Neighbors Federal Credit Union is offering a reward checking account with the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.51% APY on balances up to $10,000
- 0.50% on portion of balances above $10,000
- 0.05% base rate if qualifications are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $4.99 per transaction
The monthly requirements include:
- 10 Visa check card purchases
- One direct deposit or automatic payment
- Receive e-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Free Online Bill Pay
The credit union has an online application from andera.com which allows you to join the credit union and fund the accounts electronically. However, you still must be eligible for membership to apply.
Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in any of the following 9 Louisiana parishes: East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Ascension, Livingston, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, East Feliciana, West Feliciana, and Saint Helena. Please refer to the credit union's How to Join Page for the full details. Membership requires a minimum balance of $5 in the Members Savings account.
Branches are located in Baton Rouge, Zachary and Denham Springs.
Neighbors FCU's ratings for safety and soundness based on 3/31/09 financial data include:
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 9229).
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this reward checking account in the comments.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 03/01/10: 3.51% APY up to $10K; 0.50% over; 0.05% base
- 12/07/09: 4.51% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.15% base