Update 4/03/11: The top rate has fallen to 3.51% APY
- 3.51% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on the portion of the balance over $25,000
- 0.10% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds
The monthly requirements include:
- 10 check card purchases
- 1 direct deposit or automatic payment
- Receive e-Statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $20 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
Membership is open to those who live, work, worship or attend school in one of the following Texas counties: Aransas, Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Nueces and San Patricio. Refer to the credit union's Who-Can-Join page for more details. Membership requires a $15 membership fee and a minimum deposit of $25 in the savings account. Most credit unions don't have a membership fee so this may be something you can negotiate.
Another plus with this credit union is its history of competitive CD rates.
Branches are located in the Texas cities of Corpus Christi, Kingsville, Beeville, Portland and Rockport.
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 9998).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 04/01/11: 3.51% APY up to $25K
- 06/28/09: 4.51% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.10% base