Now through November 1, 2016, Select Bank & Trust (Select Bank) is offering a $100 bonus when opening a new Easy Green Checking account, which earns 1.01% APY on qualifying balances up to $25k. Qualifying balances over $25k earn 0.15% APY, with non-qualifying balances earning 0.01% APY.
|0.90*%||-||$25k||Select Bank & Trust||Easy Green Checking|
|OTHER TIERS: 0.05% → $25k+|
Easy Green Checking Bonus Requirements
- Open an Easy Green Checking account, as a new customer or with new money, between August 1 and November 1, 2016.
- At least $1k in Direct Deposits within 60 days of account opening.
- At least 15 debit card transactions (signature or PIN) within 60 days of account opening.
- Enroll in eStatements with 60 days of account opening.
The Fine Print
- If all requirements are met, the $100 bonus will be deposited within two statement cycles following the account’s initial 60-day period.
- Only one new checking account-related bonus per customer per calendar year.
- Easy Green Checking requires a minimum $100 opening deposit, but has no minimum balance requirement or monthly service charges.
- All nationwide ATMs fees will be refunded.
Thanks to DA reader, Floyd, for his Forum post about the Easy Green Checking bonus.
Headquartered in Dunn, Select Bank & Trust is currently North Carolina’s 20th largest bank, with a market area that covers the eastern half of the state.
Applying for an Easy Green Checking account and the $100 bonus can be done at any of 13 North Carolina branches located in Burlington, Clinton, Dunn, Elizabeth City, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Greenville, Leland, Lillington, Lumberton, Morehead City, Raleigh, and Washington. Select Bank’s online banking platform is currently dedicated to account management and bill payment services.
Select Bank & Trust (FDIC Certificate # 35465) has an overall health grade of "A+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 7.54% (excellent) based on March 31, 2016 data. In the past year, Select Bank has increased its total deposits by $64.8 million, an excellent annual growth rate of 10.74%. Please refer to our financial overview of Select Bank & Trust for more details.
Select Bank & Trust was established in 2000 as New Century Bank. Between 2008 and 2014, the Bank acquired New Century Bank South (Fayetteville) and Select Bank & Trust Company (Greenville), resulting in the Select Bank & Trust rebrand. In the June 2016 edition of Business North Carolina Select Bank was rated as 30th out of the 100 largest North Carolina banks and credit unions, and ranked 7th in “fastest growth in revenue” category.
How the Bonus Compares
The Easy Green Checking’s 1.01% APY is disappointing, but the $100 bonus makes it much more palatable.
Assuming $1,100 (direct deposit + initial deposit) in an Easy Green Checking account for 4 months:
- $1,100 in a savings account earning 1.00% for 4 months = $3.69
- $1,100 in an Easy Green Checking account for 4 months = $103.69
With relatively straightforward qualifications and limited investment to earn the $100 bonus, this seems to be a fairly easy promotion for those in Select Bank’s market area.
The above rates are accurate as of 8/15/2016.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Select Bank’s bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.