Update 7/16/2010: The sweepstakes is now over. Congratulations to the following winners!
- 1st Place, $250 - Ode to a Lost Hero by theteach
- 2nd Place, $100 - Center Bank. Los Angeles KoreaTown by me1004
- 3rd Place, $50 - IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union - In Short, I Love Them! by zapeta
I will be contacting these members via the forum's private message (PM) system to find out where to send the checks.
We're trying something different here at DepositAccounts.com. To encourage more participation in our new discussion forum, we have started a sweepstakes in which you can win one of three cash prizes of $250, $100 and $50. These will be awarded by a random drawing of those who submit bank reviews over the next month. You get one entry per review and up to 5 reviews are allowed per person. The three winners will receive checks in the mail. The full details of the rules are listed at the bottom of this post.
The reviews should be submitted as new threads in the Bank and Credit Union Reviews forum. This forum is intended to be a place where we share our experiences on the banks and credit unions. Did you experience good or bad customer service? Did you get hit with sneaky fees? Did the bank make it easy to open accounts? Or was the process a pain?
Before you can submit a new thread, you have to register. This only requires an email address, a user name and a password.
Once you're registered, just click on the "New Thread" button at the top of the Bank and Credit Union Reviews forum. The forum will then prompt you for the URL of your bank or credit union. This is the website address. If you don't know it, just select continue, and we'll help you find it.
After we identify the bank or credit union, you'll then see the form where you can start your review. But first, please give a rating to the institution (5 stars for a great experience to 1 star for a terrible experience). Summarize your review in the Subject box, and then describe your experiences in the main box. If you want to format your text or insert links, highlight the section of text you wish to modify and click the desired button in toolbar. When you're done, use the preview button to see how the post will look, and then select post to submit it to the forum. If you make a mistake, you have one day to make an edit.
Compared to the old Open Discussion Thread, this new forum may take a little time to get used to. Once you start using it, I think you'll find it's easy to use. The few extra steps that it takes to post help to ensure that the information is organized which makes it easier for us to learn from each other so we can find the best bank deals and avoid the gotchas.
DepositAccounts.com Bank Review Sweepstakes Rules
1. Introduction – DepositAccounts.com (Sponsor) is offering an Online Sweepstakes (Sweepstakes). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility – Entrant must be 18 years of age or older as of June 16th, 2010 and a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia. This sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States.
3. Start and End Dates – Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am E.T. on Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 E.T. on Thursday, July 15th, 2010.
4. How to Enter – Visit http://www.depositaccounts.com/forum/reviews.html and submit a new thread providing a complete and honest review of a US bank or credit union you have experience with. Limit five entries per person. Additional reviews may be submitted during the sweepstakes window, but will not be considered for entry in the sweepstakes. Entrants must provide a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
You may also enter this sweepstakes via postal mail by submitting a post card containing name and physical address or email address to:
Bank Review Sweepstakes
c/o Deposits Online, LLC
PO Box 660675 # 61488
Dallas, TX 75266-0675
5. Drawing – Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries on Friday, July 16th, 2010 by DepositAccounts.com whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstake. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by e-mail or mail.
6. Prizes – The following prizes will be awarded:
First winner: $250 cash prize issued via check.
Second winner: $100 cash prize issued via check.
Third winner: $50 cash prize issued via check.
Total value of all prizes: $400.
7. Conditions – Sponsor will have the right to publish the winners’ username, first name, last initial and state of residence at the end of the contest. By participating, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever.
8. Miscellaneous - All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. List of Winners – At the conclusion of the contest a list of winners will be posted at http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/2010/06/the-share-learn-and-win-promotion-at-depositaccountscom.html