At that promotion page enter your email address, and it'll email you a promotion code that can be used at a branch or at Chase's online application. The expiration date listed as of today is 12/31/08.
Some of the important small print of this offer includes:
- $100 minimum opening deposit of new money
- Chase Free Checking has no monthly service fee when you have direct deposit or at least 5 debit card purchases per cycle.
- Limit one personal checking account-related reward/premium per customer, per calendar year.
- To receive the bonus, the first direct deposit must be completed within 60 calendar days of account opening
- The cash bonus will be deposited into your new account within 10 days after the initial direct deposit
- Checking account must remain open for a minimum of six months or the reward will be debited from the account at closing.
- Cash bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Chase Branch Locations
Chase has branches in many states but not all. There are no branches in California. States with Chase branches include Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida (Southwest), Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Chase is FDIC insured under JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (FDIC Certificate # 628).
Credit for this find goes to this FW thread.