Washington State Employees Credit Union Reviews

Unorganized And Unprofessional

We go to the Olympia branch of Wsecu, and they had been so unorganized I'm planning on closing my account with them.

We signed up for direct deposit to another bank for car payments. We signed the papers, it worked as intended the first month. The money moved from our checking at WESCU into the other Banks savings.

The next month, money was moved from the checking into savings, then immediately back into the savings account at WESCU. Two weeks later we get notified our car payment is late. We had no idea, because for two weeks the money that was transferred back into the WESCU savings account did not show up.

They not only changed the terms of our direct deposit without our permission, I believe someone at the Olympia branch was trying to steal our money. The money only showed back up in the account after we called about it, almost 14 days after our other bank showed them pull it back out.

We told them to cancel ALL transfers. They tell us they did. The next month, our money is being transferred again.

I found the Olympia staff to be unhelpful. We called 3 times and tried making 3 appointments to discuss our savings and they never responded.

The very first (and only) late payment I made on my card got a $25 dollar fee. They say they have room for forgiveness if it's your first mistake, but Olympia's branch refused (which is their right, but it shows they do not care about helping their customers).

If you have direct deposit with WESCU,watch your money carefully. They seem to believe they have the authority to change the terms of your direct deposit after it's been set up, without your permission.

I will also be getting 5x the APY on my savings account at my new bank. WESCU only offers 0.01%

WSECU - Chehalis WA office

Customer Service is wonderful. Employees know members by name. Always there to help and answer questions. Greats everyone as they come in. Easy access to the website. Transferring money and using on-line banking a plus. Great credit card services. They question some purchases to make sure the user is the owner of the card. The credit union is well planned out, and easy to use. There is even a coin machine that will add up all ones coins.

Great Customer Service

We've banked with WSECU for 25-years, and they are the best bank we've dealt with. They are very professional and courteous and willing to do what they can to meet your needs. They are over and above other banks we've had accounts with, such as Bank of America, and Citibank. It's a world of difference. We would definitely recommend them if you're looking for a bank with real care and concern and they don't treat you like you're some customer that's one out of a million others that they could care less about.

Customer Service

We've been customers for 25 years, and they are the best we've ever banked with. They just treat you well and remain professional and courteous whenever we have any needs. I would recommend them and it is a much better experience than other banks we've had dealings with such as Bank of America, Citi Bank, etc. A world of difference!

Great Service And Rates

While the interest you earn on savings and checking accounts is typically low, the service is always fantastic and the fees are far below average for banks (the fees are probably average for Credit Unions, which is to say "very low").

WSECU doesn't have too many ATMs, but they are part of the Credit Union Co-Op, which gives you free usage of the ATMs at all 7-Eleven stores (so, probably 6,000 locations around the country) and shared branch banking with other credit unions: especially convenient for travelers, this gives you more flexibility than the largest private systems (BofA or Citibank, for example).

The international exchange rate is fantastic (1%) if you can find a partner bank system (5B in Central America, for example), though they don't advertise this benefit to members! And the rewards program, if you partake, offers a great value on exchange of points for prepaid credit cards.

Great customer service at the University district location in Seattle, though I miss the drive through, and at the Lake Union branch which responds quickly to lines by bringing more tellers up to the front.