HomeStreet Bank has again extended its $215 checking account promotion that I last reported on in April. They did make some changes. The bonus amounts for the different activities have changed a little. They offer a little more for direct deposit and bill pay, but less for the Visa check card purchases. Details are listed in the bank's promotion page. The offer is scheduled to last through
- $80 for direct deposits of payroll, pension, social security or other income to your account
- $60 for using your new Visa Check card ($2 per purchase up to $60)
- $40 for using free Online Bill Pay ($10 per payment up to $40)
- $10 for receiving e-statements
- $25 for giving the bank your old checks and debit card from your old bank ($15 for your check card and $2 per pad of checks up to $10).
- Minimum opening deposit for the checking account is $100
- The Totally Free Checking qualifies
- All transactions eligible for a bonus payment must be made within the first 3 statement cycles after account opening
- Offer is limited to one account per household
- Accounts closed by the customer within 90 days of opening are subject to a $15 early closure fee
It appears a branch visit is required for this promotion. Branches are located in Washington State, Oregon and Hawaii. The bank is a member FDIC (FDIC Certificate # 32489).