

DO NOT EVER USE VYSTAR CREDIT UNION!!!!